Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-04-2009, 12:31 AM   #121
Mekou
Meow~

I have so many BoF costumes that are on my dream list. Ursula, Momo, Teepo, Mami

I was plotting to make Ursula this year, but opted for something from another game series that I love.

Mami is probably the one that I REALLY want to do, and I'm sure no one will know who I am. XD

Anime North 2013
- Fionna (Adventure Time)
- GT Jade (Homestuck)

--
Con/Event Photos / CosplayLab / DeviantArt / Tumblr
Mekou is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-04-2009, 12:04 PM   #122
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

I would LOVE to do Ursula. Unfortunately, she's not in my foreseeable future. You should do Ursula, BoF4 needs more love, it seems everyone's mostly stuck on 2.

Not that I blame them, but I really love BoF4.
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #123
LaPetiteSalope
I approve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envel View Post
Oh oh oh progress pic time! XD

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a92...rrent=BLEU.jpg

That's what she looks like right now. Like I said, I still have to make the staff and finish the airbrush and latex on the tail, as well as refit the tunic and cincher, but so far I'm pleased with the progress. I wish I had a better picture, you can't see the jewels or detailing on the bracelets and cincher here.

I won't be wearing her again any earlier than next Ohayo con. I've got a lot going on this summer and my cosplay plans are booked solid through fall, so I'm hoping this winter to make the staff and touch up on everything I mentioned, provided I don't have some bits of free time between now and then to work on it.

The tail is actually a hoopskirt that I fashioned entirely from scratch, and the dragging part of the tail is another hoopskirt that I also made and attached to the first hoopskirt. Everything was padded and shaped with stuffing, batting, and bits of fleece to try and get it to the right shape, then covered with a spandex and suede cover, airbrushed and latexed to give it the multigreen looking effect. I definitely worked on my leg muscles walking around in that thing!

Aaand as I said I'm working on Shaman Nina as well. I've got the fabric for her offwhitegreenish dress and the contrast and collar that go with it (cuz it was on salez lol) and I'm working on the pattern for the zigzaggedwtfizzit around her waist in between other projects.
:x The tail looks amazing! You did a great job on the color gradient! It must have been hot walking in that ><
I can't wait to see your Shaman Nina!

yeah I grew up playing BOF II as well. Super Nintendo FTW!

Last edited by LaPetiteSalope : 03-04-2009 at 04:46 PM.
LaPetiteSalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 12:57 AM   #124
LordDraco3
On a mission

I was also someone who grew up with the BoF games. The original is still my favorite game ever, so I would love to make Ryu from 1, his dragon from 5, and Elyon.
LordDraco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #125
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

I now have scales...Feathers... Whatever you want to call those things that go across Nina's skirt. 81 of them to be exact. I need more, actually, but I ran out of metallic spandex. Hurf hurf. Guess I'll be ordering more soon. =B

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92...o/DSC00298.jpg
Unread 05-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #126
Chibi Lenne
Ghoulia

Bleu is one of my dream costumes, I think the thing that is stumping me at this moment is her tail X_x

2015 Cosplay Plans
Queen Odette / surprise?? / Madam Vastra
Follow me on Facebook for more updates
Costume Con 35 Will be RETURNING to Toronto 2017!!
Chibi Lenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #127
MajinCrystalia
Tactical Horror Espionage

Where has this thread been all my life!?

I definatley want to cosplay BOF1 Ryu or BoF3 Teen/Adult Ryu.

-=Foxhound=-
"we do it for the lulz"
MajinCrystalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2009, 02:36 PM   #128
darylchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envel View Post
Oh oh oh progress pic time! XD

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a92...rrent=BLEU.jpg

That's what she looks like right now. Like I said, I still have to make the staff and finish the airbrush and latex on the tail, as well as refit the tunic and cincher, but so far I'm pleased with the progress. I wish I had a better picture, you can't see the jewels or detailing on the bracelets and cincher here.

I won't be wearing her again any earlier than next Ohayo con. I've got a lot going on this summer and my cosplay plans are booked solid through fall, so I'm hoping this winter to make the staff and touch up on everything I mentioned, provided I don't have some bits of free time between now and then to work on it.

The tail is actually a hoopskirt that I fashioned entirely from scratch, and the dragging part of the tail is another hoopskirt that I also made and attached to the first hoopskirt. Everything was padded and shaped with stuffing, batting, and bits of fleece to try and get it to the right shape, then covered with a spandex and suede cover, airbrushed and latexed to give it the multigreen looking effect. I definitely worked on my leg muscles walking around in that thing!
How in the heck do you walk in that? Is the bottom of the vertical portion open to the ground or something? (It's absolutely AWESOME, btw. So is your Devil Katt.)

Also, I think my brain just imploded at the sight of Amethyst Angel's Shamanized Nina. I can't even begin to imagine how long that took to put together.

If I was thinner and not so pale, I would totally do a Karn/Danc costume. Smartass thief needs more love!
darylchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2009, 08:44 PM   #129
Quiet Lady

Wow! I thought no one cosplayed Breath of Fire anymore, yay!

I plan to cosplay Momo from BoF3 and Ursula from BoF4 someday, it's still a kind of distant dream... but I really love the characters!
I will do it someday!
Quiet Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #130
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylchan View Post
How in the heck do you walk in that? Is the bottom of the vertical portion open to the ground or something? (It's absolutely AWESOME, btw. So is your Devil Katt.)

Also, I think my brain just imploded at the sight of Amethyst Angel's Shamanized Nina. I can't even begin to imagine how long that took to put together.

If I was thinner and not so pale, I would totally do a Karn/Danc costume. Smartass thief needs more love!

Yes, it's open at the bottom so I can walk. XD I still need to re-aibrush the tail, I'm wanting to take her to OhayoCon next year.

SHAMAN NINA PROGRESS: PETTICOAT OF CHILD EATING DOOM:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92...o/DSC00559.jpg

I have the overskirt patterned out, I just need to get it sewn together so I can start working on the pleated/zigzaggy purple skirt... Corset... whatever you want to call it monster.
Unread 07-29-2009, 12:48 AM   #131
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

I love Breath of Fire 2. I really want to make Katt, but I'm just not that skilled yet. I may eventually try and make Valerie (Ryu's mom) or Patty. I just have to talk myself into making those wings. I always thought it would be fun to do a group of shamans as well.

Cosplays: Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Rikku (FFX, Berserker, Black Mage, Samurai, Songstress, Detroit Red Wings, Dark Knight), Catwoman, Astrid (HTTYD), Sango (Inuyasha), Daenerys, Elsa (Frozen)

Possible planned cosplays:
Melima331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #132
MJ-Battle

I would love to make a Scias cosplay, considering I'm tall and lanky like him. He was a fun character to have in the party. Not too bright though......
Unread 07-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #133
MajinCrystalia
Tactical Horror Espionage

How about Super Sayjin Ryu....wait....I mean the Ultimate Form Ryu from 3...

-=Foxhound=-
"we do it for the lulz"
MajinCrystalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #134
mewtwo2222
Hayley Elise

Bump for this thread, also looking for a little advice

I've added Dragon Quarter Nina as a last minute cosplay, and I was wondering what you guys think is a good fabric to use?
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/bo...px-NinaBF5.jpg
I would like to keep some sort of transparency, but not too transparent and floaty...
Thanks! <3
mewtwo2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #135
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92...o/DSC00564.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92...o/DSC00563.jpg

Woo, Nina's wings are made! Now I just have to dye them. I'll be doing the gradient next week after D*C, I've still got to mix the dye, but I'm really excited about how they're going to look. I've also got to remember to take the panel that covers the backpiece pipes. They're not too pretty. XP

As for Dragon Quarter Nina, to keep it transparent but not too sheer, I'd try something like georgette. It's like chiffon, but not as sheer. It also drapes very well, so it won't be floaty, since you didn't want it to be floaty. Or did you want it to be floaty? Your wording was confusing.

But anyway, I'd use georgette because it has some transparency, but you'll definitely not want to go too sheer if you want to stay con legal. =P