Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 663 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-29-2009, 11:19 PM   #1351
xfallin2piecesx
Mistress of the Swords

Name of Commissioner: Sonified

Website/C.com gallery: cosplay.com commission thread

Character commissioned and series/video game: She commissioned a wig for my Sonya Blade Mortal Kombat costume.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://www.blackgoblinsnapshots.com/swim15.php

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Ordered at the beginning of July and received it on July 17.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: The wig ordered was rushed because of another fall through about three weeks before the con. She gave me a reasonable price and was willing to do the work right before the con. She was easy to get in touch with and sent me pictures of her work as the wig was being styled and cut. She was very nice and also catered to my needs to have the wig early on the first day of the convention. She was also great to just talk to as she helped me put the wig on correctly. I would highly recommend her to anyone who needs a great quality wig for a convention.

Final Grade: A+
xfallin2piecesx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-30-2009, 01:03 AM   #1352
JillV

Name of Commissioner: Amanda White, Kawaii Wigs

Characters commissioned: Utena Tenjou (Rev. Girl Utena) and Bankotsu (Inuyasha)

Timeline: Contract signed in July 2007, still have no wigs to date.

Describe your Experience: I have also been had by this scam artist. Does this story sound familiar?

In July of 2007, I commissioned 2 wigs with her, Utena and Bankotsu. I wanted to order them plenty far in advance- my need-by date was not until March 2008. Anyway, we get the contract all set, and I paid her approximately $250 for the 2 wigs. All seemed to be going well. I left her alone for quite some time, because I understand that commissioners don't like to be bothered all the time. Also, I felt reassured because she had contacted me and said she had received the materials and was starting to work on them. We got to February 2008 and I was starting to get antsy, so I asked for an update. Her response was that she was behind about a week due to a new full-time job, and was planning on shipping the wigs out the following week, pending my approval of the final pictures, of course. There were no final pictures, and there were no wigs. I never got her to answer another email after that. I even went to the trouble of finding her on here and sent her a private message. Nothing.

Do not ever use Kawaii Wigs. Amanda White will make you promises and run off with your money. Unfortunately, I had to learn that the hard way.

Final Grade: F-
JillV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 03:40 AM   #1353
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 04:09 AM   #1354
4ng31
meh.

Name of Commissioner : Cosplay1

Website/C.com gallery : http://www.cosplay1.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game : Weather Report/JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item : http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/155491/

Timeline (how long your order took to process) : April 28th - Mid July

Pros : As always, incredible craftsmanship, fit, and communication.

Cons : The only cons I can think of is one, at the beginning of the process, the material that was suggested wasn't used, and 2, the top was made as a jacket style and not a pull-over shirt...but both minor issues.

Comments : Again, perfect fit...it's hard to recommend any other commissioner to people based on what you get vs what you spend. Incredible work as always.

Final Grade : A
Unread 08-01-2009, 03:56 PM   #1355
BiZ
fantastic plastic machine

Name of Merchant: laurawu_123
Website: http://myworld.ebay.com/laurawu_123?...:X:RTQ:US:1181
Item purchased: "26" Long Pink Razor Cut Face Framing Cosplay Wig 0547"
Links to picture(s) of your received item: http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/v...Comparison.jpg
Timeline: About 9-14 days, your basic slow boat from China
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: I would not suggest buying from this eBay seller. If you haven't already looked at the sample picture, please take a gander. It is a comparison shot of the wig posted on her auction and the one that arrived at my friend's home. They are absolutely nothing alike from color, cut, fringe, style and even length. Yes, the one that arrived was 4" shorter than advertised. The seller cannot speak English to save her life and my friend is having a terrible time getting her money back. Avoid this seller if you don't want to compromise on how a costume looks. The only con might be the quality. It's a very thick wig.
Final Grade: F

Name of Merchant: Doctored Locks
Item purchased: "Silky Straight Kanekalon Braid"
Links to picture(s) of your received item: No pictures as of yet.
Timeline: 2 days
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: I had one great experience with Doctored Locks. I initially contacted this site to ask about items these people would recommend for a first attempt at wig styling. I then spent about a month going back and forth with a very nice sales representative, covering all things wig. Their responses were quick and timely. Never once did he get snippy or rude with me for taking so much of his time. When I needed a better color match, my sales representative personally matched a swatch I sent in. Their prices are reasonable, shipping isn't awful like most sites, and the services was friendly and very willing to please.
Final Grade: A+

Added some pictures to my previous post on page 87 reguarding Amphigory and ProfessionalOnly. :)

Last edited by BiZ : 08-01-2009 at 04:12 PM.
BiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 10:46 PM   #1356
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 08-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #1357
Symber

Commissioner: Amanda White
Commission: Nero wig from FF7oC

I had this happen back before Otakon 2008. I ordered the wig for Nero 5 months in advance with a need date about 3 months later. I paid around $200 for the wig and left her alone, just checking now and then for updates. She did her best to contact me and keep in touch during the first month or two, but then cut off all communication once there was nothing I could do to dispute it and get my money back.

I've actually tracked her quite a bit since then. Knowing that shes done this to so many others makes me rather angry. I wish I could do something more, but since I paid back then with Paypal from my bank acct its rather hopeless. I even toyed with the idea of small claims court, but I think I would have had to fly to Woodstock, GA where she lives to even file... and now I think I'm beyond the period I can file anyway. I'd would have been worth it since the wig cost would cover the flight and it'd cost her money in court fees.

Final Grade: F-
Symber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #1358
xxxKasumiixxx

Name of Commissioner: JENNIFER CosPlay // 1987csddlink

Website/C.com gallery: http://myworld.ebay.com/1987csddlink/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Konata Izumi (Wig only)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
I haven't gotten it yet, but this is the eBay page ( http://cgi.ebay.com/Lucky-Star-Konat...86.m20. l1116 )

Timeline (how long your order took to process):
July 2009 - Now

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
I haven't gotten it yet, and my review will be updated when I do, but this person seems really nice! After 10 days and not getting the wig, I was worried, but got an email saying that they were out of the one I bought, so they would ship a long (100 cm) one, which is much better than what I ordered!

I'm paranoid since I haven't gotten it yet, but I made sure to read all the reviews of her (negatives first.) before buying. From what I can tell, she's great at what she does, but makes mistakes (like any human would :P) now and then.

Final Grade: A+, but this might change once I get my wig. ^^;
xxxKasumiixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 12:31 PM   #1359
xxxKasumiixxx

Once I get my wig (if i ever do. im being paranoid. XD) I'll give a review of them. ^^ Mostly since no one else has posted a review of them.

EDIT
I removed my question, since I realized that I shouldn't ask it here ^^
Once I get my wig, I promise to give a review of Jennifer Cosplay.

Last edited by xxxKasumiixxx : 08-03-2009 at 04:02 PM. Reason: I needed to remove my question.
xxxKasumiixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #1360
mirrorsaber
in unknown territory

Name of Merchant: Hansku
Item purchased: resin desert eagle
Links to picture(s) of your received item:http://forceoperationsx.webs.com/mgs...ilverburgh.jpg
Timeline: Supposed to be done by Otakon but never came
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: I got ripped off. Said she was making it, responded very little with no progress pics. Never did send the item. I don't reccommend this comissioner because she will just take your money away. Still awaiting paypal dispute. THANKS A LOT!
Final Grade: F--

next costume- Just repairing/making new stuff I never tried as of now.
mirrorsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #1361
kopandari

Name of Commissioner: Smartcosplayer
Website/C.com gallery: http://myworld.ebay.com/smartcosplayer/

Character commissioned: Klan Klein from Macross Frontier.
The full costume & 1 Ragnarok online costume

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: I'll link pictures up as soon as I'm able

Timeline: May 1st - N/A for Klan, May 12th - June 16th for RO

My experience: I ordered my Klan costume May 1st & needed it for Fanime/AX.
I know, cutting it close but they assured me they could get it to me within 10 days.
After payment etc, I got my costume in about 1 week. The problem was, it didn't fit. I'd provided them with my measurements but they didn't take into account my hips are much bigger than my waist.. and the thigh opening was too small. They hadn't even asked for that measurement. The tiny Jacket fit alright though, and was well made. I contacted them, and they were apologetic. They told me to send it back and they would fix it. Alright, Confident that I received it once, I should commission 1 more thing while I still have time. I ordered something for my husband - a Ragnarok Online Arch Bishop costume. Now I wait. They missed the deadline, telling me that they apologize but they forgot about my order entirely.
While angry, there isn't much I can do but wait. They tell me a week after Fanime they sent it and provided me with a tracking number that was invalid. Then they told me it got lost in the mail, and they would send both costumes again. I'm getting nervous now. In all this time, we're emailing back and forth and they reply within 1 business day.
I finally get the RO costume.. but there are a few differences from what I specified. The color is off on the yellow and again, it's a little on the small size. I'm a dressmaking and design student and have been sewing for years. I only commissioned them because I didn't have time to make it myself.
I know how to take measurements, so I know I didn't mess up.
I got the RO costume but my Klan costume was not with it.
AX comes and goes, I do not have my costume. They swear they're going to remake it and send it again - apologetic the whole time. They provide me with a working tracking number but this time.. it never reaches me. If I check all it says is "Foreign acceptance" but it's undelivered. It got lost/or stuck in customs.
I let them know what happened and they claim if I don't get my costume within 10 days they will refund me. That was June 28th. I still don't have my costume, they no longer return my emails or messages through ebay. It's been too long so I can't leave feedback/dispute it through ebay or paypal. Despite escalating it through paypal, they told me they flat out will not investigate it due to the time. I would never order through them again What a waste of time and money.

Final Grade: D- at least I got half of what I ordered and it was nice quality..
kopandari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 06:08 AM   #1362
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated <3
Unread 08-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #1363
Alorelle
Natsu ★ Game

Name of Commissioner: carinachong / KIDS-Charissa

Website/C.com Gallery: http://myworld.ebay.ca/carinachong/

Character Commissioned: (1) Hitman Reborn Dino 10 Year Wig, (1) Lucky Star Takara Wig, (1) 85cm Pink Colour Wig.

Pictures of Comissioned Items: I'll upload them soon. C: I'm just waiting for my camera to finish getting fixed !

Timeline: Contacted her about four days before my order and emailed me back all in the same day.
Ordered them July 19th, got here August 3th.

Describe Your Experience: I am very nervous when it comes to ordering wigs, so I like to ask alot of questions about them before I actually buy them. Carina was so nice about everything! She answered all my questions ASAP and let me even design my own wig and pick the colour. C: Needless to say I was very impressed, and she gained my trust as a future comissioner for me quickly!
I placed my order and they got here a little over two weeks. When I opened the package, I was completely blown away with them. They are GORGEOUS ! The best wigs I have ever bought, without a doubt !

Pros: Answers all your questions quickly. Lets you change things about wigs she has up, and even design your own. You can change the colour from what the original colour is on the picture. Shipping was pretty fast.

Cons: The only con I can think I had with Carina was that she didn't speak English very well. Despite that, she really did try to answer all your questions the best she could. It just took a couple more emails to get her to understand what you were actually asking if you were asking about multiple wigs. P:

Comments: Her wigs, like I said before, are stunning. I love them ! They really beat every other wig I've seen! I won't hesitate to recommend her to anyone in the future, and I know all of my future wigs are definitely all being purchased from her !

Final Grade: A+. If there is a grade higher, then she would get that.

MTAC :: Ino :: ???
Alorelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2009, 12:00 AM   #1364
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 08-11-2009, 08:56 AM   #1365
nissa

Updated my review; post 1330
nissa is offline   Reply With Quote