Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 67 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 07-20-2009, 06:47 PM   #211
Peppermint Bee
Frazzled & Dazzled

@Tatsu: Hm, for that costume I would go ahead and keep the revealed hip, but most importantly add SHOULDER PADS to that outfit. A lot of girls seem to be iffy about the whole shoulder pads thing, but trust me they definitely add to the masculinity. Guys shoulders are ALWAYS significantly wider than their hips. (And fortunately that character has a sort of effeminant look to him, so showing off the hips and keeping some femmininity probably won't be that bad.)

@Sweet Oneesama: Yeah yeah, I empathize with you there. Oh man, KH2 Riku is going to be a PAIN to pull off a convincing crossplay. Dx His shoulders are bare so you can't use shoulder pads, and his midriff is exposed (a little) so you can't pad your waist... hrmm...

My only inexperienced advice would be to wear those tight spandex slimming shorts underneath, and wear really really baggy pants, set low on your waist. Then do pushups like no tomorow. xD Good luck, good luck! (Big skater-shoes will also help with the illusion, I think.)
Peppermint Bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-20-2009, 07:02 PM   #212
Tatsu-chan

hey thats an it not a him!
lol but yeah I have a pair of shoulder pads just for that
Tatsu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #213
Impure_Impulse
Parking Lot Undresser

I suppose I'm lucky, in that my shoulders are the widest part of my body, but even I wear shoulder pads, and second them to everyone. They're very effective, even if you have large hips.
Impure_Impulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2009, 12:29 AM   #214
pretty women

For Women: Less Hips and Butt / Lower Waist / More Shoulders

I'm not sure if anyone has said this, since I skipped two whole pages, but what I have to say is about this weight issue.

For girls who are still developing, it isn't always genetics that gives you your curves. It also goes with all the fat that you eat. The fat that isn't burnt off is used to fill out your "girly parts" (boobs/hips/butt), you can loose the extra fat though. As of how, I don't know. Though if you don't want your boobs to get bigger don't do what they did in Grease. (heels of hands together and push, it works out your muscles). Eat healthier girls!
Unread 07-23-2009, 01:00 AM   #215
Kelley
Devil of Details

Actually, I don't want to be a downer - but I don't think that's really true.

The BONES in women's hips are on average wider than men's - and no amount of not eating will prevent this unless I guess you're malnourished to the point your body doesn't develop - but I don't know if that would actually work (nor would I actually recommend it).

HORMONES play a HUGE part in how the body stores fat. Diet will not change this unless there are significant levels of hormones in it.

Genetics always play a part. :B

The body WANTS to store fat and doing so is HEALTHY. If you are predisposed to having larger breasts - they are NOT going to go away with diet or exercise.

And it would be VERY unwise for a developing anybody to try body modification via diet without doctor supervision. And if someone that young is that dead-set on it, they should be seeing a psychologist, anyway.
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2009, 03:35 PM   #216
Peppermint Bee
Frazzled & Dazzled

I disagree with Pretty Woman and have to agree with OurLadyC.

Women come in lots of shapes, the main three being "apple" shaped (weight tends to go to the torso), "pear" shaped (weight on the hips/butt/thighs), and then this third sort of "column" shape where the weight distributes itself really evenly between the bust, waist, and butt (this last one isn't as commmon).

It doesn't really matter how much or how little a person eats, genetics will put weight gained into a pre-determined location for every girl. Sure you can tone everything down with exercise, but no matter what you do to your size, your basic shape will remain consistent. So learn to love it! ;D ((Hip wiggle.))

This thread seems to be targeting more of the pear shaped cosplayers, like me with the flat-flat chest and bubble-butt. I'm not really concerned about my weight for cosplay, so I'm taking tips for creating the "illusion" of a man's figure, whether it's what to wear or how to stand!

Last edited by Peppermint Bee : 07-24-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Unread 07-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #217
playmysitardemy
Hahahaha......wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmysitardemy View Post
I'm planning to crosplay Zack Fair from Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core. I think the snug shirt won't but much of a problem since I'm a small bust size anyway. The problem however lies in the bottom half. I have a "j-Lo" ass and even though Zack's pants are a bit baggy, I'm not sure it will be covered since he has a belt/harness that pulls his waist in more. My posture is pretty manish to begin with (always prefered hanging out with boys and play wrestle rather than sit with girls and play dolls). I also have slender shoulders and i'm short (5'2" at the most). Would I be alright or does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks
Okay, I gave Zack a try and even though the actual outfit fell apart (the harness but I only had a couple days to work on it!) I think I did a bang up job of looking like a guy. Well, as good as I can being the big butt thing but then again, friends of mine have a debate Zack has a bit of a "ghetto booty" anyway XD but enough rambling, here's my attempt, tell me if I pass or fail? Here's the gallery:

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/227050/

Thanks to anyone in advanced!
playmysitardemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009, 11:50 PM   #218
Tatsu-chan

oh yeah you did, your favce still looks a little too feminine but your body looks great! I think its especially cause you have the bottome of that harnessey thing so low
Tatsu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #219
Peppermint Bee
Frazzled & Dazzled

@PlayMySitarDemy: Oh wow, nice job hiding your figure! The binding is very convincing and I agree with Tatsu: by putting the harness so low you could hide the difference between your little waist and hips.

To further the illusion of masculinity, I'd recommend getting a big Zack wig and using make-up to emphasize your jawline and cheekbones, as well as maybe thicken up your eyebrows. Bodywise you did a great job, though. :)
Unread 07-30-2009, 01:21 AM   #220
playmysitardemy

Thanks a lot for the imput! I was really worried since for someone reason people kept saying Cloud. >.< Anyway, yes, I'm going to get a wig and the makeup thing will be improved since I was working with what little I had in the hotel (wasn't planning on going to this con XD). But once I remake it, I'll put more pics up. Thanks again!
Unread 08-13-2009, 12:50 PM   #221
Aka-x
Caboose on the fag train

Tchhh~
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...kwing_dias.jpg
Any ideas how someone who's 5'1 could pull that off?
xD

RAZZY!!!

Most precious and beautiful thing ever!
the nicest person you'll ever meet, the most hilarious and fun person on earth!~

/This account was hacked by JJ

xXDeviantart xXx YoutubeXx

Aka-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #222
playmysitardemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka-x View Post
Tchhh~
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...kwing_dias.jpg
Any ideas how someone who's 5'1 could pull that off?
xD
Well, size isn't a really big factor in any cosplay I think. If you look at my Zack, who's about 6' 2" ish, I look alright, or at least I think so. Yes, there's a reason I say that, I'm about 5' 1"-2"! I would mostly concentrate on makep to give a manlier look and binding if you're big chested If you think height is ABSOLUTELY necessary, try platform boots. I have a pair for my Demyx cosplay and it gives me a good four extra inches. Hope that helps!
Unread 08-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #223
Kurenekochic

If I'm cosplaying a young boy- to be specific a 12 year old, to be more specific Ciel from Kuroshitsuji- do I need to modify my figure (besides the binding- you know ^_~)? I don't really think so, but I was just making sure.
Unread 08-13-2009, 11:47 PM   #224
Peppermint Bee
Frazzled & Dazzled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurenekochic View Post
If I'm cosplaying a young boy- to be specific a 12 year old, to be more specific Ciel from Kuroshitsuji- do I need to modify my figure (besides the binding- you know ^_~)? I don't really think so, but I was just making sure.
I adore Ciel. What a fun cosplay!

It's hard to say how much you'd have to alter since I don't know what you look like, but you would want kind of a "boxy" type of figure, where the bust, waist, and hips are about the same size. That would mean making sure that your jacket isn't too tight! (Or even padding your waist a little, depending on how curvy you are.

You'd also want to shave those legs so you look as smooth as a twelve year old! xD

I would love to do Ciel myself someday, but I feel like it would be too hard to make my badonkadonk booty look like a little boy's in those shorts he's always wearing. Alas...
Unread 08-19-2009, 10:54 PM   #225
Kurenekochic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermint Bee View Post
I adore Ciel. What a fun cosplay!

It's hard to say how much you'd have to alter since I don't know what you look like, but you would want kind of a "boxy" type of figure, where the bust, waist, and hips are about the same size. That would mean making sure that your jacket isn't too tight! (Or even padding your waist a little, depending on how curvy you are.

You'd also want to shave those legs so you look as smooth as a twelve year old! xD

I would love to do Ciel myself someday, but I feel like it would be too hard to make my badonkadonk booty look like a little boy's in those shorts he's always wearing. Alas...
Well, I don't have much of a booty- or chest- so my biggest problem would be my hips, but if I wore a looser jacket I should be fine... right?