Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 11-16-2008, 05:30 AM   #1
black shinigami

Do you ever dream about cosplaying??

I've been quite interested in dreams lately and since I'm learning more about them, a thought came to my mind and that is does anyone ever dream about cosplaying or a convention??

For me I've had dreams about me cosplaying at a convention and everything going totally wack or haywire, like none of the showbags are packed, we don't have any merchendise on sale, the lighting for the stage wasn't set up and so forth (I work/volunteer for conventions so these are some stuff we have to do and in my dream we were open already with guests but the entire hall was just empty). Lol I guess that would be more considered as a nightmare.

Anyone else like to share?
black shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-16-2008, 05:37 AM   #2
Arroyo
for your health

I've had a few dreams where I was dressed up as whatever character (I can't remember), and everything else was really random. But that was a while back.
Unread 11-16-2008, 06:00 AM   #3
AndiAndi

Ack, that sounds like a bad dream. I'd be devastated if I went to an anime convention where everything went wrong! I haven't actually dreamed about cosplaying before, but I have had dreams when I actually was a character. At one stage I was a character (I can't for the life of me remember who) who decided to go to an anime convention because I thought that I'd win a cosplay comp for sure, only to be beaten by someone else cosplaying as 'me'. I woke up with tears, lol.
AndiAndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 06:30 AM   #4
han-pan

Yeah, I have. I've also had dreams where I was the CHARACTER, which was a slightly disturbing one when I was batshit head over heels for a psychopathic clown who was murdering people o.O

Guess what, Japanime costume players....
YOU'RE NOT THE ENTIRETY OF THE COSPLAY WORLD.
Stop being so closeminded. Just because someone cosplays doesn't mean they're an otaku or a weeaboo.

In Progress: Super Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon
han-pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 08:34 AM   #5
an deiner Seite
Hell doesn't love them.

oh god, I can't count the times I've dreamed in cosplay O_O

Stocking - Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Rikku - Final Fantasy X
Frodo Baggins - Lord of the Rings
Baby - House of 1000 Corpses/the Devil's Rejects (for Zombie Walk)
an deiner Seite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 09:07 AM   #6
kracken29
You gotta deal with it

o.o I have those dreams off and on.. Usually it starts out I'm just cosplaying & then it turns into me actually being the character. O.o I wake up feeling very confused as to what happened.
kracken29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #7
MelonPlay
Abel Nightroad

Yes I do xD All the time ^.^Since I started cosplaying (over 3 years now) I almost dream every night about cosplay. About future costumes, like, being in a future costume at a con and having fun with friends and how it would be to wear that costume, etc.
I never really had a cosplay-nightmare Oo Not really <.< I only once dreamed about forgetting a wig and my keyblade. But that's all. (after that dream I checked about 100 times if I really had packed everything -.-" )
(sry for my bad grammar today x.x >.< )

Mad Moxxi - Borderlands

Next Con/Bookfair:

Connichi - Kassel/Germany
MelonPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 09:32 AM   #8
shmac

Hm. I've dreamed that I was at a school that was kind of like, a meet-up place before a bus took us to the convention, and realized I forgot my cosplay. And I was sad.

And that I was in a mall...that represented a convention, and I glomped a Rock Lee cosplayer. o.O

And that my mom hadn't taught me to sew before a convention. And again, I was sad.

I've also had a creepy dream where I was cosplaying with FightingDreamersPro (this seems stalkerish and creepy, but I can't help what I dream. v.v I was watching their videos nonstop at like, two AM), and we went to Tim Hortons (hahah, those commercials always say that Canadians loooove Tim Hortons so much. Dude, so do Americans.) and I tried to order an orange mocha frappucino. And they had it. Zomg!
...and then some evil person came and we had to hide. o.O I dunno, I kinda forgot.
shmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #9
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

I do,I do! xD My dreams often starts good but ends up with problems/disasters/not so funny moments and similar stuff. ;_; Well,I also quite often get dreams where I am one character (don't just remember what character) and those are often funny...don't wanna wake up! xD

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN-SWE-FIN DesuCruise (21-23th August 2014)
THU ???
FRI Sōji Okita (summer uniform) - Hakuōki SSL ~Sweet School Life~
SAT ---
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 01:33 PM   #10
RenzokukenXIV
Mad Scientist

It's weird for me, because usually in my dreams I am in cosplay... for no apparent reason. And everyone in the dream acts like nothing strange is going on.

Then sometimes I have bad cosplay dreams (usually before a convention) Where something goes horribly wrong and the day ends in disaster. I hate how detailed those dreams are >.< Because I spend the whole day trying to make sure nothing bad happens.
RenzokukenXIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 01:37 PM   #11
Shifty Llama
llama

Most of my cosplay dreams are panic dreams i have where I've shown up at the con and none of my costumes are done. >_< its very upsetting to me then i have to wake up in the middle of my night and do some work on my costumes. It makes me freak out. I also have a lot of dreams where I'm the character im cosplaying. Its kind of fun and like being in a video game.
Shifty Llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #12
AndiAndi

All of these panicky dreams all because of cosplay can't be good for our health xD
AndiAndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #13
Nekoni

Oh man it's good to know we're not insane! (and that I'm not the only one who worries in their dreams about how a con will go)

I'll just say my weirdest. I went to east-asia to a school, and everyone, -everyone- was either cosplaying Naruto or Kakashi. So I got on my Naruto cosplay and lead the other Narutos into battle! (I think the location was influence from all those ebay shops in china that make costumes, my mind sort of constructed that they must be easy to get there @_@ )

It was the strangest dream ever, but I know it stems from my desire to form a clone army in real life... just enough to take on the storm troopers!
Nekoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 04:21 PM   #14
Hina-chan410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoni View Post
Oh man it's good to know we're not insane! (and that I'm not the only one who worries in their dreams about how a con will go)

I'll just say my weirdest. I went to east-asia to a school, and everyone, -everyone- was either cosplaying Naruto or Kakashi. So I got on my Naruto cosplay and lead the other Narutos into battle! (I think the location was influence from all those ebay shops in china that make costumes, my mind sort of constructed that they must be easy to get there @_@ )

It was the strangest dream ever, but I know it stems from my desire to form a clone army in real life... just enough to take on the storm troopers!
lol that's so cool! yeah my dream was i went to school in my regular uniform but the inside was just like thus one con I went to and was in my Hinata costume all of a sudden. Then I got pushed into poses with all these random cosplaying and a sasuke was kissing me and then everyone was the real characters they were trying to be and it was the weirdest cross over battle ever!
Itachi Uchiha
Edward Elric
Konata Izumi cheerleader
SNJ Naruto
Haruhi Suzumiya
Riza Hawkeye
Amulet Spade
Mitsukuni Haninozuka
Chibitalia
China

Cosplays To Be Made:
Russia (Hetalia: Axis Powers)
Japan (Hetalia: Axis Powers)
Italy (Hetalia: Axis Powers)
America (Hetalia: Axis Powers)
Dark Mousy (DNAngel)
Wind Pretear (Pretear)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Roxas (Kingdom Hearts)
Hina-chan410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 05:29 PM   #15
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

I actually don't remember having any before, but I did last night, lol. O_o I dreamed I was dressing up as a character from Soul Eater that doesn't exist LOL and I was mostly in-costume but still needed to put on make-up, take out my lip piercing etc. and was on my way to my room to take care of that (because I was wandering around without having done that? XD). On the way, I thought I needed to run to a gas station or something to get a pack of cigarettes for a prop, but then I realized I wasn't cosplaying Stein and thus didn't need them. But that's when I woke up, LOL. My dreams are so dumb.

I have a friend who has dreams about conventions kind of often. I remember her last telling me about one that she had like a week before a convention, and in her dream, she had forgotten her costume, and she was freaking out because we were going to do a skit, but she didn't have her costume. Then in another dream (or the same dream?), we were all at the convention and my dad had died. O_o Glad that wasn't my dream. xD
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr

Last edited by Starlit Rose : 11-16-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote