Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Taiwan

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-31-2009, 01:13 AM   #1
Meitachi

Wig Shops in Taiwan

Hopefully this can be a compilation of the decent wig shops in Taiwan. I've only shopped at one before, and have had decent success with it. Their prices are slightly lower than some of the US ones, but not by much. The quality is wonderful. Anyways, here it is:

JB Wigs

CC wig shop (this one you'll have to contact a buyer in Taiwan and they'll buy it for you)

COSMO (Although they sell wigs, they also style the wigs in the store for a fee. Bringing in your own wig is optional. )

http://www.ruten.com.tw (AKA the eBay of Taiwan)

Feel free to share your reviews and where you shop for wigs and I'll update this post! Hopefully it'll prove useful for people.

Last edited by Meitachi : 03-29-2010 at 01:51 AM.
Meitachi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
annshenus
赤羽 紅

京寶最近變的越來越貴了
而且造型也變少了
最近大陸有一間叫cc的還不錯
annshenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #3
Meitachi

Yeah, I don't know what's up with their website. They used to have a LOT more wigs. Now, it's just a couple of styles and most of it is just the same style in different colors. I hope that's not the case with their store (I just went there in June this summer). Anyways, I was looking more specifically for shops in Taiwan, but could you post up a link of the cc shop from China anyways? I'd love to have a look
Unread 09-08-2009, 02:31 PM   #4
annshenus
赤羽 紅

http://shop36439155.taobao.com/?search=y
台灣的拍賣上面有一些人在幫忙代購
不過他好像也收paypal所以你可以問問看
annshenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 12:16 AM   #5
piecrumbs

I've been going to COSMO since they opened in 士林 a few years back. the quality's pretty good for a decent price, and some of the stylists are really good at what they do.
piecrumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #6
Meitachi

Thank you, Annshenus The wigs look gorgeous. I'll consider buying one when I have the chance.

@ piecrumbs: Do they have a website that I can look at? Or, if not, at least an address? So, they style wigs for you?
Unread 12-02-2009, 05:52 AM   #7
piecrumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meitachi View Post
Thank you, Annshenus The wigs look gorgeous. I'll consider buying one when I have the chance.

@ piecrumbs: Do they have a website that I can look at? Or, if not, at least an address? So, they style wigs for you?
I'm super sorry for the extremely slow reply. If you're still interested, this is their website:
http://www.cos-wig.com/

they style wigs for you, yes! if you buy a wig at cosmo, they'll style it for you for free. if I recall correctly, if you bring in a wig you want styled that isn't from there, there's a slight fee, but they will also style it.
Unread 12-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #8
Meitachi

Yeah, I'm definitely still interested! I'll post up the link on the first post. Thanks very much for sharing! I think I'll check them out when I go back to Taiwan this winter.
Unread 01-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #9
Meitachi

Okay, so I figure I'd make this a sort of review thread as well as a thread for sharing new shops. So, here goes!

I visited the Cosmo wig shop a few days ago (much to my surprise they're practically neighbors with JB wigs). I didn't go at a horribly hectic time (roughly 6:30pm on a weekday), so the store was pretty empty. Though my initial impression of the store was approval (they provide slippers for the customers to use while in the shop), I quickly grew dissatisfied with this wig shop. It took them roughly 5 minutes for someone to come over and greet me and ask what I was looking for. After plopping me down in front of a computer because they didn't know what I was trying to describe (and not from my lack of communications skills) and saying as soon as I found a reference picture they would try to help me out , they left to go upstairs to help out a customer that came in later than me. I sat there for at least 20 minutes with no response. They had at least 3 on staff and I believe one of them just wandered around the shop doing nothing...while I was clearly the only customer waiting on someone in the shop -___-

So, clearly as that was a failed attempt at trying a new wig shop, I hopped on over to my preferred choice of a shop. I walked right in and was greeted by the salesladies (saleswomen?) on duty. The experience was honestly a complete 180 turn from the previous store. She helped me out in picking wigs and answering all my questions as well as gave me tips and feedback on some minor styling questions. It was actually a pretty fun experience because they've never heard of dying wigs before with the ol' ink-and-alcohol mix and were questioning me about it. Fun fact: the loose fibers they use are the same as the famous Cyperous shop in Japan, which only added to my enthusiasm for this shop. I don't know if other shops let the customers do this, but this particular wig shop lets people try on their wigs free of charge and obligation (they let you borrow a fresh wig cap and let you go at it). The only bummer was that some of their wigs were out of stock, but I found suitable substitutes without an issue.

Anyways, as I was buying for three of my friends as well as myself, I'm sorry to say that Cosmo lost out on almost $200 USD worth of my business as well as any respect as I have for them. I'm sorry if I sound a little bitter, but it really was a disappointing experience and I've tried my best to be as unbiased as possible. And, as always, this is a opinion and other people are entitled to their own as well. Feel free to post a rebuttal or your own experiences.
Unread 01-23-2010, 05:28 AM   #10
piecrumbs

Wow, I've never had that happen to me at COSMO. However, I will add that the salespeople I've worked with in the past have been transferred to their branch in 西門町. (There are a lot less wigs there, though.) Also, when you visit a wig store looking for something in particular (as well as when you go to price costumes), it's generally expected to bring a reference image you can show the salespeople. As an additional note about COSMO, contrary to what I said originally, COSMO no longer styles wigs for free. This was a change that happened at the end of 2009. As for trying on the wigs, COSMO does that too. You can get a wig-cap if you ask the saleslady, and at COSMO, you choose the style you want, and then use the catalog for the color.

All that said, I haven't been to JB in a long while, though it was my primary source of wigs for a long time. The last time I was there, the salespeople were rude to me and the wigs I wanted were out of stock. JB's wigs are also more unpredictable, I've found, in terms of quality. What I mean by that is, my friend and I have bought the same wig there, and hers had a rougher quality and had a...how do I describe this. there was a matted mess of short tangles near the part-line, where the fibers connected to the false scalp. Her wig also tangled more easily than mine and felt rougher, overall. Talking to my friends resulted in us realizing it's a relatively common thing to have happen in JB. JB wigs also don't seem to have a single size for all their wigs even though they think they do? One of my wigs is particularly tight, which makes it more painful to wear while the rest of my JB wigs don't have that problem at all.

Still, one of the reasons I switched over to COSMO when they opened was due to their styling. Not only have they've stopped that but I've started styling my own wigs... I'll probably go back to JB and give them another try. Thanks!
Unread 01-24-2010, 07:52 PM   #11
Meitachi

Ah, I suppose that was an error on my part. I have to give COSMO credit for having a computer on hand for those that don't bring a reference photo.

And, yes, I was wondering what was up when I asked them about styling wigs and they replied that there would be an additional cost. Thanks for the heads-up about trying on wigs.

I went to JB for the first time, what, over one year ago? That sounds about right. Anyways, they've made quite a few changes since my first visit. I have to admit that quite a few of their more popularly colored and styled wigs are out of stock. But, the quality has changed immensely. See, the main floor of the building is all the heat resistant wigs and higher quality wigs. I believe this is their own line, but I can't completely vouch for that. The top floor houses the less expensive and non-heat resistant wig selection. If I recall correctly, the fibers don't feel as soft and 'human-like' as the wigs downstairs in my opinion. As for wig cap size, I can't say I've had that happen (though that does sound like it would suck :/), but they are a tad smaller than the one Cosworx wig I own I must admit. Anyhow, consistency just seems as if it's not that much of a problem anymore, seeing as how they've started using better fibers (but in turn the prices for the wigs are higher, as expected, but I think it's a fair exchange). Every wig I've purchased I was happy with and didn't have many problems.

Out of curiosity, do you also get a free wig cap with every purchase at COSMO? Just wondering.

Anyways, I really appreciate this second opinion on these two stores. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by Meitachi : 01-24-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Unread 01-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #12
piecrumbs

Yup! The Cosmo wig caps are tucked inside the box that the wigs come in :3b
Laaast time I was at JB was, what. early summer 2008? I think? That sounds about right, yeah. The way they were organized then was more "natural" looking wigs were on the second floor (black, blond, brown) and then the rest on the third (silver, white, pink, blue, etc...) which might also be a factor maybe. I dunno @@
Unread 02-08-2010, 06:19 AM   #13
Zychez

i just saw this wigshop pop out in multiply,facebook and in ebay.hk(.my/sg)
http://shop.ebay.com.hk/cosmowigs/m....1&_from=&_ipg=

just wondering if if its the same~ since their shop is still at 0feedback
im planning to get some wigs from them soon~
Zychez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 08:35 AM   #14
Meitachi

JB has changed their layout every time I went back to visit. It was actually the other way around for me: the crazier colors on the top floor (pinks, blues, red, etc; all the colors of the rainbow!) and the more 'natural' colors on the main floor. I always take pictures of their shop every time I visit in hopes of using it as a more accurate color guide, but it's not very helpful when they keep changing up the displays. Still, the website has a color guide that's pretty dang near accurate, so it's not needed anymore.

@ Zychez: It seems as if it's the same exact seller. The shop pictures at the bottom are exactly the same as the store I visited, but I can't vouch for its authenticity (after all, it's easy for anyone to rip the photo off of their website and just post it as their own). You can always try emailing them and asking more questions. Hope it all works out!
Unread 03-14-2010, 07:52 AM   #15
evilroxmyworld

JB changes its layout a LOT (emphasize the 'a lot' part)! I visited around two months ago or so, and it was something like heat-resistance on the main floor, with non-heat and clip-ons on the second floor. But I just visited it today, and now it's heat-risistance with clip-ons/tie-ons/extensions on the main floor, with non-heat resistant and for sale ones on the second floor. But, I think their services are really good ^ ^. I just visited it an hour ago (around 5 to 6-ish), and the store had a large group of customers in it. They were all purchasing stuff, so I didn't get a chance to talk to the saleswoman (there was only one) until they were done. She was really friendly, offering to teach me how to wear a wigcap, and all that. When I was purchasing the items, she gave me all sorts of advice on taking care of wigs, and even shared a couple of personal experiences. It just made me feel...good...like, even though the only real relationship we had was customer-clerk, it felt like we were buddies xD

As for Cosmo...I don't really like it >< I went to the one in 西門町, and I do not enjoy my experiences there. The first time I went there a year ago, the store was empty except for one clerk. She didn't say anything to us at all, until one of my friends touched a wig and she just ran over and said 'please do not touch the wigs'. My friend asked 'how would we know the quality of the wigs if we don't touch it?' and she just replied 'our wigs are all in best quality, etc'. But when we left, this group of people who seemed to have been there a couple of times went in, and they were playing around with the wigs but she didn't seem to care. The second time I went there half a year ago, only one customer was in it, and a clerk was helping her style a wig. This clerk was a bit friendler than the previous, because she said Hi. But she pretty much ignored us for the whole time, even when she was done stlying.

I hardly ever go to actual 'shops' though..most of the time I buy them on Ruten =P
evilroxmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote