Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-02-2010, 02:52 AM   #1531
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Don't mind me, just enjoying my near mint condition Shining Force 3.

DAYUM

it runs perfectly
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-02-2010, 08:27 AM   #1532
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Don't mind me, just enjoying my near mint condition Shining Force 3.

DAYUM

it runs perfectly
E-peen derailment? E-peen derailment.

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
Since about 1/4 of my collection is "sought-after" to some extent, I decided to limit this pic to only stuff that's worth $100 or more... and crap, I forgot to include Dicing Knight in the shot. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU
Totally not being an egotistical braggart. At all.

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
Actually, you sort of called me out with that Shining Force III claim, so I'm curious as to what all you have in the League of Extraordinary High-Brow Gentlemangs.

Last edited by Zweihander : 04-02-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Zweihander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2010, 04:18 PM   #1533
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Actually I'm fairly sure its my only real rare game.

Its also the only game I own for my saturn. Kinda hard to be a collector when your job doesn't pay well.
Unread 04-02-2010, 05:17 PM   #1534
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Kinda hard to be a collector when your job doesn't pay well.
*sigh* I totally know this feeling. It's even worse when they keep cutting my hours but then tell me that I'm the best worker they have. Kind of gives me mixed messages.

Zwei wins the rare games collection. My somewhat-kinda-sorta rare games are Suikoden 2, Tetris DS, Electroplankton (I don't have it yet but supposedly the manager at Gamestop who I'm sort of friends with ordered one for me) and that FFVII black label with the typo that I got from you. lol.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2010, 08:17 PM   #1535
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

yeah I dunno if some games I have are rare or not because I simply did the research.

Tomba 2, Arc the Lad collection, Shining Force 2, I dunno.
Unread 04-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #1536
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
*sigh* I totally know this feeling. It's even worse when they keep cutting my hours but then tell me that I'm the best worker they have. Kind of gives me mixed messages.

Zwei wins the rare games collection. My somewhat-kinda-sorta rare games are Suikoden 2, Tetris DS, Electroplankton (I don't have it yet but supposedly the manager at Gamestop who I'm sort of friends with ordered one for me) and that FFVII black label with the typo that I got from you. lol.
Heheh, you;re welcome. And thanks, I've been collecting rare games for years though. Technically a lot of the "rare" games out there aren't really rare (productionm-wise), just sought-after by the many while there are few willing to part with their copies. ... I feel kinda bad introducing an e-peen factor to this thread, but then again, I'm jealous of all the Califags on these forums and their easy access to west coast conventions and other events. :P So I guess we're even.
Unread 04-02-2010, 08:46 PM   #1537
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Tomba 2
I'm jealous. I have a burned copy of this game, and an eboot. I wish I had the real deal though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
I'm jealous of all the Califags on these forums and their easy access to west coast conventions and other events. :P So I guess we're even.
You should move here!

EDIT: Oh, while not really about rare games, I also thought I should mention that I'm a sucker for games with their original box and manual (Zwei already knows this lol). So the other thing I'm proud of besides my somewhat-kinda-sorta-almost-rare games are my Drill Dozer game in mint condition with a perfect box and all the inserts, and recently my dad gave me his Perfect Dark game with the box and manual and everything. I actually bought the Drill Dozer game JUST BECAUSE it had the box and everything. Yes, Zwei, my obsession with games boxes is worse than just "I won't buy this game because it doesn't have the box"

Last edited by DarkFujin : 04-02-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Unread 04-03-2010, 01:02 AM   #1538
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Heh, and I thought I was OCD with my collection. Nice find on Drill Dozer, I only have the cart for that.
Unread 04-03-2010, 02:44 AM   #1539
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Quote:
Oh, while not really about rare games, I also thought I should mention that I'm a sucker for games with their original box and manual (Zwei already knows this lol). So the other thing I'm proud of besides my somewhat-kinda-sorta-almost-rare games are my Drill Dozer game in mint condition with a perfect box and all the inserts, and recently my dad gave me his Perfect Dark game with the box and manual and everything. I actually bought the Drill Dozer game JUST BECAUSE it had the box and everything. Yes, Zwei, my obsession with games boxes is worse than just "I won't buy this game because it doesn't have the box"
Same here. I only buy games that have a clean box art and manual. I'll only buy a game that has a beaten up box and manual if I don't really care for the game, or if the game is really rare. And then I'll hunt down a copy of the game that has a nicer cover.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2010, 07:09 AM   #1540
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
I'm jealous. I have a burned copy of this game, and an eboot. I wish I had the real deal though.
*Turn on Tomba 2*

this game is fun, not really that great...

*turn off voices*

BEST GAME EVER
Unread 04-03-2010, 11:37 AM   #1541
ULTIMATE KASUMI
I AM ULTIMATE!!

Been playing Perfect Dark ZERO for awhile now after I took a break from Perfect Dark. Loving the game much much more now that I understand everything from the story to the direction with the changes and additions in the gameplay. It all makes sense. At the moment I'm running through it in Secret Agent. w00t!

I also picked up Bayonetta brand new for $40 the other day. I've yet to play it. Also picked up Dead Or Alive: Paradise on its day of release. Can't play it cause I still don't have a PSP. =P

And finally I played alittle bit on my Xbox lastnight and plan to continue playing it til the 15 arrives.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PurifiedKasumi

Originally joined in February 9, 2005 8:57 PM
ULTIMATE KASUMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #1542
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Just got that copy of Electroplankton I mentioned earlier. That nongame is WEIRD.
Unread 04-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #1543
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

I'm pretty lenient with NES, SNES, Genesis, Game Gear, Game Boy, and GBA games, since most people neglected to save the boxes for those. :/ (and Gamestop didn't sell used GBA games with their boxes because it took up too much space... bastards.)
Unread 04-03-2010, 10:59 PM   #1544
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

I'm like DF with the rare game collection. I have all black label versions of the Square Enix PS1 library (FF 7-9, the 1-2. 4-6 collection, Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Ergheiz Vagrant Story...wait Tactics is green, FFF). Aside from that, I think Digital Devil Saga prt 1, the J-special editon of Zone of the Enders 2 are the "rarest" games I got. Unless we go into Dreamcast land (Mark of the Wolves, MvC2, Plasma Sword).

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2010, 11:04 PM   #1545
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

Well, I was playing Metroid Prime Wii about a week and a half ago, but then I finally got all five seasons of the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon (eff yeah) on dvd, so I haven't touched Prime since then. I should be getting back to it pretty soon, though.

Also, not much longer and I'll finally, finally get my hands on Splinter Cell Conviction.
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote