Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > MikomiCon

Unread 09-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #16
Mochan 8D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSinisterLove View Post
wow, you'll definitely stand out! I'll take pictures for sure if no one else comes along to take pictures of you guys. you'll have to tell me about the game, its been recomended to me but i havent checked it out yet

That would be awesomeness! lol, i'm excited!
and we will definitely tell you about the game :3
thank you for the photo opportunity, by the way
misuzu kamio [100%]
kururu from air gear [99%]
witch from l4d [100%]

Mochan 8D is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-08-2009, 03:30 AM   #17
SpookyElectric
Vanship Pilot

I'll be around, though I'm not sure which days. Saturday is most likely. I plan to cosplay, but I think my primary focus this event will be photography since the location & atmosphere are pretty conducive to it.

If anyone's curious, here are pics I took last year.
Also, here's what series I'm into (on MAL, with rankings), and thus most interested in photographing. Especially any Range Murata or Hyung Tae Kim character designs, as well as steampunk & neo-victorian type fashion/character designs. (So, TheSinisterLove, I'd be interested in your Elfen Lied group. But KKM's not so interesting unless Yuuri's willing to get dunked in a toilet.)

So, if anyone wants me to look out for them, let me know.

Last edited by SpookyElectric : 09-08-2009 at 05:02 AM.
SpookyElectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2009, 11:44 PM   #18
PhantomShadow
Honk Connoisseur

Quote:
the only proffessionalism i look for is that the photographer is able to maintain themselves with dignity and not try to take advantage of any situations with their model. But then again, this is standard decency really.

If you're looking to take pictures, I'd be glad to have you help my friends and I.
I'd love to help. I'll have my new SLR by then so, just give me a time and place and I'll be there.
Unread 09-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #19
Rin Kitsune

Yo! On on Saturday I'd really like to do a shoot for both me and my friend Lauren, as we'll be cosplaying as Vexen(me)and Marluxia(her), and/or later Saturday I'll be Mello along with my friend Katie who will be my Matt(Death Note of course haha).

I think you doing this is a great idea! And if I had a camera I'd help out...
Unread 09-10-2009, 06:18 PM   #20
LonelyOtaku

Sure...I'd like to participate in this. I'll have plenty of time.
LonelyOtaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 06:31 PM   #21
Fremen
Photog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyOtaku View Post
Hi Otaku, are you a photographer or cosplayer or hybrid? lol
Currently attending Anime LA, Anime Expo, PMX and Anime Conji
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 09:24 AM   #22
TheSinisterLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyElectric View Post
I'll be around, though I'm not sure which days. Saturday is most likely. I plan to cosplay, but I think my primary focus this event will be photography since the location & atmosphere are pretty conducive to it.

If anyone's curious, here are pics I took last year.
Also, here's what series I'm into (on MAL, with rankings), and thus most interested in photographing. Especially any Range Murata or Hyung Tae Kim character designs, as well as steampunk & neo-victorian type fashion/character designs. (So, TheSinisterLove, I'd be interested in your Elfen Lied group. But KKM's not so interesting unless Yuuri's willing to get dunked in a toilet.)

So, if anyone wants me to look out for them, let me know.
I'm impressed you know of the show KKM. I really do want to get a toilette series of Yuuri. Think we can find generic enough looking people around to have them pose as the bullies for a shoot like that? I'm game and i'm sure i can bully my Yuuri into it.

As for Elfen Lied, i love the costume and will have pictures taken of it whenever i have the chance.
TheSinisterLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 09:24 AM   #23
TheSinisterLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyOtaku View Post
hey... your icon... is this ROMY??? we'll take pictures and catch up on stuff!
Unread 09-11-2009, 09:26 AM   #24
TheSinisterLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomShadow View Post
I'd love to help. I'll have my new SLR by then so, just give me a time and place and I'll be there.
I dont know what that is, but I have a feeling its going to be fun for picture taking. Hmm.... in front of the dealers hall, on saturday, at 1? And if you see me walking around before then, in either cosplay, feel free to shout out and we'll see if we can just do something right then and there.
Unread 09-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #25
TheSinisterLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin Kitsune View Post
Yo! On on Saturday I'd really like to do a shoot for both me and my friend Lauren, as we'll be cosplaying as Vexen(me)and Marluxia(her), and/or later Saturday I'll be Mello along with my friend Katie who will be my Matt(Death Note of course haha).

I think you doing this is a great idea! And if I had a camera I'd help out...
I'm so glad people are picking this up. I was worried this would sink to the bottom and no one would look at it. If you dont get stocked up with tons of pictures, when I see you around I'll do a photoshoot.
Unread 09-11-2009, 09:28 AM   #26
TheSinisterLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochan 8D View Post
That would be awesomeness! lol, i'm excited!
and we will definitely tell you about the game :3
thank you for the photo opportunity, by the way
No problem. My cousin is a total zombie phanatic, so I know i'm going to need to get a ton of good shots especially for her.
Unread 09-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #27
Rin Kitsune

Quote:
I'm so glad people are picking this up. I was worried this would sink to the bottom and no one would look at it. If you dont get stocked up with tons of pictures, when I see you around I'll do a photoshoot.
Aww! Thanks! Love you Wolfy ^.^
Unread 09-11-2009, 06:11 PM   #28
henna_nyo
Lolita-in-Training

@Sinister: Haha, yeah, that is Romy.

Anyhoo! I'd love to participate in this! Probably as both a cosplayer and a photographer. ^^; My camera isn't that great(regular digicam) but I've done a couple of photoshoots for some friends and it seemed they liked the pictures I took for them. ^^;, (with their cams, lol. D: )

I'll likely only be going on Saturday, so...yeah. x.x Either as Shiraume from Air Gear or Time Jump Hinata from Naruto.

Outfits:
* Sweet Lolita 1 ♫ 70% *
* Sweet Lolita B 1 ♫ 100% * √
* Sweet Lolita M 2 ♫ 70% *
* Sweet Lolita B 3 ♫ 50% *
* Sweet Lolita DC 4 ♫ 100% * √

Cosplays:
* Shiraume "Ume" Noyamano ♪ Air Gear ⌂ 100% √ [Thank you, Mel!♥] *
* Hyuuga Hinata ♪ Naruto Shippuuden ⌂ 100% √ *

Planned Cosplays
* Dejiko º Di Gi Charat *
henna_nyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #29
TheSinisterLove

Heres The Plan!

I want to schedule an actual date and time for us all to meet up together so EVERYONE can have pictures and get pictures taken, etc. Think of it as a photo taking party. hahahah! >D

When:
---Friday at 3:00pm
---Saturday at 10:00 am
--- Sunday at 10:00am
---(I'm open to compromise if anyone has suggestions)

Where:
--- In the center of the convention, where music is played and there are many tables with umbrellas around. I'll try to be as easily noticeable as possible.
--- Once we all meet up, we'll start moving around campus finding great spots for photoshoots so that EVERYONE can have a great set for getting some really good pictures.

Plan:
--- If we have one of these gatherings every day, then the cosplayers should be able to get a photoshoot of most of their costumes, and the photographers can get a really wide variety of characters. Also, if anyone misses one of the days, they'll still have another chance.
--- Traveling around in a group should make us feel less awkward should other students be wandering around campus, raising their brows... strength in numbers right?
--- I know and love the CSUN campus and cant wait to bring people to the settings that bet support their characters!
--- Please please please keep in touch with the people you take pictures of. I'll try to bring a note pad to make sure everyone exchanges information, but i really want to make sure everyone gets to see the pictures that are taken of them.
Unread 09-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #30
TheSinisterLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by henna_nyo View Post
@Sinister: Haha, yeah, that is Romy.

Anyhoo! I'd love to participate in this! Probably as both a cosplayer and a photographer. ^^; My camera isn't that great(regular digicam) but I've done a couple of photoshoots for some friends and it seemed they liked the pictures I took for them. ^^;, (with their cams, lol. D: )

I'll likely only be going on Saturday, so...yeah. x.x Either as Shiraume from Air Gear or Time Jump Hinata from Naruto.
I'm pleased with how many people are planning to participate in this. I hope you can make it to the gathering time on saturday so you can take pictures and have pictures taken of you.