Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Matsuri

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-06-2010, 02:02 AM   #121
FE Freak
buys Arda Wig exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Owner Dice View Post
Oh my god! I absolutly loved getting to see all the wonderful costumes and all the great people! Thanks to all my new friends and especially to my old friends! And good tidings to everyone else that attended the convention.
I eagerly look forward to catching most of you at A-Kon, but till then!
Should have got her pic too.^ Weren't you hanging around Prussia and Seto Kaiba on Saturday? I remember you from the mini-elevator. Hey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hee-Hee View Post
XD Pfft~

But yeah, I had to get a wristband even though I wasn't staying in the room I changed in. I was just there Saturday afternoon until about ten, then I went on home yet they STILL literally screamed at me to see that wristband. Oooh this one lady... I tell ya... >[ Should've gotten her name.

On the flipside, the convention staff has never been nicer. Maybe they were trying to make up for it!
Fine, no comments for you. Was it an older lady? I think I may have an idea who you mean.
FE Freak is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #122
Club Owner Dice

@ FE Freak: I unfortantly don't reconize those forum names, not to say that those werent the wonderful people I was indeed hanging out with. But there was also a different Shuichi cosplayer there who also had the orange jacket costume.
But I tottally did have some awesome epic elevator adventures.
Club Owner Dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 03:42 PM   #123
FE Freak

There weren't forum names, they were the actual cosplays themselves. It's cool. Con funk? I barely ran into any. How about everyone else? ;D
Unread 04-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #124
Club Owner Dice

Ohhhh ;D :giggles: Definitly not me then. ^.^
Club Owner Dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #125
Pixie-chan
Crossplayer of Ukes

Why? Why, god, why were those escalators broken? Oh well, at least my legs look fantastic now!

=^^=

This con was so much fun! RAVE RAVE RAVE!

I got extremely positive comments on my Lydia Deetz cosplay and Zim and Dib were well loved once again. (Well, Zim was. 80% of the comments Dib gets after, "Woah, your cosplay is fantastic" is that that everyone is siding with Zim. Foolish humans.) Sadly, Double D wasn't really recognized, but I half expected that.
Unread 04-06-2010, 10:22 PM   #126
FE Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Owner Dice View Post
Ohhhh ;D :giggles: Definitly not me then. ^.^
You led me on you trickster.

@Dib. Rumors that there were costumes dragging and health hazards for the cosplayers. Ya, those escalators did give a good workout. I was actually a little tired when I was at the top. I'm so out-of-shape. lol. Saw your Dib from outside. Nice hair job.
Unread 04-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #127
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FE Freak View Post
Anywho, yeah, those blue wristbands suuuuucked. Taking a shower with a wristband, really? Felt like I was a kid at a camp or something. Escalators, wristbands, etc.
I didn't attend AM this past weekend (cos I was at Sakuracon) but the escalators remind me of another Texas con that shuts down the escalators when a con has begun..

As for the wristbands, I'm guessing this is the first time that AM has started using the wristband-method and people aren't used to it? Yaoi-Con has been using wristbands since they started (2001) and the staff used those (combined with registration badges) as proof that people were attendees to go into areas and specific rooms (Main Events, Dealers' Room, Video-Games, etc.) I can share the sentiment of having to wear a one until the con ends, showering each night with it on. yeah.. But now 9 years later most Y-con attendees are fine with it, and cosplayers can simply cover them up for pictures (if-possible.)
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 03:41 PM   #128
t_f

They refused to give me a wristband, so I couldn't ride the elevators on the main floors. I had to take the stairs to the 4th floor and then ride up to my floor. :/ That was reeeeaaaallllllly annoying.

Cosplays for 2013:

Hyuuga Hinata from Naruto Shippuden = 95% Done
Hyuuga Hinata from Naruto: Road to Ninja = 70% Done
Asami Sato from Avatar: Legend of Korra = 10% Done
L from Death Note: = 30% Done
t_f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #129
Hee-Hee
+Twinzik+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeat King View Post
I didn't attend AM this past weekend (cos I was at Sakuracon) but the escalators remind me of another Texas con that shuts down the escalators when a con has begun..

As for the wristbands, I'm guessing this is the first time that AM has started using the wristband-method and people aren't used to it? Yaoi-Con has been using wristbands since they started (2001) and the staff used those (combined with registration badges) as proof that people were attendees to go into areas and specific rooms (Main Events, Dealers' Room, Video-Games, etc.) I can share the sentiment of having to wear a one until the con ends, showering each night with it on. yeah.. But now 9 years later most Y-con attendees are fine with it, and cosplayers can simply cover them up for pictures (if-possible.)
The main wristband issue was with the hotel, not the convention. While the AM staff was strict in letting registered people in only, the hotel were the ones at every stairway and elevator not letting anyone who didn't have a room. So that meant that anyone who was just visiting for the day couldn't go up to see friends, change in someone else's room, or just use the elevators if their cosplay was cumbersome. And the hotel staff was NOT polite about it, many were actually screaming as loud as they could only to groups of five or so fairly confused attendees. It was laaame.

Next Con: Anime Matsuri!

Simon Petrikov - Adventure Time
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians
Sandman - Rise of the Guardians

Crunchyroll Cosplay Ambassador
Check out Crunchyroll HERE

Hee-Hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 10:36 PM   #130
FE Freak

And the fact that the wristbands we're referring to are the ones that once they're on, they stay on. If you take yours off, you're screwed-for-the-rest-of-the-weekend kind of wristbands. The snap-on cut-off later ones is what we mean. I was thinking the same thing as Hee2 about friends. I wished my friends could have chilled in our hotel room for a bit, but, I knew that wasn't happening. The hotel needs to find a better way to manage that or something.
Unread 04-08-2010, 02:49 AM   #131
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FE Freak View Post
And the fact that the wristbands we're referring to are the ones that once they're on, they stay on. If you take yours off, you're screwed-for-the-rest-of-the-weekend kind of wristbands. The snap-on cut-off later ones is what we mean.
yes, those are the type that Yaoi-con uses. If you take off your wristband, you'll can go to areas that don't check for those like the hotel lobby, but not be allowed at main events like the bishounen-auction. haha
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote