Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-26-2009, 09:26 AM   #1261
cachalot
Blue Mage

@snowkirby: THANK YOU!! I love FFV art as well, so no worries =P Wow, you know, that red and black silhouetted picture of Terra on the magitek with Vector in th background never ceases to give me chills even though I've seen it like a billion times.

I'm a big fan of Amano Terra! And yeah I'm really impressed with how well Nomura translated the old school characters into Dissidia XD He did a REALLY good job, especially with IV through VI, I think.

@Temari: Keep us updated! I think Rosa's costume is really beautiful.

Photography: http://www.seventhmoon.org/photography
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gerodere
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/gertysk
cachalot is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #1262
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@cachalot: I know, it's so daunting =OO!! The red and black just makes it even more so, I think :3! It's a fantastic artbook, I definitely do not regret buying it, even tho I was kinda sad there was only one painting of Krile in it ^^;;.

Hehe I just love the designs from IV-VI in general :3 I love how he did Onion Knight though, it's so spunky! He's like the mascot of Dissidia basically XD;;;! Tho then again I'm not very familiar with FFIII's original art to be honest =X. I also like Amano's VII art tho, it's so psychedelic, even if there aren't as much colors as his past art (tho it does fit in to the more modernized-steampunk feel of VII). I look forward to starting my Amano Cloud as well :3
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #1263
Attentea
cosplay addicted newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanancom View Post
I am planing on sooo many Old School FF cosplays

Reina (Lenna) Charlotte Tycoon - FFV
Princess Sara - Final Fantasy
Warrior of Light - Final Fantasy
Ingus (Red Mage) - FFIII
Leila (Layla) - FFII
yay revive. ^_^

ooo that's an awesome list of cosplays! I recently just played FF5 myself and I LOVED it! I want to make one of those costumes someday. Not sure which one though. :P
I haven't played FF3 yet though. I have the game, I've just been so busy I haven't had a chance to play it yet. XP

Princess Sara sounds fun!
For halloween this year my boyfriend and I are doing White mage and black mage. ... which reminds me I should post pictures of that when I get some. :P My boyfriend hasn't started yet on his costume, but I'm mostly done mine. I just need to get the red triangles on there and then I'm done.

~Attentea~

Working on:
Celes (FF6), FOnewearl (PSO)

Future Cosplays:
Ralts (pokemon), Bellossom (pokemon)

Attentea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 03:45 PM   #1264
ReraiseCaster

I'm doing a version of a White Mage, it's closest to Butz/Bartz' in V as it's a separate top and hooded cape.
Triangles sewn on trousers and gloves, and purloining my best friend's machine at the weekend, so i'll sew them on the cape too ^_^
Now all i need is a longsleeve white tshirt...
ReraiseCaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #1265
Lina
Lady in Blue

I am working on an Amano! Celes for OhayoCon.

I have the wig, but I have yet to work on her outfit. I am actually going to work on a Formal Amano! Celes for the Distant Worlds concert in December, but I am not sure if I should do it or not.

Last edited by Lina : 09-28-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Lina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2009, 01:32 PM   #1266
ReraiseCaster

Cape, tshirt and gloves done, see my gallery
ReraiseCaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2009, 04:37 PM   #1267
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Lina-chan: I wish I can see the Distant Worlds concert =X! I can't wait to see your Celes tho!

@Reraise: hehe awesome White Mage cosplay so far! I love the gloves!
Unread 10-05-2009, 05:48 PM   #1268
Lina
Lady in Blue

Thank you! I have Formal! Celes all planned out.

I am going to make a gold dress [not metallic] like Hungary's dress from Hetalia Axis Powers. I am going to dye a white shawl and white princess gloves a deep purple and then I am going to buy white high heels since her boots are white. I won't be wearing the wig to the concert though. That is a bit too much.

After I finish Formal! Celes, I am going to work on Amano! Celes.

I am really lucky that the concert is in my home state and only 20 minutes from my house.
Unread 10-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #1269
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

I'm thinking of being Refia for a convention coming up... next March.

But I don't know if it'd be a good role for me. I PLAN to play the game before I go, by the way (just too busy now)

How hard would it be to make the dress? Or is there a place I can buy the main look of the dress and add on the details?
Same goes for the vest....
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #1270
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Lina-chan: Wowwww the concert is that close to you =O? I'm jealous! I hope you have a great time ^^ the Formal Celes sounds really pretty!

@tarinalove: Honestly I only played 5 min of a friend's copy of FFIII but I love Refia's Freelancer outfit as well ^^! I'm not sure where you would find the tunic/dress in that similar style unless you got SUPER lucky at the thrift store. But if you'd like you can probably get a commission done for the dress and add everything else yourself to save on money/time . I haven't commissioned anything before though, but there are some ads here at the cos.com marketplace, as well as this VERY helpful thread on reviews so you can look for which commissioners are recommended or not.

If you're looking to make the vest yourself, you can probably find a denim dress at a thrift store, cut it up, and add the details to it .
Unread 10-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #1271
Sutie

Refia is so much fun to cosplay. It is definatlly worth doing.
I plan on making a different form of her every year now. Cosplay as a different class. I haven't choosen what to do next though... hmmm...
Sutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #1272
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkirby View Post
@Lina-chan: Wowwww the concert is that close to you =O? I'm jealous! I hope you have a great time ^^ the Formal Celes sounds really pretty!

@tarinalove: Honestly I only played 5 min of a friend's copy of FFIII but I love Refia's Freelancer outfit as well ^^! I'm not sure where you would find the tunic/dress in that similar style unless you got SUPER lucky at the thrift store. But if you'd like you can probably get a commission done for the dress and add everything else yourself to save on money/time . I haven't commissioned anything before though, but there are some ads here at the cos.com marketplace, as well as this VERY helpful thread on reviews so you can look for which commissioners are recommended or not.

If you're looking to make the vest yourself, you can probably find a denim dress at a thrift store, cut it up, and add the details to it .
Oh thank you
Yeah, I'm going to see if I can find a "boyfriend sweater" and cut off the sleeves X)
And I might have my friends mom commission it. The dress looks SUPER easy though. I'm just a crappy seamstress

And Sutie: You're so pretty as Refia :} you inspire me.
Unread 10-07-2009, 02:42 AM   #1273
Lina
Lady in Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkirby View Post
Thank you! I am very happy and blessed that I am able to go. =D

Thank you! I hope it works out. I am working on it right after YoumaCon. A friend of mine is going to help me learn how to sew so hopefully the dress won't be too hard. Once I start, I will put up progress pictures. =D
Unread 10-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #1274
Sutie

@Tarinalove: Dah, Thank you! ^^
The vest is very simple to make, just use a jumper pattern. This monday JoAnn's is having a sale on patterns for really cheep! like, 1.99 or .99 each or something like that. The hardest part of it was the pockets... round pockets! Uhg!
Sutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #1275
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutie View Post
@Tarinalove: Dah, Thank you! ^^
The vest is very simple to make, just use a jumper pattern. This monday JoAnn's is having a sale on patterns for really cheep! like, 1.99 or .99 each or something like that. The hardest part of it was the pockets... round pockets! Uhg!
Hmm...
Well I'm sure if you just curve the fabric slowly it'll be fine.
I'll *try* to check it out and pick one up.