Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 614 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #1141
claire1909
MAN SAE

Name of Commissioner : Cosplayying

Website/C.com gallery : http://stores.ebay.com/Cosplayying

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) : Komui Lee from D.Gray-Man (hat, coat, pants...so yeah, full costume)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item : http://www.cosplay.com/costume/194021/

Timeline (how long your order took to process) : Sent payment and measurements on November 14th. Costume came on December 6th.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments :

Pros -
Really fast shipping! She sent a shipping tracking number on Monday and the costume arrived on the same week on Saturday! It was promised to come before the 15th and it did!

The costume was made very nicely. I love the costume and the type of material they used.

Cons -
Now, let me get picky.
The costume was a bit large than my measurements I sent.
The coat is kind of big but not a lot...But it is VERY VERY long. The coat came all the way down to my ankle when it should only be just below my knees. I need to get it fixed. T ^ T

Final Grade : A-

I overall love the costume. I would really get something comissioned from them again!

Last edited by claire1909 : 01-17-2009 at 02:45 AM.
claire1909 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-06-2008, 09:50 PM   #1142
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated ^^
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #1143
Chiloves1
Cosplay Dreamin

Name of Commissioner: Tidna Star

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/144335/

Character commissioned and series/video game
: Rosebride Utena, Revolutionary Girl Utena

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: (See attachments)
We changed it up to look a bit different from most Rosebride Utena cosplayers, still we kept the original colors of pink, blue, golden yellow and more pink to add more feminine style of a Rosebride dress.

Timeline:
Took about under a week, we went material shopping prior the same day she started to work on my cosplay.

Pros: This was a costume worth deciding to finally attempt and proven that she knew exactly what she was doing to making it. I had brought in a picture from my manga to show her and she would take the picture and sketch it in her notebook before attempting to search for fabric she and myself felt were close to the character. This was a costume I gave her a time frame of February but she insisted to have it done way before then so I entrusted that she could handle such a task, boy did she ever! I met her on a anime website when she was advertising about taking commissions and decided to give it a shot. Little did I know what was in store, she took my breathe away and was so amazing at keeping communication available at all time.

Cons:
None that I can think of.

Comments:
Having chosen Utena again but this time more successful with a costume. The great thing about her was the fact that she had brought in part of the costume for me to try on for fittings and resizing and reshaping. She was all about being perfectionist when it came to how a costume should look and fit on a customer. She often amazed me about taking a step further into making sure the costume was to my liking and she really did her part to send me progress pictures and bringing along a measuring tape. This time I felt more confident about wearing a cosplay that I know would fit me well because she would measure me from head to toe, something I never considered important in a cosplay.

Final Grade: A+
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front[1].jpg (127.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg back[1].jpg (111.8 KB, 0 views)
Chiloves1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2008, 12:59 AM   #1144
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated

oop; double post

Last edited by Kanira : 12-13-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Unread 12-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #1145
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Cosplay1
www.cosplay1.com
PSE Solid 3 Pinup
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1693506/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1838238/
Paypal fails me on placing exact dates, but it was no more than 8 weeks
Pros: Amazing quality, as always. I don't think I will ever stop being impressed by the quality of materials they use. This time I was actually a little worried, since this seller has a history (in other reviews) of using fabric in places where fabric is not appropriate, but I was pleasantly surprised. Actual painted metal rivets and trim that seemingly some kind of pleather-covered foam. Whatever it is, it's perfect, and it is very clear a lot of effort went into the final product.
I was stunned by the zipper down the front and the cut of the sleeves and shorts; they're just perfect. The figure manufacturer themselves couldn't have done better.
And the headpiece...hat...thing? I hadn't even realized that was going to be included. I had resigned myself to molding it out of foam somehow, but since they made it, it is a perfect match to the material of the rest of the costume, perfectly proportioned (which is quite a feat) and even has the smallest details of the strange seam design that goes along the inside. You can't see it in the pictures I listed, but it really is a tiny, meticulous detail, could not have been ease to do, and one I was intending to leave out when I thought I was going to be the one making it. I am ridiculously thrilled that they went that extra length to make something so unusual to such a professional degree.
Cons: There were a few catches this time that I haven't had with this seller in the past. My inability to measure myself appropriately makes the sleeves fit a little odd, the shorts a little tight and the dress a little large, but fit is always a gamble when you can't be present for an actual tailoring.
The white undershirt part, however, was strangely dirty, straight out of the packaging. It's not too obvious and entirely covered by the dress, thankfully, but I'm not sure where it could've come from; dirty streaks of some kind, looks like. The symbol on the chest was missing completely (in the second picture I listed, I've since painted it on) and the socks are inaccurate; not the correct length or color.
Comments: While I don't really like corners being cut, and I don't understand why the commissioner chose to leave out what they did since I am 99% certain it is within their capabilities and I did not ask for a lower price, I am still very pleased with the final product. I would rather have inaccurate socks and a missing symbol, two things very easy and fast to rectify, than to have had to assemble that strange head accessory myself, or suffer some other, more crippling shortcut that might've been taken by another commissioner. Also, it's quite possible that the whole lot of what was skipped might've been included for me, had I been clearer about what I wished to be included in the price. Live and learn!
Final Grade: A-
Unread 12-16-2008, 07:59 AM   #1146
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

*oops! Meant to send a PM, not post!*
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 09:46 AM   #1147
Muad'Dib
Starfleet Officer

Name of Commissioner: Miss D

Pros: Um, was easy to talk to. Kept in-touch until later. See below.
Cons: Didn't actually ever send me the piece.
Comments: Payed $500 for a custom FMA Alchemist Uniform a few years back, once the project went overdue, never heard from her again. Decided NOT to go through the motions to try and get my money back via civil court, since it'd be such a fricking headache. She abruptly closed-up shop shortly thereafter and seemed to just make hats to sell on ebay. Seems she recently started taking commissions again. I'd heavily recommend not buying anything from her besides a plush hat.

Grade: F
Muad'Dib is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2008, 06:11 AM   #1148
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 12-27-2008, 06:41 PM   #1149
mu empire

Name of Commissioner The Hag
Website/C.com gallery www.thecosbrigade.com / http://www.cosplay.com/member/72984
Character commissioned and series/video game Christina Mackenzie, Gundam 0080: Jacket patches only (4 total). Here is a photo of the character.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item Here!
Timeline (how long your order took to process) I contacted her at the beginning of November. My deadline was December 15th, and they made it in time.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. AWESOME. I heard so many great things about her work here, and I was eager to have her commissioned for this project. She's very quick, accomodating, and friendly. I recommend her to ANYONE who needs custom cosplay patches. I'm really, really happy with the final result! There were really no cons to my experience with Lani. Because this character is obscure and has very little reference photos for the outfit I was doing, we worked together to figure out what exactly the patches were, and she made suggestions for thread colors and fabric backing, and was sure to get every little detail, right down to the sizes I wanted. They turned out exactly how I wanted them to! I would definitely commission her again, should I need patches in the future!
Final Grade: A+!
Unread 12-27-2008, 08:03 PM   #1150
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated
Unread 12-30-2008, 03:40 PM   #1151
TechnoVampire

Angry D-

Name of Commissioner: Human_Go
Website/C.com gallery:
Character commissioned and series/video game: Zelda: Twilight Princess
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...a/DSCF0804.jpg
Timeline: from June to September
Pros: Great quality, nice fabric, not cheap. Somewhat good communication.
Cons: I contact them in June, asking for my commission. I needed it by September, for the convention. They say it will cost more, but I don't mind and they agree that they can make it in time. I have to contact them in order to get progress, and they should naturally do that as a commissioner, right? They answer me, saying it is almost finished, within a month. I trust that they are being truth-full. By mid August, what's the deal? it's been 3 weeks from the time they said they were almost done and they aren't done? I contact them again. They say that they just need to do the details.

My boyfriend contacts them in anger, because I was upset that it wasn't going to make it in time. "we are so sorry! we will ship EMS and return your money!"
They ship it, and it comes 1 day after the con <<; NOTHING was done! I didn't expect them to have full armor details, or anything! but they didn't make the armor, the accessories, the gloves or even the scroll holder! UGGGHH! I thought I could have the costume to wear next year, but noo.... oh well, at least they refunded. Luckilly, I had 2 other cosplays to wear at the con, but if not I would've been even more upset.
Comments: Overall, I don't think they are a bad company, but I was very upset with what they did to me. they lied about being almost done, too, which made me really mad.
Final Grade: D-
TechnoVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #1152
Makino Tsukushi
....graphicdesigner....

...Name of Commissioner...
Liz Noble/Seph Wigs

...Website/C.com gallery...
http://sephwigs.googlepages.com
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/169519/

Character commissioned: (Wig) Primera from Magic Knights Rayearth
...Character...
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...t=a268d774.jpg

...Commissioned Wig...
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1853054/

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1853053/

...Timeline (how long your order took to process)...
I put up an add in the cosplay.com marketplace back in Sept. 2008, when Liz contacted me. My deadline was June 2009. It was shipped to me December 29th 2008.

...Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments...
This was my first time commissioning someone through cosplay.com, so I was a bit nervous. Since this wig was to be very long and detailed (I even had the gold pieces put into it) I was sure this would cost me a lot. Liz's price was very reasonable and throughout these months I have been getting updates and pictures sent to let me know the progress. This so far has been one of my best commissioning experience so far. In the end, I got a beautiful wig that looks identical to Primera's hair and has the hair thickness that CLAMP is known for. I will definitely be commissioning Liz in the future and I would recommend her to anyone looking for an amazing cosplay wig.

...Final Grade... A+!

ax/09
....suzumiya haruhi (thursday version)....
suzumiya haruhi no yuutsu
....primera....
mahou no kishi rayearth
....furude hanyuu (miko outfit)....
higurashi no naku koro ni kai
Makino Tsukushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2008, 10:18 AM   #1153
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 01-02-2009, 04:25 PM   #1154
Roleplaywulf
Cosplay is good eats

Name of Commissioner: Dizzy Lizzy
Website/C.com gallery: http://lizzy.agentsofcosplay.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game: Link/ Toon Link from the Wind Waker - Wig
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://lizzy.agentsofcosplay.com/gal...awl/?g2_page=3 (going to take my own photos soon)
Timeline (how long your order took to process): July-Jan (my fault, though, due to late payment! ^^; Actually finished on October!)
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: I've always wanted to commission a wig from Lizzy, since I heard alot of good reviews about her. Since I cannot style a wig for the life of me, I thought it was about time to commission her. Lizzy is extremely friendly and prompt with her emails! She even gave me a couple emails of time periods where she will be unavailable to answer to my emails, which I found very responsible. She kept me through the progress of the wig every step of the way, showing me photos. I was always a picky commissionee, and she gladly toke my critique to improve the wig, and she did so beautifully. When she finished in October, I wasn't able to make the final payment due to the recession. She never rushed me on the final payment, and was very sweet and patient with me when I finally made it sometime in late December. She sent the wig quickly and the packaging was great! She even sent me a nice note about her experience making the wig and how to care for it. She also sent me home-made bath beads, which I cannot wait to try out, haha.

Final Comments: I have alot to learn from her, since she is always patient to her customers, and she is very prompt. Like stated, I am an extremely picky commissionee, but Dizzy Lizzy is someone you should go to to get the job done for your next wig!

Final Grade: A++

Wulf ||| DeviantART

«Next Convention» Ohayocon
«Finished»
Toon Wolf Link (retired)
«In Progress» Klonoa, Um Jammer Lammy, Josh (SH5)
«Planning/ On Hold» Toon Link, Lucas, Donald, Midna

Last edited by Roleplaywulf : 01-02-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Roleplaywulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #1155
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated! ^^