Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 50 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-21-2008, 02:44 PM   #196
makotohanabi
Chuu?

Lyanna Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire will be done, hoping to have it done in 2010. Working on sketches but have other priorities right now.

Thinking about cosplaying Gretchen Richter from 1632 by Eric Flint.

Unread 10-21-2008, 02:48 PM   #197
Schuldig_
Optical illusion

David Eddings is an old teenage-fantasy-love of mine, and I've always wanted to do costumes from The Belgariad. With my red hair, green eyes and bad temper, I guess I am doomed to be Ce'Nedra... (so naturally, I'd rather cosplay as Polgara. Go figure.)

"Don't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man." (Crawford, courtesy of Aoe, in this case)
Schuldig_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2008, 01:24 AM   #198
tsumikuroi
Call Me 'Sora'

It's alive!

*coughs* Well, I'm actually serious about my Telemain (of the Enchanted Forest Chronicles) cosplay at this point, though I may end up making it for a (much taller and very much male) friend and making Morwen for myself...
Unread 10-24-2008, 12:14 PM   #199
Tonksie

SO.... I've decided to do a patryn cosplay from the death's gate cycle. I'll likely base it on Marit (Haplo's love interest)

But, now comes the fun part of trying to figure out what to do. I have to reread the series to make notes on the rune tattoos and what kind of outfit to plan, but since I'm still pretty noobish at cosplay, I'd love to hear people's ideas on what to do. I think the wig and the tattoos are going to be the big thing for it.
Tonksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2008, 03:39 AM   #200
Phorcys

Death's gate cycle wow that brings back memories. Good luck with that.

I would love to do a Terry Pratchett cosplay, something from the discworld. But I don't think I could do it by myself as I would love to do a Sgt Colon and Cpl Nobbs.
Phorcys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #201
Ichiro
I-zuki the Stitch Witch

Im currently working on a Steel Inquizator and a mistborn from Brandon Sandersons Mistborn series
Rossiu Remake: 95% - Gurren Lagann
Mistborn: 5% - Mistborn
Dr. Stein: 15% - Soul Eater
Ichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #202
benihime
Kimono Queen

i would LOVE to do something from the cirque du freak series

mr. crepsley?
hmmmmm

since the movie is going to come out next year XD
i might have someone who would be my darren <3

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2008, 01:22 PM   #203
Fellsbells
Aragorn in disguise

I'm currently working on Aragorn (movie version, 'cause it's just so convenient and the costumes match the early sketches Tolkein made). After that, though, I'm considering Tom Bombadil (Lord of the Rings character that never made it into the movie), Jon Stark (along with someone to go as Sam, of course), Arya Stark, or Sabriel.

Sabriel would be fun, but that surcoat would be a pain due to the pattern on it. And after the tediousness of chain mail, I don't think I want to hand embroider or paint those blasted keys on.

Of course, I'll do all of them at some point, and I'll get my friend to shove some pillows in his clothes to do Sam.

And maybe a Moreta for good measure. Because The Dragonriders of Pern is just that awesome.
Fellsbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2008, 01:47 PM   #204
The_Ninja

I'd dearly love to do Aerin from The Hero and the Crown someday, but first I have to learn to make leather armor... and be able to afford it. XP
Unread 12-13-2008, 12:38 PM   #205
RogueMimzy
back after a hiatus~

I've been on a huge Tamora Pierce kick recently and totally want to do Daine and Aly (with blue hair, of course) and possibly Kel (yey for being really really tall!)

I've also done Hermione (Harry Potter) cosplay based on the original book art, pre-movie. I'm thinking I'm way overdue for a set of new robes though

SPEAKING of robes... I'd also like to make ACTUAL dress robes. I mean, in the books, everyone has a set of robes that they wear. Hermione's dress is really pretty, yes, BUT it's not what was described in the book. I was vaguely disappointed when there were no pretty-colored dress ROBES in the movie, as well as no "Vare is Herm-o-ninny?" That would've been priceless<3

One day, I will do an Arwen/Eowyn/LotR elf something-or-other as well. I'm prepared. I have the pretty patterns (1 // 2)
See you at Miraicon | CPAC | Connecticon | Otakon | NYCC | Derpycon
facebook
RogueMimzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2008, 01:56 PM   #206
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

I just finished Famine, and now working on Conquest, Pestilence, Slaughter and Thanatos from the Incarnations of Immortality series.

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2008, 07:59 PM   #207
Thia Fayne
casually topless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellsbells View Post
Sabriel would be fun, but that surcoat would be a pain due to the pattern on it. And after the tediousness of chain mail, I don't think I want to hand embroider or paint those blasted keys on.
I used a key stamp when I did mine for Halloween years ago, you might want to consider that as a possibility. It certainly makes the painting go a lot faster. I didn't use real chain mail though, just a fabric that resembled it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makotohanabi View Post
Lyanna Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire will be done, hoping to have it done in 2010.
Lyanna! Sounds awesome -- what kind of outfit are you thinking about doing?

Speaking of ASOIAF, I'm super excited for the HBO pilot and I hope it gets picked up... just think of all the cosplay possibilities! *3*;; Dany is on my list of characteres to cosplay someday no matter what, though.
Thia Fayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2008, 11:34 PM   #208
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ninja View Post
I'd dearly love to do Aerin from The Hero and the Crown someday, but first I have to learn to make leather armor... and be able to afford it. XP
Don't forget to make the leather greasy and smelling slightly of herbs and burning!

I've always vaguely dreamed of cosplaying as Aerin or Harry but since I'm super short and neither blonde nor red-haired, and those are the kind of cosplays that depend a lot on physical resemblance since the costume description is vague, I've pretty much given up. I still want to make Lissar's ballgown someday though.

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2008, 01:01 PM   #209
Same-nin
RED Team FTW

Heh, I'm going to start working on a Murlough(Yay fpr purple skin! XD) costume form Cirque Du Freak after Katsucon for hopefully the premier of the movie. I hope they release some pics of him in the movie soon though so that I can actually have an idea of what he looks like. >.>;

lol This will be my second Ray Steveson part in a movie cosplay. XD

Next Planned Cosplay(s):
Connor McManus from Boondock Saints (hopefully with Murphy)
Red Medic from TF2(with medigun)
Regal Bernstein from King of Fighters
Hunter from Left 4 Dead 2
Same-nin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2008, 07:09 PM   #210
makotohanabi
Chuu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thia Fayne View Post
Lyanna! Sounds awesome -- what kind of outfit are you thinking about doing?

Speaking of ASOIAF, I'm super excited for the HBO pilot and I hope it gets picked up... just think of all the cosplay possibilities! *3*;; Dany is on my list of characteres to cosplay someday no matter what, though.
Right now I'm leaning toward her Harrenhal tourney outfit. Trying to get my SO to go as Rhaegar, but it won't happen. Glad to see another Dany fan, so many Dany haters in my neck of the woods. Also want to cosplay her, but don't like the idea of dyeing a wig Targaryen silver.

I'm hoping HBO picks up the pilot, read a review of it and it sounds incredible!