Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 59 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 09-07-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Cosmode Profile Page for Cosplay.com Members (Issue 36 Deadline: September 14)

UPDATE: Issue 36 submissions now being taken. Deadline is September 14, 2010, 10am Pacific. Submission info is the same as below, but please replace the info with the current issue # and submission deadline date. Thanks!

Cosmode, the leading cosplay magazine in the world, is looking to add a new feature page to its magazine with profile photos of cosplayers from outside of Japan. This page will be done in conjunction with Cosplay.com.

This will be a regular feature in the Japan version of Cosmode, starting in issue 24 (October issue).

To be included please submit the following:

• One (1) good quality photo to be used as a profile shot. Please make sure that it's not a scenic image, but a close-up (full-body is ok) photo of you in cosplay. Cosmode will likely crop the photo.
• Cosplay.com Username
• Cosplay.com ID # (your member ID, found in your URL)
• Country

Please send everything via email to submissions@cosplay.com. In the subject, you can put "Cosmode 31 Profile" or something similar.

Rules
You must be a Cosplay.com member in good standing.
You must be at least 18.
You must have at least three (3) costumes in your Cosplay.com profile, with icons.
You must have a profile icon.
You must have at least five (5) photos uploaded on Cosplay.com.
You MUST have permission to submit the photo that you are submitting. By submitting an image you warrant that you have permission to allow the photo to be published in print.
The photo must not have any text, CG or other writing anywhere on the image.
The photo must be a solo shot of you in your costume, not a group photo.

Cosmode will choose up to 50 of the shots, and put them in a collage on one page, listing your Cosplay.com ID and Username. Please note that depending on the number of submissions, there will likely be a number that are not accepted the first time around. This is a space limitation only - we will be doing this in each issue and a new group of 20-25 people will get featured each time. Each member may only be featured once.

It's a rather simple process, but please post any questions in this thread.

Info on photo quality:
Please send in the largest filesize you can for the image, the larger the better. I recommend at least 700 pixels on the long end. Optimal size would be over 1024. If you can submit a 240 or 300dpi version, even better. The image does not need to be from a pro-level shoot, but should be a decent, clear photo.

Last edited by Admin : 09-09-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #2
Cora
Shine Forever

What qualifies as a "good quality" picture? Do you have a specific size/resolution that would be ideal for the submission?
Cora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
Ashbrie
SUDDENLY MIRACLE TRAIN!

Ah, cool. I would consider trying this sometime Maybe a later issue though--my costume collection is kind of...meh at the moment, haha.

I'm wondering about the photo standards as well. Even if I wanted to try for it now, my photos probably aren't decent enough quality anyway. Never had a professional photoshoot in my life, haha!
Unread 09-07-2008, 04:06 PM   #4
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

For the photo quality - it's more about the size of the image than the photo itself, so if you're submitting something at 72dpi try for at least 800 pixels on the long end. The larger the image the better. 300dpi is even better but not required.

They just want a good image of a large enough size to make it easy to work with when they put the page together. The final images are going to be small but a larger file gives them more to crop from if necessary. Pro-level shoots are not a requirement.
Unread 09-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #5
GoddessofFlash
meow =^__^=

do the pictures have to show most of your costume (ex: waist up) or is it ok if it's just a head shot?
GoddessofFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 04:29 PM   #6
Ashbrie
SUDDENLY MIRACLE TRAIN!

Ahh alright, thank you Admin~ I was worried they'd want super-professional pictures only.

I think I may shoot for the next issue, when I have a few more costumes to flaunt.
Unread 09-07-2008, 04:52 PM   #7
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessofFlash View Post
do the pictures have to show most of your costume (ex: waist up) or is it ok if it's just a head shot?
There is no defined requirement, but I would suggest doing the waist-up shot just in case. If you want to send in the cosplay head shot then go ahead and send that - if it doesn't make it in you can always try a different shot for the December issue.
Unread 09-07-2008, 05:25 PM   #8
Spooky~bo~Peep
Otaku~no~Gothic cosplay

Do you have to be a paying member?
Spooky~bo~Peep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 05:29 PM   #9
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky~bo~Peep View Post
Do you have to be a paying member?
On Cosplay.com? We don't have any paid accounts.

By "member in good standing" it just means that you have to be registered on Cosplay.com and not be suspended or banned.
Unread 09-07-2008, 06:28 PM   #10
electro650

Is it possible to send in a group picture of my Final Fantasy costumes I made? I completely made everyone of them. Or is the picture only allowed to be ine costume
electro650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 06:50 PM   #11
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Please only send in a solo shot of yourself in a costume. I'll update the post to include this info.
Unread 09-07-2008, 07:57 PM   #12
kuro_wing
Black Ring? >.>

I know that cosplay is pretty orderly in Japan on how clothing can be worn and such, ie: wearing a body suit when a lot of skin is shown off. Considering that my main outfit has that, is that alright that I'm not wearing a suit? I just wouldn't want to offend anyone because of the amount of skin showing.
Izaya [Drrr], Shito[Zombie Loan], Setsuna F. Seiei[Gundam 00], Tessa[Full Metal Panic], Dragon!Envy [FMA Movie], Envy[Fullmetal Alchemist], Duo Maxwell[Gundam Wing], Heero Yuy[Gundam Wing], Izumi Curtis[Fullmetal Alchemist]
kuro_wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 09:09 PM   #13
KitsuneSqueak
Nyo~

...I think this is the part where I wish I were 18.

I have a question for future reference nonetheless~ Does the costume in the photo you send have to be self-made, or can tailor-made cosplay work as well?
KitsuneSqueak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 09:18 PM   #14
AstaChan
CODENAME "ZEKE"

Country. You mean the country that We originally came from or the country that we living right now?

2010 Convention Plan
AnimeNext | Otakon | NYAF
AstaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 09:27 PM   #15
Crystal Clover
Hatcher of Dreams

I sooo just submitted mine!! Good luck everyone!!

Next Convention - unknown

Livejournal
Deviant Art
Feel Free to add me!
Crystal Clover is offline   Reply With Quote