Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 680 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #1186
MochaValentino
kore ga samurai damashiii

Cosplaywig
Site: ebay site

Shipping: eh, 2.5 weeks? But it's from China.

Item: Short black wig with long sides and clip on ponytail.

Pics:
3/4
side
back

Pros: Exactly the style I needed, slightly longer than I needed so I can style it how I need, soft, thick, shiny. I like ^_^

Cons: It's long so it tangles, but that's any wig. And the clip on wig is like, darkdark brown, not exactly black. Slow shipping..

Final grade: A+ Love them!

Unread 02-18-2009, 12:57 AM   #1187
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated <3
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 07:11 AM   #1188
kaiwalkerz

Hello there!

I ordered this Wolverine costume and this are some pictures of it, I'm sooo happy with it!
And people went mad about it! Enjoy!

Thanks Cosplay1!!! Thanks!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n714485497_2589048_5721.jpg (49.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg wovie2.jpg (60.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P220209_18.09[02].JPG (83.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P220209_17.56[01].JPG (86.6 KB, 0 views)
kaiwalkerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 01:36 AM   #1189
4ng31
meh.

Name of Commissioner : Cosplay1

Website/C.com gallery : www.cosplay1.com

Character commissioned and series/video game : Firi from Lamento : Beyond The Void (Top and Pants)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item : http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/141769/

Timeline (how long your order took to process) : Payment sent Sep. 23, 2008, costume received end of Junuary 2009.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. : Originally contacted in September to start the commission process, everything went smothly along the way with progress shots emailed to me regularly while asking me my input on the progress. While there were some pieces that I had to make myself (undershirt, stockings, gloves and boots), it doesn't take away from the overall quality of the work I had done (pleather, lined...near perfect fit).

Final Grade : A
Unread 02-26-2009, 03:36 AM   #1190
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

kaiwalkerz, if you could possibly provide a more detailed review, preferably in accordance with the provided submission form, at least with a final grade, I'd love to add your review to the list ^^

Otherwise, updated!
Unread 02-26-2009, 08:41 PM   #1191
Funhouse
icon by riku sora chan

Name of Commissioner Chibi Miki
Website/C.com gallery http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/cosp...in/t.14151329/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) : Super Sailor Neptune. (Fuku + gloves)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...e/22509015.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...e/22509004.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process) : June 08 to Feb. 09
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
She was prompt and was constantly communicating or e-mailing me. Signs of a worthy cosplayer. She allowed me to pay in payments and the price of the costume wasn't bad as well. [:
I talked to her June 08 about making a Neptune costume and we soon came to an agreement. Around September she got pregnant and her communication slowed due to morning sickness and etc, and around December I started getting extremely worried if my costume was ever going to get done. Once January hit, she was over her sickness and started working on my costume. Around February, she had finished the costume and even added a brooch AND choker. (Two things I never asked for. The two items came out splendid!)
Now the costume itself is fantastic. It fits great, feels so soft and nice and the little flap under the skirt was a nice touch. ;p She deserves every penny she got and her friends and husband are right, she does deserve more money for the quality she makes her stuff in.
Final Grade: A+
Funhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2009, 01:36 AM   #1192
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated ^^
Unread 02-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #1193
hehlow
and goodbye

hey, I updated my review with pictures!
Unread 02-27-2009, 10:08 PM   #1194
Chiloves1
Cosplay Dreamin

Name of Commissioner: Tidna Star

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/144335/

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: (See attachments)

Character commissioned and series/video game: Summoner Yuna (white top, sleeves, obi and skirt)

Timeline: January 2009. (She was a bit behind with getting this costume done for January cuz of school and other commissions but nonetheless she had it done before Kei kon this month.)

Pros We bought the fabric and materials needed to make this cosplay in late December, I think it was a few weeks before Christmas and she told me she'd have it done by January. I would kindly remind her every couple of weeks just to find out how the cosplay was coming along, she assured me she was working hard and would have it done by January. When January rolled around she had it 80% complete, but was struggling with getting it done by the date we set. Though she made it up to me by keeping contact with me every step of the way. She did come through for me in the end and had it done by last week in time for Kei kon, I didn't have any time to try it on to see if there were any adjustments she had to make on it, but when I tried it on it fit me very well. Again, I knew getting a cosplay commissioned by her was worth it.

Comments I had commissioned her before when it came to my Rosebride Utena cosplay, (which I have yet to debut) she works her butt off to make sure the cosplay is satisfied and if not happy with it, she works on it and let's one know if there are any changes she has to make or need to make. I have been very fortunate to get another cosplay made by her. She is a bit on the expensive side for when it comes to commissioning, but she makes sure everything is up to standard. I HOPE to commission her one more time this year and if she's doing other commissions next year ask for another 2 or 3, lol.

Final Grade A+
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Summoner_Yuna2.jpg (59.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Summoner_Yuna3.jpg (49.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Summoner_Yuna4.jpg (43.5 KB, 0 views)
Chiloves1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2009, 07:26 AM   #1195
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated <3
Unread 02-28-2009, 01:34 PM   #1196
Jasette
That was awkward.

Name of Commissioner: Angie

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.geocities.com/saitekinocosplay / http://www.cosplay.com/member/980/

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: (See attachment)

Character commissioned and series/video game: Fuu of Samurai Champloo - Hairsticks

Timeline: She first contacted me Jan. 15th, Finished them Feb. 14th, I recieved them today, Feb. 28th. My deadline was late in March.

Pros: Angie was wonderful! She updated me Feb. 1st to let me know about progress. She was very nice, considerate, helpful and her price was awesome! I'd definitely go to her to commission something again.

Cons:
The main body of the hairsticks was a little more purple than I had expected, but it sort of makes them look cooler. Haha! Besides, Angie offered to repaint them if I didn't like them, but I'm too lazy to repackage them and send them back and wait and blah. :3 They're fabulous already!

Final Grade A++ <3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fuu_Hairsticks.JPG (63.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Jasette : 02-28-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Jasette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2009, 06:31 PM   #1197
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 03-01-2009, 04:23 AM   #1198
Datona
Spikes Girl

Name of Commissioner: ZhangSunny
Website/C.com gallery: not sure if shes still on here her listing seems to have gone
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) Dita skirt top and jacket (vandread) And Zelda fromtwilight princess zelda (complete with crown)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: *add soon*
Timeline (how long your order took to process): about a month
Describe your Experience. Pros: Nice material , communication Cons: where do I start the dita was well made , but has some black marks on the boot covers and skirt, also the boot covers are freyd abit at the top , but the real disappointment was the zelda I paid extra for a crown made of leather but got a cheap $2 plastic one sent instead, also the zelda was done all wrong ,

either she was just to lazy or didnt care she sewed tacky cheap lace around the bottom instaed of the symbols when I pulled the lace of it was several different patterns. also the neck line is way to high up and still needs to be fix, she used very bad elastic on the gloves to hold it to the finger there was no detail at all i ended up painting the detail on myself.

Also the sash was badly made so was the vest it needs to be altered also the sash had lace sewn to it i ripped it all off and repainted the right symbols on. Also there was no under gloves I was so annoyed as it cost me a lot of money then I had to spend more fixing it

Comments: Dont go to her if you want something with detail

Final Grade: D-
Datona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2009, 12:05 AM   #1199
digital_metal

i have a question for those who've commissioned from cosplay1 - do they send you an email after you've sent payment or only when they have progress pictures to show to you? ^^ I sent my payment on the 7th of February and haven't heard anything from them since.
digital_metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2009, 01:21 AM   #1200
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

You might want to simply email and ask for a confirmation of payment received They have better communication than almost every other commissioner I've worked with, but might not know what you're expecting to be informed of.

Also, updated!