Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1430 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-20-2010, 10:41 PM   #1486
Arimas
Today I was Awsome!

Name of Commissioner: MajesticLunacy

Website: http://majesticlunacy.deviantart.com/ (She also has a Cosplay.com account. Same name as her DA.)

Character commissioned and series/video game: C.C. from Code Geass R2(Black Knight Dress, Belts, and Armwarmers)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: These are the pics I got as I haven't had any time to try on the cosplay at the moment ^_^;
http://majesticlunacy.deviantart.com...lete-135542227
http://majesticlunacy.deviantart.com...bias-134708764

Timeline: Talked to on...July? I think. Paid on August. I got the items on January because it took me a bit to send in the final payment...

Pros:
•Communication was fast.
•She was very nice and understanding during the whole process.
•Provided progress pictures when asked.
•The items are very good quality

Cons:
I can't think of any

Comments: I will commision this person again! She is just wonderful

Final Grade: A+
Anime Central 2011

Sucks to your ass-mar!
Arimas is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #1487
Myuutsuufan
Myuutsufan

Name of Commissioner: Gneila

Website/C.com gallery: http://beyondthereflection.com

Character commissioned and series: Hiruko's coat from Nightmare Inspector

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Never received.

Timeline: about 2 months. (September 1st ~ November 1st) I needed the coat for November 13th (Izumicon)

Experience:

I'm going to list EVERYTHING that has gone wrong with this commission, and you can be the judge of whether I should be angry or whatever:

I 'hired' (or commissioned, basically I paid for her services) Gneila to make a "Nightmare Inspector" cosplay (Hiruko's coat). A simple off the shoulder coat for $100. Nothing more, just the coat.:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: Slow communication. Not kidding, it would take her at least 2-4 days to respond to anything. At the beginning, she always answered my phone calls, but about halfway through the timespan she was supposed to be "working" on the coat...communication haulted. Granted, I'll put in the possibility that she's busy. Her page seemed popular and she got good ratings and recommendations (this is before jdawg224 put up his experience). So, if I had known what was in store...I would have ran the other direction.

2: The item was not completed by the day she said it would be. Here's what first ticked me off. I commissioned this woman in AUGUST 31ST and paid her SEPTEMBER 1ST and the item was supposed to be ready by NOVEMBER 1ST! The 1st came and left, with only less than two weeks until the convention.

3: Delays. Now, granted, I'm not heartless. The first thing I heard after three days of the date of when the commission should have been completed, I called the woman up and asked what was up and why I hadn't gotten any feedback about the commission.

-----Her answer? "I had a heart attack." Now, this was around the time that my grandpa had had a heart attack, so I sympathized with her. She said that it would be shipped out the following week and she would call me to tell me it was on it's way. Next week came and went with no word. Now, five days until the convention. I call back saying that the coat didn't make it to my home and if she sent it.

-----Her answer? "I had some housing issues that needed to be taken care of." At this point, I'm thinking "WHAT THE F***?!" She said that she would ship it the next day and it should be there two days before the convention. Being the 'kind' person I am...I let this slide. So I simply expressed the urgency that the con was a mere five days away and that I really did need it. She expressed her apologies and said that it would indeed be shipped as she said.

4: Day to leave for the convention (also the day the convention started, a Friday), and sure enough...no item. I spend the entire morning trying to get a hold of her, and finally, 30 minutes before we were supposed to leave, I did. I told her that it was the day of the convention and that I still didn't have my item. She expressed her apologies...now, most people would be thinking "she has to give you a refund now" right? WRONG! "I'll ship it to the hotel" is her reply. By now, I am beyond pissed and I had more than half a mind to call it all off and demand my money back...but no. I gave her the benefit if the doubt and gave her the hotel's address. I told her that the con was three days long and that that day was the first day. She said that it would definitely be there. So we go on our not-so-merry way to the con in the next city. My friend was also WTF when I told her about the commissioner.

5: Next day at the con, I try calling the woman to make sure she sent it....the entire day, she never once picked up the phone. And I have no access to a computer to send emails. I go down to the front desk in the evening to see if any packages came, and sure enough...nothing for me. So I thought, well, maybe it'll be here before we leave tomorrow. WRONG!

6: Third, and last, day of the con. We had to be out of our room by noon, and had everything packed away in the car, ready to just walk around and admire the items and cosplays there. I check by the front desk again, and still...you guessed it...nothing. I was not happy on the ride home to say the least. I spent the next two days calling the woman, and she never answered. Surprise, surprise.

7: And my favorite thing that happened. I came home p***ed. I sent her an angry email saying that this was the worst experience with commissioning that I've ever had and that she would not be having my business again and that I expected a refund. At this point, I wasn't even sure she even MADE the coat to begin with (I'm still not sure she has), having not been updated when asked to send pictures of it. This response was different from the rest...it was quickly responded to.

------Her response? "the fail is completely my fault. I would like to offer you an additional garment to be completed and sent to you in addition to make up for the failure." (11-17-2009)

Now, I'm thinking =_= "Just give me the f***ing coat...that's what I originally paid for." So, I asked her to make me a pokemon hoodie and send it with the coat. Stupid me.

Needless to say, I'm p***ed and I now expect TWO things out of her, or a refund. Which I'm never probably going to get any of those. I know she's seen that I've left her messages on here, because her pages says that she logs in about every two days...and I leave a message everyday.

Pros: Helpful in beginning

Cons: Little to no communication (it's been over a month since I last communicated with her), never received the item (the most recent communication I had with her was when she promised to send the coat out the week of Christmas), made excuses to push back when the coat was to be sent

UPDATE:
Two years later...still nothing. Avoid this commissioner at ALL costs! She's a scammer and a liar!

UPDATE #2:
Three years later...still nothing. There's some communication going on, and her (again) promising the refund that she owes. I'll only believe it when I see it, unfortunately.

Grade: F-

Forgive your enemies, but don't forget their names.

Last edited by Myuutsuufan : 03-08-2012 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Update
Myuutsuufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 11:43 PM   #1488
Robin-Sena

Name of Commissioner: Setsunakou

Character commissioned and series/video game: Robin's scarlet duster and gloves from Witch Hunter Robin. Yuna's default staff from Final Fantasy X.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2159753/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2205728/

Timeline: I ordered my Robin jacket and gloves in late March 2006 and got it in early May 2006. I ordered my Yuna staff in late February/early March 2007 and received it in early May 2007.

Pros:
Good communication
Very friendly
Quality work. Everything I've ordered from them is still in great condition 3+ years later.

Cons:
None.

Comments: I commissioned them twice, because they do such a nice job. I am very pleased with what I bought from them and I'll probably commission them again some time in the future.

Unread 02-03-2010, 09:39 PM   #1489
ShirokiYuutsu
Parallel Hearts

Name of Commissioner: Izaya

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/119337/

Commission: Cheese-kun doll (Code Geass)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...0203001651.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): 3 weeks

Pros: Izaya was extremely sweet, thoughtful, and patient through the whole commissioning process. Her responses were speedy (she replied within a day at most), and she sent me the occasional update, too. I needed my Cheese-kun on 2/2/10, but fortunately, she was kind enough to go out of her way to mail it to me on Friday (1/29/10) so that I'd get it on time. I wanted my Cheese-kun doll to be a little darker yellow than what she usually made, so she went and bought a darker fabric. I was a little worried, but as soon as I opened the box, I found out that Izaya definitely knew what she was doing. The color was perfect, and the Cheese-kun is absolutely adorable! It was really, really soft, too!

Cons: The eyes and mouth are hotglued on, so it's a little bit messy. Also, the hat is a little inaccurate and small... but I can live with both of these things, haha.

Overall: If you're looking to have a Cheese-kun doll commissioned, Izaya would definitely be my first and only recommendation.

Final Grade: A
ShirokiYuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2010, 07:26 AM   #1490
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Am still about. It let me update the date today, but the other posts still disappear when I attempt to edit them. Attempts to contact Admin continue to be in vain, still at it.
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 12:15 AM   #1491
Shinigamia

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay1/Ajie Nugroho

Item purchased: Costume for Sync the Tempest (Tales of the Abyss) which included pants, gloves, a mask, a coat, a smaller overjacket and various other little parts.

Links to picture(s) of your received item: http://www.cosplay1.com/dtProduct.php?pId=925#

Timeline: I believe I ordered around Christmas of 2009, and I received the order itself today, 2/8/10. That's a little over a month for what I consider a decently complicated costume, not even including shipping (I live on the East Coast of the US, and they are located in Indonesia). I was initially expecting progress shots around now, so overall I am very happy with the speed of the making of the costume.

Pros: Communication was quite fast. After emailing them I would never have to wait more than a day or two at most for a response. The speed in which they assembled the costume was impressive as well, and their pricing seemed very fair. They also took care of all my nitpicks while the costume was being without complaint whatsoever, even though I'm quite sure one of my requests ended up in major edits being done to the main body of the costume. The costume itself is fabulous; the pictures on the website don't do it justice.
The costume fits nice and snugly, but I gave them measurements that were a couple of centimeters larger than the exact ones I took after reading other reviews on this board that they tended to make costumes a tad too small.

Cons: I feel like there was something of a language barrier between us, and many of the questions I asked and suggestions I made went unanswered and uncommented on. However, in the end everything ended up being fine.

Overall: Despite small difficulties in communication, the whole transaction was very enjoyable and I would definitely recommend this costume-maker.

Shinigamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #1492
Ellie-chan1212

Commission from Cosplay1

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay1
Website/C.com gallery: Cosplay1.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Alice from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of A New World (Full costume, no prop.)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
1) http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...2/102_1208.jpg
2) http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...2/102_1209.jpg
3) http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...2/102_1210.jpg
4) http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...2/102_1211.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process): About a month and a half, including shipping.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
She did a fantastic job. Very accommodating, even made legwarmers at my request that other commissioners would have charged extra for. The quality is great; everything is lined and well made. She paid great attention to detail and even sought out the buckles I needed as accessories. Quick communication, always replied within 24 hours if not sooner. Polite and willing to work with the buyer, Cosplay1 may not be the most affordable (though the prices are far from what limebarb charges) commissioner, but it's well worth the money.
Ellie-chan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 07:58 AM   #1493
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Name of Merchant Prichara
Website http://www.prichara.com/site/index.html
Item purchased Pre-styled TUNA (1), Twintail ~ corn cream yellow (1)
Photos: twintail in action, the TUNA was for someone else (but apparently they loved it)
Timeline Two days (within Japan)

Ordered two wigs from Prichara on a Sunday (when the shop is closed). The order was processed on Monday. I recieved the wigs on Tuesday.

All items were shipped as described in individual boxes and bundled inside wig nets. The wigs arrived smooth, untangled and as-pictured on the website. The TSUNA wig requires a bit of wax to finish ~ but otherwise, they're ready-to-wear. The twintail has a large section of false scalp along the part and looks seamless. No nets showing or bare spots. The only possible gripe is that the twintail wig is a bit small (because of the visable scalp/styling, this is standard for pull-back twin tails and the cut of the bangs and sidelocks and the inclusion of combs in the wig-cap make it possible to hide the entire hairline cleanly... but prichara's twintail is definately not for big heads!!!!) Photos are also representative of actual colors.

The order was shipped along with two free gifts ~ a black wig net and a pair of false lashes.

VERY pleased with the transaction.

I used COD (collect-on-delivery). Recommend this method especially if your Japanese isn't particularly up-to-snuff. You only need pay the postman when he arrives.

Prichara only ships within Japan but you may be able to order their products through finders' services or overseas-auction handlers for a commission.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 04-05-2010 at 04:31 AM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 11:13 AM   #1494
Saber-chan

Name of Commissioner: Cosplaycommish/Cosplaymandy
Website/C.com gallery: http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/cosplaymandy/
Character commissioned: Illyasviel von Einzbern from Fate/stay night. I asked her to do Illya's regular outfit, which is the shirt, scarf, and skirt.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...lyacosplay.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process): It took less than a month. I had this commissioned back in September of 2009 and it was done by early October. I hadn't given her a set deadline because at the time I had no cons until April
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: The communication with this seller is phenomenal. She was more than happy to answer all my questions, provide feedback, etc. I originally chose her because of quality and price and I am quite pleased that I did. The only downfall to the costume (and this is my own fault) was that it sits on my hips, and not my waist. I'm not used to articles like this, but I can say that she has modified her measurement sheet to include this now. I've only worn the outfit a few times to show others what it looks like so I haven't worn it to a con just yet. Highly recommend her and in fact am in the process of getting a more complicated outfit completed.
Illysaviel (Fs/n): casual wear (Saturday; photoshoot only)
Saber-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 10:53 PM   #1495
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Name of Commissioner - Cosplay1.com / nugrosjp / Ajie Nugroho

Character commissioned - Shiki from Black Cat
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item - Will post when I do my photo shoot. =)
Timeline (how long your order took to process) - About a month from commission to delivery.
Describe your Experience -
-----------------------------------------
Pros - This is my second commission from Ajie Nugroho and the fourth from her between my friends and she did another great job once again. She kept me up to date with every step of the commission. She sent me e-mails asking if each step was accurate, the right size, color and if everything looked right before she did it. She does wonderful work and ships instantly when she is finished. The outfit fits great and looks wonderful. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a great costume for anyone that does not have the time to sew. She puts an extreme amount of effort into the whole process.
-----------------------------------------
Cons - None

Final Grade: A++
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 08:44 PM   #1496
kawaiikayochan
Offical Tomato box fairy

I couldn't find anything on cosplay house. Has anyone ordered from there, how well is the costumes made?
Unread 02-20-2010, 10:39 PM   #1497
Lovelychristina
Free hugs inquire within.

Name of Commissioner: Gneila
Website/C.com gallery:http://beyondthereflection.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game: Hellsing pip (Entire outfit), Nerima Daikon brothers (jacket) , Junjou romantica (vest)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: None
Timeline almost a Year and still waiting.
Describe your Experience: to put it simple I commissioned back in march of 09 to do a couple of Items I paid her and it was all suppose to be done in may before the con and it never showed up. After contacting her she told me her father died so I decided to give her a break and have her complete one outfit instead of all three, so I had her do a Bleach Soi fong capt outfit. It was promised in January and a no show, She ended up moving to a new apartment and it was packed in her items.Finally I asked her for my money back I will update when transaction is complete. Thanks to her I've stopped cosplaying.
Final Grade F-
Lovelychristina is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2010, 07:49 PM   #1498
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Sorry KawaiiKayochan, if it's not listed, it's pretty likely that no one here has experience with it.

And we're finally updated again! Huzzah to Admin for the bug fixing!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2010, 08:18 PM   #1499
Nyoa

Hello! I hope I'm doing this right? It's been ages since I've been to the forum and /so much/ has changed. I apologize if this is the wrong thread.

My question is, FashionCos.com. Does anyone have any experience with them? Are they good? Good quality work? I was looking to order their Axis Powers Hetalia (USA) costume. (Located: [url=http://fashioncos.com/onlineshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_101&produ cts_id=402]here[/ur] ) for $75 (plus shipping, I'd assume).

I just wanted to hear anything, if there was anything, before I went ahead and did it? Thank you!

And apologies again if this is the wrong section. Couldn't..quite figure out where else it could possibly go.
Nyoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 06:24 PM   #1500
Rosalae

Name of Merchant: ProfessionalOnly.
Item Purchased: 1 long pink wig.
Pictures: Sadly, I don't own a camera... XD;
Timeline: Um, it took about a week or two from the time I bought it to get to my house. I'm Canadian though, so it'd probably take less time for... non-Canadians.

Experience: The standard eBay experience: win item, do happy dance, pay, receive, gloat.

Pros: Easy to brush through... and I mean BRUSH through. I didn't really know of the brush-to-wig taboo when I bought this wig, but it's still in nice shape afterward. For what I paid, the quality is pretty excellent and the fibers are thick enough so that the netting doesn't show.

Cons: The picture on their listing is extremely whited out. The wig is a tad lighter than I thought it would be, and the wefts are thin... just thick enough to cover the netting, but nothing too noticeable.

Final Comments: A nice first wig. <3 Not amazing, but also not mediocre.
Final Grade: B

Last edited by Rosalae : 02-24-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Rosalae is offline   Reply With Quote