Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Costume-Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-17-2009, 12:11 PM   #16
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

@Cap. There was also that interesting idea for a group Social Costume if you remember. Are you guys still interested or no? We're planning on doing it anyway regardless though a bigger group would be more impressive.

Our Historical Entry is moving along nicely and we're in the process of making mock-up at the moment. We also might be considering something for the Sci/Fi or at least I am and the hall costume list just keeps getting longer and longer. We had a couple of things just drop in our laps that we are considering adding in for CC. Might have to cut it down in view of our masquerade entry though since it's going to take a lot of time to do well and the need to have enough room in the car for everything.

Last edited by RaDragon76 : 11-17-2009 at 12:18 PM.
RaDragon76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #17
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

I haven't personally committed to the Single Pattern thing with the rest of MACS, I don't really feel like it, so I'm probably up for joining you guys. Assuming I have time for one more costume. (one of us from the club has to sit in the audience and take pictures, after all)

I have NO idea what we're wearing in the halls, at all. Nor can I say yet (obviously) whether I finally get to join the FFF show. I'm just focused on the SF/F entry first and foremost and will decide the rest as long as I have time for another costume. Or two or three.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 07:36 AM   #18
trixyloupwolf
A LONELY kitty

hey! what about the fashion folio any news !!!!!!!
i did not register yet so iam afraid not having the info because of that =_+

nya!! its sad that we have no news of nothing =_=

well please anybody a bit of new or update on the site ^^

were no one is...there i should hide and awaite.....
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1_edited-2.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...600x120-v4.jpg
trixyloupwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #19
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

I talked to some other people about it this weekend. It seems no one's heard anything about the Folio. I'm glad I'm not waiting it. I was going to enter, but I got caught up in Archon costumes.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2009, 12:07 PM   #20
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsuleCorp View Post
I haven't personally committed to the Single Pattern thing with the rest of MACS, I don't really feel like it, so I'm probably up for joining you guys. Assuming I have time for one more costume. (one of us from the club has to sit in the audience and take pictures, after all)

I have NO idea what we're wearing in the halls, at all. Nor can I say yet (obviously) whether I finally get to join the FFF show. I'm just focused on the SF/F entry first and foremost and will decide the rest as long as I have time for another costume. Or two or three.
Yes, there always must be someone to take pics. That reminds me that I need to get looking for a new digital camera since I lost my other one at Archon so I know how much money to put aside for it.

Sounds good to me. At the moment our entry for the Historical takes precedence over any other costume since it's so involved but the one for the Social is number two on the list I believe. We also had an idea for a Sci/Fi entry but it all depends on whether there'll be enough time to pull off both sets of costumes along with the other things we've got planned. I'd rather spend as much time as possible on the Historical costume to make sure it turns out well and if we run out of time for the possible Sci-Fi entry then that's fine.
Unread 12-17-2009, 04:15 AM   #21
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasm-hime View Post
I'm not sure what I'm doing yet; I'm sure there'll be a few Folio designs that tempt me, and I have two ideas to choose between for the Historical. Had big plans for the F&SF but they will depend on the group leader's availability (currently up in the air) so we'll have to see.
Yeah *^_^* my bad! ^_^;; LOL! I think that particular project is going to have to wait until CC29. I am glad in a way however as it will give me a chance to source some more materials.

I'm sad that the Single Pattern choices this year are items that are really only flattering to slimmer, smallchested body types. I suppose I could really heavily modify one of them, but I'm not sure how much I could do and still be in the spirit of the event. Hm.. I just love the single pattern though. I look forward to seeing what other people do for it. ^_^

I might try the Future Fashion Folio this year. I usually design for it, but I've never made anything yet.

As for the SF & F, I'm not sure I could do anything Costume Con worthy as a solo contestant.

I definately want to enter one of the shows this year.

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #22
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

It's going to be so freaking expensive this year. Ugh! Parking is going up every time someone calls the hotel.
Unread 12-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #23
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

It's not the worst parking amount I've ever seen before. Airport parking is loads worse per day than this is. Carpooling might be the answer to help defray parking costs if the people involved don't have a lot of bulking costumes or props or someone has a nice sized trunk in their car. Unfortunantly, I have to be back at work Tuesday morning after CC for a staff meeting so I don't think Khene and I can carpool with anyone.

@ Cap- How long do we have the hotel rooms for?

Last edited by RaDragon76 : 12-18-2009 at 02:08 PM.
RaDragon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 04:49 PM   #24
trixyloupwolf
A LONELY kitty

dawn then enter with me nya!!!!! could be fuuun ^^

Unread 12-18-2009, 08:49 PM   #25
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

oh aaaahhh...

hotel room: Thursday through Sunday nights. So anyone who wants to get there and settle in Thursday totally can, and the rest will be arriving Friday morning and we'll already have the rooms.

Kaijugal - you didn't reserve any of your own designs for the FFF this time? XD I'm all excited, I want it to come so I can decide if I'm making something this time. Potential folio costume comes before potential Historical entry for us.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 10:29 PM   #26
Forcebewitya
Fashion Assassin

I'd like to attend this seeing as I live in Milwaukee, there's no reason not to.

Forcebewitya.

Prince of Persia-75%
Nikolai Orelov-10%
Vash The Stampede-Planned
Ezio Auditore Brotherhood-15%

One Tailed Wonders leather work Commissions look for us on Facebook
Legend of Zelda and Assassin's Creed items available contact either of us for details

Forcebewitya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 12:54 AM   #27
trixyloupwolf
A LONELY kitty

hope at least one of my design is choosen hehe!!
ive send like 13 ^^

Unread 12-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #28
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

We're going with Steve and Cathy Swope and renting a van so that 1.) we can fit everything in the vehicle since all four of us have bulky costumes and 2.) there's just one parking spot.

I've started (finally) working in earnest on my F&SF costume. I bought all of the fabric over a year ago, but I'm finally making the costume. I'm just hoping the action figure is actually released soon so I have better reference material.
Unread 12-21-2009, 09:06 AM   #29
von Drago
Well, you're wrong!

Folio etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijugal View Post

I'm sad that the Single Pattern choices this year are items that are really only flattering to slimmer, smallchested body types. I suppose I could really heavily modify one of them, but I'm not sure how much I could do and still be in the spirit of the event. Hm.. I just love the single pattern though. I look forward to seeing what other people do for it. ^_^

I might try the Future Fashion Folio this year. I usually design for it, but I've never made anything yet.

As for the SF & F, I'm not sure I could do anything Costume Con worthy as a solo contestant.

I definately want to enter one of the shows this year.
Single Pattern - not just for skinnies, they are tailored items which can flatter anyone. But they are complicated fitting.

I think you'd do great with the Folio show - it's heaps of fun! Almost no pressure.

"Costume-Con worthy", what is that? Sure, one expects a certain level of ability at CCs but you're certainly up there.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again - that's my favorite part of CCs.

Nora
von Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2009, 09:07 AM   #30
von Drago
Well, you're wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixyloupwolf View Post
hope at least one of my design is choosen hehe!!
ive send like 13 ^^
I'm looking forward to seeing them. I submitted some (don't know if any of them made it in) but didn't pre-reserve any of my own; Ilike to see what else shows up just in case.
von Drago is offline   Reply With Quote