Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Cosplay.com中文版

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
klaha

Shanghai lolitas?

Hello everyone.

My name is joana and i am a 26 year old girl from Portual and I am going to Shanghai for a month. I will be staying there from the 15th July till the 17th August and I do not know the city or anyone there. I am a bit scared to go all by myself but i'm being sent by my university to study some chinese.
That's why i am posting. I'd love to meet people there and make new friends!

I hope to hear from you soon.
Love,
Joana

Unread 07-11-2009, 06:50 AM   #2
ChibiKashi
Fullmetal Alchemist

Hi Klaha,

I'm going to go there next year for 6 months and I hope to meet new friends here too, who can show me around^^ I have to go to shanghai for pretty much the same reasons as you: my uni sends me there to study chinese and have a work placement there. My worries are exactly the same as yours, really.. I'm afraid to go there alone (well there will be 4 ppl coming with me, but they keep excluding me from their activities, so I'm not that friendly with them ), so I hope to find ppl here I can visit during my stayand look forward to meeting beforehand.
Maybe I'll join some cosplay events there, should be great.
ChibiKashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2009, 09:10 AM   #3
klaha

I didn't get a reply from the normal university in two weeks via email nor from the person who is sending me there (she told me she would call and hasn't) and i'm leaving in two days. To make it worse i arrive in shanghai at around 6pm so the student office might be closed. Its totally lame, maybe i should sleep t the airport and go there in the mornin instead.

I'm going all by myself.
Unread 07-11-2009, 05:31 PM   #4
ChibiKashi
Fullmetal Alchemist

oh no

We could've gone together but unfortunately you go too early.... I know what it is like to be alone....I have it every day at my university... those 4 ppl I learn chinese with are not really my friends, so I'm afraid to end up as alone in Shanghai as I am in Hamburg That's why I hope to find some new friends here... Gosh alone at the airport in shanghai.... You will feel quite lost there I guess.....OMG
Unread 07-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #5
Bloody Snow

I live in Wuhan = =
I think it's easy to make friends in Shanghai, good luck ^_^ .
Bloody Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #6
ChibiKashi
Fullmetal Alchemist

Wink

Thank you, but it'd still be easier, if you already found someone here you get along with. That way you already have someone to look forward to visit and it will make it a lot easier if you already knew someone. otherwise the pressure on you is quite high^^. Your mind makes things worse than they are, if you look at them afterwards, you worry about so many things and afterwards you go like "well, it wasn't that problematic"
Unread 07-20-2009, 12:18 AM   #7
Sandwich_s
夹心

I'm in central region of China,but I have some friends in Shanghai.We're friendly and Ithink you'll easy to make friends~Welcome to China^^
Sandwich_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 10:42 AM   #8
crazycosplay
Banned

i am a chinese

hello,klaha
i'm a chinese,and the same to u,i'm very interested about the foreigner.
if u need help,call me.
i have added u aim already.
crazycosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #9
Yukani-chan
Miles away

ive lived in china for 3 years now and havent meet a single lolita! =T.T= ! I usualy am around people square on nanjing road a few times a month or so.

but only when its cool outside! i hate hate hate the hot weather!
Yukani-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 06:57 AM   #10
ChibiKashi
Fullmetal Alchemist

I would've guessed you to be nice and friendly people ^o^
It's just that China is so big and so far from home and that kinda scares me to be honest.
I looked for some cosplay events and conventions in shanghai and beijing, but I can't find any (probably looking in the wrong places), cause I think cosplay helps too. Since I started cosplaying I have made so many nice friends and I hope to find some nice cosplayers there too to go to events and conventions^^
Unread 01-09-2010, 07:34 AM   #11
Yukani-chan
Miles away

Quote:
Originally Posted by emo-kidxD View Post
I would've guessed you to be nice and friendly people ^o^
It's just that China is so big and so far from home and that kinda scares me to be honest.
I looked for some cosplay events and conventions in shanghai and beijing, but I can't find any (probably looking in the wrong places), cause I think cosplay helps too. Since I started cosplaying I have made so many nice friends and I hope to find some nice cosplayers there too to go to events and conventions^^
Beijing has a magazine dedecated to cosplay and i think ive seen it sold in hangzhou as well.

as for cons, there is a huge comic con event held in shanghai and also hangzhou.

here is a link ! http://en.chinajoy.net/html/Article/...150313801.html
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:06 PM   #12
ChibiKashi
Fullmetal Alchemist

Thanks I'll check it out.
Now it's official I'll go to Shanghai from 15th September to 21st December ^^
Unread 04-14-2010, 07:51 AM   #13
Yukani-chan
Miles away

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiKashi View Post
Thanks I'll check it out.
Now it's official I'll go to Shanghai from 15th September to 21st December ^^
oh here is a better link XD!
Unread 05-03-2010, 04:43 AM   #14
ChibiKashi
Fullmetal Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukani-chan View Post
oh here is a better link XD!
Unfortunately I couldn't open the first link ^^"
aah but the second thanks xD ouh.....the China Joy is in Shanghai..during that time I'll still be in Beijing...zaogao xD

Do you know of any events in Beijing? Or do you have some links to pages where I can find out about events?
Unread 05-05-2010, 11:56 PM   #15
Yukani-chan
Miles away

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiKashi View Post
Unfortunately I couldn't open the first link ^^"
aah but the second thanks xD ouh.....the China Joy is in Shanghai..during that time I'll still be in Beijing...zaogao xD

Do you know of any events in Beijing? Or do you have some links to pages where I can find out about events?
odd the links didnt work lol !

arg i cant find anythign right now on beijing cons, i will ask soem friends and let you know son! i knw they have them beijing is popular with the cosplay scene!