Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #226
Iwiwal
Still cosplaying in Japan

First off, love you guys, and it's great to be seeing more SC cosplayers pop up~! *waves*

On the topic of meet-ups, I know this is a ways in the future, but maybe mentioning it now will give people time to prepare. I'm hoping/planning to get people together at Furman University in Greenville during either the month of August or September of this year. I especially want to gather some Utena cosplayers and utilize the school's rose garden for shots, but the campus as a whole is gorgeous and would make a nice setting for just about any sort of cosplay, thus everybody and all-genres are totally welcome. Aside from all the old brick buildings, fountains, lake, bell tower, modern sculpture, etc, there's even a small Japanese garden and authentic Buddhist temple. So yeah, keep that in mind, and I'll make a separate thread for planning the meet-up when it's closer to time. :3
Iwiwal is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #227
Bur Loire
AZURE DOKUGANRYU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwiwal View Post
First off, love you guys, and it's great to be seeing more SC cosplayers pop up~! *waves*

On the topic of meet-ups, I know this is a ways in the future, but maybe mentioning it now will give people time to prepare. I'm hoping/planning to get people together at Furman University in Greenville during either the month of August or September of this year. I especially want to gather some Utena cosplayers and utilize the school's rose garden for shots, but the campus as a whole is gorgeous and would make a nice setting for just about any sort of cosplay, thus everybody and all-genres are totally welcome. Aside from all the old brick buildings, fountains, lake, bell tower, modern sculpture, etc, there's even a small Japanese garden and authentic Buddhist temple. So yeah, keep that in mind, and I'll make a separate thread for planning the meet-up when it's closer to time. :3

OH YOU KNOW I'M ALREADY THERE >33333333~!!
Maybe this time I can get real, serious pictures in Ruka? OR TOUGA. OR WHO EVER ELSE I CAN MAKE IN THREE DAYS.

Because apparently that's my new ability.....making Utena cosplays at 4AM the day before. @_@

*runs off to finish Touga for Saturday*
Bur Loire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2009, 10:08 AM   #228
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

iwiwal: Oooooh! That would be so awesome. I'm up for a photoshoot/gathering ANYWHERE nowadays

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2009, 06:37 PM   #229
Thelchterya
Loves Watanuki

Waaah, that's so far away! T.T I've always heard how beautiful Furman is, so I really want to go, but I'm just not familiar with that part of the state at all...Well, I have cousins in Greenville; maybe they can help me out when the time comes.

To Repair:
Zero Suit Samus
Princess Jasmine
Nabooru
Shinobu

To Revamp:
Yuuko Ichihara

To Complete:
STR

Next con: Ichibancon 3!
Thelchterya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2009, 08:12 PM   #230
wrymon

I'm up for them anywhere, too; and I shall hitch-hike if it is needed. xD
Unread 01-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #231
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

oh, idk if i've said this yet in here...
NO Katsucon for me *cries*
but i will be attempting to go to Momocon! With Soul Eater (duh!) and Macross Frontier costumes.

Unread 01-14-2009, 09:57 PM   #232
TybaltFlux
FORCE-CHOKE

How big is Momocon, anyways? I know it's in GA, but besides that, I don't know much else except that it seems to be pretty popular :x.
Unread 01-14-2009, 10:00 PM   #233
wrymon

Awh, we'll miss you at Katsu Jess! D:
But I hope I see you at Momocon.

Momocon is pretty amazing, and as far as size ... hmmmmm. How to put it ...? Bigger than Nashicon, but a tad smaller than Animazement. -notes this probably made no sense- xD
Unread 01-14-2009, 10:11 PM   #234
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

Taci: That actually made plenty of sense. That was what i was thinking about when it came to Momo. Does it have a dealer's room?

Unread 01-14-2009, 10:20 PM   #235
Bur Loire
AZURE DOKUGANRYU

MomoCon is awesome~ ^o^ <3
There are a lot of 'well-known' cosplayers that go and this year ACP is actually going. Which is really exciting~ ^o^

I know my group will DEFINATELY be there. In EPIC groups. We've got Prince of Tennis (Seigaku), Gurren Lagann, Hetalia, The World Ends with You....probably some other stuff I've forgotten XD

But srsly. EPIC = MOMOCON.
Bur Loire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2009, 10:25 PM   #236
wrymon

Thank goodness it made sense; I have a bad habit of hearing things correctly in my head but saying/typing them totally wrong. Yeah, they do have a Dealer's room.

I thought I'd heard ACP was being there this year! AND PRINCE OF TENNIS?! 8D
Unread 01-14-2009, 10:54 PM   #237
TybaltFlux
FORCE-CHOKE

Hm...I really do like Momocon's fee ;P.

To the Momo-veterans, are there cheap hotels around the center?
Unread 01-14-2009, 11:04 PM   #238
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

also to Momocon vets, is it a 24 hr con? If not, what time does it end and what is there to do? I also second about cheap hotels. Also, parking. Its a college campus, but i'm sure a lot of people must drive to the con or are in hotels in walking distance?

Bur: I'm totally jealous of you and all your costume + groups.

Unread 01-14-2009, 11:46 PM   #239
wrymon

Right now the rates for a hotel within walking distance is (minimum) $140, unless some hotels are evading my search; and then I found some about 15 minutes away for about (minimum) $70 a night. If you get a group rate then you can get them for less though, I do believe. That's judging the rates don't change by March, which I'm sure they will.

As far as parking? I honestly have no clue as far as parking goes for the Con, as bad as that sounds. xD I tend to walk there from my hotel if I can, and if not I take the MARTA and then walk from the station.
Unread 01-14-2009, 11:56 PM   #240
Gwiffen

Momocon is love! Some general things:

Yes, they do have a Dealer's Room but it's tiiiiiiny. It's about the size of maybe two garages. Artist's Alley is like a bedroom. I really wish they could get a new venue, but such is the implicit cost of tying the con to a university. HOWEVER, the awesomest people ever show up! Friggen want Gurren Lagann and TWEWY! =D

Parking, there's a parking deck next to the convention center, but that usually fills up ultra quick, so you'll want to get there relatively early if you're driving. Momo's not 24 hours since it's at Georgia Tech, but I think they stay fairly late. It's not like you ought to be doing anything at 1 am anyways other than prepping for the next day (there are only two days - Sat and Sun - btw). But that means you can save on a hotel night?
Gwiffen is offline   Reply With Quote