Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 77 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-05-2010, 04:29 PM   #376
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Hey, does any one live in or near Conroe/Willis? I just moved down here and been trying to find other cosplayers down here to hang out with and stuff. And I'm trying to figure out what cons I can afford to do to this year. I was told that I have to go to A-Kon. Though I think I'm going to look into Anime Matsuri and Oni-con because they're in Houston and Houston is a little closer to me then Dallas, which I think is like 3 hours away.

I'm kind of on down time at my job right now, but my bf is going to get me into Krogers because he works there so he said he could get me right in so atleast I have a job and can save up money.

What other cons are good Texas cons? I might only go to like Anime Matsuri and Oni-con, I'll have to see how much money I have saved up by then and like my budget for cosplay and the such since I don't know if my bf will want to stay in a hotel or just drive back and foreth from home. But I think we would save money instead of driving back and foreth every day.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #377
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

I would tell you except I haven't been to any yet. My first con will be A-kon. And I don't even know where Conroe is, sadly. But I feel your pain... there are a definite lack of established cosplayers where I live too. A few of my friends want to start cosplaying, but they're more broke than me, so I feel kinda alone. Even my husband isn't too thrilled at the idea of cosplay... (But I think he'll change his mind once he gets used to his Kefka costume.

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 07:01 PM   #378
FyreGothChylde
Memento Mori

I'd say that Afest and Anime Matsuri are some of the best cons I've been to. ^^ Both just feel so laid back and fun all around. Yulecon is less crowded but still pretty fun for a winter con..X3. Really just depends on what your looking to do at the con I suppose..

I liked San Japan too, though watch out for the heat if your cosplay has a lot of layers..o.o.

Oni was alright though quite a bit crowded in the artist alley area and.. kind of rowdy type people. There were some throwing ice from the balconies.. Then I think the security made everyone go to their rooms one night because of that possibly?..I still dun know the whole story behind them doing that. Xo

As for Ikki, I think I'd go to hang out for a bit but more than most likely not get a badge. It was just the people I hanged out with that made the con awesome IMO..X3.

But yeah just thought I'd give my experiences..^^.

In progress-
Albedo Piazzolla-Xenosaga
Muraki Kazutaka-Yami no matsuei
Naberius"The Bloody" Librum-OC
Ayatane Michitaka-Ar Tonelico

Last edited by FyreGothChylde : 01-05-2010 at 07:13 PM.
FyreGothChylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #379
Thearah
Is the Smexy Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra~Esper View Post
@Thearah: I think it's going to be awesome to the max. But I'm having an issue with my costume. You've seen other Terra cosplayers right? How the heck do they get the patterns right on the dress???
I've actually only seen one! Lol.

Usually when there are patterns or something of that nature on a dress or clothing, I've seen people either embroider it-- if they can-- or paint it on. Usually, it's the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreGothChylde View Post
I'd say that Afest and Anime Matsuri are some of the best cons I've been to. ^^ Both just feel so laid back and fun all around. Yulecon is less crowded but still pretty fun for a winter con..X3. Really just depends on what your looking to do at the con I suppose..

I liked San Japan too, though watch out for the heat if your cosplay has a lot of layers..o.o.

Oni was alright though quite a bit crowded in the artist alley area and.. kind of rowdy type people. There were some throwing ice from the balconies.. Then I think the security made everyone go to their rooms one night because of that possibly?..I still dun know the whole story behind them doing that. Xo

As for Ikki, I think I'd go to hang out for a bit but more than most likely not get a badge. It was just the people I hanged out with that made the con awesome IMO..X3.

But yeah just thought I'd give my experiences..^^.

Yea, Oni was... rambunctious. I had never seen so many unsupervised teenagers in one place in my life. =.=

Officer Jenny ---> 80%
Thearah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #380
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

Yulecon sounds interesting. It would be nice to do something over Christmas...

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Unread 01-06-2010, 02:58 AM   #381
Kung_Fu_Candy
Chaos in a small frame

My personal favorite Texas cons are A-Kon and AFest, although I've heard Anime Matsuri is amazing (it's just too far away for me and happens to fall on a major religious holiday =___=)!

I'm looking for any JPop/KPop cosplayers, or cosplayers interested in singing and dancing, in the DFW area! XD My dance group is looking to expand before the summer con season, when we have a bunch of performances lined up! So if anybody is interested/knows anyone who would be, please drop me a line! ^o^
Kung_Fu_Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #382
darthseb
the dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreGothChylde View Post
I liked San Japan too, though watch out for the heat if your cosplay has a lot of layers.
Actually, the con's new venue supposedly fixes the heat issues.
darthseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #383
Shadowimage
Gaming Fiend

Quote:
@Shadow: Eh, it happens. Gotta love those little gremlins and such in the systems. ^.^;;; So you're coming to A-kon too? What costumes are you gonna show us???
I am absolutely going to A-kon, I would like to go everyday but that depends on work -_-....Sat and Sun for sure. I am very excited I've been wanting to go for the past 2 years but there were always issues with money or bad timing. This year I planned around it so I am going no matter what. Since this con is much closer to home I'll have more access to my costumes....even if it's only 2 currently. ^_^ Working on a third. Depending on which days I can go I might showcase them all. I will do Fierce Deity Link no doubt, I may do my Hayoto Kanzaki as well since I've only worn it once and if I have it done I will be doing Shadow the Hedghog but it will be more of an orginal design a human version if you could imagine that. I'll keep everyone posted as the con grows closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thearah View Post
A-kon is a blast, and if you wear your Fierce Diety Link (which, btw, WAS FANTASTIC. I wish I had had my camera on me. ;_, you'd be a great hit. Lol. A-kon CAN be disorganized at times, but I think that it's because it's so freaking big and there are so many people loose.

I heard about the probs at Matsuri, but I heard that it was still a good con, so I want to go. :3 I hope it turns out good.
^_^ thank you I had a lot of fun wearing that costume, as I said I'll be wearing it again at A-kon so you'll get another photo shot chance. Which reminds me I got the Team Rocket photo (Loved it!! All you need is a meowth lol) but I missed Fran I'll have to get that at A-kon. I gotta see that in person it looks amazingly good one of the best!

Matsuri was really good despite the techincal fowl ups I had a great time, they even had this booth where you could get some pro pics of your costume (In my Hayoto gallery the 2 pics with the black background are from that booth) I do want to go again just not sure if I will or can. Hopefully I will.
Shadowimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 02:22 PM   #384
Thearah
Is the Smexy Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowimage View Post
I am absolutely going to A-kon, I would like to go everyday but that depends on work -_-....Sat and Sun for sure. I am very excited I've been wanting to go for the past 2 years but there were always issues with money or bad timing. This year I planned around it so I am going no matter what. Since this con is much closer to home I'll have more access to my costumes....even if it's only 2 currently. ^_^ Working on a third. Depending on which days I can go I might showcase them all. I will do Fierce Deity Link no doubt, I may do my Hayoto Kanzaki as well since I've only worn it once and if I have it done I will be doing Shadow the Hedghog but it will be more of an orginal design a human version if you could imagine that. I'll keep everyone posted as the con grows closer.

^_^ thank you I had a lot of fun wearing that costume, as I said I'll be wearing it again at A-kon so you'll get another photo shot chance. Which reminds me I got the Team Rocket photo (Loved it!! All you need is a meowth lol) but I missed Fran I'll have to get that at A-kon. I gotta see that in person it looks amazingly good one of the best!

Matsuri was really good despite the techincal fowl ups I had a great time, they even had this booth where you could get some pro pics of your costume (In my Hayoto gallery the 2 pics with the black background are from that booth) I do want to go again just not sure if I will or can. Hopefully I will.

We'll have a Meowth at A-kon prolly. :3 And we might wear Team Rocket again at Matsuri-- I hope I can get my hair into shape by then. @.@

And thank you! I was going to wear Fran on Saturady too, but I just really didn't want to. It's a really tiring cosplay, you have no idea. xD It takes forever to put on and get off, and once I'm in it, I really can't move around a whole lot. Lol.

But at A-kon, it should be the final and AWESOME version. :3

Officer Jenny ---> 80%
Unread 01-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #385
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

LOL I'm not sure what order my costumes are gonna go in. Depends on if there's an FF6 photoshoot or not. I'd LOVE to get some kick ass pictures. I am working on a moogle plushie currently, which I will convert into a purse to hold all my stuff. It's gonna be cute!!! And since I'll be Terra, it'll make sense to have a fluffy moogle around. ^.^

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Unread 01-06-2010, 05:28 PM   #386
darthseb
the dude

Speaking of FF6 I've always wanted to do Shadow or Cyan but I've never been able to find sufficient reference.
darthseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 05:29 PM   #387
Thearah
Is the Smexy Fran

Quote:
LOL I'm not sure what order my costumes are gonna go in. Depends on if there's an FF6 photoshoot or not. I'd LOVE to get some kick ass pictures. I am working on a moogle plushie currently, which I will convert into a purse to hold all my stuff. It's gonna be cute!!! And since I'll be Terra, it'll make sense to have a fluffy moogle around. ^.^
I DO know that there will be a mass Final Fantasy Photoshoot. :3

Officer Jenny ---> 80%
Unread 01-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #388
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

Woo-hoo! That'll be awesome! I'll probably do that as Esper Terra then. ^.^

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Unread 01-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #389
Shadowimage
Gaming Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thearah View Post
We'll have a Meowth at A-kon prolly. :3 And we might wear Team Rocket again at Matsuri-- I hope I can get my hair into shape by then. @.@

And thank you! I was going to wear Fran on Saturady too, but I just really didn't want to. It's a really tiring cosplay, you have no idea. xD It takes forever to put on and get off, and once I'm in it, I really can't move around a whole lot. Lol.

But at A-kon, it should be the final and AWESOME version. :3

Sweet! That would be so awesome to have Meowth as the final touch, and good luck with the hair that is quite a challenge to get into the shape Jessie has it. She must use a barrel full of gel or something, lol! I've seen a few people pull it off so I know it can be done, just gotta get creative.

I can imagine it does look like it would take a bit of time to put all those armor bits on and what not, I don't blame you I was gonna wear FD Link Sunday but I really didn't want to have to drive back home in costume for 3 hours not to mention that was the day I bought a lot of stuff from the dealer room sooo yeah giant sword, clunky armor and bags of junk doesn't mix well together.

Look forward to seeing the final product at A-kon! I should have a few tweeks on mine as well.
Shadowimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #390
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

I'm sooooo excited!!! Would you guys like to see progress pics on the moogle doll? I embroidered the face last night, and am currently working on the seams.

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%