Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-05-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
disco_spok

M2F Tights to hide Leg hair

I've searched around and the general consensus seems to be just man up and shave. Unfortunately after doing a test patch on my thigh I've come to learn that my legs are not so fond of shaving. So I want to use tights.

So I need some advice on what type to get and where. I tried the basic dance tights but they are too thin even with a pair of pantyhose overtop and trimmed leg hair. I was thinking I might get better results with the Microfiber dance tights. Any thoughts or additional Input?

I'm doing Rosette from Chrono Crusade
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Hv-1mLTN7l...00/Rosette.jpg
disco_spok is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-05-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
Leradny
"The Cool Joint"

What kind of dance tights did you get? In my experience, products from the bigger companies like Capezio or Bloch are more expensive but of much higher quality. These tights are specifically for men and made of dyable microfiber, so you can just get the white and dye it the approximate shade.

You might also try leggings, which are a lot thicker than even dance tights, but you'll probably have to dye those as well.
Leradny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 01:33 PM   #3
o01101011
Just call me Digit

Another option is to try something like nair or (my preference) Veet which is a hair removal cream since you said you had bad luck with shaving.
o01101011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #4
thewerewolf

I buy 4$ tights at wallmart in nude than wear a fishnet or colored hose over it .. covers up my dark leg hair completely female friends for the longest time thought i shaved ..
thewerewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 06:31 PM   #5
Kelley
Devil of Details

Problems from shaving usually happen because...

1. Dry shaving. This will usually create red bumps.
2. Shaving with a dull or, oddly, too sharp blade - you have to use it a few times before it's "perfect", I find.
3. You didn't lather your legs with anything before shaving - this will cause pretty much the same problem as #1. You want there to be soap / bath shaving gel or cream on your leg when you're shaving.
4. Shaving the wrong way. You'll have to find a way that works for you. Some people will say never shave against the lay or the hair - but I find that precisely that works for me. You'll figure it out.
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 03:28 AM   #6
twilightsezuka

be VERY CAREFUL with some of the foam type hair removing products if you have sensitive skin! I tried a few different kinds and got chemical burns from all of them ;_; luckily they were small and around my ankles and only took about a year-ish to heal but still they were very painful. If I were u I would try shaving with an electric razor the day of your cosplay and if you are still not satisfied you can cover up what remains with tights and you should be fine.
twilightsezuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 07:34 AM   #7
CaseyLynch
Guitar Hero

Get Hue from amazon.com, they are amazingly comfortable, you won't even feel them, don't buy crappy pantyhose, you'll regret how much they itch.
CaseyLynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 12:36 AM   #8
baby_blue_789
Mireya Milan

hmmm i speak from experience i personally wouldnt use nair cuz it burs sooooo much i would definetly just use veet it is way better!!! get the blue bottle its the best put it on and leave it on for about 7 to 10 minutes even though it says 3. but the best thing is it doesnt burn and you dont even have to trim the hair before you put the veet on. I LOVE IT works miracles lol
baby_blue_789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 12:15 PM   #9
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

Ever thought about Capezio or Danskin tights?
Unread 08-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #10
disco_spok

Ended up with the Caprezio skate tights and they are perfect and the xl size actually fits me where most xl are super tight.
disco_spok is offline   Reply With Quote