Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Germany

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-20-2009, 03:02 AM   #1
lemnii

Deutsche Cosplay?

Hallo!

Ich bin halb Deutsch aber ich hab es nie ganz gut gelernt. Das ist warum ich will nach Deutschland ziehen fur einem jahr, zum Deutsch viel besser lernen. Aber ich liebe cosplay und will immer noch zum eh... conventions (online es sagt das convention auf Deutsch ist tagung, ist das correkt?) gehen, gibt es viele in Deutschland? Wo? Sind die gross? Ich wurde nach Sud Deutschland gehen, ganz in der nahe von Stuttgart. Gibt es eine in der nahe von Stuttgart?

Entschuldigen sie mich uber mein schlechtes Deutsch! Ich vollte nur fragen uber cosplaying/conventions und Deutschland. :] (Ich vollte auch mein Deutsch uben! x_x )
lemnii is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-21-2009, 05:56 AM   #2
Isadora

Hallo,
ich finde Dein Deutsch hier schon sehr gut^^Am besten geh mal auf www.animexx.de dort sind unter Veranstaltungen auch Conventions gelistet.

Wann würdest Du denn nach Deutschland kommen?
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
anduin
Sunk the Boat

Ich bin nicht deutsch und ich habe ohne drei jahren von Deutsch lernen gehabt. Aber eine Deutsches convention gefellt mir sehr gut. Ist animexx die convention von Deutschland oder gibt es etwas anderes? Es tut mir leid. Mein deutsch ist night so gut. Ich hoeffe du kannst mir verstanden.
Unread 09-22-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
Kukkii-san
Wig Mage

Der Animexx e.V. ist der größte deutsche Fanclub für Anime, Manga und japanische Populärkultur, www.animexx.de ist die größte Online Community für Anime und Cosplay.

Animexx veranstaltet die Connichi (war gerade letztes Wochenende^^) und eine Reihe kleinerer Cons. Die Connichi und die AnimagiC (Ende Juli / Anfang August) sind die beiden größten deutschen Anime-Cons.

(I'd show you photos, but the animexx image server just crashed due to the massive overload at the peak of con season *lol*)
Unread 11-24-2009, 05:45 AM   #5
DreaM HunteR
MEKYO!

Hi! A have a question about AnimagiC and how the cosplay show looks on thin convention. I'm from Poland and I would like to go with friends but we don't know how it looks like ^^" If someone could write something about it I would be very thankful

TSUBASA RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE - Amaterasu - FINISHED~
Macross F - Sheryl Nome [kimono girasummer festival - FINISHED~
xxxHOLiC - Himawari [sunflowers art] in progress
Final Fantasy Type-0 - Caetuna

DreaM HunteR's dA account
DreaM HunteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #6
Kukkii-san
Wig Mage

Hey there, and dzien dobry! *waves*

In case you'd like to enter the masquerade / cosplay competition, you can register through the convention homepage at www.animagic-online.de (a couple of months prior to the con, I believe) or write the staff an e-mail if you're having trouble with the language^^

This year, the cosplay competition at AnimagiC (at least part of it?) was held by the German Cosplay Championship (DCM) team www.deutsche-cosplaymeisterschaft.de which means that their rules applied.

Normally, German cosplay competitions require everyone to perform on stage for approx. 1-3 minutes (some competitions have a time limit), walk-ons are less common. Some competitions (like the DCM) involve costume judging as well, i.e. you need to present your costume to the judges up close and answer questions about construction details, etc.

In case you'd like to just watch, all you'll need is a con pass ^_^ Unfortunately, AnimagiC makes it a point to require everyone to buy the January/February edition of AnimaniA magazine, which includes one reservation ticket for a con pass. They should have set something up for international visitors who don't have access to AnimaniA magazine, however; maybe drop them an e-mail?

Aside from the cosplay competition, there are other stage shows involving cosplay (so-called "show groups" or musical groups) that you can watch if you have a con pass to get inside the hall.

Unless you're absolutely set on going to AnimagiC, and AnimagiC only - may I recommend Connichi as well? ^_^ Personally, I like this convention better, it's got a really nice atmosphere and location, it's about the same size and a little closer to Poland (in Kassel, while AnimagiC is in Bonn.)

Check out www.animexx.de (the site also has an English version) for more events and tons of photos of past conventions.
Unread 11-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #7
katrinkleeblatt
Hasekage

Last year it was possible to get hands on the con passes via internet. I think they'll keep this way since many people appreciated it.
Unread 11-26-2009, 07:02 AM   #8
Kukkii-san
Wig Mage

Ah, that's good news^^ I haven't been to AnimagiC last year so I didn't know that^^;
Kukkii-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2009, 01:20 PM   #9
DreaM HunteR
MEKYO!

Quote:
Hey there, and dzien dobry! *waves*
WOAH D: ! Hallo!

Quote:
Unless you're absolutely set on going to AnimagiC, and AnimagiC only - may I recommend Connichi as well? ^_^
I was thinking about Connichi as well, but I prefer summer convention (becouse of having free time). I heard that Connichi and AnimagiC are the best so if I'll like AnimagiC I'll try to go on Connichi ^^

Quote:
you need to present your costume to the judges up close and answer questions about construction details, etc.
It is really hard for me to imagine that judges ask me about my question in german and I have to answer XD" but I guess then they'll do it in english (I was thinking about participating in contest) :P

Quote:
Aside from the cosplay competition, there are other stage shows involving cosplay (so-called "show groups" or musical groups) that you can watch if you have a con pass to get inside the hall.
Wow, that's great In Poland we have cosplay contests too but I'm really curious about german cosplay - how it looks like and how looks your conventions ^^

Tell me, please - what actually this DCM is? I guess it isn't only a side for M&A&Japan fans.

Thank you very much for your post <3

TSUBASA RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE - Amaterasu - FINISHED~
Macross F - Sheryl Nome [kimono girasummer festival - FINISHED~
xxxHOLiC - Himawari [sunflowers art] in progress
Final Fantasy Type-0 - Caetuna

DreaM HunteR's dA account
DreaM HunteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #10
katrinkleeblatt
Hasekage

DCM is the german cosplay championship =) Next year it'll be held in couples, and I honestly have no idea if you can participate if you're not german....?

I like the animagic since it's in the city I live in ;D However......Connichi usually has better weather o.O I don't know why exactly but most people like the Connichi better. Oh, it hosts the WCS preliminaries for germany^^
Unread 11-27-2009, 03:55 AM   #11
Kukkii-san
Wig Mage

Yes you can, you just have to be around for the finals in October in case you win the preliminary round:
DCM FAQ (in German)
In case you're interested in participating in the DCM or in the regular cosplay competition, just tell them upon registration that you can't speak German. There's a couple of Dutch cosplayers who are regulars at AnimagiC and who actually won the cosplay competition at least once (don't remember their user names right now) so it definitely shouldn't be a problem.

The DCM actually has an English version of their rules (at least of the 2008 version) that I'm sure they could send you if you're interested in learning more about the competition.
Unread 12-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #12
Nami94

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemnii View Post
Ich wurde nach Sud Deutschland gehen, ganz in der nahe von Stuttgart. Gibt es eine in der nahe von Stuttgart?
Ich wohne auch in der nähe von Stuttgart^^ Die nähste Convention wäre die Hanami in Mannheim, die ungefähr 2 Stunden von Stuttgart entfernt ist.
Oder die Yuki Con, die aber sehr klein ist. Dafür aber direkt in Stuttgart.
Nami94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #13
Shua_..
*_*

Kukkii-san! What a useful piece of information! I'm from Russia, next summer I'm going to visit AnimagiC in Bonn. Could you possibly give ma a link how to find a place to stay and how to take part in competition on the stage? Or would you still recommend Connichi? Thank you.
p.s. I speak German

Last edited by Shua_.. : 06-10-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Shua_.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 06:06 PM   #14
Kukkii-san
Wig Mage

*lol* Personally, I still like Connichi better, but it's really up to you - whatever con you want to attend ^.^ They're both the same size (more or less) and there will be tons of great cosplayers at either con.

It's a little early to register for next year's masquerade (and too late for this year), but you should be able to find info online in January or so. Just check out the con homepage and www.animexx.de

For hotel reservations, you'll want to visit the cities' homepages - www.bonn.de (AnimagiC) and www.kassel.de (Connichi) - this fall, i.e. about a year before the con. (Or use a website like www.booking.com or www.hotel.de)

If you're looking for friends online who might let you stay at their place for the con, www.animexx.de is a huge community and you should be able to hook up with people there ^.^ When you look up the event you want to attend, there's always a thread where you can discuss the event, how to get there, where to stay, etc.

We've also got an old thread in the "Cosplay-Zirkel"
LINK, but you need to be logged in to view the thread -
that you could revive, it allows people to post an ad when they're looking for a place to stay, or when they have a spare room and are looking for a roommate.
Unread 06-11-2010, 04:21 AM   #15
Shua_..
*_*

Kukki-san, thank you so much! You might imagine how difficult it is to have courage and decide to go to an anime convent to some other country! Your information is very useful for me! I will certainly follow your recommendations!
Shua_.. is offline   Reply With Quote