Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 11-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #1456
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

This list is really meant as a way for customers to find commissioners. If she isn't a commissioner, she might not wish for people contacting her for her work.
I added her for the moment, but if she doesn't have any intention to take future customers, she doesn't really belong.
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #1457
SeraphimWolf
Pypo Lygac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
This list is really meant as a way for customers to find commissioners. If she isn't a commissioner, she might not wish for people contacting her for her work.
I added her for the moment, but if she doesn't have any intention to take future customers, she doesn't really belong.
Oh, Im sorry! If you would like I can delete it. (Idk how to do that though =P, I can figure it out)

Halibel (Bleach)=100%
Catherine (Catherine) = 100%
Lightning Farron (FF13) =68%
http://www.youtube.com/user/kawaiiamara?feature=mhw5
http://yukigirlygirl.deviantart.com/
SeraphimWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2009, 12:35 AM   #1458
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

You can just edit the post and delete everything but the word 'edited' or something similar ^-^ I took the listing from the front, so no worries.
Unread 11-30-2009, 09:36 PM   #1459
psychoticskye
Kairi on craaaack~

Name of Commissioner: Chisai's Wigs

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.freewebs.com/chisaiwigs

Character commissioned: Wig of Suigetsu from Naruto Shippuden

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Suigetsu Wig

Timeline: Not entirely sure of the exact timeline, since this was last year. I think it was a couple months just because I commissioned early for a later delivery date.

Describe your Experience: It was very smooth. I asked her for a quote and recieved a very prompt response. I decided to commission her for the wig and paid in full. She styled the wig perfectly and sent it to me right on time.

Pros: Amazing communication, very reliable and friendly, exceeds expectations

Cons: None at all.

Comments: I adore this wig. :] It's absolutely perfect.

Final Grade: A+++++++! I would recommend her to anyone in need of a wig commissioner. She's actually working on a second commission from me right now. :3

Metrocon:
Summoner Yuna/15% completed

Last edited by psychoticskye : 11-30-2009 at 09:40 PM.
psychoticskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2009, 06:28 AM   #1460
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 12-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #1461
jdawg224

Name of Commissioner: Gneila

Website/C.com gallery: Beyondthereflection.com

Character commissioned and series: Hatake Kakashi Vest from Naruto

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: I will post later

Timeline: about 2 months. I needed the vest for Halloween.

Experience: Alright, I'm going to be straight and brutally honest. This is probably the worst experience I have ever had in my entire life of buying something online. I hired this Gneila person to create a Hatake Kakashi military vest from the anime Naruto. She was very cooperative in the beginning, but after she took my money, it was as if she robbed the bank and high-tailed it outta there. All communication was essentially lost. She would never reply to my emails or instant messages. And when she did, it would be useless one liners such as "I'm working on it," or "I'm working on the pockets." Even almost a month into the project, she would still say "i'm working on pockets." But in all honesty, no one with "over 25 years of sewing experience" would take over 2 weeks to "work on some pockets," unless you belong in the category of "dimwitted moron" or just plain old lazy procrastinator.

Before I paid Gneila the cash, I told her that I wanted to be on the "inside," basically I wanted to be there every step of the way in order to provide feedback on how each part of the jacket should look, and so forth. Cosplay stuff is very abstract, and I understand it is difficult to make something from a cartoon. That was why I wanted to be in the loop. This did not happen. In fact, she kept me in the dark the entire time, despite my multiple demands of progress pictures (which never happened).

About a month in, I had the looming suspicion that the vest has not even begun worked on, even though she says it has. A week before the vest was due, I basically kept asking her for progress. The deadline was coming soon and at this point, I have absolutely no news on the vest other than "you will get it in time." Well, 3 and a half days before the deadline, she sends me a picture of the vest, and I was absolutely in shock. The vest didn't really look like the picture at all. The collar was too short, collar wasn't inflated enough, the spiral on the back had smeared and leaked ink, the chest pocket clasps weren't centered, and the vest was missing the folded material on the bottom. I tell this to her, and she goes into a huge tantrum. I wish I could post the conversation log here, but since I'm a nice guy, I will do her a favor and save her from the humiliation. But just to summarize, she started typing in bold 40 point font and "yelled" at me for being His Majesty, and whining about every little detail. I mean, this is MY vest, and I hired you! C'mon. I'm not paying her to stand there and look silly. I hired you to make progress, and she had some nerve to to throw a huge fit at me! I told her that this is what happens when you leave someone in the dark and decide to fly solo without consulting me on the details. She later says that she felt "humiliated" that I didn't trust her , so thats why she decided to do everything herself.

I told her that all this stuff is wrong and that she needs to fix it. She then tells me that I will get what I see and that will be that, because fixing things will result in spending more money to buy materials, and that she will not waste this time on such a whiny person like myself. Well in the end, I told her to drop the project, and to keep whatever money I paid her as material costs. Don't even bother to mail the vest and I won't be mailing her the rest of the money. I had enough!! At this point, she suddenly decided that she wasn't mad anymore and apologized and everything. And she offered to fix everything. She ended up redoing most of the parts that I complained about, and the vest expressed mailed to my house the day before halloween. I'm still not satisfied with the vest though. I even had to correct some of the mistakes myself and I had to spend extra money to do so. Apparently, I talked to a couple of people who have hired Gneila before, and it looks like this is a pretty common problem with her. She is completely unresponsive, and getting a straight forward answer from her is harder than finding diversity in an Abercrombie & Fitch catalog. My advice, go somewhere else, and save yourself from the numerous headaches. I'll give her a D+ for effort (or lack of).

Pros: I received it on halloween.

Cons: Unresponsive and poor quality.

Final Grade: D+

Last edited by jdawg224 : 12-11-2009 at 12:02 AM.
jdawg224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2009, 06:19 AM   #1462
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Unread 12-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #1463
Hiroto Sumi
Hiroto Sumi

Name of Commissioner: Chibi-kun
Website/C.com gallery:http://www.freewebs.com/chibi-kun/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Haseo Xth Form wig (.hack // G.U. Redemption)
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Commissioned December 2007
Describe your Experience.
Pros: Well it started out well and she said that she had made a Haseo wig before, so it wouldn't be too difficult of a task. I gave her the money.

Cons: It's been two years. No word from her. Still no wig. She hasn't logged onto this site for a while either. I either got scammed, or she forgot that I paid her.

Comments: This is basically a report stating that I did NOT receive the commissioned item and I had to ask someone else to do it. I still haven't got back my money either. I don't understand it though since I ordered two wigs from her before and they arrived, in really good condition too. But the Haseo wig just never arrived, and she didn't respond to my PM's either.

Final Grade: F

I know Chibi-Kun has already been listed. I just felt like providing this information to warn people I guess. Sorry.
Hiroto Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2009, 02:41 AM   #1464
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

No apologizes! That's one of the reasons this is here You're doing it right~Updated!
Unread 12-16-2009, 09:10 PM   #1465
Vicky.Bjorn

Name of Commissioner: Xeno-designs , designer Jessica

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.xeno-designs.com

Character commissioned and series/video game: Lumiere from Kiddy Grade, costume

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.xeno-designs.com/gallery/costumes/images/lumierev2.jpg

Timeline: I first contacted Jessica on october 24, my costume was ready by november 27. It arrived in the mail on december 9 (from Canada to Belgium).

Pros: The costume is an accurate version of Lumiereís. It has no sewing flaws, doesnít look messy or cheap (I think sometimes cosplay can look somewhat messy or cheap, probably because of the fabric choice). It fits very well (in the future, I will post some pictures of me wearing it). There are hidden snap buttons at the top which makes it very easy to put the costume on. And this way, I donít stretch out or rip the fabric while pulling it over my hips. Communication was very good, I allways got quick replys to my emails. The shipping price turned out to be a lot cheaper so I got a refund for the amount I paid extra.

Cons: I canít really think of anything

Comments: My costume was ready in 4 weeks, which was fast in my opinionÖ and I said she didnít have to rush (no deadline), she had another commission, she got sick in those 4 weeks and she couldnít find the right buttons for the front of the costume. So actually even with some delay it only took 4 weeks! If my budget was bigger I would have definitely ordered the wig too, because Jessica seems to be quite good at wigstyling (you can see on her website).

Final Grade: A+
Vicky.Bjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 08:37 PM   #1466
Crossmesh

Name of Commissioner: Cosplaycommish/Cosplaymandy

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.photobucket.com/cosplaymandy

Character commissioned and series: Jomy Marcus Shin, from Toward the terra

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=DSCF6464.jpg

Timeline: No real timeline, I wasn't in a very big rush. Although I told her it would be nice to have it by December 15, if she could

Pros: SO PATIENT. PATIENT. I'm sure I was more than a little naggy, and she always replied quick and politely.

Fabric choice could not have been better. It was a creamy color, and I told her that if she couldnt find it white would be fine, but she found it! A pleather in creamy color. And all matte like I asked! Also the gold designs look MUCH better than I thought it would. Cape was very conveniently made =D It's just a very nice costume.

EDIT: I FORGOT TO MENTION. Everything was lined. I didn't even ask for that, but she lined everything.

Cons: The only problem with the actual costume is that the gloves are REALLY big. REALLY big. But it was nothing I couldnt fix. . Also it took VERY long to come, and she doesnt add tracking and insurance so I was really worried and panicking that it got lost in mail. It was just Canadian Customs. 3 WEEKS. In customs.

Final Grade: A-

Last edited by Crossmesh : 12-20-2009 at 01:51 AM.
Crossmesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2009, 06:37 PM   #1467
Hiroto Sumi
Hiroto Sumi

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
No apologizes! That's one of the reasons this is here You're doing it right~Updated!
Well, I have a new update about Chibi-Kun. I finally got contacted the other day. Chibi-Kun explained how it wasn't her fault for the wig never arriving, but the people she worked with. So she might pay a refund soon. I think her work is really good. I guess the people just messed up the order or something. So I'll give her a C.
Hiroto Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2009, 01:07 AM   #1468
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharaoh atemu View Post
Well, I have a new update about Chibi-Kun. I finally got contacted the other day. Chibi-Kun explained how it wasn't her fault for the wig never arriving, but the people she worked with. So she might pay a refund soon. I think her work is really good. I guess the people just messed up the order or something. So I'll give her a C.
All righty, just going to need you to update your original review so that the link to the front page stays accurate.

And updated!
Unread 12-27-2009, 01:00 AM   #1469
ZypherDragon24

Name of Commissioner: Athel / Cynthia Kirkland

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/195489

Character commissioned and series/video game: Full costume, timeskip Viral from Gurren Lagann

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item

Boots: http://athelloren-wardancer.devianta...oots-141521409
Full Cosplay: http://athelloren-wardancer.devianta...lete-143707827

Timeline: About a month. No real rush

Experience: I loved it as soon as I saw it. She has done a good job. I think what I loved most about it is how she was able to detail the frayed edges in the cloak and scarf. I find that to probably be the hardest part of this cosplay, especially making it from scratch and trying to prevent those edges from fraying even more with use.

Pros: Very detailed and nearly matches to it canon counterpart

Cons: None to really point out. For her first cosplay commission using some of the techniques she came up with, it came out very well done.

Last Comments: I recommend her fully for any cosplay that people wish to do. She has done and wonderful job with mind and would love to share her talents with others.

Final Grade: A+

Join the cause, give AfterlifeUSEC your heart ~ [http://afterlifeusec.deviantart.com/]
ZypherDragon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2009, 04:10 AM   #1470
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated :>