Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1189 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-13-2009, 07:09 AM   #1336
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Oop; forgot to mention we're updated
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-14-2009, 07:58 PM   #1337
DietCrush

Name of Commissioner: 98-store

Website/C.com gallery: Ebay store

Item bought: Complete Gunner Yuna Costume

Links to picture: None

Timeline (how long your order took to process): A little under two weeks

Pros: Good price and shipping wasn't bad either. Although in the picture the color of the belt was bright yellow, which I was willing to deal with for the price, when it came it was the right color. Same with the shorts; Light blue in the picture but when when it came they were black. For the price the quailty was pretty good. Loved the shirt and the seller was pretty friendly too.

Cons: The shorts were pretty tight, although everything else fits. The tail was really long as well. Also the blue earring that Yuna wears was red, so I had to order another one which was the right color.

Final Grade: A
DietCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2009, 07:45 AM   #1338
loviiduckjomice
Cake Diva and Cosplayer

Name of Commissioner: CuteKawaii

Character commissioned and series/video game: Harley Quinn from The Batman series

Timeline (how long your order took to process): The ordering only took like 2 days or so, her responses were so quick! The costume itsself only took a couple of weeks I could say, besides the gloves and cuffs(but we agreed to have that come in later).

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.:
Pros: The costume looks really cool! The material is awesome and its so comfy! The whole thing looks like it came straight out of the comic book. It was done so quickly, especially for the short amount of time she had to do it. She always kept me posted and uploaded pictures everytime she did something new on the costume. When it came time for her to send me the costume and we had a little problem with the post office, she would call me and let me know whats up until we solved the problem together.

Cons: The costume has little diamonds here and there which were glued on with this fabric glue sticker that slowly peels off every once in a while and I have to iron them back on. The inside of the costume is kind of sloppy but its nothing someone can see on the outside so its not much of a big deal. The cuffs are absolutely adorible but they are a little on the tight side and sloppy on the inside. Lastly, the crotch area is a little bit too big but I think its my fault because I measured myself and she did mention that my measurements seemed a little off.

Comments: Nikki is a great commissioner. I will definately return to her when I need a costume done because I know she will do it quickly and effectively. The price I paid was very reasonable and she allowed me to pay in partial payments. I love that she communicated with me the whole time and made the costume exactly how I wanted it (mind you, I'm picky).

Final Grade: A-
loviiduckjomice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2009, 08:00 AM   #1339
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated <3
Unread 07-15-2009, 04:12 PM   #1340
xlolixx

Name of Commissioner- NeckoMimiChan
Website/C.com gallery- http://www.cosplay.com/member/75220/ (hope I am posting the right thing here, I am new to this site ^^
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.)-Horns (succubus- Wold of Warcraft)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item- http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2119403/
Timeline (how long your order took to process)- I confirmed my order with her on 06-25-2009. Received my Horns 7-15-09.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. -I'd have to say that this commissioner did an amazing job overall. The horns look great, They were made quickly upon order confirmation and shipped out fast. NeckoMimiChan was very friendly and took the time to make sure I got exactly what I was looking for. I am very satisfied with her work and I would definatley recommend going to her for cosplay props.
Final Grade: A+
xlolixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2009, 05:40 PM   #1341
xlolixx

Name of Commissioner- NeckoMimiChan

Website/C.com gallery-http://www.cosplay.com/member/75220 (Hope I posted the right link. I am new to this website.)

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.)- Horns- Succubus from World of Warcraft

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item-http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2119403/

Timeline (how long your order took to process)- Pretty quick imo. A little over 2 weeks from order confirmation I received the horns in the mail.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.- I'd have to say NeckoMimiChan is a great commissioner in every aspect, she was very friendly, took the time to make sure that I got exactly what I wanted and provided me with a quality product at a reasonable price. I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for costume props

xlolixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2009, 03:10 AM   #1342
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated~
Unread 07-20-2009, 10:18 PM   #1343
punkpixie2004

Exclamation Someone to avoid selling to - Ebay member Amyjo195

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I want people to know about this person.

Since I have started selling cosplay props and jewelry on ebay, this buyer is one to definitely avoid selling to.
The buyer is amyjo195. It is confirmed by several other sellers, harbaugh10, tzaddicat, rwnaz, ghoosh, harrys_american_cousin to name a few, that they will bid to win and auction, then never pay. And if you try to file negative feedback against them, they will have ebay remove the comment left with the feedback notice and in turn, improve their rateing.

If there is any question, look at their profile and look at the feedback left. There will be alot of feedback removed. The link is below. Just a heads up to the cosplay community, and the ebay community.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&useri d=amyjo195&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&page=1

Dream Costumes
Princess Serenity
Manga School Uniform Usagi
Sailor Moon

Looking for cosplay props! I sell em on ebay! Check em out!
http://myworld.ebay.com/punkpixie2004
punkpixie2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #1344
Usagi!
Magic. Use it or lose it.

Name of Commissioner: Kawaii Wigs / Amanda White
Character commissioned: Sailor Moon wig, Sailor Chibi Moon wig
Links to picture(s): Will post when available!

Timeline: I ordered the wigs in the beginning of February, paid immmediately and I asked for them to be shipped/arrive between early June and mid June. The actual con was July 17th, so I thought it was all good. I still haven't received my wigs or any photos.

Describe your Experience: I really liked her wigs and she seemed to be organized. When I first contacted her, she was very kind and responded quickly to any questions I had. Communication became slower as time went on, but I wasn't worried as I liked the quality of her wigs and she seemed to have completed many of them. At the time, she only had a grade of "D" and "A" in this thread. It took her 2 - 3 weeks to respond to any emails I sent, and when you're spending over $400, that can be extremely stressful.

I was courteous through the entire ordeal. Mid June passed and I asked her when they would be shipped, and she said she would send me pictures within the week and ship them out that Friday. I was skeptical and ordered back-up wigs on ebay. Of course, I never received pictures and the wigs were never shipped. A couple days before the convention, she said this: "I ship priority and should have them out ASAP. I apologize for not getting back to you before! Work has been absolutely crazy for me." That was ten days ago and I haven't received anything; not even an e-mail. I ended up using the back up wigs and styled them a bit for the con.

Pros: Quick response in the beginning, polite.
Cons: Awful communication, missed deadline completely, failed to give periodic updates, never followed through with promises.

Final Grade: D

Last edited by Usagi! : 07-22-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Usagi! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2009, 03:55 AM   #1345
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated <3
Unread 07-23-2009, 09:24 AM   #1346
The_CFR
Cosplayer/Furry

Name of Commissioner: gneila

Website/C.com gallery: http://beyondthereflection.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Sora from Kingdom Hearts 2, Everything

Links to picture(s): Will be posted soon

Timeline: May 24th- July 10th

Pros: Excellent Communicator, Very Kind and welcoming, has years of professional experience and it shows. Mistakes are fixed almost immediately

Cons: None whatsoever

Comments: Gneila is somewhat new to the cosplay commissioning scene. She's been working for years as a seamstress for various companies and as such she has a wide range of expertise. Originally she did the costumes for Katsucon's maid cafe. Her prices are excellent given her skill and she is very resourceful. She isn't too familiar with a lot of anime and games but provided the reference she can make just about anything. I wasn't entirely confident when I first met her but I can say, with confidence, that I will keep commissioning costumes from her for years to come.

Final Grade: A+ (or S)

Current cosplays!
Lucario (40% complete) - Otakon
Jubei (10% Complete) - Otakon
The_CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2009, 10:53 PM   #1347
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated! <3
Unread 07-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #1348
umbrellas

Name of Merchant: wigstylist

Item purchased: One “PP021 Copper Brown Curly Long Cosplay Party Wig”

Links to picture(s) of your received item:
http://images.cosplay.com/photos/21/2169678.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process):
Ordered on the 10th of July, received on the 23rd of July.

Pros: Lovely Wig, lovely colour (a little different than the preview picture, but I attribute that to computer screen more than image quality/tampering), great price (about 33$ Canadian), came with a free wig cap, the package was marked as a gift so I didn't need to pay customs (<3 <3 <3), wigstylist was wicked fast about giving me positive buyer feedback, very speedy- the whole process only took 13 days- and that's from Hong Kong to Canada AND best of all- FREE SHIPPING <3

Cons: Didn't tell me specifically when the item shipped, but I assumed that it was within 1-2 days after payment as was said on the item, and sure enough, it was.

umbrellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 09:54 PM   #1349
Jasette
That was awkward.

Just so you know, I got a response from Ai, and as such have altered my review:

http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...postcount=1338
Jasette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 07:01 PM   #1350
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Thanks for letting me know, Jasette :> Updated!