Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Left 4 Dead

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 197 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 07-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #346
caineyamiyasha
Riku Winter

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image..._survivors.jpg
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/arti...34589_640w.jpg

Havent heard anyone talking about the L4D-2 cosplays yet.

Ok well throwing this out there.

I am planning on cosplaying the guy in the whit T-Shirt form L4D-2 (Game comming out this October) Pretty easy design most of it is just beating up and weathering exisiting clothing.

Just wondering if anyone else is planning on making these costumes this year?
I think I just might go pick up the game in this cosplay...
caineyamiyasha is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #347
bluerob

Quote:
Originally Posted by caineyamiyasha View Post
This is awesome.

I so wish that I was going to Comic con now.

Cant wait to see pictures after the con. Good Job! First Tank cosplay I have ever seen.
I'll be posting a lot more soon with excellent views of the full body.

Wish I could post video on my profile.

There are still things I wish I could have done better. I would like to do it again but more agile. I wish Valve would just release a preview of all the new special infected already. I can't imagine what they will be like and what their special attack is.
Unread 07-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #348
caineyamiyasha
Riku Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerob View Post
I'll be posting a lot more soon with excellent views of the full body.

Wish I could post video on my profile.

There are still things I wish I could have done better. I would like to do it again but more agile. I wish Valve would just release a preview of all the new special infected already. I can't imagine what they will be like and what their special attack is.
Well I cant wait to see. You can post videos on you tube and then link the video on your profile.

That brings up a good question, How is your moveability with the costume. Can you raise your arms with the costume?

Yeah Valve is going a good job keeping the game safe. No content has been leeked so far. I cant say much about the new game, bus what I do know (from where I work) There are some of the same zombies and some more added new creatures. The most new features of the game are the weapons (Which are amazing) and the locations. The controls and such are all still the same.

Other than that I don’t know much more than that because it is not my project, but I do have some what of an inside.
caineyamiyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2009, 11:33 PM   #349
balisong-cabbie
Louis and those peelz....

Quote:
Originally Posted by craxy-nights View Post
Hey everyone! i just got back from Anime Expo, had a blast there! Our Left 4 Dead mini group went quite well!

Here's all of us:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2121154/

[We found it ironic that the one guy in the group dressed up as the one girl in L4D. Well, besides the witch of course.]

Here's me in my basically finished smoker costume:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2121148/

@ bluerob: You're officially my freakin hero. Marry me? lol

I wish we could have stayed a week more in Cali and went to Comic con. I would have seen you and shit brix.
SMOKER~! Great job. I was planning on doing the smoker costume, but went with Bill instead.

I like how you did the mask Great job:-)
balisong-cabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2009, 01:26 AM   #350
lostsummoner
random person #27

L4D-2 means another game I can't play due to no system and a crappy computer. [[Therefore, I'm stuck watching gameplay via youtube ... which is what I'm doing for L4D now. I just worry that people will tell me that I'm 'not allowed' to cosplay the characters as I don't actually play the games. [[no, I'm not jaded at all, am I?]]

Started looking for jackets to start on Zoeys outfit and all, [[i have to find 3 hoodies, as both my niece and I are doing a Zoey cosplay as a 'comfy/travel one' and she has a hinata from naruto... whatever, irrelevent lol]] it seems as though every one I've found so far is the wrong shade or the wrong size. looked at some of those tattoo sleeves to see if i could take them in to fit a tiny girl arm. It's coming along pretty well. Already have the stuff for the witch, i just need to wait for a rainy day to go out and stomp them in the mud for a while haha.

Back burner: Anima [FFX] 0% (figuring out HOW to make it ...)
Feel free to IM me about random crap, just be sure to tell me where you know me from
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
lostsummoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2009, 11:56 PM   #351
bluerob

Quote:
Originally Posted by caineyamiyasha View Post
That brings up a good question, How is your moveability with the costume. Can you raise your arms with the costume?
I don't have the full range of the tank in terms of throwing my arms around above my head, but I can bring it up a little higher than my chest. Good enough for a tank hug
Unread 07-11-2009, 12:42 AM   #352
ArcaneKani

balisong-cabbie: Damn! That really sucks that they shipped you a different looking bag like that. At least you bounced back from it, right?

Craxy-Nights: Very awesome on the Smoker! It's always nice to see some variety to L4D cosplayers. Not many have tackled the Smoker. Kudos!

Bwentali: Oh, you. You know your Francis is great, so stop all the nonsense!

caineyamiyasha: That's a start. I'm sure there will be a good amount of people cosplaying from L4D2, as it does offer some diversity to the mix. I'll be sticking with Louis for a good while, though... somethin' about those peelz...

LostSummoner: If you're able to get your hands on a car hubcap, the interior part with all the road grime is exceptional for dirtying up your clothes. Rub it in good and it will have that weathered look until you wash it (maybe even after).

Bluerob: Absolutely amazing from what I can tell thus far! You say you're on the East coast of FL? Me too! We should definitely arrange a group gathering at a future con some time.
Unread 07-11-2009, 01:35 AM   #353
bluerob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneKani View Post
Bluerob: Absolutely amazing from what I can tell thus far! You say you're on the East coast of FL? Me too! We should definitely arrange a group gathering at a future con some time.
For sure! The last FL con I went to was Megacon (3rd year in a row I missed out on Metrocon which happens in Tampa the city I live in).

I am going to try and attend some more local to FL cons. Any good suggestions ArcaneKani?

ALSO GOOD NEWS FOR LEFT 4 DEAD FANS! *I stated my want for this in a previous post, and valve delivered!*

Valve is bringing Left 4 Dead 2 to Comic-Con in San Diego! HELL YES! You know I will be marching there in full costume just to see the team.

Ahhhh...what a dream come true! I get to see L4D2 before most of civilization and show the valve l4d2 team my costume. SDCC FTW!

http://kotaku.com/5312162/valve-brin...ls-swamp-fever
Unread 07-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #354
Kitty-Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by balisong-cabbie View Post
SMOKER~! Great job. I was planning on doing the smoker costume, but went with Bill instead.

I like how you did the mask Great job:-)
Awesome! I did a Smoker cosplay awhile ago too. Originally I was going to be a Witch, but I thought "Nah! I want a giant toungue I can wrap around people!" So that's exactly what I made, a 2 metre long tounge.

It looked cool and did its job, but it was such a pain to wear! D: I love the face boil things you made there too, what did you use for em? (If I can ask?)

Edit: Uh oh, noob attack. I seem to have quoted the wrong person I believe. ):

Last edited by Kitty-Mutant : 07-13-2009 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Wrong quotage...
Kitty-Mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2009, 01:00 PM   #355
craxy-nights
AJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty-Mutant View Post
Awesome! I did a Smoker cosplay awhile ago too. Originally I was going to be a Witch, but I thought "Nah! I want a giant toungue I can wrap around people!" So that's exactly what I made, a 2 metre long tounge.

It looked cool and did its job, but it was such a pain to wear! D: I love the face boil things you made there too, what did you use for em? (If I can ask?)

Edit: Uh oh, noob attack. I seem to have quoted the wrong person I believe. ):

Haha, noob happens to everyone at some point.

The boils were basically a mask. A black, phantom of the opera like mask with little foam spheres I cut in half. Paint the entire thing, stick it on your face and voila! You're repulsive!

Lets be friends! :>

Cons I attend:

Anime Wasabi
AX
NDK

Costumes in circulation:

Taichi Yagami (Digimon Season 1)-100% Arietta the Wild (Tales of the Abyss)-100% Ness (SSBB)-100% Ritsuka (Loveless)-100% Peppita Rosetti (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)-100% Zelos Wilder (Tales of Symphonia)-100% The Smoker (Left 4 Dead)-100% Bankotsu (Inuyasha)-100% Sherlock Holmes-100% Fledge(Zelda-Skyward sword)- 100%
craxy-nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #356
Kitty-Mutant

oh that's pretty clever! I used an oldpair of tights dipped in latex haha. The problem I had though, is that I used spirit gum to stick them to my face. Which worked, but trying to peel it off after wards was seriosuly painful! xD

Did you get lots of "Eeewwww" at the convention you wore it too? xD
Kitty-Mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2009, 01:33 PM   #357
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

So I'm making the Witch. I've got a good idea on the majority of the costume I'm just really stumped on the claws. x.x What's a good way to make them?
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2009, 09:16 PM   #358
balisong-cabbie
Louis and those peelz....

Will anyone be at NYAF (New York Anime Festival) 2009. Ill decided to debut my concept version Bill.

Was suppose to be at Otakon but proves to hot because of jacket.

Hope to see some l4d'rs in NYC.
balisong-cabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #359
aquasodio

Zoey

Everyone stuff is totally awesome...

I finally did a Zoey cosplay... couldn't get anyone else for the San Diego Comic Con though... so it was just me and my friend who was Lara Croft- so we just went with it haha... I need to get a better jacket... my favorite was my pipe bomb haha...

http://aquasodio.deviantart.com/

Main Shot
aquasodio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #360
bluerob

Smile Tank Photos

I posted some of my tank cosplay photos on my blog. You can go check it out using the following link.

http://www.nerdfellowship.com/2009/0...omic-con-2009/

I'll be posting a select few on this site soon too, including making of photos. Just waiting on some friends to send me their photos.