Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Left 4 Dead

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 4.79 average.
Unread 07-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #361
balisong-cabbie
Louis and those peelz....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerob View Post
I posted some of my tank cosplay photos on my blog. You can go check it out using the following link.

http://www.nerdfellowship.com/2009/0...omic-con-2009/

I'll be posting a select few on this site soon too, including making of photos. Just waiting on some friends to send me their photos.
I'm spelling A-W-E-S-O-M-E = AWESOME!

Good stuff man you ran to other fellow L4d'rs
balisong-cabbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #362
bluerob

Thanks

It was really cool to walk around and get all the fans to freak out over.

My favorite thing to do though was dance around in it. Also, I would stand on the street corner, and just stare at people, which freaks out some people.
Unread 07-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #363
balisong-cabbie

Got my plastic beer bottle from the concert I was at. I should have gotten more but this seems like a easy one time mod. Will post soon along with First Aid Kit mod.....

Flaming zombies and tanks beware :-P
Unread 07-29-2009, 05:43 PM   #364
balisong-cabbie

Ok so I removed label an adhesive from the bottle. Does any one have the printout of the label of the molotov in the game?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg molotovphoto.jpg (168.2 KB, 0 views)
Unread 08-02-2009, 03:20 AM   #365
alicia-nazir

Just finished and debuted my Hunter cosplay.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/241395/
alicia-nazir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2009, 04:06 AM   #366
FlayD

Hey everyone! I'm new here.

Anyways, I've got a zombie lurch coming up, and I was thinking of doing a smoker costume. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on getting this done. I have to find a solution to both the tongue and the cysts on the face.

My for the face is to use a combination of semi-inflated water baloons, liquid latex and a cheap arts-and-crafts mask. I'll apply most of the latex and so on over the mask, and then once it's needed I can blend it in to my skin using a few more layers around the edges.

I have no clue how to do the tongue...
FlayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #367
balisong-cabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlayD View Post
Hey everyone! I'm new here.

Anyways, I've got a zombie lurch coming up, and I was thinking of doing a smoker costume. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on getting this done. I have to find a solution to both the tongue and the cysts on the face.

My for the face is to use a combination of semi-inflated water baloons, liquid latex and a cheap arts-and-crafts mask. I'll apply most of the latex and so on over the mask, and then once it's needed I can blend it in to my skin using a few more layers around the edges.

I have no clue how to do the tongue...
You can by hose in the plumbing aisle of home depot and paint red or use a long red cloth stuffed with something for the tounge.

as for your mask with cysts/boils you can do he mask but instead of using baloons, foam it up with great stuff.

That was my route for smoker cosplay and still on that route....
Unread 08-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #368
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuxieChan View Post
So I'm making the Witch. I've got a good idea on the majority of the costume I'm just really stumped on the claws. x.x What's a good way to make them?
Sorry for bumping this but I could really use some help/suggestions.
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 04:58 AM   #369
Hurrazinator

This thread has been an amazing source of inspiration and information for my Zoey cosplay. Once I get things a little bit more put together, I'd love to get some feedback from all of you!
Hurrazinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 01:57 AM   #370
NinjaSquirrel
The Ninja Squirrel

@Knuzxie: All I can say is that for the Witch's claws, some cosplayer used latex gloves actually to make it blend to the skin in a way. All I've seen so far people have made their claws out of cardboard, and spray-painted. I would recommend asking PikminLink who I have seen so far, with amazing work. Ask her.

Though I am going to be making claws in the future myself, and this is what I've came up. Getting the right color gloves and then using foam, crafts foam, and make somewhat a triangle cone, and having a copper wire in it, to reinforce it, so it won't be flimsy. Basically hot gluing each of the foams onto the fingers of the gloves, with the copper wiring in it, and voila. Thats what I've thought of so far.

@Flay: I don't think you should go all out so much on the mask with balloons. It would make it more realistic while poking at the welts, but its up to you. I've made my friend's smoker mask and I made it with the plastic masks (Jabbowokeez ring a bell?) and cut it at a certain portion, then hot gluing foam balls, which I cut in half to make the warts. And cutting the foam balls in half, doubles your amount of foam balls.

@Hurraz: I really can't wait to see your Zoey Best of luck.

Future Cons:
-Tekkoshocon '10
-SacAnime Summer '10
NinjaSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 02:19 AM   #371
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSquirrel View Post
@Knuzxie: All I can say is that for the Witch's claws, some cosplayer used latex gloves actually to make it blend to the skin in a way. All I've seen so far people have made their claws out of cardboard, and spray-painted. I would recommend asking PikminLink who I have seen so far, with amazing work. Ask her.

Though I am going to be making claws in the future myself, and this is what I've came up. Getting the right color gloves and then using foam, crafts foam, and make somewhat a triangle cone, and having a copper wire in it, to reinforce it, so it won't be flimsy. Basically hot gluing each of the foams onto the fingers of the gloves, with the copper wiring in it, and voila. Thats what I've thought of so far.
I did email her about two weeks ago. No response so far. ._.

I was thinking of using the rubber witch fingers they sell at the Halloween stores and just painting them over, like the girl for the Left5Dead shoot did.

That's not a bad idea though, about the gloves.
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2009, 08:39 PM   #372
Sinner_Chrono

I just finished building my cosplay a week ago, it will debut at Ikasucon 09 in Ft. Wayne Indiana, hope to see other L4D cosplayers there...
Sinner_Chrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 01:45 PM   #373
NinjaSquirrel
The Ninja Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuxieChan View Post
I did email her about two weeks ago. No response so far. ._.

I was thinking of using the rubber witch fingers they sell at the Halloween stores and just painting them over, like the girl for the Left5Dead shoot did.

That's not a bad idea though, about the gloves.
Yea those work too, but if your looking for the long creepy ones, then try my glove idea. I haven't gotten to test it out yet because I haven't gotten all the materials yet. There was another witch who has done it with LONG nails. Oh! Let me give you the link where I bought my hunter nails. But since you ACTUALLY have to attach them to your nails, not sure if you want them but a suggestion.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-cosplay-CL...c0 .m14.l1262

Future Cons:
-Tekkoshocon '10
-SacAnime Summer '10
NinjaSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #374
Mastrpuppt

Hey everyone...So I was just wondering...

I'm gonna take my own crack at a hunter cosplay and could anyone please drop me a tip or a tutorila or anything on how i get my skin that color/zombified?
Mastrpuppt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #375
ArcaneKani

Bluerob: As stated before, your Tank is phenomenal! I have no idea what cons I'll be attending in the upcoming future, though. Maybe Megacon?

Flay D: I'd ask some of the people that have already done a Smoker about pointers with the tongue. It would be awesome if you found a way to make it look all glossy and slimy.

KnuxieChan:Perhaps you can use something like http://www.funfancydress.com/witch-gloves-3d.html as a base and go from there?

Mastrpuppet: Have you tried inquiring in the make-up thread? I'm almost sure you can come across some make-up hints for zombie flesh!