Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1425 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-26-2009, 02:42 AM   #1171
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated <3
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-28-2009, 10:27 AM   #1172
Arakni666
HERO

Name of Commissioner: hunny_lee
Website/C.com gallery: http://stores.ebay.com/hunny-lee
Character commissioned and series/video game: Mello from Death Note, vest only
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1878576/
Timeline: I can't remember exactly, but I think it only took about a month and a half to two months.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
hunny_lee was wonderful! I contacted her to see if it would be possible to only get the vest, since I already had pants and such. She immediately gave me a reasonable quote and a timeline, and asked for my measurements. I needed the vest by Halloween, and since there were more than three months until then, I told her I didn't need it too quickly. Needless to say, the vest came almost a month ahead of time, and it was perfect! It fit me perfectly and the material looks great. There is only one slight malfunction near the zipper, but that's my fault in wearing it all the time because it's so comfortable.

Final Grade: A+! She was wonderful.

Arakni666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2009, 05:58 PM   #1173
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 02-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #1174
haruka798
scientist/costumer/geek

Dizzy Lizzy

http://lizzy.agentsofcosplay.com/

Lamiroir from Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice Wig Only

http://lizzy.agentsofcosplay.com/gal...wigs/Lamiroir/

Timeline: Ordered in mid November; received last week of January

Pros: Lizzy was very professional. I received quick responses on e-mails and lots of updates with pictures on a regular basis. The wig arrived extremely well packaged with instructions on how to take care of my investment. The wig turned out EXACTLY how I wanted.

Cons: None.

Comments: A truly wonderful comissioner--I can't recommend her enough.

Final Grade: A+
haruka798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2009, 07:56 AM   #1175
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated
Unread 02-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #1176
Lovelychristina
Free hugs inquire within.

Name of Commissioner: Obscured reality/Shun
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.obscuredreality.com/ And http://www.cosplay.com/member/16511/
Character commissioned: An Organization 13 Jacket
Links to picture: None.
Time line: I ordered it back in August of 08 and I'm still waiting
Describe your Experience: I first contacted Shun Via phone. Because I found his Information online Via a Cosplay recommendation site. Somehow it got to the YIM and we discussed about the Coat and A possible wig. Figuring out that for now I should just get the coat. I had to wait a Few month to pay him due to certain reasons. He Got rather Pushy bout being paid (I know I should of stopped when he got pushy) I paid him Back in August in 08 and After I mentioned a possible date he told me I would have to wait a little bit cause he was backed up but got a promise of getting in October for Anime Usa. Finally October Arrived and No package. I contacted him and was told it would be a bit longer and he needed my Measurements, I gave and So I waited. In December I popped up and asked bout the coat and was told they were out of the Fabric and he was waiting for them to restock (My mother owns a Fabric store and told me it wasn't that hard to obtain) Finally in January, I contact him with a Letter mentioning I would either like my coat back or a total refund. Needless to say he got back really fast apologizing saying one of the girls that helped with the Coat Was no longer there. That he and his Girlfriend would try their best to get my coat done before February but they were busy so he was going to try really hard to get it to me as soon as possible and he would need more Measurements and I found out that I needed to make my own chain (From what I remembered that wasn't what was agreed on) So I told him fine. Then He mentioned that he had been trying to contact me Via YIM I had No Messages (Except the occasional Hey and hi) from him until I sent the Letter tell him him Either a Refund or my 300 bucks back. It is now Feb 7th I contacted him Earlier and He Said something bout his girlfriends mother and then Bolted offline.

*update*
I've got a date (the end of April) . I will redo the grade when I receive the product.

Final Grade: F-

Last edited by Lovelychristina : 02-08-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Lovelychristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2009, 12:41 AM   #1177
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 02-10-2009, 01:33 AM   #1178
hehlow
and goodbye

Name of Commissioner: T.Narcheska here on cosplay.com. Also known as Rui, and dorkodile on deviantart.
Website/C.com gallery: www.cosplay.com/member/38620/
Character commissioned and series/video game: Full Costume with belt, Kairi from KHII $65. $35 for shipping. $100 total
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: I decided to put pictures!

Me In Costume
Short Fail
Zipper Detail
Size Fail

Timeline (how long your order took to process): To receive the costume: 2 months. To end the hub bub afterwards, 4 months. See below for details.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

Wow. Where do I start with this one. I discovered her on cosplay.com, and found that she has four good reviews here, and a bunch of other pictures of the costumes she has made, so that is where I placed my trust in her. I ask for a quote, she gave me a quote for $65 for the costume, and $35 for the shipping. This price was real nice, so I took the offer within the week. Communication during this time was excellent. When she started making the costume, communication still remained, but it was less often. I just assumed that it was because she was making the costume, and didn't bother her that much. Though I did ask to have progress pictures, in which I received none. I wasn't too irked about this, and I was actually surprised when she told me she was finished by the end of July. So that's about a month and a week? She showed pictures, and the skirt looked eerily too short. I asked her what the length was, and that it should be 25 inches from the top of the dress to the bottom, and she said that it was. I just assumed it was the picture and an 'optical illusion', so I did not let it bother me. The hood was also a little messed up, and I had that sorted and fixed up. She had to send it over with express mail to get it over though, and it was her fault for not meeting the deadline, so she agreed to pay the shipping herself. At this point, I was thinking, Sweet! $65 for a costume with free shipping! From here on out, this is where things go bad...

The costume came just in time, and when I got it...my worries on the eerily short skirt held true. It was waaaaaayyyyy too short for anything.
(see first image above)
I had to wear some shorts to compensate the shortness of the dress, and I had to pull it back a bit because it was wayyy too lose. I had to fix this over at a tailor for 15 bucks, so I guess I spent $75 on the costume. This was a major MAJOR issue 'cause Kairi doesn't wear shorts! I measured the size of the dress, and it was about 17 inches. Okay. 25 and 17 are huuuge differences. The construction of the costume was really really nice I gotta tell you that much. There are some random long threads hanging inside the costume, but it didn't bother me. The plastic zippers got reaaall messed up at one point because it was so cheaply done. (see some pictures above.) The Fray Check she used was rather hard and itchy, and leaves a funky brownish color behind. Some of the sewing looked like it was done as a quick and careless job, but the dress manages to still hold together somehow. The hood that she fixed was perfect except that the halter strap was too long, and didn't really hold my dress up. I emailed her back telling her that the dress was way too short, and she offered to remake the dress for $45, and then I would have to pay for the shipping.

This is where it got ugly.

After thinking about it for a while, I told her that she made the mistake of the costume, and it was essentially unwearable. I asked if she would agree to remake the entire costume, and have me just pay for the shipping. She was adamant about this, and said that she was already charging me "at cost price for the next costume." I then told her that I did not receive the correct size of the product, ergo, I should receive another one at no additional charge for me (except for perhaps shipping).

I even asked my family members and some friends about this issue to see if I was being reasonable or not, and they were all on my side. I really did not want to make a case based on irrational thinking, and I made sure of it. And please, If you feel that I'm being unreasonable. PM me!

Some other unnecessary stuff goes on...and then she finally offered:

"I'd make you another outfit for free, but I would require the following:

a) I need you to send the previous outfit back.
b) cover all shipping expenses incurred

And this is also the last time that I'm making any alterations to this outfit as this is a small business I'm running here (as you would have noticed from my small profit margin) and I honestly can't afford to do anymore than this."

This was fantastic to me, and I agreed right away. At this point, it's the beginning of September. Just in case if your curious, I wore the costume, just with shorts. You might have seen me at Otakon if you went there. Maybe the picture above will give recognition...

Anyway, this was good, and I told her since I wasn't in a rush, the order didn't have to come so quick, and we began to talk about measurements again. Two months into the school year, I'm busy as hell, so I never get around to giving new measurements or anything, and at the beginning of December, I shoot out an email telling her I was still here, and gave her measurements with pictures a few days later. She replied saying that it was alright, conversation was light and happy, and that she could get the costume to me by late January.

This is where the communication stops.

I told her okay, and emailed her back with a few specifications and etc...and got no reply back. I just guessed that she was super busy, b/c she's rather quick with her emails. But...nothing happened. Around the beginning of December, I found out her AIM Screenname through her DeviantArt or something and IMed her about it. She said that she was leaving out of the country for a month, and I believed her because her away message said stuff about packing. I was like okay cool.

A month passes, and I shoot her out an email asking when she was coming back, because she had not replied to my previous email about the few specifications back in December.

Of course I get no reply. I send out one more asking her if she got it. Nothing. She did not appear on AIM any more, so I did some researching, and found out that she blocked me. Strange. I then went on her deviant art and sent her 1 or 2 PMs to check her email, and she ignored them, and blocked me from commenting on her wall. It was getting so ridiculous that she kept on ignoring me and blocking me, that I searched for the packing slip that came with my costume, and called her third party sender using the phone number I found there. Unfortunately, I was not successful because I didn't get into direct contact with T.Narcheska herself. I kept trying to reason with her, only to meet up with blocking and ignoring. I made a screen name to try to get into contact with her, and she ended up just blocking not only me, but everyone not on her buddy list so that no random screen name (I) won't keep bothering her. At this point, I just wanted a clear Yes, or No answer for this costume, because it was no longer about whether I paid for the extra bunch or not--the fact remains is that I don't have a costume that's wearable for this years Otakon. I might have been persistent to the point of annoyance on this issue, but I'm not backing down on something that I believe in.

The final attempt at communicating with her, I was successful. Sort of anyways. I 'faked' an email address, telling her I was interested in buying a costume, tactfully hiding my identity. (I think she knew how I typed, and what my AIM font looked like and all that weird stuff) And she replied, asking for more info etc. etc. I then shot out a long lengthy email, trying to be logical about the situation, explaining that she shouldn't be ignoring me and blocking me across the internet because it was immature. It was a bad way to treat your customers, and just asked her for a straight up yes and no answer, no strings attached, no long explanation needed.

I finally got a reply

"No. And you may want to consider what was in your previous attitude that made me reconsider my decision to do anything for you."

I'm not going to put drama here. I know that's what this thread isn't about.

I'm totally done with this person. I've been fighting for this costume for half a year, and it's no use wasting time for someone who has bad costumer service.

If she wants to run a business, she's definitely gonna run into more problems at some point. I've noticed that all of the reviews she has had, no one had any problems with their costume or anything.

So basically, what to get out of the review, narrative, thing

Communication and creation of the costume was good on the most part. while she was making it, but when problems arose, she freaked and ignored me.

So if you commission with her, just be careful and don't expect any problems that may arise within your costume to be fixed.

Final Grade: D-

Gotta give her a little leverage because I did receive something, and it's slightly wearable. But I really want to give her an F for service.

oh, Kinara, please tell me if I've divulged too much story telling, and not enough reviewing and I will definitely edit this post...if it lets me this time. Thanks!

Last edited by hehlow : 02-27-2009 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Updating info
hehlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2009, 02:52 AM   #1179
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

No worries about the length ^^ The more details there are, the better equipped prospective customers will be to make their own judgement. In fact, I appreciate the effort!
And updated!
Unread 02-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #1180
hehlow
and goodbye

Hey Kinara,

I just realized that the first review for AnnAnime should be C+, not D-. The link leads to the review, and it says C+!
Unread 02-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #1181
Lovelychristina
Free hugs inquire within.

Name of Commissioner: lunaladyoflight
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.lunaladyoflight.net/
Character commissioned: Hellsing's Pip Bernetta
Links to picture(s):
http://www.cosplay.com/i/members/200/55254.jpg
http://images.cosplay.com/photos/19/1900669.jpg
http://images.cosplay.com/photos/19/1900667.jpg
Timeline: After I fully paid less than a week ;3
Describe your Experience.: If part of a Costume that I'm doing. She was Very nice and let me pay in two payments. I would Love to get more wig done by her!
Final Grade:A++
Lovelychristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2009, 02:08 AM   #1182
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Thanks so much for the correction, hehlow! How embarrassing ^^;
Updated!
Unread 02-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #1183
MochaValentino
kore ga samurai damashiii

Seller: Cosplaywig: Cosplaywig's Ebay store
Product: Short silver wig
Timeline: a little over 2 weeks

Pics:
front
side

Pros: Perfect color, soft, right length, and good thickness.

Cons: Shipping took a little longer than expected, and there are some little stray hairs sticking up, but that can be tamed with styling.

Grade: A+ would order from again!!
Unread 02-17-2009, 03:05 AM   #1184
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

Weird. I thought I left a review before. Guess not.

Name of Commissioner: qqcosplay.com
Website/C.com gallery: www.qqcosplay.com
Character commissioned: Kevin Mask from Ultimate Muscle (just the trench coat)
Photos of commissioned item: photo 1 photo 2 photo3
Timeline: 2 Weeks.

Pros: Easy to communicate with, fast shipping. The construction is rather nice. I liked that the green flap can snap on and off. The collar was nicely done as well, although a tiny bit too high for me. Good price, especially for it being a rush order ($137)

Cons: Seeing it was my first time getting a commision, some of these are my fault. I should've given them longer arm measuremeants since the sleeves are a bit short. (seen in photo 3) I also said I didn't care about the fabric type and the one they ended up using looks.. odd. It's also the wrong color - too bright of a blue, since the photo I provided shows DARK blue. I even told them to use a DARK blue material. And then I couldn't dye it because they used polyester fabric.

They also ended up shipping it to the wrong address (I had tracking on it), which added a bit of worry to me since I needed it in a hurry. It thankfully came in before the convention.

Comments: This was back in 2006 so I don't know if they've changed any. If I do ever order from them again, I will be specific in what I want, rather than leaving the fabric choice up to them and remember to make my measurements a bit bigger than they should be so it fits better.

Final Grade: B
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 03:14 AM   #1185
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated