Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 326 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 08-15-2008, 07:49 PM   #151
Uchiha Sakura
Uchiha obsessed!!!

Here are mine they are from Colorlens4less. Mine are double color. i have both the green and blue. I really like mine but the green don't so up as well as I wish they would from a distance. but I would buy this contacts again.

Costumes in progress , Wedding Ashe (FF 12), Black Rock Shooter (Vocaloid), Rinoa (FF 8), Heine (Dogs: Bullets and Carnage)
Uchiha Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-15-2008, 08:16 PM   #152
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sakura View Post
Here are mine they are from Colorlens4less. Mine are double color. i have both the green and blue. I really like mine but the green don't so up as well as I wish they would from a distance. but I would buy this contacts again.

Awesome, thanks for the pics.

Those green are perfect, I don't want something too bright or unnatural looking, and those look gorgeous and striking, but still believable. Just what I was looking for, again, many thanks. ^^
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2008, 08:28 PM   #153
Uchiha Sakura
Uchiha obsessed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeisha View Post
Awesome, thanks for the pics.

Those green are perfect, I don't want something too bright or unnatural looking, and those look gorgeous and striking, but still believable. Just what I was looking for, again, many thanks. ^^
No problem. Glade I could help. ^_^
Costumes in progress , Wedding Ashe (FF 12), Black Rock Shooter (Vocaloid), Rinoa (FF 8), Heine (Dogs: Bullets and Carnage)
Uchiha Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2008, 04:34 PM   #154
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Bausch & Lomb Natural Colors Soflens
Color: Blue Topaz

Pros:
8.7 Base curve
Lovely colors!
Small pupil hole so it looks natural
Not too expensive
I look naturally blue eyed :O (I have dark brown naturally)

Cons:
Small pupil hole = hazy vision
I look... Naturally blue-eyed -_- (I was going for unnatural XD)
Have to get it from the UK :\

Picture taken in sunlight, no flash.

Grade: A+ for everyday lenses, A- for cosplay XD
Unread 08-18-2008, 09:18 PM   #155
sanoga

I apologize for this post. I read the first page and understand that this thread is meant for reviews rather than inquiries, but I'm a major contact lens n00b and I think that a lot of other people may share my concerns.

My main worry with colored lenses is the long term effects -- blindness, infection, etc. The brands available by prescription don't seem as vibrant as I would like, yet I'm a little hesitant to buy from a random site. I've only got two eyes, after all! I have dark brown eyes but would like a pale gray/blue... a mysterious, light shade that doesn't scream "I'm FAKE!!!" but at the same time has a whimsical element. I've never used contact lenses before, so this is all new to me! Also, I have a tight budget!

So, if anyone could ease my fears and recommend a good pair I would be very grateful! Once again, I'm sorry for this post!
sanoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2008, 10:03 PM   #156
Azimel
ヽ(´ー`)/

Honestly, if you're that concerned, talk to your optometrist. I suspect that no amount of reviews on contact lenses from people that have put the lenses they are reviewing in their actual eyes will put your mind at ease. In the U.S. you technically need to have an optometrist look at your eyes before you buy contacts whether you need the prescription or not (everyone has a different eye base curve, diameter). Personally, I don't trust websites that claim you can buy contact lenses without a doctor's consent.

Not to mention, the optometrist will help you in putting contacts in for the first time and how to care for them. I don't mean to sound harsh but honest about the matter sanoga. It's good to be cautious but since you are, don't cut any corners about the matter.
Unread 08-21-2008, 08:12 PM   #157
MisatoNpenpen
Eskimo sister

What a great thread! I'd like to contribute if you don't mind!

I have pretty dark eyes: (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26...MG_1556s-1.jpg)

I've found that as far as the contacts that you can get from your eye doctor.. basically, Acuvue 2 opaque blue is the only thing that really shows up well. All of the greens and purples don't show up at all for me, or at least not noticeable-enough. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26...ril07037-1.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26...G_9636sw-1.jpg

They were pretty good, but usually would look kind of dark if there was no flash or if you weren't in direct sunlight.

Now I use the 2-tone blue from colorlens4less.com . They're a good site and everything's totally cheap, but I am recently having a problem with the fact that I ordered contacts and paid for them but then they never came....sooooo yeah. They also sent me the wrong perscription to start with. I asked for -3 and I got plano!
Anyway, this is what those look like:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26...y/P1030768.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26.../P1040073s.jpg
I find that, in general, these show up much brighter and better in photos! I like them so much! the same website has green (as was posted above) and they are very beautiful and natural looking.

I have the color max green contacts for various characters. It's cool that they show up so well, but they look so darn unrealistic in some photos!
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26...1Y2A3474ss.jpg
this picture is a really good example of that. You can definitely tell they're green and they look cool, but they also look a little scary in my opinion!
Especially when worn with other characters that are more feminine and pretty.
I wear them for my Rogue and Washu costumes too, and there's plenty of those photos in my gallery.

Contacts are getting better! horray :3
Unread 08-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #158
jiffypop
Dis fud is lava!

These are the tri colored ones. I'm not sure if they show up well on camera when you're posing in low light since the only pics I have are low quality or red-eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sakura View Post
Are those double or triple? I use Double color for my Haruno Sakura costume and while you can see that they are green close up it's harder to tell the further you are from me. i also used colorlens4less.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2008, 09:37 PM   #159
MisatoNpenpen
Eskimo sister

Has anyone used any of those weird "anime" contacts? O.o
Unread 09-17-2008, 07:01 PM   #160
fearoffrying
Closet Robosexual

I finally got some pictures of the contacts I wore at Otakon. They're the Create Aqua 2-tones, (colorlens4less.com brand). The first picture is my natural eye color, the second picture is me in typical con lighting, and the third with flash. Please excuse my lack of makeup and general disheveledness. :x

I'd never worn contacts before, but these looked and felt great! After the initial massive struggle of getting them in, I couldn't feel them at all. However, they did start to get uncomfortable after around 8 hours. They were noticeable from a few feet away and looked as natural as blue-aquaish eyes could ever look on me, I think. Definitely A+ lenses all around, unless you're planning to wear them for very extended amounts of time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lorantest.jpg (87.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg lolloran1.jpg (126.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg lolloran2.jpg (130.3 KB, 0 views)
Unread 10-08-2008, 05:05 AM   #161
Hime
156 cm of pure DESTROYER.

Hewwo..! I have dark brown-almost black eyes. These are Aqua Max contact lenses. They really pop up under any light, but do not have a very natural look. The color is beautiful and opaque--they may be the brightest aqua lenses out there. This photo was taken indoors with flash.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1762318/
Unread 11-19-2008, 08:22 PM   #162
Pyochi
Chu chu! *o*

Hi guys
I wanted to ask if anyone bought from colorlens4less the Red Wolf Eyes
http://www.colorlens4less.com/index....oducts_ id=17

I really want to buy them, but Im not sure if they look good or not =/
Pyochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 09:00 PM   #163
raNar
~Split.Image.Cosplay~

Okay, I haven't written on here in forever! I bought some FreshKon lenses. The color is Sky Blue.

The starburst in the middle reminds me of the mako infused eyes of SOLDIER, just a little more natural.

I have a picture of my eye color on the first post, but my eyes have since lightened. I have the contact on the darker of the two.

Sorry about the slippage in the picture, the lenses are very comfortable.

Picture with flash. As you can see, my natural eye color does show, because it's not super super dark brown. I think with these lenses the darker your eyes the better it would look.

Picture without flash in sunlight

Picture compared to acuvue 2 sapphire lenses. The acuvue are on the right of the picture. In convention low-lighting area.

Pros: Natural look, but GREAT color coverage.

Cons: Pupil hole is a bit larger than I would have hoped for.

Rating: 4.5/5
raNar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 10:17 PM   #164
LadyoftheThread
stitcher of fantasies

I got ColorMax lenses in Aqua to wear with my Cecelia costume. (I've also worn them with my Eugenie cosplay since then.) I got aqua instead of regular blue because the aqua looked a bit brighter and I figured it would show better on my nearly black eyes. They're very bright and show pretty well in closeups like this: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1572580/
Next conventions: Anime Boston 2011, Costume Con 29
LadyoftheThread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 03:32 AM   #165
XDuct_TaperX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonLordEtna View Post

Be careful with the Fusion set of lenses... they DO NOT change your eye colour completely, they're nice for a natural look/touch though. I got the
Lilac Enhanced Contact Lenses But they weren't very vibrant... Maybe lighter eyes have a better chance with them, but they are not really made for dark eyes, I even e-mailed the the people of the site and asked if they would show up really well on dark eyes and they said "no." So I am very cautious of ordering anything from there if I'm not 100% sure of how it will really look since they photo shop their pictures and by some chance if they do have their model wearing the lenses their eyes are very very light in colour.

Hello, I was wondering if you could post a photo of your Lilac contacts so I can see how they turned out. I was contemplating ordering those ones but now that you've said they aren't very vibrant, I'm hesitant. I'm sorry if you've already posted a picture of them.
Thank you~
XDuct_TaperX is offline   Reply With Quote