Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-25-2010, 04:40 AM   #1351
alison_cosmos

Well, I personally don't consider shiny a bad thing. I haven't seen many Terra's using that sort of material, so it's something new, at least.

My Deviantart
alison_cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #1352
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

Okay guys, I'm pursuing a revival, because I want an opinion on something.

I have about three months before the A-kon, as people are so happy to remind me, and since my Kefka has bowed out, I can focus on my final costume. But I'm having second thoughts about my final.

If I do Esper Terra, a decent wig alone (commissioned by Kukki-san here on cos.com) will run me about $265. That's not including the bodysuit I'd need to order (about $65) and all the accessories needed. My work does NOT pay me enough, and my husband doesn't understand paying so much for a wig. I THINK I can pull it together, but I will have NO money saved up for the con. Sadly, If I don't do this costume now, it will go on the back burner for an undetermined amount of time, as I am being forced to cut back to one new costume a con and my next costume will be Lina Inverse from Slayers.

Lately though, I've found myself thinking I'd just take my Terra stuff and make or buy her a pretty kimono to wear. It's an interesting idea, and one I'm not sure has been done before. So now I'm doing research on kimonos (well more like yukata, since this will be June and HOT, but I dunno yet.) and I'm wanting to do this RIGHT as I have great respect for japanese culture. But I currently am confused about something. Unmarried women wear the long sleeved furisode and married women wear more normal sleeves and subdued patterns. I am married, but Terra isn't. I can't decide what kind of kimono to look for.

Gah. I think this is my longest post on this site yet. But I need help! Thoughts? Anyone????

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)

Last edited by Terra~Esper : 03-08-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 11:45 PM   #1353
Daveheart

i would save up for the wig and other goodies you need for the esper version over time since that's quite a bit of money. thats just my opinion tho. I'll be going to akon this year for the first time. is there usually a pretty big FF10 or 4 cosplay group?
Daveheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #1354
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

I don't really know. This is my first con period. But I'd figure that there are.

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Unread 03-13-2010, 05:12 PM   #1355
cachalot
Blue Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra~Esper View Post
Lately though, I've found myself thinking I'd just take my Terra stuff and make or buy her a pretty kimono to wear. It's an interesting idea, and one I'm not sure has been done before. So now I'm doing research on kimonos (well more like yukata, since this will be June and HOT, but I dunno yet.) and I'm wanting to do this RIGHT as I have great respect for japanese culture. But I currently am confused about something. Unmarried women wear the long sleeved furisode and married women wear more normal sleeves and subdued patterns. I am married, but Terra isn't. I can't decide what kind of kimono to look for.

Gah. I think this is my longest post on this site yet. But I need help! Thoughts? Anyone????
Regarding the wearing of the furisode, it's more of a divide between age than married status. Usually unmarried women under 25 are allowed to wear the furisode, but after that age, married or not, women tend to transition to more "adult" kimonos. The furisode, as far as I have been told from my friend who studies kimono wearing and history, is more of a mark of a young woman/teenager (kind of like wearing miniskirts).

For Terra, I would go for the furisode personally. As this is a costume, and you want to reflect her personality, she's the ingenue of the series, and it would be more appropriate for her to wear something reflecting her age and more appropriately, her innocence. Also, I think a furisode would give you more choice in colors and patterns that would jive with the Amano artwork (the bright red/gold/green outfit that Terra wears would be awesome in furisode colors.)

Just my thoughts! ^_^ In my opinion, for the rest of the FFVI girls, Celes would be more likely to wear a proper kimono with subdued colors, while Relm would look cute in a kid's yukata. XD

Photography: http://www.seventhmoon.org/photography
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gerodere
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/gertysk
cachalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #1356
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

Thank you cachalot! That does help me a lot! Sadly, I'm finding that I cannot find any kimonos that match on ebay in my price range, so I suppose I'll just have to make one...
-feels scared-

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Unread 03-18-2010, 09:45 AM   #1357
alison_cosmos

Well, my costume's pretty much finished, though I didn't have time to her proper sword and dagger. My first con in cosplay tomorrow. Ahh! So nervous, lol. I'll post pictures of the costume soon.

My Deviantart
Unread 03-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #1358
FalseAngel
Of the Neuro Tower

Someday I might get to an FF3 cosplay (one of the onion kids-- NOT THE DISSIDIA ONE O: ).

But, I'm too LAZY. |D

Plans 2011
Rin Kagamine- Alice Human Sacrifice. (Will be debuted at Anime Boston '11.)
Rin Kagamine- Skeleton Life Version (Will be debuted at PAX East '11!)
FalseAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 09:53 PM   #1359
Bibliothèque

I've done an FFI Black Mage costume (well, it was technically an 8-Bit Theater Black Mage costume, but you can't tell the difference without the knives or Ice IX/Hadouken VIII spellbook props).
I'm also working on Luneth's Devout costume from FFIIIDS (I probably look more like Ingus apart from the hair length, but 1: Luneth's version is more interesting, and 2: I freaking love Luneth), as a long-term project since I really want to get it right and really don;t want to ruin the material.
I hope to some day cosplay as Edgar from FFVI. Not any time soon, but eventually, due to a person close to me being a huge fan of FFVI, and possibly wanting to do a theme cosplay when I don't look remotely like any of the other characters. (I try to pick characters to cosplay that look at least vaguely like me, or wear costumes that obscure any details that differ between myself and the character, since I don;t like using wigs, hair dyes of natural shades, or characters that have a significantly different body shape or different unobscured facial composition from myself [which can;t easily be visually affected].)
I'd like to do the FFIII Freelancer outfit eventually, or Refia's Black Mage outfit/Arc's Scholar outfit (can you tell which FF game is my favourite?), but only when and if I have the time to start doing more complex secondary/Halloween costumes, and am comfortable with using wigs. Until then,
Unread 03-19-2010, 05:43 AM   #1360
FalseAngel
Of the Neuro Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibliothèque View Post
I've done an FFI Black Mage costume (well, it was technically an 8-Bit Theater Black Mage costume, but you can't tell the difference without the knives or Ice IX/Hadouken VIII spellbook props).
I'm also working on Luneth's Devout costume from FFIIIDS (I probably look more like Ingus apart from the hair length, but 1: Luneth's version is more interesting, and 2: I freaking love Luneth), as a long-term project since I really want to get it right and really don;t want to ruin the material.
I hope to some day cosplay as Edgar from FFVI. Not any time soon, but eventually, due to a person close to me being a huge fan of FFVI, and possibly wanting to do a theme cosplay when I don't look remotely like any of the other characters. (I try to pick characters to cosplay that look at least vaguely like me, or wear costumes that obscure any details that differ between myself and the character, since I don;t like using wigs, hair dyes of natural shades, or characters that have a significantly different body shape or different unobscured facial composition from myself [which can;t easily be visually affected].)
I'd like to do the FFIII Freelancer outfit eventually, or Refia's Black Mage outfit/Arc's Scholar outfit (can you tell which FF game is my favourite?), but only when and if I have the time to start doing more complex secondary/Halloween costumes, and am comfortable with using wigs. Until then,
I LOVE YOU FOR LOVING FF3. |D
'tis my favorite Final Fantasy. |D

I would probably, if anyone from that game in any outfit...
Refia in a Bard costume. XD
Or maybe Arc as an Evoker. O:

Plans 2011
Rin Kagamine- Alice Human Sacrifice. (Will be debuted at Anime Boston '11.)
Rin Kagamine- Skeleton Life Version (Will be debuted at PAX East '11!)
FalseAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2010, 10:50 AM   #1361
alison_cosmos

I finally finished my costume. Went to Amimania in it. xD There was another Terra, it was cool.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/282011/

My Deviantart
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #1362
~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~
Innocent ignorance

Terra is much love Alison =3
I was so happy to see another terra there

I'm currently working on a concept design I made for Amano Relm
I really only changed the top

but I'm hoping to have her complete by may MCM

alot of the older FF characters really have grabbed my attention lately
I have a list of ones I must cosplay
~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 10:42 PM   #1363
alison_cosmos

=D

Haha, I have a list too... It's getting a bit long. XD

My Deviantart
Unread 03-25-2010, 04:54 AM   #1364
~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~
Innocent ignorance

I've started planning costumes for 2013 hahaha xD
I have to know when to draw the line
~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #1365
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseAngel View Post
Someday I might get to an FF3 cosplay (one of the onion kids-- NOT THE DISSIDIA ONE O: ).

But, I'm too LAZY. |D
I would LOVE to see one of the onion kids! That is defiantly old school. Awesome idea!

I've been working on a FF III cosplay, but I'm am NOT SURE AT ALL if anyone would even know who I'm cosplaying as... xP I'm doing the Nameless Warrior... Does that ring a bell...? xD He's the one on the logo for III, he's all over in Amano's artwork for FF III, but never seen in the game. But I'm still puzzled if he is Luneth or not?? An Amano Luneth?? xP Other than that, he's just known as the 'nameless warrior' or the 'unnamed warrior' VEEERRYYY Amano like lol. :P
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote