Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #1201
Summoner Luna
Apprentice Summoner

@Senti - Oooh, child!Rydia! That will be exciting to see...she's so adorable

@ChaosKnight - *nudges you towards Katsu FF thread* Sadly I am not bringing any pre-VII cosplays to Katsu, but I am still very excited to see these costumes! I am doing a IV group for AUSA so it is very exciting to see others from the game

@Snow - I'm glad you are okay! No pain no gain though, I suppose...right? I am constantly stabbing myself or injuring myself in some way while working. I'm certain your shoes will come out wonderfully, however! <3

I'll be waiting... I'll be waiting here, so if you come here, you'll find me... I promise.
Summoner Luna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-20-2009, 11:35 PM   #1202
Siyana

Yaay. Thanks for the pics Chaos! I've been wondering why there aren't that many child Rydias, shes soo cute. >w<

Are there any unitard patterns out there, or should I just buy one from a dance shop?

And whoa, I really wanna see pics of Cecil/Kain! Sounds awesome. =D
~ Presea - Tales of Symphonia
~ Mia - Fire Emblem

Next convention: NorCal summer gathering
Deviant Art
Siyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2009, 05:40 PM   #1203
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@loveshack: ooh you're making Celes' opera dress ^_^ that's so pretty! I wish you best of luck on Terra tho :3 do you know which version you're doing?? I'd love to see pics of the opera dress when it's done tho !

@luna: aww thanks ^_^! Lol yeah it wasn't anything too severe, but stuff like that always happens to me when I work on things ^_^;; I'm just natural clumsy lol ;;!

@senti: hmm I know there's a big list of sites that sell items for cosplay here at cos.com; the thread is here. If you look under "Hosiery, Leg wear, and bodysuits" there's a few sites that sell dancewear . I never bought from them before tho, but I'm sure other cosplayers have gone there and recommended it before from personal experience .

One thing you can also do (if you'd like to try and make your own unitard, otherwise skip) is get a simple one-piece bathing suit on clearance (especially now b/c they're off season) and do some dissecting to see the pattern pieces yourself .

edit-- Finally finished gluing on the gold parts of the bootcovers =X!! They look a tad messy, so I still gotta go back and do some finishing touches . Otherwise it was a success ^_^! I'm very very excited to basically have Terra all done finally!
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)

Last edited by snowkirby : 01-22-2009 at 06:11 PM.
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 07:26 PM   #1204
Siyana

Hmm. Her unitard is black, right? Or is it a more off green color? I can't seem to figure out her cape/shoulder things. Is the cape hanging off one shoulder only? =_=;

Maybe I'll just work on making Whyt first. ._.;
~ Presea - Tales of Symphonia
~ Mia - Fire Emblem

Next convention: NorCal summer gathering
Deviant Art
Siyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #1205
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Senti: It depends on what ref you're using =X. I know the figurine had a green unitard and I don't remember on the cape ^_^;;. I guess try and look at the refs (even the Amano illustrations since the DS versions are based from them anyway), and use some creative judgement??? Don't be discouraged tho =X you'll do a fabulous job!
Unread 01-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #1206
loveshacktardis
Son of a Submariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkirby View Post
@loveshack: ooh you're making Celes' opera dress ^_^ that's so pretty! I wish you best of luck on Terra tho :3 do you know which version you're doing?? I'd love to see pics of the opera dress when it's done tho !
Yep, Celes will be debuted at Anime Boston '09 and hopefully I'll be singing the Aria too if everything works out! The bodice is almost finished - I got so tired and obsessed with finishing it last night that I started sewing my panels on backwards D:

I'm doing Dissidia Terra, btw

adventuresincosplay.wordpress.com
loveshacktardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2009, 05:45 PM   #1207
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshacktardis View Post
Yep, Celes will be debuted at Anime Boston '09 and hopefully I'll be singing the Aria too if everything works out! The bodice is almost finished - I got so tired and obsessed with finishing it last night that I started sewing my panels on backwards D:

I'm doing Dissidia Terra, btw
Oooh =O I love the Aria ^_^! I wish you best of luck :3!! Daww I always screw up sewing stuff XD; probably b/c of getting tired as well.

Awesome! I plan on making an Amano Terra in the future; I'm going for the super low plunging v-neck dress...but I'm gonna fix it slightly for modesty ^_^;;. That thing puts J-Lo's green dress to shame XDD;!

I'd really love to see how you do her boots tho =O Nomura went crazy with them lol!

Last edited by snowkirby : 01-23-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Unread 01-23-2009, 11:45 PM   #1208
kuko-chan
Waterbender Extraodinaire

So I've started putting together my Rydia costume. First step was making a mock-up of the bathing suit with scrap fabric. The pattern I drafted works beautifully! Now I just need to work up the nerve to cut it out of the good nylon/lycra I bought. ^^;
Next, I started working on the gold belt. I finished the main belt and the gold strap that hangs off her hip as well as the beaded parts. I also finished the green center sheer piece.
I still have ways to go before I'll start posting progress pictures.

EDIT: Alright, got a progress shot!
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1878635/

Last edited by kuko-chan : 01-25-2009 at 09:01 PM.
kuko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2009, 05:39 PM   #1209
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@kuko: your suit looks so pretty!! Your fabric painting is so amazing; it looks embroidered or even silkscreened =O! Your Rydia is going to be fabulous ^_^
Unread 02-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #1210
MeaPortia
Proud Returner

Hey everyone! I'm new, both to the site and to cosplaying in general.

My first ever costume was the sprite version of Terra. I had a shoestring budget and it wound up being so bad that I gave it to the Goodwill with the exception of an awesome green wig and the purple sash.

I'm going to try again now that have both cash and sewing experience. I'm going to go to A-Kon this year as Daryl from FFVI. I found this site because of the discussion a few pages back. I'm curious as to how that costume turned out. I'm trying to convince a friend of mine to go as Setzer, but I highly doubt that he'll do it. XD

Any advice would be great!
MeaPortia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2009, 02:48 AM   #1211
loveshacktardis
Son of a Submariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaPortia View Post
I'm going to try again now that have both cash and sewing experience. I'm going to go to A-Kon this year as Daryl from FFVI. I found this site because of the discussion a few pages back. I'm curious as to how that costume turned out. I'm trying to convince a friend of mine to go as Setzer, but I highly doubt that he'll do it. XD

Any advice would be great!
Aw, I can't wait to see your Daryl eventually! That might have been me a few pages me, and um, I haven't made any progress at all. I have fabric for her in my closet right now, but she had to be pushed back due to an overflow of costumes. But anyways, what I did before buying fabric and all that was stare at the sprites from all the angles, and drawing out some sketches. I based my design off the sprites and off fan art that I scoured the internet for. It was fun because I got to be very creative with it - now to get off my butt and actually make it, hah.

adventuresincosplay.wordpress.com
loveshacktardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #1212
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Mea: aww yay! I can't wait to see your Daryl! A Setzer would be fantastic if you're able to! I wish you best of luck with her ^_^!

New York Comic Con was fantastic!! My pics of Terra are muddled in my new album tho XD; I think they're on page two though, or just one.

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/140263/

MY TERRA SHOES MUST DIE. Kitten heels next time, plz.

Last edited by snowkirby : 02-09-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Unread 03-03-2009, 07:18 AM   #1213
BalthierFlare

Okay, so I'm making a Celes, FF6, but I'm making her in-game outfit....just sprucing it up a bit. Do you think people will recgonize me?

I'm doing the green body suit, a blue corset-thing for her belt, white shoulder armor, a cape, blue boots......bracelets, a headband....but it'll all be really detailed...almost like it's Amano designed her green outfit instead of her yellow.
Unread 03-03-2009, 11:50 AM   #1214
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Balthier: my friend Kazephyr is making sprite Celes as well ^.^! Any good old school FF fan that has definitely played VI will have no trouble recognizing you , especially at a place like Otakon. Even when I was at a Comic Con for my Terra, only a handful of people recognized me, so you most likely shouldn't run into that problem lol! Good luck with Celes!
Unread 03-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #1215
BalthierFlare

Thank you!