Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 159 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-17-2008, 09:18 AM   #16
Sakura Efreet
Meep...!

Goodness. I have long hair too... I can't imagine getting it up like a bob. I would just as soon wear a wig. I'm cosplaying a character later this year with bob length hair, and I'm going to wear a wig even though our hair color is the same, but that's another story.

I'm thinking about trying to get a TuTu cosplay done in time for Ohayocon. It gives me an excuse to wear my pointe shoes, though I would wear pointe shoe covers to save my shoes, except for pictures of course.

And I'm wanting to do this one, but I wouldn't paint my pointe shoes white... They are too expensive and the pair I have right now is fairly new.
Clicky.

I live in Ohio and I try to catch every con in this state and the surrounding states (when money allows).
I have been cosplaying since the age of 9, and when I'm not cosplaying...
I'm a college student and an Irish dancer. ;]
Sakura Efreet is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #17
ladymatsuya
Is it naptime yet?

Yay, a Drossellmeyer cosplayer! Pictures of the finished product and my life will be complete.

And the Swan Lake Tutu is the version my friend is going as. We found a pair of off white pointe shoes for her online, and she needed a new pair anyway, her old ones were getting a tad too small in the back. Mostly a lot of the Tutu stuff can be bought and pieced together, thank god. I don't feel like another crazy sewing project just yet. ^^; Especially since I'll need to sew two identical kimonos for our next cosplay...
ladymatsuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2008, 11:46 PM   #18
Sakura Efreet
Meep...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladymatsuya View Post
And the Swan Lake Tutu is the version my friend is going as. We found a pair of off white pointe shoes for her online, and she needed a new pair anyway, her old ones were getting a tad too small in the back. Mostly a lot of the Tutu stuff can be bought and pieced together, thank god. I don't feel like another crazy sewing project just yet. ^^; Especially since I'll need to sew two identical kimonos for our next cosplay...

Yay for Swan Lake! I have issues with pointe shoes... I can only wear one brand, which is Fuzi (wide in front, but with a narrow heal). I could probably fit into a more expensive like Gaynor Minden's but shoot, I can't afford $90 pointe shoes right now. And yeah, I love that the stuff can be pieced together! I am not sewing mine from scratch. It's not worth it. I too have a couple of big projects for January...

You should share pictures of the completed project ;3.

I live in Ohio and I try to catch every con in this state and the surrounding states (when money allows).
Unread 11-18-2008, 12:01 AM   #19
Lady Saru
Marchesa delle Arte

I wonder....how difficult is it to sew stretch fabric? Because I'm considering asking for a white leotard-with-flowy-tutu for Christmas, along with pointe shoes and a craft store gift card.

Heh. My cosplay obsesssion.
Phantom!Grell Sutcliffe (Design by Dio)
Subaru [Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations]

Events:
Fanime 2011

Unofficial twin of Sakurai Atsushi~
Lady Saru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2008, 12:29 AM   #20
Sakura Efreet
Meep...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Saru View Post
I wonder....how difficult is it to sew stretch fabric? Because I'm considering asking for a white leotard-with-flowy-tutu for Christmas, along with pointe shoes and a craft store gift card.

Heh. My cosplay obsesssion.
Please, PLEASE if you are not a dancer, go to a dance store to get properly fitted for your pointe shoes! You will regret it if you don't! My teacher didn't properly fit me for my first pair and I ended up wasting $40 on shoes that hurt my feet! D: Not trying to be bossy... Just trying to warn you...

But yes. That would be an awesome Christmas present! I'm going to have my mom sew on the feathers and such... That is my Christmas present! xD

Unread 11-18-2008, 06:15 PM   #21
Lady Saru
Marchesa delle Arte

@Sakura: Ok, no worries!

The magic thing is that there actually is a dance store right downtown. I'm going ASAP, since I want to have time to make/repair all my cosplays for Fanime before I go.

Events:
Fanime 2011

Unread 11-18-2008, 06:32 PM   #22
Cosplay_Kitten
Pandora Hearts Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura Efreet View Post
Please, PLEASE if you are not a dancer, go to a dance store to get properly fitted for your pointe shoes! You will regret it if you don't! My teacher didn't properly fit me for my first pair and I ended up wasting $40 on shoes that hurt my feet! D: Not trying to be bossy... Just trying to warn you...
Take that and make it if you're not a dancer don't get pointe shoes at all....you could hurt yourself. That isn't directed towards you because I know you're a dancer from what you've said but at Lady Saru....if you don't dance...you might just want to get some nice flats cause pointe could hurt you.

Anyway I've been planning a Princess Tutu cosplay for a long time...dunno when I'll ever get around to it
Cosplay_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2008, 08:24 PM   #23
caisse
the sugoi princess

YESSS. <3
Going to be running around Anime Boston 09 as Miss Princess Tutu herself with a friend as Krahae. :]

As for your hair issue, Lady Saru... why not just a wig? Or does it not fit in funds/plans/you don't like them/etc?

katsucon 2012
friday;; feferi peixes [homestuck] | ramona flowers [scott pilgrim]
saturday;; stocking anarchy [pswg] | catherine [catherine]
sunday meenah peixes [homestuck]

caisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2008, 08:56 PM   #24
ladymatsuya
Is it naptime yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura Efreet View Post
Yay for Swan Lake! I have issues with pointe shoes... I can only wear one brand, which is Fuzi (wide in front, but with a narrow heal). I could probably fit into a more expensive like Gaynor Minden's but shoot, I can't afford $90 pointe shoes right now. And yeah, I love that the stuff can be pieced together! I am not sewing mine from scratch. It's not worth it. I too have a couple of big projects for January...
You should share pictures of the completed project ;3.
Pictures will definitely get posted after Katsucon. ^_^ And yeah, she used to dance, so we had all the sizing for price comparison. Lucky us.

I vaguely also considered a Kraehe cosplay before settling on Fakir, but I would never get pointe shoes, considering I have no idea what the heck I'm doing. So just be careful!
ladymatsuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 12:01 AM   #25
Lady Saru
Marchesa delle Arte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosplay_Kitten View Post
Take that and make it if you're not a dancer don't get pointe shoes at all....you could hurt yourself. That isn't directed towards you because I know you're a dancer from what you've said but at Lady Saru....if you don't dance...you might just want to get some nice flats cause pointe could hurt you.
Ok...plus, it'll cost less. But...how could I make flats look like ballet shoes? (I do dance somewhat, but not regularly enough...I'll still learn some ballet for this cosplay though.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megzy-chan View Post
YESSS. <3
As for your hair issue, Lady Saru... why not just a wig? Or does it not fit in funds/plans/you don't like them/etc?
Funds. *sigh* And lack of transportation to places that sell wigs.

Events:
Fanime 2011

Unread 11-19-2008, 07:51 AM   #26
Elderberry

Princess Tutu~ =D *happy spazz*

Mytho's one of the two cosplays I'm planning to put together within the next year...I haven't really started yet but I figure once that month-long winter break hits there will be some crazy sewing. No idea where I'm going to find stretchy fabric in that shade of blue for his school jacket, but eh, we'll see. >_< There's a fair chance that I'll be attending Katsucon '09 and definitely AnimeBoston '09, so maybe I'll run into some of you there...
Elderberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 08:59 AM   #27
zootsgirl15
The Scentless Flower

XD
Im hoping to do a tutu skit at AB09
but we should def have a group meet up, last year alot of people couldnt make it because of the line
(I actually had to leave the line so I could do the shoot)

Lady Saru, about the ballet flats, thats what I use for my rue costume and they work pretty well, though the pointe shoes would be alot more accurate, they are adngerous and thry will no doubt wear your feet out by the end of the day(Trust me, I tried it and ballet flats are much better XD)
Unread 11-19-2008, 05:46 PM   #28
Lady Saru
Marchesa delle Arte

@zootsgirl: Thanks for the advice. I want to know how to modify flats so they can look like ballet shoes. With ribbon and all.

Events:
Fanime 2011

Unread 11-19-2008, 09:01 PM   #29
Cosplay_Kitten
Pandora Hearts Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Saru View Post
@zootsgirl: Thanks for the advice. I want to know how to modify flats so they can look like ballet shoes. With ribbon and all.
I found two ballet slippers you might like for Tutu

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Canva...=pd_sbs_shoe_4

http://www.amazon.com/Pump-Split-Sol...=pd_sbs_shoe_5

What you can do to make the ribbons is sew some pink satin ribbons at the bottom that will lace around your ankle the second shoe link actually could be perfect without having to add ribbons.

Alright...after looking at one of Ahiru's costumes....I think I want to make it one of these days. http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...os/2r62-an.jpg So cute! I've never seen it before and it's adorable! So one day someday I'll do it probably not for a few years though

Last edited by Cosplay_Kitten : 11-19-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Cosplay_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 09:50 PM   #30
Cilo
CLAMPfan04-1

I want to get pointe shoes, but not actually do the pointe toe part cause I know not to hurt myself or mess up my feet forever. Could I get pointe shoes and do that? Or will it still hurt?
❥· Northwest Fan Fest
❥· Cos & Effect
❥· Sakura Con
❥· PAX Prime
༝ ⋆ ༝

For updates on cosplay or artwork, take a peak at my Deviant Art!

(ᵔܫᵔ)
Cilo is offline   Reply With Quote