Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-15-2010, 04:26 AM   #16
kuro-nee
Instant noodles eater

I'm actually painfully shy that somehow it affects how I pose, especially during photoshoots. In the end the picture looks unnatural. Maybe its just me. D=
kuro-nee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-15-2010, 05:20 AM   #17
SycoTik
Ani-Winning!

Sometimes I tend to be the shy type when approaching a stranger for any reason. Though they are fellow cosplayers, I tend to get awkward at times. Other times I don't, it's really the mind frame I have or my mood but I do get shy.
Anime Expo 2014
hopefully ComicCon 2014
SycoTik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #18
Pocketfightr
Merc who grants wishes

I'm very shy. I never can go up to people and just talk with them. If they come up to me, I'm a tad less shy, but still not very good at talking to strangers.
Nene (Bubblegum Crisis) -eventually?

2014 Cons:
Detour
Acen
Dragon*Con
Nebraskon
Pocketfightr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #19
Horu-chan
Aspiring Magical Girl

LOL, this is kinda my cosplay life story, going from shy to confident in a year.

I am shy to people I don't know, but its different with people I don't know and who don't cosplay/like anime or manga. If I was in a room full of people I don't know but cosplay (particularly at con) it is a lot easier for me to approach them, especially if they are cosplaying from a series I like. But on the other hand, since I have started getting into wearing cosplay and lolita last year, I've been able to come out of my shell more and if people I associate with don't understand cosplay, I explain to them what it is and why I'm into it. If they still don't understand it, I just let it go.

If you asked me 3 years ago to go in public wearing cosplay (for example: Rin Kagamine), I would've said no because I was scared to get picked on (I was bullied in high school also) but in the last year, I've grown some backbone and I basically say "Screw you all!! If you don't like it, don't look at it!!" Cosplay has given me confidence I never had. Hell, for the Dance presentation at school last year, in front of over half of the student body at my high school, my best friend and I, did a dance to a remixed version of a bunch of (Japanese, of course) anime songs and we cosplayed too!!! It was the most A-MA-ZING feeling. My heart pounded and I felt great, it was my "This is who I really am" moment.

But now I'm scared crapless to do a walk-on or skit at con! ._.'
(Field's of Hope) Lacus Clyne from Gundam Seed Destiny

Conventions:
East Coast Comic Expo (May 18th)
Animaritime (June 28th-30th)
Harbour Con-Fusion (August 2nd-4th)
Hal-con (November 8th-10th)

Last edited by Horu-chan : 02-15-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Horu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 10:04 AM   #20
DeviousDybbuk

I'm really shy too, but I'm a lot better than when I was in school... cosplaying always helps

I think I just decided one day that I was going to be myself, and it didn't matter if there were people who didn't like me because of it. In the end, you will find others who accept you for yourself, and they will be your true friends. Yeah, I know everyone knows this basic lesson, but it's really hard to realize at times.
Yuko Ichihara (Time Witch Dress)
Máurine D'Evereux (Original Character)

My original manga, Strange Bedfellows, is now online! http://stranfellows.smackjeeves.com/

Last edited by DeviousDybbuk : 02-15-2010 at 10:11 AM.
DeviousDybbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 08:28 PM   #21
lost_teflon
SHOXX is my VOGUE

I was always a pretty shy person, and still am in some respects. But like others here, cosplaying did give me a form of confidence. The great thing is you already know you have one big thing in common with these people. Cosplaying is just about going out there and enjoying yourself, and from the get-go I found the "anime community" really open and welcoming. (At school clubs, for instance.)

Otakon 2011 Lineup
Jasmine You (Revenant Choir)- Friday and Saturday
Switzerland- Sunday

2011 shall be known as the year of epic j-rock cosplay!
Jasmine You~ Revenant Choir (DONE)
Hizaki~ Philia and Masquerade (Maybe....)
Reita~ Filth in the Beauty (if I have energy!)

lost_teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 09:56 PM   #22
atlantisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhDPepper View Post
Don't let my Forum Avatar fool you, I'm actually shy, lol.
Oh gosh, I laughed pretty hard when I saw your avatar after reading that you were shy! Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketfightr View Post
I'm very shy. I never can go up to people and just talk with them. If they come up to me, I'm a tad less shy, but still not very good at talking to strangers.
Yeah I actually find it easier to open up when a person comes up to me. But if I want to gush about how much I like their cosplay, it's quite easy! xD

----

I myself used to be REALLY shy. I knew it too, but after high school, encountering a lot of different people, you know... you just start to think, "whatever, screw that I'm being scared of not being myself!" and I just started being the real me and unrestrainedly made sure that I wasn't being a loner person! You know? You just gotta shift into that mentality and if cosplay helps, good luck to you! More power to you.

My deviantArt!
Upcoming cons: ALA, Anime Conji, Fanime, Anime Expo
atlantisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 11:14 PM   #23
minuki_sama

Outside of cons I'm really shy and antisocial. At cons, I'm still pretty bad but I'm a little more willing to talk to people. I can be shy about cosplay mostly because I'm still a beginner and I'm really paranoid about what people think of my costume, how I look in it, etc.

I will still never approach a stranger. Ever. I just can't. xD

Working on - Stocking [PSG] || Aigis [Persona 3] || Naoto Shirogane [Persona 4] || Dahlia Hawthorne [Phoenix Wright]
minuki_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 11:33 PM   #24
EgnirysFaye
Knows all your secrets

I'm quite shy - really self concious about first impressions, that is for sure! Sometimes I just feel that I must sound so awkward XD

Buuut I am working on it. Need to boost the confidence and comfort up some more and dash the ultra shyness. Mind you, like others, I have gotten much less shy over the years thanks to cosplay (And being in University helps too)

Future/In Progress Cosplays:
||Lyanna (95%) ::Game of Thrones ASOIAF||King Canute::Vinland Saga
|| ? ::Once Upon a Time || Princess Tutu::Princess Tutu{Coppelia}||Louise Belcher::Bob's Burger's
EgnirysFaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 11:51 PM   #25
Sesshomaru 12
TO NARNIA!! *trip*

I'm sssssssssuuuuuuuuuuppppppppeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr shy >.< But cosplay has helped me a lot in becoming more open. Iv made a bunch of friends at cons because we all have the same interests and cosplay makes me more confident ^^
- Fanime
- Anime Expo
Sesshomaru 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 12:19 AM   #26
SilverHelix
That one person

I'm abit shy. Its hard for me to strike up conversations with others until I feel comfortable enough. But when I'm feeling comfortable, I tend to open up more and more. I made a few friends while at conventions, and I'd like to make even more. I plan on breaking my shy habit ;D
SilverHelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 12:23 AM   #27
Tabby-chan
Aka: Natsuno Yuuki

im shy when im not at a con. the only time i got really shy at a con was last year when i saw nova and twinfools fromfightingdreamers pro (a cosplay group) and i was all red and shy when i talked to them and asked for a picture lol
Unread 02-16-2010, 12:37 AM   #28
F. Silverberg

Don't believe in the lies being propagated here. There are no shy people at cons. You're all by yourself here this time, sorry.
Unread 02-16-2010, 01:18 AM   #29
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

I'm very shy whether it comes to cosplaying or real life. SOOOO Hopefully my first con will open me up to being "blah blah blah blah!!!" Then "......."

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 01:34 AM   #30
Maneki_Neko14
バナナ

im only shy if I feel intimidated, or if I'm seriously trying to be someone's friend, I start to feel like i'm failing at it... confidence issues? XD
though at a con I'll happily run up and be like "HEY! Can i have a pic of you guys?" or join in the fangirls screaming over whoever etc., I'm pretty outgoing, and I'm a camerawhore... but I'm pretty shy outside of cons, I get all quiet and hardly ever talk unless its just me and my friends (then I start being loud and abnoxious again =P)
Planned: Legolas Greenleaf|Aragorn|Claude Faustus|JBF Boy|Shizuo Heiwajima

Finished|WIP|Not Started

plans will probably change C:
Current Fandom = Lord of the Rings

Stalk Me?
dA|FB|Cure|YT|Twitt.
Maneki_Neko14 is offline   Reply With Quote