Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 653 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-25-2009, 10:03 PM   #1291
Lovelychristina
Free hugs inquire within.

Name of Commissioner : Chobrat
Website/C.com gallery:http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...p/product/7374
Character commissioned and series/video game: Kuroshitsuji; Undertakers Wig
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: One with the top hat on
Timeline: Less then 1 month from Final payment until received.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.:She was really nice to start off. Good communication. When A Had a Emergency pop up she understood and allowed me to make 3 payments on it. It came in just in time and Everyone loved it ^_^ Only thing Kinda bothered me was no tracking number >.> * Loves to watch where it goes* but the wig more than made up for it.
Final Grade: A+ Willcome back And recommend her
Lovelychristina is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-26-2009, 02:30 AM   #1292
Tobias Night
Tobias Nightbringer

Name of Merchant: Ms Testament

Website: www.racheldesade.deviantart.com and www.sanguinespinner.etsy.com

Item purchased (please include quantity): Shinigami outfit worn by Shuhei Hisagi from Anime series Bleach. One order.

Links to picture(s) of your received item: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/148738/

Timeline (how long your order took to process): I am not sure exactly how long it took. Maybe a month, maximum? However, I do know that it was done VERY fast and a MONTH or two before the deadline.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Simply put, the experience was superb. This was my first time commissioning anyone, and even though my standards and 'regulations' were somewhat precise, she exceeded every single one of them. The best part was, even though it took such a short period of time to make, it did not sacrifice accuracy OR quality in any way. Not only was she very friendly in person and online, she was also very helpful on other various topics about the costume such as make-up, where to purchase little add-ons for costumes, and a quick lesson about sewing.

Final Grade:A+

~Lyric to a song sung by Nat King Cole called "Nature Boy" (Thank you LadyHawke78 for getting the name of the song!)
Tobias Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2009, 07:43 AM   #1293
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2009, 08:52 AM   #1294
AdelaideVixen

Name of Merchant: andy200599
Website: contacted through ad on coscom that is no longer up.
Item purchased: Gene Starwind full costume
Links to picture(s) of your received item: I was supposed to get it May 15th, still haven't received it, not sure if I ever will.
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Contacted them in Feb 09, paid them in Mar 09, nothing has happened since. I was told my costume was finished and sent, but obviously not.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Initially this person responded quickly and was very helpful and I received a great price compared to other quotes I had received. Once they got their money, I barely got any response. I needed my costume by May 15th and I was told it was sent the week before. It is now the 26th, my con is over, and I STILL don't have a costume and I'm not sure if it was even sent. I sent an email over a week ago asking for a refund and sent them a paypal request, and I have yet to even get an email back with a reason/excuse as to why I didn't the costume or anything. I feel like an idiot because I'm probably screwed out of my money.
Final Grade: F

I will edit if I happen to get my money or the costume in the future.
AdelaideVixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2009, 07:39 PM   #1295
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated~
Unread 05-29-2009, 10:16 PM   #1296
Lovelychristina
Free hugs inquire within.

Name of Commissioner: Gneila
Website/C.com gallery: http://beyondthereflection.com/
Character commissioned: Kuroshitsuji Undertaker
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item Kinda dark I'll take better ones Later I'm the one with a Bone in the mouth
Timeline: 2-3 months *can't remember*
Describe your Experience: It was a good experience. She finished it kinda late and shipped it Overnight it to my Hotel at her expense. I was a bit paranoid bout it not getting in on time but it came in when I took My BF to go find some Pants. Everyone loved it to death~
Final Grade:A

Last edited by Lovelychristina : 05-29-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Lovelychristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2009, 12:45 AM   #1297
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 06-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #1298
Aya_love
is born to be a King

im not sure if this is the right place to go but...

cosplayhouse rips off hellowshop. cosplayhouse takes the pictures of the cosplay products in hellowshop and photoshops them into theirs.(i personally love hellowshop, my friend buys most of my cosplay things there) Im not sure if anyone bought from them but i dont trust them. also, cosplayhouse takes the photos of other cosplayers/artists without permission and posts them up in their site. (a friend's photo was taken and was uploaded into their site)

So cosplayers, before you go and buy from cosplayhouse, remember that cosplayhouse might be a scammer.

cosplays
Aya_love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #1299
PhDPepper
\(ŐωŐ)/

Name of Commissioner
CosplayMandy AKA Cosplaycommish
Website/C.com gallery
http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/cosplaymandy/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII: Noctis Lucis Caelum Jacket, Pants, Belt & Pouches, Gloves.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/u.../IMG_09989.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process)
Approximately 5 weeks, which was 3 weeks early.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
This was my first commissioned outfit and i have to say that Mandy is an extremely friendly commissioner who replied quickly to any questions that I had. She even offered pictures of in progress work, and being a first time commissioning, this really helped with my personal piece of mind. Definitely a people person. A+ their.

When i received the costume, it was neatly folded and packaged in such a way that everything was really easy to find. Workmanship was also amazing. I was getting ready to clip any loose strings and such that i found dangling except, i promptly put my scissors away. It seems that their were no loose strings to distract from the outfit, must have taken the time to do this before shipping the outfit. The quality of the material was also better then what i expected, and its hard to show that through pictures. Even different materials were used on the shoulder design, instead of recycling materials from the coat, so the commissioner did not try to skimp on material costs, and it is very noticable. The outfit also was a perfect fit, and is surprisingly comfortable because it is all lined with soft material. All the stitching seems to be solid also, and i discovered that the belt loops were stitched on twice to make it that much more sturdy. I'm highly impressed with the final costume and with all the attention payed to small details, I definitely rate Quality at A+.

I will update pictures in the future to show the lining, perfectly done stitching with no loose strings, and the different materials in the shoulder design (shows quality over cost saving). Need to take some close up shots to show the craftmanship.

I will probably commission again for next year =D

Final Grade: A+

Last edited by PhDPepper : 07-25-2009 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Updated Picture link
PhDPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #1300
Migumi

Just a response to the above post, hellowshop also took pictures from Bodyline so I'm not sure whether that site is legitimate either.

Now for my review

Name of Commissioner: Cosplayweiwei from ebay
Website/C.com gallery: http://myworld.ebay.com/cosplayweiwei/
Character commissioned: Sasuke Uchiha (Time Skip) & Hunny (Ouran)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: I have photos in my gallery, but they don't show how nice the cosutme is.
Timeline: 1 month for each (sepeartely)
Describe your Experience: A great experience. I sent my payment in the mail and they were kind enough to notify me when they got the payment and sent me a tracking number right away and I received it maybe 4 days later.
Final Grade: A
Migumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2009, 03:07 AM   #1301
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated Had to move the list about again to make room for itself. Apologies for how navigation is a little ridiculous, guys; Admin's forgotten about us :<
Unread 06-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #1302
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
Admin's forgotten about us :<
Was there something you needed help with regarding organizing the thread? Admin rarely is able to really deal with specific threads on a regular basis, but maybe there's something I can help you with as a moderator.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2009, 06:25 PM   #1303
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Was there something you needed help with regarding organizing the thread? Admin rarely is able to really deal with specific threads on a regular basis, but maybe there's something I can help you with as a moderator.
Back in the drama that spurned the Merchant Review section, Admin's last post was
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
If it would help, I can make a static page that can be updated in a better format and grant access to the editing of it, that way it can be included at the beginning without needing to edit separate thread posts or make more room by deleting old ones. Just let me know.
which sounds pretty much exactly what we need.

It was his last response, though, so I figured he forgot to return to the thread since everything had calmed down and therefore never read my response of please, please, oh yes please, or it was just put onto his list of things to do...and promptly swamped, since it's not like he's not busy.
Wasn't so much of a problem until recently when the "C" section started giving me all this back-talk.

Also, updated with your addition, PhDPepper
Unread 06-15-2009, 03:13 AM   #1304
Manders1953

Same exact thing. Only, it's been well past two years and I still never received my Aerith wig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumei View Post
Name of Commissioner: www.kawaiiwigs.net

Website/C.com gallery: www.kawaiiwigs.net

Character: Wig of Franziska von Karma/Karuma, Mei (Phoenix Wright 2/Gyakuten Saiban 2)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Haven't even gotten a progress shot...

Timeline (how long your order took to process): I first inquired around early/middle of Feb 2007. It took a while, and finally ordered, paid and signed contract around the last week of Feb 2007. Wig was due May 20th. I have gotten nothing yet. And May 25th is the date of the con I was supposed to wear this wig to.

(The reason why it took so long for me to pay and sign the contract was because she would answer her emails around once a week, and I had to actually ask for her PayPal address so I could pay her as well as the contract.)

Pros: Website was clean, looked professional, even had a contract.

Cons: Deadline missed completely. I do not try and bother my commissioners because I know they have work, college, a life, etc. I did not contact this commissioner until after sending the payment and contract signed back to her. Then on May 12, figuring the time was right to ask for a progress shot. No reply. I emailed once more on the 18th, and again on the 20th, asking civilly if the wig was done, that I request it be airmailed to me as said in the contract when the wig was not done on time or such. I have still received no reply, and I fear I will not be able to wear the wig and costume to the Fanime Con on May 25th. I am still awaiting a reply. I understand that life gets people down, but how long does it take to shoot an email back, especially with a contract?

Communication has been nil since I have paid. I am trying my best to contact her now, but I have received nothing.

Final Grade: D (I may or may not change the grade depending on if/when I get the wig.)

For now this is a tentative review, but I feel it is fair to let others know both good and bad sides of commissioners.
Manders1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2009, 03:22 AM   #1305
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

If you could create a review of your own experiences, Manders, it would be less confusing to reference as a review Casual visitors wanting to read-over a commissioner's rating and finding the same review twice might be discombobulated.