Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-03-2010, 05:55 PM   #31
Tenel Ka
would you kindly...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaChu View Post

I also want to cosplay Zillah from Lost Souls? by Poppy Z. Brite although I would obviouslly need a Nothing.
This would be so amazing!

I've done a couple costumes from Star Wars books and Stephen King books. I don't know how obscure those count as, but the King books I've done costumes from (The Long Walk, Lisey's Story, etc.) are not his most popular books by far.

It's always a lot of fun to cosplay obscure book characters cause then when those one or two people recognize you that makes it worth it!

Dragon*Con '12: Tenel Ka (Young Jedi Knights) || Kinzie Kensington (Saints Row: The Third) || Jaryn - The Glitterati (Dance Central 2) Barbie (Toy Story 3) || Princess Bubblegum (Adventure Time)
Tenel Ka is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #32
o0Hitsuzen0o

I've got a Sabriel cosplay in the works from the Abhorsen/Old Kingdom Trilogy. I wanted to have it done for Katsucon, but that didn't work out, unfortunately.

Friend me on facebook or follow me on tumblr or deviantart~!
Facebook
Tumblr
Deviantart
o0Hitsuzen0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 11:41 PM   #33
Le Communard
A Voice Called and I Came

Although not eactly Literature, I've been seriosly considering doing Vladimir from Samuel Becket's Waiting for Godot. It would pretty much be a basic Tramp costume (but with the Bowler--can't forget the Bowler). What I'd do, though, would be put a sign on my back, something to the tune of "Have you seen Godot?", but more snappy. Not only would this distinguish me but, in a true exercise in Post-Modernism, would cause significant confusion RE: the Phoenix Wright Godot, introducing a fascinating paradox of the signifier. If only I could find a Gogo...

The other fun one in that vein would be Rosencranz and Guildenstern, but you'd really have to have two for that.

And I've always also turned over Yossarian, as well, but I'm not sure how I would ever get that distinct enough and keep the cost down. Maybe one day.

Last edited by Le Communard : 02-03-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Le Communard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 04:09 PM   #34
troopermatthew

Dr Syn: The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh.

Google it as im pretty sure alot of you wont know that one
Unread 02-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #35
Torquemada

I cosplay as Captain Isambard Smith from the Space Captain Smith Novels.
I intend to wear it when I interview the author in a few weeks.
Torquemada is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 08:59 PM   #36
E. Hyde
likes synthetic fibers

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0Hitsuzen0o View Post
I've got a Sabriel cosplay in the works from the Abhorsen/Old Kingdom Trilogy. I wanted to have it done for Katsucon, but that didn't work out, unfortunately.
Cool, I'm working on a Sabriel costume too! I'm just working from the description, though, not the cover illustration. That's one of the things I like about book costumes -- you get a fair amount of freedom with the design.

I got my bells last Friday and I'm afraid I've probably been bothering my neighbors quite a bit trying to figure out what songs I can play with a single scale
E. Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #37
WaevRa

Quote:
Originally Posted by baw61983 View Post
There have been a few I have thought of myself, but I would like to do a Green Rider uniform from the series by Kristen Britain. I just hold back because I doubt anyone would know it.

Oh man, I would LOVE to see that! Especially if you cosplayed Lil Ambriodhe! That would be amazing!!!
WaevRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #38
jianna
DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS

I've always wanted to do a cosplay from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, but I'm not terribly fond of the TV or Movie designs for the people I'd want to cosplay (Ford or Trillian) and they don't even get much description in the books.

Most depressing.

Now on DeviantArt!
jianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #39
Organic Armor

Hooray for obscure literary characters! I loved The Magicians (Alice is a good choice). Yvaine too - have you seen the graphic novel version of Stardust?
The Dark is Rising is a great series.
I'm thinking of Mrs. Which, Whatsit or Who in a Wrinkle in Time. Also Mistress Weatherwax or Miss Treason of The Wee Free Men series.....
Unread 02-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #40
E. Hyde
likes synthetic fibers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organic Armor View Post
Also Mistress Weatherwax or Miss Treason of The Wee Free Men series.....
I'd love to see a Granny Weatherwax costume. Last summer at Comic Con I saw someone dressed as Rincewind (with the Luggage), which was pretty cool. If I did a Discworld costume I'd probably want to go as Susan.
E. Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #41
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

I've got a "Lenore" costume from the Edgar Allen Poe poems. It actually started out as an 1830s mourning dress, but then a friend saw it and said "You should wear that to the goth club. You can say you're representing Poe." That was when the lightbulb went off.
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #42
Allisande
Overly Inquisitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yainawai View Post
I'm guilty of Juliet Butler from the Artemis Fowl book series. I wore it for a premier of the latest book, but no one recognized it, even with the jade hair ring and glittery eye shadow. I really hope they get made into an awesome set of movies! If you don't know them, they are by Eoin Colfer, and they are a young people series like Harry Potter, but smarter. I've enjoyed them from teen-hood onwards.
Yay! Another fan! I'd totally cosplay Holly Short from the Artemis Fowl series, since I've got the general appearance and hair anyway, but I don't think anyone would recognize me.
Allisande is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #43
DarkBaroness
Self-Rescuing Princess

I so desperately want to do a Moiraine Damodred, Egwene al'Vere as Amyrlin Seat, Nynaeve al'Meara, or Min Farshaw outfit. Still irks me that the women of that world are all supposed to be about 5 feet tall!

Or Aunt Polgara. Always adored her.
Unread 03-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #44
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

I DID see someone dress as Polgara once at a con in Ohio. I asked her if that was her costume, and she told me it was.

I want to see Redwall fursuits, personally.

On the topic of Discworld, I've done Maladict from Monstrous Regiment, and people knew who I was even at a small con.

The Rincewind is famous now! One of my friends saw him too and told me.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!

Last edited by supergeekgirl : 03-02-2010 at 10:00 AM.
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 10:19 AM   #45
Snowhite_Dahlia
Bitches don't know.

I would loooooove to do Polgara from the Eddings' series - I fell in love with those books when I was in middle school! Maybe for Dragon*Con some year.
Snowhite_Dahlia is offline   Reply With Quote