Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-01-2009, 03:27 AM   #31
Kirotighta
Lolita Apologist

Pink, for your link to "this" entry, I'm getting:
Error
You are not authorized to view this protected entry.
Kirotighta is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-01-2009, 07:15 AM   #32
chany

I love them!
However I perfer them in guy lolita style rather than in a dress....
As in Kodona style
Unread 01-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #33
Pink_Lightning
Party like it's 1999!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirotighta View Post
Pink, for your link to "this" entry, I'm getting:
Error
You are not authorized to view this protected entry.

Ah... the community it's posted in is community.livejournal.com/jrock_scans

They have some GLB scans on there of Mana, Hakuei, Ryouhei, etc
Pink_Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 02:17 PM   #34
SunakoChan
Dobato!

I think it's awesome when I see a guy dressed to impress in a lolita dress. ^-^ However, I have seen a couple of men wearing loli dresses with very hairy legs and beards. >.> Just make sure you look pretty and it's ok with me ^-^

Check out my shop here
SunakoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 03:23 AM   #35
Daftmouse
The Poke'mon Master

I think it would be best if it is a fairly androgynous guy, where when you initially look at him you think he is a girl then do a double take and realize otherwise.
Daftmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 02:31 PM   #36
Kazukii
Nyaa

I have no querks with them being in the Loli style. Some I think shouldn't try to be a feminine one though, until they get better at it, especially when they don't really know how to look the part. - Shave / Too much make up.
Most I've seen around do the too much make up, then they just look like a clown.. .-.;
I do like the dandy, and aristocrat types.

Commissions @
Anisazi Costuming
Kazukii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #37
Neffy
The Imaginary Cosplayer

Hate the term (as others have said) but guys are entitled to wear lolita if they so desire, so I guess I don't mind either way? And just as some girls can dress dandy/kodona and look good, some guys can pull off wearing lolita dresses. (Of course, it's "socially acceptable" for girls to wear pants but not for guys to wear skirts/dresses, but that's a whole 'nother story... :/ )
Neffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2009, 11:49 AM   #38
hack7oriole
Herpderp.

The biggest problem I have with Brolitas...as addressed already by many others, is the name. Witty, yes, kinda dumb, also yes. But as it's already stuck, not much anyone can do.

Other than that though, I have no problem at all with it, as long as they can pull it off. Correct me if I'm wrong, but overweight hairy men in lace and frills doesn't exactly fit the definition of lolita no matter how nice their dress is.

I tried to picture some of my guy friends in a frilly dress, but they all have too many male features, like too much stubble, masculine facial structure, or very hairy arms/legs. Actually no, come to think of it, one may be able to pull it off. He has a smooth, pretty face, and looks like a girl anyway - if only he weren't so homophobic (which is a whole other story, like Neffy's comment about social acceptability.

I've seen awful brolitas, with beer bellies, unshaven legs that they took no care in hiding, and who remind me of the countless male sailormoon cosplayers with similar problems. On the otherhand, the guys I've seen who really pull it off are downright adorable, and keep me believing in the idea that guys can dress lolita.

So yeah, I'm completely fine with them. To be honest, I'd probably prefer seeing guys dressed dandy or kodona, as they have better luck with the outcome than guys dressing lolita. But if a brolita can fool me, and then I find out they're really a dude, they deserve a HUGE glomp because they are definitely my hero of the day. Perhaps even hero of the month. Same with girls who pull off kodona style *takes out issue of gothic lolita bible, and looks for the awesome pics found last week*.

*end of rant*
Unread 01-05-2009, 04:11 AM   #39
snowflakepink
snowflake

If they can pull it off I deeply admire them, but I prefer EGA on guys. :3
snowflakepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2009, 04:27 PM   #40
Haku23

I'd have to definitely applaud any man who dressed in Lolita! Just like everyone else, I think as long as the effort is put in it's great! Break down those social barriers and gender stereotypes!(and have fun while you're doin' it!). Girls put so much work into their outfits so it's only fair that guys should too-just 'cause you're a dude doesn't mean you'll escape the "...:/ what is that cheap lace? that is NOT a bell shape" critiques ha ha. I would probably be shocked to see a guy in lolita-I might even laugh with surprise like "wo...woah ha ha" at first but in the end if he's a nice guy and is enjoying himself then who cares what he's wearing and if it's "for girls"? I wouldn't make fun of him and neither should anyone else ^^
Unread 07-28-2009, 04:59 AM   #41
ninja_cookie

any guy who will put on a full lolita outfit [and do it properly] and not just settle for kodona gains my upmost respect! (and a friendship request ^^)
Fai (Acid Tokyo ver.) - Tsubasa - 90%
Sanji (Peachy Island) One Piece - 60%
ninja_cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 08:14 AM   #42
VLC

I have friend who is a 'brolita' and he is sooo nice.
he does have a fairly male shape, and no matter how much he shaves he has a slight 5oclock shadow but he enjoys the fashion and is far better at make up then me, in fact i think he had the best loli dress and wig at the con we went to recently

However soem VERY nasty police officers said some really degrading comments, and really put him off. It made me so mad because they should be enforcing acceptance!!! The convenor of the con made an official complaint and they were delt with, ut i just think its nasty that just because he cant pull off the perfect female look means that he cant enjoy the fashion openly
Unread 08-01-2009, 10:31 AM   #43
snubbull

i personaly like men in female clothes, but... i think that in any case , if the make up is done well, a man can look feminine, but if the effort isn't made, the men that dress up as a gothic lolita wil look like transvestites...

i have nothing against a guy wanting to look like a girl, and i think that if a guy puts up the serious effort to dress like a perfect lolita, we must suport them.

i also like the aristocrat style for men, and i think that for most men it would be more easy to dress in that style than to go trough all the trouble of looking feminen instead of looking like a beautiful man.

but to all male gothic lolita; i aplaud you
snubbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 04:15 PM   #44
anime1addict

i prefer guys in kodona, but if they're going to slip into a dress i have no problem with it as long as they actually have a girlish face, or is at least an androgynous one, and that they have nice legs e___e i think legs are important when it comes to lolita, but maybe it's just me...
and even if they don't have those things, i still don't mind that much
Unread 08-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #45
JDscosplay
Commissioner

I love the male lolita styles. i think most men who dress in female lolita styles are just crossplaying and LOLITA IS NOT A COSPLAY, ITS A FASHION!!!
JDscosplay is offline   Reply With Quote