Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1324 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-02-2009, 08:48 PM   #1411
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated :>
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-07-2009, 04:28 PM   #1412
KH Cosplayer

I was thinking of purchasing this item from HonestDragonChina

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kingdom-Hearts-O...item35a40bbb76

I was wondering if anyone has ordered from this company before, specifically the Organization XIII trench coat, and if you were satisfied with it.

Alternatives to this are fine to, I'm just trying to get the nicest coat I can, barring Abbyshot, although with how cheap the Enigma has become it's getting harder to pass up.

Thanks
KH Cosplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #1413
DemyxIXNobody
Solo-dono

CuteKawaii

Name of Commissioner: CuteKawaii
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...t/15471/cat/16
Character commissioned and series/video game: Son Goku - Saiyuki Reload http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...0Ref/Reff8.jpg
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...0072028034.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Umm...I think I first commissioned her in...August and payed in installments. I received the costume Today (Oct - 7th)

Pros: Everything! She's very friendly and talked me through everything she was going to be doing. When I voiced concerns, (mostly about how the pants were going to fit) she told me what she planned to do to fix it and whenever she had a question on what I wanted (say with the color of certain garments) she turned to me and asked ME instead of making the decision on her own like SOME commissioners have done to me.

May I also add I've commissioned two other sites for this SAME costume and was NOT happy with the results. But CuteKawaii came through and made me an AMAZING cosplay I cannot WAIT to wear!

Cons: Can't think of any!

Final Grade: A+!! I'm 15 times more excited for my convention because this cosplay is SO amazing!
DemyxIXNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #1414
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated :>
Unread 10-08-2009, 11:40 PM   #1415
kdg

___

Last edited by kdg : 11-12-2009 at 10:06 PM. Reason: review retracted
kdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2009, 06:28 AM   #1416
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 10-11-2009, 07:06 AM   #1417
Mirromaru
Kraut

Name of Commissioner: Kukkii-san
Website/C.com gallery: cosplay.com profile / cosplay.com classifieds
Character commissioned and series/video game Wig for Seraphita from Xenogears (videogame) including bunny ears and attachment
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
one of the back-spikes is partly visible here in detail
volume!
back view out of costume
Timeline <1 month, I think roughly 2-3 weeks?
Pros:
+wig custom dyed to match reference pictures provided
+bunny ears made according to reference pictures provided and custom dyed
+bunny ears stay on well, don't bend, don't slide, don't fall over because of the method of attachment
+gravity defying spikes in the back have a special construction underneath so the style stays how it should
+bangs very well styled
+extensions added for loads of poofy volume
+in general the styling is very durable and I didn't have to retouch anything yet
+comes packed in a box on a wig head attached on card board so I can store and transport it without the style suffering
+very reasonable price for the style, quality of materials used, etc.
+quick reply to quotes
+got my wig earlier than expected
Cons:
-none
Comments:
Kukkii-san did a few last trimmings on the bangs while I wore the wig so now it fits perfectly. I'm very happy I had this wig commissioned by her as the style would have been impossible for me to recreate. The bunny ears are better than what I had ever hoped for, I love her work!
Final Grade: A+

Name of Commissioner: Kukkii-san
Website/C.com gallery: cosplay.com profile / cosplay.com classifieds
Character commissioned and series/video game Wig for Motoko Kusanagi from GITS:SAC2 (anime)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
First time wear
after nearly two years of sitting in my closet*
Another recent one*
*both photographers tweaked the colors and one shooting was outdoors and one indoors. Real wig color matches the second picture best.
Timeline <1 month - sorry, I don't remember the exact amount of time she had...
Pros:
+durable styling
+custom color matching my wishes
+fluffy bangs that stay well in shape
+lots of volume
+haircut matching my reference pictures
+quick reply, smooth communications
+very reasonable price for the time, materials, and quality of the product I got
+got my wig on the promised date
Cons:
-none
Comments:
Kukkii-san made this for me for a photo-shooting, because my old wig didn't match the style very well. I'm happy I asked her to do this and am very content with the result. Even after all the time I've had this wig the style needs only slight touch ups. I'm very happy wih her reendition of the poofy bangs the character sports.
Final Grade:A+

Last edited by Mirromaru : 10-11-2009 at 07:16 AM.
Mirromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 07:18 AM   #1418
NekoMimiChan
*Bri*

Name of Commissioner: Twilight_Angel

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/69632/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Kai/Heavenly Sword - HAT

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/t.../badkaihat.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Over 1 month

Pros:
She was very friendly and quick with communication, her price was affordable ($10, shipping included).

Cons:
It took a very long time for me to receive the hat, it may have been a shipping problem though. I didn't receive the hat until the day after the convention I was wearing the costume too - and I had ordered the hat over a month ahead of time and explicitly asked to have it at least a week before the con so that I could add my own buttons.

The hat isn't very accurate or particularly well-made. The color is off and the shape doesn't work either. She used (I think) bright red rodeo broadcloth for an item that is supposed to be a muted mauve and leathery. The tabs on the side were left unfinished. I ordered the hat after seeing her Kai costume and the hat she had - which was lovely. I think something got lost in the remake.

Final Comments:
She's a very nice commissioner and good with communication - however I ended up having a hat that I cannot use several days late. I ended up making my own hat for my Kai costume, which looks and feels better. I guess if you want something right, do it yourself. But everything turned out ok, I got a craftsmanship award for my costume - something that wouldn't have happened if I used a commissioned hat.

Final Grade: C+

Future Costumes
Carmilla - Vampire Hunter D
Haydee - Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Barioth Blademaster - Monster Hunter
Lulu- FFX
Gwendolyn - Odin Sphere

For Prop Commissions visit my store, DistinctiveProps, on etsy.
NekoMimiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #1419
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 10-13-2009, 09:51 PM   #1420
Alorelle
Natsu ★ Game

Name of Commissioner: Clea.

Character Commissioned: 1 Lacus Kimono Costume, 1 Lacus Pink Dress, 1 Cagalli Wedding Dress.

Links to Pictures: Next month. D; My camera is still broken.

Timeline: Ordered them June 23rd, still waiting.

Describe Your Experience: I was extremely worried about getting something comissioned, but because I was moving and I didn't have time to sew, I had heard some good things about Clea and her costumes so I decided to give her a go. I sent her an email, explaining my situation and asking her if she could have the three costumes ready by August 21st. She said yes and that it wasn't a problem. I paid almost $1000 for these costumes, two of them mine and one for a friend, and have had nothing but problems.
She gave me great communication. I had to email her, considering she never sent me updates. She told me that my kimono was almost done August 14th, I believe, and that it would be shipped out next week. It never was.
Then I started to email her, along with my friend, about how they HAD to be here August 21st because I was moving and needed them for the upcoming convention. She said they would be here, but still nothing. August 19th, I emailed her about the three and she said "SORRY BUT THEY WILL BE SHIPPED LATER THIS WEEK". I got the Lacus Dress and Cagalli Dress August 23rd, the day I was leaving but NEVER recieved my Kimono. She said I would get it next week in the mail.
So I sewed myself a last minute Skitty costume in the hotel and helped my friend pull together a last minute Vaporion. |: When we opened the costumes, I was EXTREMELY displeased. Mine was rushed and poorly done. It looked nothing like the pictures she had uploaded and not even the same material was used. I never got the gloves that was suppose to come with it and the costume was made too big for me. I had to take it in.
My friends costume was WAY too big for her. I measured her again and made sure I sent the right stuff and they made it too big by accident ? I don't know, but the arm bands that came with it were off sized too - one was alright fitting but one of them was too small and wouldn't even fit on her arm right.
The veil wasn't completed. We had to figure out our own way of how to get it to stick to her head and how to get the flowers to work. The flowers that were on her dress weren't even sewed on and were actually just clipped. The dress also looked nothing like how it appeared on her website. Erika was happy with it, which I guess is what counts.
The convention ended and I put away my Lacus dress for good. I didn't have internet for over a month but made sure to have all my mail from where I used to live forwarded to my new address. Still nothing and I never got my kimono.
I emailed Clea October 9th and asked her where the frig it was and she emails me back saying "SORRY IT NOT DONE STILL". Needless to say, I was PISSED.
I asked her if she could meet a deadline, she said yes. If she couldn't meet it, then I wouldn't have ordered from her and went to someone else. My whole frigging experience with her right now is a bad one and I'm displeased. I don't even want to know how my kimono is going to look when I get it considering the last dress I got from her looked nothing like her site picture.
I'm still waiting for my order and she doesn't even email me back.

Pros: For what it's worth, her shipping was fast. It took only three days to arrive when she shipped it. She emails you back quickly when you message her.

Cons: Missed deadline. Doesn't send me updates; I have to ask her for them. Order STILL isn't here. Costumes didn't look how she posted them on her website. Sizes were wrong.

Comments: I would advise everyone to stay away from this girl. I know some people who have ordered from her and liked what they got, but I'm extremely displeased with what I got. Its even more frusterating that she accepted a deadline and then still doesn't have it to me almost four months now.
I'll come back and edit this once I get my kimono order. If I get it. EFF.

Final Grade: C-.

MTAC :: Ino :: ???

Last edited by Alorelle : 10-13-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Alorelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2009, 06:47 AM   #1421
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 10-16-2009, 11:06 PM   #1422
Lady Lore
Cosplay Photographer

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay1

Website/C.com gallery: http://cosplay1.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Aerith Gainsborough from Final Fantasy VII (I was expecting just the dress and jacket, but they also made the bracelets and the hair bow for me! They also made the belt for the Kingdom Hearts version of this costume)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/252825/

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Sent the first e-mail inquiry on September 1, received a reply and confirmation the same day. The costume was in my hands on October 13, almost a full month before the deadline we'd set.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: This was my first time ordering a costume from a commissioner, so I was a bit nervous. I was reassured when everything was handled so professionally on their end. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the lack of update pictures. The progress pictures went up on the same day as the pictures of the finished product, so I had no idea what it looked like until it was completely done. Luckily it was exactly what I'd wanted, so no big.

There wasn't much communication about progress, but since they have so many orders, I wasn't exactly expecting minute to minute updates. I received an email the day it was finished, so I was able to give final approval of the finished product before it was shipped to me.

All in all, it was a very good experience and I would most definitely order from cosplay1 again!

Final Grade: A
Lady Lore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #1423
amariel
Lady in Waiting

Name of Merchant: cosplaywig

Item purchased: One short pale grey wig and one short black wig with two clip-on ponytails.

Links to picture(s) of your received item: Short grey wig, Short black base wig with ponytails, Short black base wig without ponytails

Timeline: Order placed Saturday, September 26th, order delievered Tuesday, October 13th.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Ordered two wigs from cosplaywig based on generally positive reviews. I did not contact the seller as everything was clear and I had no questions. The order was placed on Saturday September 26th and payment was sent immediately. The site says 4-5 days for items to be sent out, and I received a notice 7 business days later (Tuesday, October 6) that the item had been shipped. I don't know if that was a delayed notice, or if it was sent to me immediately after the order was sent out. In any case their site says no notice will be sent, so this email was a welcome suprise. Item was received one week after email notice, another welcome suprise considering the site specifies 3-4 weeks for orders to ship to Canada. Wigs were very nice and looked exactly as pictured, although the grey wig sheds a little more than I would have liked. I will definitely be using this seller for future purchases and would recommend them to others.

Last edited by amariel : 10-17-2009 at 03:52 PM.
amariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2009, 01:06 AM   #1424
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated <3
Unread 10-18-2009, 04:41 PM   #1425
meepstio
jini;♥

Name of Merchant: milanoo

Item purchased: BLACK STAR wig

Timeline: Order placed Sept 27th, Received Oct.15,2009

Links to picture(s) of your received item:
will update later c:

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
Got free shipping and a free $25 voucher c:
Price was an awesome price of $25. I noticed now it's $30.99 o.o
Took a while to arrive but with free shipping what else is there to expect. Wig is a lovely high quality kankelon wig. Though not exactly like the photo, it was 90% similar. It probably looked weird because the style was damaged during shipping. Other than that, it's awesome!

Upcoming cons: Otakon
Ashe (LOL), Sailor Mercury, Bulma/Chun-li

Last edited by meepstio : 10-18-2009 at 04:48 PM.
meepstio is offline   Reply With Quote