Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > DC Universe

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-06-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
Basara-kun

Cool DC cosplay!!

Well, I see a Batman topic, but none about other DC characters, so I want to create this one to talk about those costumes or projects from their comics (non-Batman, u know)

As for me, I wanna make Green Lantern Kyle Rayner, Superboy/Kon-el and maybe Superboy Prime WHat about you??

Whose turn is it??
Basara-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-06-2008, 08:04 PM   #2
NecroticNymph
Princess at Heart

Well I'm working on the CN version of Raven from Teen Titans...that's originally DC =3
Spooky Empire '11: Jack & Sally [Sat Only]

Costumes:
Working on: Jack & Sally, Jasmine
Planned: Poison Ivy, Bellatrix Lestrange, Ayame, Briar Rose, Azula, Scarlet Witch, The Witch (L4D), Teela
NecroticNymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #3
Basara-kun

That's true, but I prefer Teen Titans from comics instead CN ones (but Raven looks almost like in the comics)

C'mon, I can't be the only one who wants to make DC cosplays (non-Batman) soon...

Whose turn is it??
Unread 11-07-2008, 04:49 PM   #4
TETSUYA_CASSHER
Zentai is fun

I got a capt. marvel jr and blue beetle
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3147/...e3be41e9_b.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3105/...d3a5a8c1_b.jpg
TETSUYA_CASSHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2008, 05:37 AM   #5
Squall_009
Top Dog

Trying to make a Nightwing and a Red arrow myself.
Metrocon 09: Hetalia- ( England- Plain and Revolution), Gundam wing (duo maxwell)

Cosplay Making in Progress
Arthur kirkland (hetalia): 10 %
Arthur kirkland revolution: 5 %
Squall_009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2008, 05:40 AM   #6
Joseph Ker

Well, if I strayed at all, I'd have to go with either the Question, or Lex. Love the Question merely for his crazy conspiracy theories. And well, Lex is pretty self explanatory. Megalomaniac, egotistical and yet he still ended up president. Maybe. Though I'm a little too at home with Joe here.
Joseph Ker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2008, 07:40 AM   #7
Mew_Pudding
Tits.

I've already cosplayed Harley Quinn, whom is DC, and she's my absolute favoritttte. But, I find myself falling in love with DC lately. I really would like to do Bruce Timm's Supergirl. I love that mad cute design.

And Im trying to convince a friend of mine to make Livewire, because that would be wicked sweet. <3 I love me some DC comics.
Mew_Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2008, 08:37 AM   #8
kelldar
kelldar the barbarian

I've done a few, I've done 3 different Wonder Woman costumes (regular Alex-Ross style, Kingdom Come armor, and Ame-Comi statue), CN Starfire, comic book Starfire, Black Canary, Zatanna, and Poison Ivy.
I want to do another Poison Ivy and another Wonder Woman, and I'm working on putting together a golden age Black Canary now, and a Huntress.

Last edited by kelldar : 05-23-2009 at 07:22 PM.
kelldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 01:31 AM   #9
FeatherInMyCap

I've already done a heavily modded Stargirl (ran out of time/money right before con), and I'd like to do her properly by next year. Already have done Black Canary, and plan on continuing to do her. Looove her. And to completely geek out, I'd also love to do a Goldstar/Michelle (Booster Gold's sister), but I'll probably have to put that off for a year or two.

Would like to do Cyclone (pre-hat) one year, but that's a wishlist kind of thing. Huntress would be another fun one, same as Batgirl (original and the current one with the crazy mouth thing).

Not this year, but the year after, I'm planning on both Jonah Hex (MAD love for Jonah, in my top 3 favorite DC characters ever), and J'onn crossplays. I'll probably end up doing Miss Martian that year just to use up the green paint. And the female Question, to reuse the trench I'll be getting for these cosplays (I prefer the male Question, but getting a blue suit in addition to the trench and the prosthetics and wigs I'll need will break my bank, heh).

...I like DC. I'm a comics girl, and I just can't connect to Marvel as well.
FeatherInMyCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2008, 02:31 AM   #10
nyachyan
The Hero

My dream cosplay would be the Ami-Comi Batgirl outfit. But that would require more cosplay knowledge then I currently have!

I'm currently making a few Legion of Super Heroes [Three-boot comic] costumes, including two Dream Girl outfits and an Invisible Kid crossplay. I was hoping to pick something from the animated series as well, but it depends on how well the other three go.
Fem!John H. Watson [BBC Sherlock]
Korra [Avatar: LoK]
Son Goku [Saiyuki Reload Blast]
"Winter Wrap Up" Applejack [MLP:FiM]
Dolorosa [Homestuck]
Stature [Young Avengers]
Chess America [Hetalia]
Femerica [Hetalia]
nyachyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2008, 07:22 PM   #11
Basara-kun

I'm thinking in make someday a Legion cosplay, but here in Chile isn't very known that series, but I like to cosplay Lar Gand/Mon-El/Valor someday, even as a home cosplay :P

Well, I'm planning to make last Kon-El costume for a special cosplay category: Male Sexy Cosplay, just for fun
Superboy/Kon-El

And an ambitious project for 2009: Kyle Rayner in his 2nd outfit (before converting Ion) with my girlfriend Jakito as Jade
2nd GL Kyle outfit

It's good to see more people wants to make DC cosplays

Whose turn is it??
Unread 11-23-2008, 08:31 PM   #12
raptorguy11
Representing B'ham AL

i made a batman and i have a WIP green lantern
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bats5a.jpg (34.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Picture0014.jpg (29.6 KB, 0 views)
raptorguy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2008, 08:34 PM   #13
Cerisa

Ooh, nice thread idea ^^ I've been hoping to branch out into comic-related cosplay next year and DC characters are definitely up there in the options. I was thinking of doing the B:TAS version of Poison Ivy, but that'd require some knowledge of bodysuit and corsetwork to pull it off, I think.

A friend's planning to do the animated version of Blackfire, though if I wanted to be Starfire, I'd have to find purple pleather/vinyl someplace (and orangeish makeup since I'm pale and have no drive to tan XD). Though who I'm REALLY looking forward to possibly cosplaying in '09, if I can figure her out, is Flamebird. The only problems I could see are making the belt (Wonderflex?), cape, and doing boot covers. I'm hoping to do her George Perez design, since even though her later costume's cooler, the headpiece is baffling for me to figure out how to do.

And on that front, I'd like to do "Bat-Girl" (the original blonde one, same character basically as Flamebird), though the cape and belt once again are what I'd have to figure out, along with the mask.

Featherinmycap: Goldstar? AWESOME. I love cosplay of the more obscure characters ^^ Hopefully you'll be able to do that costume someday.
To be determined some time.
Cerisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2008, 08:33 PM   #14
Basara-kun

Superboy ready!!

Reviving the topic for my last costume...

Introducing... the last clone of Krypton!!

Whose turn is it??
Unread 12-18-2008, 12:28 PM   #15
vampirate

Really, I could have sworn there was a thread like this before?

Anyways I cosplay Donna Troy. I've done the starfield bodysuit version. Eventually I'd like to make her Wonder Woman costume. And I might make her red Teen Titans one sometime too.
vampirate is offline   Reply With Quote