Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1191 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-24-2010, 05:25 PM   #1501
Rosalae

Name of Merchant: arda-wigs
Item Purchased: Le Tigre - Long.
Pictures: Sadly, I don't own a camera... XD;
Timeline: It didn't take very long to ship, despite buying it around Christmas. In fact, I was surprised when I read there had been a delay... o_o

Experience: The standard buying experience. :3 Click button, grudgingly give money, wait for a week, receive item, pee pants, rush to try on, die from how silky the fibers are, etc etc.

Pros: THE SILKIEST thing ever. Very very thick and very long as well... it went down to my butt before I cut it. XD And when I say really thick, I mean it looks like it's three wigs combined. It's a monster!
I cannot stop touching this wig. I dyed it Katie Bair style and it took to dye amazingly... amazingly as in I dipped a swatch into the dye, pulled it out and ran it under water and it was INSTANTLY my desired shade. It was crazy. It's not quite as silky as it used to be now that I dyed it, but it's still got like... a real-hair type shine to it. Also, I didn't need to style it too heavily for Lucy (Elfen Lied) but for what it's worth, it took well to the small amount of product I've used on it.

Cons: DO NOT get this as your first wig. XD; Oh my god. Despite the fibers being so silky, there are LOTS of them, meaning it's three times as likely to tangle itself to oblivion. I recommend dousing this baby in wig conditioner upon arrival. Also, be gentle with it because it sheds sometimes... which is a very minor problem because even after three months of shedding it's like... OH NO, NOW IT'S ONLY GOT AS MUCH FIBER AS TWO WIGS. Sarcasm. Basically, sheddding isn't a big deal when it's already got that much kankelon.

Final Comments: Like I said, don't get this baby as a first wig... get is as a fourth (long) wig, maybe. AND LOVE IT. It's amazing and I couldn't recommend it more to the people who can take care of it the way it deserves.
Final Grade: A+

Last edited by Rosalae : 02-24-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Rosalae is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-24-2010, 05:27 PM   #1502
Rosalae

Name of Merchant: Cosplaywig.
Item Purchased: A long Taiga character wig. (Currently out of stock.) AKA a brown, butt-length curly thing.
Pictures: Sadly, I don't own a camera... XD;
Timeline: Unlike the other wigs I have, this took like... two and a half weeks to ship to me. o_o But it doesn't really matter since the con it's for is still a month and a half away.

Experience: The standard eBay experience: win item, do happy dance, pay, receive, gloat.

Pros: OH. MY. GOD. This ties with my arda, and unlike the arda, I WOULD recommend this as a first wig. Despite being curly and reaching my butt, it's impossible to tangle. The fibers feel unbelievably like real hair... much nicer than my poorly maintained curls, I must admit. I can walk around with this on for hours and only finger comb it back to perfection. The individual fibers and thick and it keeps its curls nicely. I haven't tried dyeing or styling it.

Cons: Since it's a character wig, I have to comment on this; it was a tad dark for Taiga. That's the only thing I can find wrong with this beauty.

Final Comments: Get a cosplaywig wig!
Rosalae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #1503
phoenixn7g

Lovelychristina, I am so sorry you had such a bad experience with beyond the reflection... Thanks for the warning though!
phoenixn7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 04:00 PM   #1504
phoenixn7g

Name of Merchant: redmooncosplay
Item Purchased: Dragon Sakura Cosplay
Pictures: I don't have a camera at the moment... I will post some later.
Timeline: Took about 3 ish weeks to ship to me. Shipping was a tad bit expensive, but understandbale due to the boots.

Experience: Buy off cosplay.com. Wait. get it.

Pros: Great costume. IMO very accurate to the manga.

Cons: A few minor repairs req'd that I was warned about. However, there is a sticky substance on the boots that Im having issue getting off, as well, one of the straps randomly fell off after I tried them on. Few loose stitches on costume and some sewn lines are very visible, but for the price I paid, completely worth it!

Final Comments: I feel the minor repairs needed were worth it considering the price I paid overall. She kept in good contact and even gave me a shipping number.

phoenixn7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2010, 12:54 AM   #1505
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Sorry Nyoa, as mentioned above, if the commissioner/merchant isn't listed on the first page, it's quite likely that no one who passes through her has experience with them. Wish I could help!

And we're updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 02:03 AM   #1506
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Name of Merchant Vellsus
Website http://www.rakuten.co.jp/vellsus/
Item purchased medium long in pink-brown (1)
Photos: In action
Timeline four days (within Japan)

I recently purchased a medium long in pink-brown for a Raikou (Nabari no Ou) cosplay from vellsus. It was my first time using their service and I'm pretty pleased.

The order was processed correctly, in a timely manner and the item was well-packed (in both a hairnet and a heavy-duty plastic zip-up bag inside a padded packing envelope). The wig was shipped by courier (you can choose your delivery bracket).

The wig arrived smooth, untangled and as-pictured on the website. The color is AMAZING and absolutely perfect for Raikou. It has a smooth, thick texture and feels even better than real hair. All vellsus's wigs are heat resistant and have some additional rooting along the inside of the cap as well, making the look even more seamless. These wigs are on the expensive side, but I've never owned a more beautiful or comfortable-to-wear wig! It's easy to forget it's on at all

Peased with the transaction and very impressed at the quality of the wig.

I used COD (collect-on-delivery). Recommend this method especially if your Japanese isn't particularly up-to-snuff. You only need pay the postman when he arrives.

Vellsus only ships within Japan but you may be able to order their products through finders' services or overseas-auction handlers for a commission.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 04-05-2010 at 03:29 AM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 02:39 AM   #1507
Onyx-Ink

ZhangJuliet
lovecosplay@live.cn (doesn't have a website that I am aware of, found her 2 years ago in the marketplace here)
I've had 2 done by her: Soul Eater's Medusa and Luck Star's Akira

Medusa first:
Medusa was my first real break into cosplay, wore it at AWA 2008. Only reason I even considered cosplaying was that I was having a very stressful time in college and my anime club was going to AWA. My boyfriend wanted to help me have fun and pressured me into finding someone to commission this cosplay from on the condition that he'd pay for it. I was a bit nervous about it, especially since the maker was in China and I had no idea what I'd do if it turned out wrong.
Pros: Excellent contact, answered all my questions and even asked some to make it perfect. Gave very detailed instructions about measurements. She also did rush jobs. Costume ended up being $89 with free shipping.
Cons: Only con was that costume was a body/jump suit, and the stride was a bit...short? My fault for measurements, and it was still completely wearable. I still have it, it still looks like new.

Akira: contacted her again last april for this.
pros: very quick job (like 2 weeks?). again, detailed measurements. nice material, it wasn't made out of cotton, wasn't really sure of the material used. She even put some lace around the collar. $45 and free shipping.

cons: instead of being grey, the skirt and tie were navy blue. Then again I did not specify colors, so I don't really have a problem with it. Wore it around Kami-Con (I'm Kami-Con's VP-Chels for those who are wondering) for 2 days, even got a stain on it (that completely came out in the wash), still looks like new.

Comments: She (pretty sure it was a team actually) always requested as many reference pictures and feedback as possible. Only problem, I've once again emailed her for a commission, but she has not emailed me back. Before I would get a reply within 2 days. I'm worried she has gone out of business, which makes me really sad. I hope she's still around somewhere, but I've been searching and am unable to find her. If I don't get a reply this week, I'm commissioning Cosplay1, who has already replied to my 1 am email.

ZhangJuliet: A+++++++++++ (really miss her. )
Onyx-Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #1508
blondieee!

N/a

Last edited by blondieee! : 03-29-2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: We have since been working out a solution to the situation.
blondieee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #1509
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated :>
Unread 03-06-2010, 03:52 PM   #1510
Moonsong
daughter of evil

Name of Commissioner: Princess Snowglobing Cosplay
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/a19115/
Character commissioned and series/video game: Hinata Hyuuga from Naruto (shippuuden version jacket only.)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: I'll post 'em as soon as I get home, I'm at a friend's house for the weekend.
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Less than 1 month. I contacted her on May 3rd, 2009, and received the jacket on May 20th.
Describe your Experience - Pros: Totally what every cosplay commission should be. A bunch of my cosplays were damaged during a flood last spring, and I found myself without a full cosplay to wear for the upcoming convention, and little time to order anything complicated. I settled on being the Shippuuden version of Hinata, as I already had a wig and a pair of pants I could use. I needed her jacket quickly, but Princess Snowglobing Cosplay was able to complete my order for a good price, with speediness, with quality, and with kindness. She showed me pictures of the fabric she chose, and kept me updated with a few pictures along the way. I had the jacket on my doorstep a good 2 weeks before the convention, and it fit perfectly.
Cons: None!

Final Grade: A++++

And I fail for taking forever to post this, but life has been crazy the past few months.

On hiatus until 2015.

★Saber EXTRA - 100% complete
★Rachel Alucard (Blazblue) - 100% complete

Last edited by Moonsong : 03-06-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Moonsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 02:45 AM   #1511
Akibie
アリシ&

Cosplay House Review

*Alright, so I wanted to buy a costume off of cosplayhouse.com, but i wanted to know what other people thought of it. Sadly, there was nothing much on here about cosplayhouse, so now I'm writing my own for you people to read.*

So I bought an Emperor Lelouch costume (from Code Geass R2). It cost me nearly $200, so i was hoping and praying that i was getting what I paid for.
Don't worry, i was.
The costume is GREAT quality and they took my exact measurements, so it fits pretty well.
The problem is, I studied the costume, so i know everything that's wrong with it >_< some of it is unfixable, some is. It's not that big of a deal though.
The biggest problem i had with it was the zipper broke the first time i used it which really upset me. So now i have to replace the zipper /;
Other than that, i recoment them. The costumes are super high quality, and they will make your money's worth.
But if you're looking for a cosplay that's 100% accurate, I suggest you make you're own. You're not going to find the perfect cosplay online.

NOTE: I can post pictures if you want. Just let me know if you want to see them.
Akibie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #1512
ChickenDoughnut
Migar Resident

Name of Commissioner: Ajie Nugroho
Website/C.com gallery: Cosplay1.com
Character commissioned and series/video game: Boa Hancock, One Piece. Whole outfit expect wig, shoes, and earrings.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
Character~http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/k...oa_hancock.jpg

Outfit~http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2449192/

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Three months??.. Ish?
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
I have done several commissions through Cosplay1 and every time my experience is perfect.
They reply within two days, With a quote. Their prices aren't ridiculous nor so cheap the quality is effected. Accuracy is pretty much dead on.
I was so pleased with my Boa cosplay, the decision do make the entire thing out of a satin type material was a judicious one. It is very comfy to wear and looks oh so lovely when photographed. My favorite part is the embroidery that went into the skirts design.
Final Grade: A+++++++ (Feel like I'm on ebay right now :P)
::: DeviantArt :::

Last edited by ChickenDoughnut : 03-07-2010 at 04:22 PM.
ChickenDoughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 06:23 AM   #1513
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated :>
Unread 03-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #1514
darfurnub
yuriiii ^^

Name of Commissioner: Hugginsseller

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/a175867/

Character commissioned and series/video game: Blue Kampfer Bracelet

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/7...ot20100308.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): from when i first messaged her, it only took about a week and a half to get the finished item.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Item was absolutely perfect and she made it in a day, if you need a prop done fast and for a great price i highly recommend her. She is on msn every day and communication was great

Final Grade: A+ (++++++)

LAST:
Megacon 2011: Zack (FFVII)
NEXT:
Florida Anime Experience: Ling Yao (FMA)
darfurnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 04:12 PM   #1515
Silent_shadow

31. Name of Commissioner: Cutekawaii
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s.../15471/cat/500

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.)
Claire Redfield's vests (Memory of a Lost City (RE2) and Game of Oblivion(RECV)) from Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2433942/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2435685/

Timeline (how long your order took to process)

Less than 3 months.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

So it began with requesting quotes for a list of costumes, to which she replied insanely quickly, with not just the quotes but also how she would plan to make each part of each costume.

I finally made a decision in commissioning the two vests for the time being.

She was just awesome throughout, making sure that the vests turned out as awesomely as possible (Like hunting for the right materials over and over, as well as remaking one vest all over again. >_<)

Later on when they were done, the total price for both vests went up a little since better materials were used as well as more difficult methods when painting the designs at the back. She was nice enough to discuss a price we both can agree on, feeling bad that I had to pay more than originally intended.

Now, when it arrived (It arrived a little later than anticipated, but that's the fault of the delivery service in my country.), the denim vest fitted nicely and was super comfy! The leather vest was a little shorter than I expected, but I guess it was because I grew a tinsy bit over the months. XD Overall, both vests turned out great!

The poor girl was in a rush too, and yet they both turned out so beautifully. I will DEFINITELY be commissioning something from her again in the future!

Final Grade: A
Silent_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote