Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
pcmods

Stargate: Atlantis Costume

Hello,

I have wanted to put together a Stargate: Atlantis costume for a long time now and have not had the money till recently.

I did a lot of research into exactly what the production team used on the show and I have discovered that the Tactical Vest and holsters they used where all from one manufacturer, BLACKHAWK. However I also found out that shortly after the show started BLACKHAWK made some changes to the Omega Elite Vest, including the padding on the right shoulder and the pocket design. However again, I did talk with the people at BLACKHAWK and was told that they had 2 of the second style vest that they sold to the production which you will see below and to give you reference, Wier and a few others started wearing this vest in season 3. The same deal with the Tactical holster.

The clothing was obtained from 5.11 Tactical and IS the same as was worn on the show (Well mine is a bit bigger).

Well enough said about how little of a life I have, here are the pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chris2.jpg (38.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg p901.jpg (83.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg vest.jpg (159.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg holsterandgun1.jpg (170.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg harness2.jpg (81.2 KB, 0 views)
pcmods is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
pcmods

Here are a few more pics and a show of a Jaffa head marking I made, both an un-trimmed and trimmed version
Attached Images
File Type: jpg holsterandgun.jpg (139.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg p902.jpg (107.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg harness1.jpg (190.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg chris1.jpg (49.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg jaffa.jpg (83.9 KB, 0 views)
Unread 03-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #3
Fashwiing
picks on blond bartenders

Cool beans, dude. Cool beans. If you're that accurate I gotta give you props. I just finished pulling together an SG-1 version uniform, though my patches say SG-17. Pretty neato that you've even got the P90, I rather unfortunately can't have one at any con I go to.

Hey, what would make this even cooler would be if you made a Wraith stunner. You'd go from epic to really freaking epic.

...If I ever go to an east coast con as a Wraith queen, I'll steer clear of you. Like really clear. I would kinda fear for myself.

But yeah, you're pretty awesome with that much attention to detail. What's the flag you've got on your shoulder? It looks familiar, but I can't place it.

Cons I plan on attending:
Newcon 2013
ALA 2014
Sakuracon 2014
Fanime 2014
Kumoricon 2014

Am I the only one who thinks just living is sad?
Fashwiing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #4
pcmods

As to the wraith stunner. the rifle or pistol version? I am sure you know the Atlantis patch, the other is North Carolina, the state I live in. I will wear the US flag if I ever get off-world.

Chris

PS if you do get to the east coast, make sure you get to Dragon*Con, Labor day weekend in Atlanta GA... I will be there !!!!!!!!
Unread 03-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
p0rtalman
Fiberglass nut

I'm assuming you know the boots they wear are the Magnum responce 2. I got myself a pair from ebay, they aren't 100% accurate (they have the side zip, SGA ones dont) but i couldnt find the ones without side zips.

Ive been meaning to put a SGA cosplay together for a while now, but i never seem to get around to it, or have the money...
But now i can sew i might start working on the S1 jacket... although i want Mackay's leather jacket more (anyone got any idea if its custom or is it a found item?)
p0rtalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #6
pcmods

I am aware of the boots worn on both Stargate and Atlantis. Most of the boots worn on Atlantis are nothing more than Wal-Mart bought, over the ankle hiking boots. I have counted over 8 different styles and colors of boots not including the military issue boots some wear on Atlantis.
Unread 03-22-2009, 11:01 PM   #7
Smoted

Major props man.

One question though. One little thing, my memory might be a little hazy about this, but i believe most of the SG teams (American ones at least), bloused their pants in their boots, I remember the SG-3 marines did it because, well they're marines. But i don't recall if SG-1 did, because they were air force right?

Either way, mad props
Unread 03-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #8
pcmods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoted View Post
Major props man.

One question though. One little thing, my memory might be a little hazy about this, but i believe most of the SG teams (American ones at least), bloused their pants in their boots, I remember the SG-3 marines did it because, well they're marines. But i don't recall if SG-1 did, because they were air force right?

Either way, mad props
I believe you are correct, but we are not talking about SGA, but Atlantis and they seem to play by their own rule book when it comes to what they ware.

Also, on the production side, I know that it cost way less to buy hiking boots than military boots (Like 4 to 1) and they are a lot more comfortable...
Unread 03-24-2009, 02:10 AM   #9
Smoted

Oh yeah, those crazy scientists.

side not:
any word on when the new series is coming out?
Unread 05-09-2010, 12:12 AM   #10
Ronon Dex

Ronon Costume

Hey there I am trying to make up myself as Ronon Dex , I got the gun, dreads, well I want fatter dreads and some of the clothing
Right now I am looking for a brown tank top in 3 xl, I am a big boy , bigger than Ronon, I even got my picture with Paul Macgillion
Ronon Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2010, 08:02 PM   #11
Alwayzbored
is not always bored. :]

Ahhh! I love Stargate! Major kudos for all the accuracy! :]

Cosplays in Progress:
Asuna Yuuki (Sword Art Online)
Black ★ Rock Shooter
Divine Strike (Angel of Love)
Rikku (Final Fantasy X-2)

My Favorite Cosplay So Far:
Misa Amane (Death Note, volume 4 cover)
Alwayzbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #12
StarGaterGirl

SGA Shirts

Hi,

I'm new to cosplay and can't sew to save my life. Does anyone know where I can get the blue science shirts they wore in the first season of SGA? Specifically the one McKay wears in Hide and Seek?

Many thanks!!
StarGaterGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #13
StarGaterGirl

Hi, I'm new to cosplaying and can't sew to save my life! Does anyone know where I can get a blue shirt like the scientists wear in season one? I'm specifically thinking of the shirt McKay wears in Hide and Seek.

Many thanks!
StarGaterGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2014, 11:01 PM   #14
StitchsLoft

New here... and I know this is an old thread but I have passion for everything Stargate and had to jump in here!

I'd like to offer my expertise in this thread because there are a lot of inaccuracies I would like to clear up for everyone! If anyone has an SG related questions please ask! Also you can contact me via my website for questions as well! www.stitchsloft.com

I have been doing custom SG costumes for anyone wanting to look like they step through the gate since 2005!
StitchsLoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #15
StitchsLoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGaterGirl View Post
Hi, I'm new to cosplaying and can't sew to save my life! Does anyone know where I can get a blue shirt like the scientists wear in season one? I'm specifically thinking of the shirt McKay wears in Hide and Seek.

Many thanks!
GaterGirl, I know this is an older thread maybe you will see it one day? I do industrial sewing is my for-tay being retired Navy Parachute Rigger. I will over next few weeks start to clear up some the misinformation in this thread and help any future costumers who are trying to nail down a SG-1 / Atlantis or SGU uniform!

I can do any SG-team or SG-1 costume, some of the SGA and we are looking to go into production of the SGU costume by Christmas of this year if everything go down as planned!

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1.../SFHBANNER.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...titchPilot.jpg

Last edited by StitchsLoft : 08-04-2014 at 10:15 PM.
StitchsLoft is offline   Reply With Quote