Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Anime Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-22-2009, 09:33 AM   #1
Angel Tear
Sugar Snow

Haruhi Suzumiya 2!

Well, after many many MANY false claims to its airing date, it is finally here.
I've seen the first episode of the second series, I wont say anything about it in case I spoil for people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ1WSvEJE4s

But everyone can breathe a sigh of relief!
Angel Tear is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #2
madhattr999

I just watched the first episode! Dattebayo has picked it up! It was pretty sweet Seems as deep a plot as the original at least so far.
madhattr999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2009, 10:59 PM   #3
CammyLand
Cammy

I'm so happy the second season is finally airing! I've liked what I've seen so far :3
CammyLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2009, 01:18 AM   #4
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Wow.

The pacing on that was fast.

I know it's been a few years since I've watched season 1...but was the pacing always that fast?

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2009, 08:47 AM   #5
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

Still wacky as ever.

Shinigami Photos
KaineMaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 08:10 AM   #6
Skv012a
The Space Pirate

Always wanted to ask, why are so many obsessed with this anime exactly? Season 1 wasn't really impressing or too unique, there was no drama, etc.
Unread 06-09-2009, 09:10 AM   #7
Anima-Mort
Angry Adjective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skv012a View Post
Always wanted to ask, why are so many obsessed with this anime exactly? Season 1 wasn't really impressing or too unique, there was no drama, etc.

Ahaha, I believe that might be calling into question someone's individual opinion and tastes, and in tone inferring them unjust or fundementally 'wrong' due to their conflicting with your own aforementioned opinions and tastes; a racey suggestion.
Having such lower and small intestines is admirable, Skv-chan~

Though half-assedly, I'd assume that in short (How I exaggerate~) a certain mindset targeted to a kina esoteric population of viewers/readers was put in place initially;

Essentially, if you're not finding within yourself appreciation for subtlety, philosophy, and scientific principle/epistemology from the get-go (Or had eye-digested the light novels beforehand, which remain officially untranslated),
Or possess the habitual of becoming easily impatient within a series whose plot/base Modus Operandi isn't presented within the first couple of episodes, there really was perhaps little chance that one would become sucessfully infatuated with the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

MHS, unfortunately for some viewers, seemed to ride on sheer quirk alone the first couple of episodes, which appeared as a lure-device into keeping the viewer occupied with either ruminating over what the testicles Haruhi's diagnosis was or fascinated/indentifying with her brand of eccentricity in a conventional level of living/schooling, which aforementioned brand was dare I say unique to anime and most entertainment media outlets
(Considering that while the majority of fans, as Western citizens, presumptiously, were aware of such personalities/personality traits from the start, said personality/personality traits were rarely leaked into the Japanimation plumbing system espicially, Japan being traditionally culturally a relatively 'conformist' nation per say where this type of behavior is, again presumptiously, 'rarely seen' in a heavily generalized manner of speaking).

Not to mention it was broadcast intentionally out of chronological order of the light novels.
That, and the animation level at the time was surprisingly high quality, which, being aesthetically appeasing, not only in sparkly ken but also in direct illustratory sex appeal of characters, also personally probably contributed to its large sucess from unreaders straight from the first batch of episodes. Which, I should mayhaps emphasize this: Unreaders. The light novels were quite popular well before the anime itself, so the fanbase was already remarkably large before the animation ever took place. I'm speaking strictly in terms of the Japanese populace, however, and therefore the Western Hemisphere fanbase, assumedly, was probably birthed on the power of suggestion, or just utter cottling of apparent tastes :'|

Where then, even after these landmarks were established, the series evolved to transcend a stark number of 'typical' anime 'boundaries' by introducing a multitude of philosophical-scientific conceptions that when examined at a closer spectrum, actually only deepened the universe being displayed's volume in a fashion that incidentally most series at the time hadn't achieved to such a degree.

Though this may have only been achieved by means of dialouge and circumstancial reaction/replies and call-and-response of fellow characters being directly influenced or nonverbally elaborating on this initial reaction/reply in later episodes, which provokes the curiousity reflex into continuing watching in the sensation that the viewer has not summed up the entire series accurately.

I could be totally blowing all this out of my rectum, though, naturally~

"Drinking your own blood is the paradigm of recycling." -Gary Busey

Last edited by Anima-Mort : 06-09-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Anima-Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 01:29 AM   #8
thenine

well the 4th episode is out. in my own opinion episode 1 of the new season was amazing. episode 2 i thought was filler. episode 3 explained everything. episode 4? was i just watching episode 3 again, i don't thinks so but it seems to be the exact same thing
no joke the exact same episode with like 5 changes
1:changed angles
2:changed episode beginning
3:more de ja vu moments for peoples
4:new mask for nagato
5 different cloth in places like the swimming pool
can someone explain this to me or was i really just watching episode 3 again which i doubt
 >:::| ノヽ,r〉;'´:::`ヽ}イ|::>
 く:::':、 〈 Y!ノメ人ス):〉ノ l::フ <i look bad on forum signatures)
  i`ヽ;〉  ノルリ ゚ ヮ゚ ノリ) ::/イ |
  '、゚ 。`'ーイ:〈,_i(( !)}]つ,ノ。/
   \。゚ 〈/ン'^~フ ヽ、 ゚/
    ` く/'ト,ラ^i_ラ'´ ´
thenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2009, 07:04 PM   #9
nightko
↓ ↘ → + P

I can tell you what exactly is going on.
SPOILER:

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
They were in a time loop. Because Haruhi for some reason does not want the summer vacation to end. So on the last day of summer holiday, their reality will be looped back to the beginning of summer. Mikuru found out that she cannot travel back to the future since the timeline never go further than the last day of summer. They have repeated the same summer for 15498 times already. Their memories were erased mostly for each loop except Yuki. Yuki being a humanoid has retained all the memories. Kyon somehow has to found out what exactly Haruhi still is not satisfied with summer in order to end looping the time line all over again.

BTW, this event most likely is the main reason that leads to another very major event later. ^_^
(Also, someone on the net already "found" or "think" that a scene in the new episode already showed a bit of "that coming event". ^_^)

Last edited by nightko : 07-08-2009 at 07:49 PM.
nightko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #10
Cyan Bloodbane
No Time for Heroes

Just got done with ep 4.

Kyon seems to be finally on his way to ending the time loop, but still, I don't think I can handle anymore time loop episodes. I give them two more issues to resolve this issue before I get annoyed. heh.

But still, really enjoying this season. Episode 1 started out really well, the animation is really nice, and a plot that keeps me intrigued. Hope we get more than 13 eps.
Cyan Bloodbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #11
thenine

i understood the plot -_-
im trying to understand why they needed three episodes (3,4,5) to essentily convey the same thing, seriously i got it the first time.
also the raw for 6 looks like kyon figures out what happens (or at least he better)
 >:::| ノヽ,r〉;'´:::`ヽ}イ|::>
 く:::':、 〈 Y!ノメ人ス):〉ノ l::フ <i look bad on forum signatures)
  i`ヽ;〉  ノルリ ゚ ヮ゚ ノリ) ::/イ |
  '、゚ 。`'ーイ:〈,_i(( !)}]つ,ノ。/
   \。゚ 〈/ン'^~フ ヽ、 ゚/
    ` く/'ト,ラ^i_ラ'´ ´
thenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 03:45 AM   #12
rave_ash

haha nice
rave_ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2009, 06:32 AM   #13
KaiserSephiroth

Apparently KyoAni never had any intention of animating Disappearance, it's just going to be this Endless Eight crap and Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya. >_>
KaiserSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #14
~daisysakura~
Your Obsessed Fan

Well this series is becoming a little disappointing, isn't it? ._. I mean, the Endless stuff is good for like... 2 or 3 episodes tops, then we wanna move on to something new.

My Cosplay Log: (kind of abandoned right now... Maybe I'll do something with it at some point...)
Ayame: Frillz That Killz!
~daisysakura~ is offline   Reply With Quote