Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-31-2009, 11:13 AM   #1246
Attentea
cosplay addicted newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roozu View Post
@Attentea
I got the artbook today and looks like it's only Amano. It has some screenshots, but not that many to even work from.
ah ok. well thanks for letting me know. ^_^ I've found a bunch of pictures online so I'm still ok reference picture wise.

~Attentea~

Working on:
Celes (FF6), FOnewearl (PSO)

Future Cosplays:
Ralts (pokemon), Bellossom (pokemon)

Attentea is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #1247
Roozu
That's Elet-tri-tri-tric!

Does anyone have a fabric suggestions for Terra? I've been looking and at the moment I'm stuck between using some kind of more "softer" sateen that wouldn't give off the cheap glare when someone takes your picture or using some type of twill or linen.

Those who have done Terra before, what type of fabric did you use?
Roozu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 12:12 AM   #1248
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

If you'd like to use a duller satin I would go with casa satin I hear it also frays less when sewing . For my FMV I used a linen/polyester mix though, I'm not sure what kind of fabric it was exactly; I almost want to say it had some acrylic in it too b/c of how it felt, but it photographed well which is good . I made that dress early on still where I was figuring out what fabrics worked out, so I would suggest whatever you use, make sure it is comfy XDD!
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)

Last edited by snowkirby : 08-06-2009 at 01:20 AM.
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #1249
Attentea
cosplay addicted newbie

I don't know much about fabrics, but if I'm imagining it right that 'softer' satin would look good. I think I'm using a similar material for parts of my Celes costume. ... not to sure what material it is though, otherwise I'd suggest that type to you.
*is confused by different types of fabric XP *

As for my Celes costume, I've started working on it abit. :P Last weekend I made the arm guard things. ... what would those be called exactly... gauntlets? not sure. But I made them. Though I still need to sew on some dome clips so that I can close it and it will stay on my writs. lol

~Attentea~

Working on:

Future Cosplays:

Unread 08-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #1250
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

I suppose reviving a board that's been dead for 20 days isn't really necro-posting... Besides, this one will be inevitable revived, anyway. xD

I finished my Madeline from FFVI and had a good photoshoot (after almost two years yes, but still...). Celes just needs a good paint job on the pauldrons and sword, and a few things tweaked with the cape. ^^

Also, I'm not sure when I'll be able to, but I want to eventually cosplay Amano Princess Sara from the first FF.

Last edited by Kazephyr : 02-01-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Kazephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #1251
Attentea
cosplay addicted newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazephyr View Post
I finished my Madeline/Madonna from FFVI and had a good photoshoot (after almost two years yes, but still...). Celes just needs a good paint job on the pauldrons and sword, and a few things tweaked with the cape. ^^

Also, I'm not sure when I'll be able to, but I want to eventually cosplay Amano Princess Sara from the first FF.
ooo looks great! ^_^ It's not a very common cosplay... or at least from my experience I haven't seen it, so it's great to see someone cosplaying as her.

~Attentea~

Working on:

Future Cosplays:

Unread 08-26-2009, 04:37 PM   #1252
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

I love your shoot Kaze ^^ I already told you about that tho XD. The Amano Terra plush in the photos was made by me tho :3 here's a better view of what it looks like . It was so much fun making her; I wish I was making my own Amano Terra cosplay this instant but that's not gonna be for a while XDD!

Speaking of Amano I'm seeing if I can buy a FFV/VI artbook from a fellow cos.com'er at the marketplace ^^ I'm so excited to get it!!
Unread 08-27-2009, 09:35 PM   #1253
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Aaw, thank you so much, guys! ^_^

Ooh, I've always wanted an FF artbook. ^^ I hope you can get it, Snowkirby.
Unread 08-27-2009, 11:46 PM   #1254
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Thanks ^^! I looove his artwork! I have the other Fairies one already, but I always wanted a FF one . I hope to get the one that came Statewide back in Feb one day ^.^!
Unread 09-21-2009, 11:15 PM   #1255
kanancom

BOARD REVIVE

I am planing on sooo many Old School FF cosplays

Reina (Lenna) Charlotte Tycoon - FFV
Princess Sara - Final Fantasy
Warrior of Light - Final Fantasy
Ingus (Red Mage) - FFIII
Leila (Layla) - FFII

The main thing I'm looking for right now is the name of the hat Ingus as a red mage wears and where I can find one/how to make one C:

Dragon*con
Assassin Apprentice - AC:Brotherhood; Zelda - LoZ: Skyward Sword; Sweet Raiden - Sweet Snake Figumate; Wander - Shadow of the Colossus
kanancom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 11:35 PM   #1256
Enny
Cosplay N00b!

OH MY GOODNESS FFV COSPLAY YES <33333333333333
Are you planning one of her many Amano designs , her sprite/SD, cutscene outfit, or a job class?

Um. I have a ton of old FF costumes planned, though none in the works right now. But Krile's cutscene outfit from the Anthology release of V is one of my dream costumes.
Enny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2009, 12:17 AM   #1257
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

My artbook came in the other day and it has GORGEOUS art from V and VI that I never saw before =O ::hugs::. If you'd like some refs for any of your cosplays let me know .

@kanancom: yay revival! ::throws Phoenix Downs in the air like confetti:: I love your FF cosplay list ^_^!!! I don't know what his hat is called =X but you can either get a regular felt hat from a craft store for cheap and drape your red fabric over it, or even make it from scratch if you're up for the challenge =X. Oddly Freya's (FFIX) SORT OF looks like the Red Mage hat (just barely though XD); you can look at my hat if you'd like, even tho it's not perfect. Hehe it was an old cosplay.

@Enny: FFV = love!! I wanna make a hybrid Krile and Faris myself ^^ I have most of Krile's planned out already but I have no idea when I'm making it lol!

I guess the only thing worthy of announcing is that I made a Mog DS case XD;. I'm not sure when I'm gonna be making my next old school FF cosplay but I will be around to help give advice, critique, etc .
Unread 09-25-2009, 10:42 PM   #1258
cachalot
Blue Mage

I'm thinking that we may see more "old school" FF cosplays pop up since Dissidia got released...at least at Otakon this year, the FFVI cosplayers outnumbered the FFVII ones! Here's photo proof XDD

@snowkirby: I would love to see some photos of your artbook myself, if just for the FFVI art.

My next FF cosplay is Shiva, but after her I would love to do either Kain or Edge.

Photography: http://www.seventhmoon.org/photography
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gerodere
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/gertysk
cachalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2009, 11:17 PM   #1259
Korinchan
Not a bumblebee

After seeing this thread, it's motivated me to re-make Rosa! And to get started on The Afters version of Rosa, too. XD

Hurray for old school FF love! ^^

Friday - Tomoyo - Tsubasa-RC, Toph - A:TLA
Saturday - Cephalos - Monster Hunter concept art, Goku - Dragon Ball
Sunday - Washu - Tenchi Muyo
Korinchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2009, 09:24 AM   #1260
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@cachalot: Oh definitely! I haven't been much of a fan of Nomura since his FFX designs honestly, but he did a fantastic job handling the Amano designs for the old-school characters in Dissidia! As of that photo....BADASS!!! I love VII as well, but YESSS VI COSPLAY > VII!!!!

As of the pages, I scanned a few to show a friend how the book was like; a few are from V tho. If you'd like to see more of other characters, etc, let me know ^^.

*For Krile fans like me however...there's only that one Amano art of her ^^;;;;.....at least in this book. I'm sure Amano must have done other artworks of her, naturally.*

@Temari: yay Rosa!! Her outfits are so pretty ^_^! I look forward to seeing your's :3.

Damn now I wanna start my Amano Terra lmao but I can't XD!

Last edited by snowkirby : 09-26-2009 at 09:26 AM.