Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1367 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-18-2008, 03:45 AM   #946
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-21-2008, 12:45 PM   #947
hehlow
and goodbye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune-sama View Post
>=/ G'dammit, I KNEW it!! I'm so peeved now... and there was some idiotic message on Paypal saying that "it wasn't a type of transaction that could be disputed or made into a claim" or something screwy like that...

Dx I dunno what to do now, any help?
Woops! Sorry for the extremely slow reply, I didn't know you quoted me.

You should probably report this to eBay...though it's a little late now and they'll wonder why you waited so long, but it's worth a shot I suppose.

::Edit

You should also probably call paypal/eBay.
Unread 07-21-2008, 04:04 PM   #948
Kitsune-sama
The Hot Glue Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hehlow View Post
Woops! Sorry for the extremely slow reply, I didn't know you quoted me.

You should probably report this to eBay...though it's a little late now and they'll wonder why you waited so long, but it's worth a shot I suppose.

::Edit

You should also probably call paypal/eBay.
Trouble is, I didn't buy it from ebay, I bought it from the Marketplace here. I've called Paypal, but I can't do crap because it's not even her own Paypal account, as well as the time frame for reports is past due. I've called the bank and there's nothing the bank can do, since the time has also expired... so, I'm going to have to threaten with legal action and take her to small claims court. Although, I have no freakin' clue what her real, full name is >=/
Kitsune-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2008, 04:43 PM   #949
Winter Divinity
夢は永遠に反響する

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune-sama View Post
Trouble is, I didn't buy it from ebay, I bought it from the Marketplace here. I've called Paypal, but I can't do crap because it's not even her own Paypal account, as well as the time frame for reports is past due. I've called the bank and there's nothing the bank can do, since the time has also expired... so, I'm going to have to threaten with legal action and take her to small claims court. Although, I have no freakin' clue what her real, full name is >=/
Did you pay with a credit card? You can get a chargeback on that transaction for non-receipt. It doesn't matter if it's not her paypal account. Whoever accepts the payment is responsible for insuring the shipment of the goods, and must provide proof of shipment. Since you didn't get it, she didn't ship it, therefore you will win the case against that account. If you can't get a chargeback, and you want to take it to small claims court, you can take the account holder to court. They will be responsible to pay you back, since they did a favor for her.
Winter Divinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2008, 05:26 PM   #950
Kitsune-sama
The Hot Glue Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintress View Post
Did you pay with a credit card? You can get a chargeback on that transaction for non-receipt. It doesn't matter if it's not her paypal account. Whoever accepts the payment is responsible for insuring the shipment of the goods, and must provide proof of shipment. Since you didn't get it, she didn't ship it, therefore you will win the case against that account. If you can't get a chargeback, and you want to take it to small claims court, you can take the account holder to court. They will be responsible to pay you back, since they did a favor for her.
I paid with my checking account, my debit card. And that's what I planned to do in regards to the person's Paypal. She was incredibly snippy and rude to me, saying that none of it was her business and that if the seller saw fit to, she would refund me. She also said she had nothing to do with it and all these excuses, and I need a name to file the case against, and she's the only one I've been able to get the name from.
Kitsune-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2008, 05:38 PM   #951
finally_akon
Copy/Paste Productions

Name of Commissioner: Chisai/Cat Szeto

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.freewebs.com/chisaiwigs

Character commissioned: Katara wig

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: yaye!

Timeline: A few weeks? Much quicker than I expected :3

Describe your Experience: I had already met Cat before, after she'd helped a friend of mine fix up a wig for another cosplay, so I had plenty of respect for her and I was more than willing to commission her. I wasn't disappointed.

Pros: Great communication, made the wig to the specifications I had laid out

Cons: Waiting for it to arrive XD Thank goodness we live in the same state. Oh, and that I can't wear it for while; I don't have any wig car products on the off-chance I do something horrendous to harm my wig D:

Comments: I love this wig It arrived when many of the other Avatar cosplayers were at my house, so it was a very exciting moment. The wig is beautiful and I adore it ;-;

Final Grade: A+++^(infinity sign) I recommend her to anyone and everyone!! X3 I wouldn't have my wig made by anyone else <3

Last edited by finally_akon : 07-21-2008 at 06:06 PM.
finally_akon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2008, 06:05 PM   #952
chisainekocat
Harr0

Thank you! ^_^ Kanira, please put the review under my screen name or business name so it's easier to connect it to me: "chisainekocat" or "Chisai's Wigs". Thank you!

My old cosplay group: JAC Productions (with Paro Paro Inc friends) jac-productions.com/
chisainekocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2008, 11:43 PM   #953
UrMastrInuYasha
Baka

Has anyone use Cosplaystation.ca? They have a wig I want, and I can't seem to find any feedback on them.

UrMastrInuYasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2008, 02:44 AM   #954
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisainekocat View Post
Thank you! ^_^ Kanira, please put the review under my screen name or business name so it's easier to connect it to me: "chisainekocat" or "Chisai's Wigs". Thank you!
You know, I always thought your name was Chisaine Ko-Cat for some reason, and just now realized it's 小さい猫 cat. Oops!

And we're updated
Unread 07-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #955
chisainekocat
Harr0

LOL. Yeah, it means "small cat cat", haha. Thanks for maintaining this thread ^_^.

My old cosplay group: JAC Productions (with Paro Paro Inc friends) jac-productions.com/
chisainekocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2008, 11:44 AM   #956
b-a-w

Name of Commissioner Naomi Cosplay
Website/C.com gallery http://www.naomicosplay.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game Link (Ordon Village) from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess; full costume
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item http://www.naomicosplay.com/cosplayimage/link1.htm
Timeline (how long your order took to process) Negotiated mid-March but due to their schedule work did not begin until the beginning of June (which was perfectly fine with me). My deadline was July 30th, and they completed the cosplay ahead of schedule and I received it July 21st because they use priority shipping.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. There was always excellent contact between Naomi Cosplay and I. Even before the work had begun we communicated regularly through e-mails. While work was underway e-mails with updates and progress pictures were sent frequently. I received eight progress e-mails, including one when the packaged was shipped and the tracking number I could use to locate it.
Final Grade: A+ !

Definitely recommended for your cosplay needs, I'm already talking with Naomi Cospaly about a new cosplay order. : )
b-a-w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2008, 01:45 AM   #957
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

No problem ^^ And to keep everyone up-to-date I am doing my annual continent jump at the moment, so if things are a bit slower from time to time, have no fear.

And we're updated!
Unread 07-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #958
Dal_Segno
Who loves, raves.

Name of Merchant/website: Cosworks

Item purchased: Tina 950 Wig

Received item: Wig I got.

Timeline: Order sent Sunday, wig in my hands by Wednesday [4 days].

Over view:
I was excited to get a wig at the last sale and chose Tina 950 because it would be a nice wig to dye or experiment with [using FW Ink ;D]. The package arrived faster then a CD I ordered 3 weeks ago from Japan [using EMS], so I was a bit surprised.

Once the wig was in hand, I was a bit surprised at what I actually got. The fiber is very soft and silky to the touch, but that's pretty much all I can give it. The "skin top" [the little circle in the middle] was far below what I was familiar with as skin tops. It has this weird egg shaped give at the top, which only gets worse when I put it on. The wig is also very small, and even after cutting the elastic to get more wiggle room, the sides could not be brought down to meet my ears. The only way you can't see that discrepancy is to bring all the fibers to the front of my shoulders, which I shouldn't have to do. The parting for the bangs is not like pictured and there is no way to get it that way with out major restyling. The bangs are very annoying and flush against my face, not airy and somewhat wispy like the picture.

Over all, I feel that my wig does not match the picture that was provided and I was a bit mislead. I think Cosworks should consider using their own pictures to make things more clear. I am glad that I didn't pay the full $40, or I'd give them a lower score.

Final Grade: B-

Assassin: "Where are you going?"
Tealīc: "I am leaving. You are about to explode."

~~~~

FW Ink Wig Dye FAQ
Icon by: Silfar

Last edited by Dal_Segno : 07-30-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Dal_Segno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2008, 06:09 PM   #959
lavenderspikes

Name of Commissioner: NekoMimiChan

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/a75220/
(I don't know if she has a website)

Character commissioned and series/video game: Neliel Tu Oderschvank (Nell) from Bleach sword

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1622552/

Timeline: Two weeks!

Describe your Experience: I'm in a trade with NekoMimiChan, in which she made this prop for me in exchange for a costume that I am making for her. I have to say that I am definitely very impressed with this sword. It looks good, especially the blade, which is really well crafted. She also gave me a ton of updates on progress, including pictures. Also, she asked me when I needed the sword by, and I named a date about five weeks from that day, and she had it done two weeks later. The only thing that I didn't like on the blade there is a bit of stray paint that looks like a large drip. Umm, I can't describe it. Like a hair got in the paint and then the paint glopped around it? But I prefer to think of it as giving the sword character (plus the awesome shading on the blade negates that totally. When the blade is in the sun, it actually SHINES like a real blade. So cool!) Anyway, I can tell that she worked really hard on this and I am very excited to swing it around at my next con.

Final Grade: A+
lavenderspikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2008, 06:48 PM   #960
finally_akon
Copy/Paste Productions

Name of Commissioner chisainekocat
Website/C.com gallery http://www.freewebs.com/chisaiwigs
Character commissioned and series/video game Princess Yue from Avatar the Last Airbender, wig
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1627405/
Timeline (how long your order took to process) it only took about 3-ish weeks after the contract was signed, getting the contract signed only took about a week because of me ^^". And the shipping was really fast, partially because we live in the same state XD
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments She kept me up to date the entire time! She sent me progress pictures without me even asking for them, thank goodness she did! If she was unsure about something she'd ask me to make sure i would be happy. She is amazing and i recommend her to everyone who wants to commission a wig. She is the creator of WIN!
Final Grade: A++++++++++ !