Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Unread 04-28-2010, 12:33 PM   #1
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Bishie Con - Dec. 17-19 in St. Louis

It's an early Christmas present for yaoi fans!

The only con so far for yaoi fans this side of the Rockies will be in St. Louis the weekend of December 17-19.

It's extremely cosplay-friendly, 16+, and has tons of fun events for fans of yaoi, slash, and shounen-ai.

Will I see any of you there?
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
Anmita

I'll be there. Right now I'm having a Turkey Costume commissioned....love me some Turkey.....

lol

My friend and I are also going as Klokateers too....that con needs some more Metal in it....

Hopefully, I'm going to be doing the Panels for Slashing the "Manly Men", Slash in Shounen, and (since I'm likely to be the only Turkey) Hetalia Press Conference.

I wanted to do the worst fanfiction and reclaiming derogatory terms, but I'd just end up getting yelled at. People always get so touchy in those panels. The fact that my favourite word is Fag really doesn't help. It's just....such a funny sounding word.

And I may have a surprise costume for the Manly panel.

Shounen panel is getting it's own presentation. I was a mod on a site for a while and had to constantly explain why women get shafted in those manga, so I've got that down to a science.

Oh, and my badge name will be Peeper.

I hope I find a Greece there to Harass and molest.

I also need a partner for the newlywed game....last year my partner bailed on me. I was so pissed. :C

BTW: I know who you are and if you remember me...I wanted to say sorry for the way I acted last year. My friends all ditched me and it was my first con. I was absolutely terrified and when I get nervous in groups like that, I act like a total douche.

I've since straightened myself out and tried a few more outings. I know what I'm doing now.

Last edited by Anmita : 06-02-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Anmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Yeah, I remember, and I was a bit worried about you. I'm doing the Manly Men panel with you! We should talk on the forums a bit about what we want to present. I've got a thread going on the Bishie Con forums about it, what series to cover and stuff. I'm very much into slashable couples who aren't your typical pretty boys (although I like those too).
Unread 06-02-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
Anmita

Sorry....I really only went for a girl I liked, and she ignored me. So, I was pretty emotional on top of every other fear and anxiety racking up. The whole, 'room being filled with squatters and not sleeping for three days' probably didn't help. :\

I went ahead and decided to go for myself this year though. I'm going for the people. I met alot of really nice people, and I let someone else ruin that for me.

I'm trying to become a staff member too. I've got loads of extra time and I want to help out in any way I can.

I'll be on the forum in a bit then.
Anmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #5
Ravenwind
Dr. Bishie

A friend just told me about this con. I wanna go! (can't guarantee I can). A whole con full of bishies! I think I may just up and die a happy fangirl death!
Unread 06-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #6
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

here's the website for the con:

http://bishiecon.com/

"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #7
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Thanks! I always forget to list the website address when I post about cons. It's a bad habit.

Are you going? I'd love to see you there! And Elemental. I wonder if she likes yaoi...
Unread 06-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #8
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergeekgirl View Post
Thanks! I always forget to list the website address when I post about cons. It's a bad habit.

Are you going? I'd love to see you there!
Probably not, since it's too close to Christmas and work would want me there. Not to mention I need to save $$ for January cons such as Anime LA and/or Ohayocon.

I hope you have fun, tho!
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #9
meggo1983

Unless something profound happens, I will be there.
Unread 06-24-2010, 05:35 PM   #10
PapaWolfie
neighborhood bigender

I won't be there this year. But I just want to say that I went last year and I had a great time!

what's your bad romance
Cons: Natsu con, AnimeIowa, Tokyo International Anime Fair, & Comiket?
PapaWolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 07:01 PM   #11
Grav
in between

I was tempted to go last year after hearing about the con but things just didn't work out. I plan on making it this year. A few quick questions for those of you who have attended...

About how many people attend?

Am I going to be the only guy not dragged there by a girl?
Grav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2010, 12:22 AM   #12
rubyspitfire
queen of the closet

my girlfriend and i are definitely going, and trying to kidnap some friends from afw ^_^

cosplay schedule
SoDak Con!!
Jean Havoc - Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood
Sanji - One Piece
Catwoman - DC Comics/Gotham Girls (fanart version)

Ruby Spitfire, official D20 Girl
Support a single mom ^.^
rubyspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #13
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav View Post
About how many people attend?

Am I going to be the only guy not dragged there by a girl?
Last year, there were about 375 people. It's a small con, but it feels like a big party with tons of panels and events.

There were quite a few guys there last year, a few on their own. Some were coming to pick up girls, I think. Nothing like pretending to make out with a guy to get a girl.