Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #61
Lady Shinsei
~ Duelist of Heart ~

Red face

@ cactusmomma = Thanks for the clever idea... I'll keep it in mind. If that proves to be possibly an easier/cheaper costume to do than Alvida, then I'll do that instead.

Check out my DeviantArt page if you wish = Kara-Kazeneko

Cosplay WIP = Rex Raptor (Yu-Gi-Oh!), Rinku (Yu Yu Hakusho), God Tier Jane (Homestuck), my own gijinka version of Majesty (oldschool MLP), Clay (Pokemon B&W), and renovating existing stuff.
Lady Shinsei is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-28-2010, 10:45 PM   #62
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Ok so Im going to be cosplaying Ivankov this fall. I need some advice as to what fabric to use. I really want to use wet look pvc because i thinkg its pretty appropiate for him. Does anyone think that this would look stupid? I mean in the serious there's just no indication that it could be that. Neither is there any extreme shinyness to his outfit...

>.o i already found boots that are of that material also and are perfect for it. what you guys think? it'd be ok to use that or not?

★Next Projects★
tsutaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #63
harudae
TOKUSENTAI

I wore my Mafia!Strong World Version of Luffy (with a Strong World crew of Zoro, Brook &Sanji) at Anime North last weekend. (:
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/305199/
Was soooo much fun. :3 Though alot of people at the con were all like "WTF, giant guns in One Piece?!" when they saw our crew. xD
Yamuraiha - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Maybe? Aoi Asahina - Dangan Ronpa
harudae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #64
Nightwitch-Kat
Busty Princessa

I'm going to do Victoria Cindry for Anime North 2011 and dance the thriller at random.

~ Up coming Cosplays ~
  • Princess Peach - Super Smash Bros
Nightwitch-Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 04:41 PM   #65
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwitch-Kat View Post
I'm going to do Victoria Cindry for Anime North 2011 and dance the thriller at random.
YESSSSS! XD

Also, I can't remember if I posted pics of my completed Caimie cosplay here or not. Either way, you can find them on my profile! Let me know what you guys think.

Nerdy stuff for sale on my deviantART page!
CUSTOM MY LITTLE PONY TOYS ALSO AVAILABLE
Karitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #66
MDA
Destiny Productions

I plan to do Nico Robin (no idea what outfit yet though) with a friend when they do Mr. Crocodile.

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #67
StrudelCutie427
THAT WAS EASY.

yaay, i got a friend who is into On Piece too, to be my Nami. <3333
so now i'm defanitly cosplaying Sanji next year ! C:
it depense on one con, what my friends are going to rewear, or else i'm doing him sooner next year, because there will be an awesome vivi at that con. ;u;

# Karitsa ; you're a pretty .. no, beautiful mermaid. ; ____ ; ♥♥♥♥
your Caimie is awesome, really. D;
Unread 06-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #68
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrudelCutie427 View Post
# Karitsa ; you're a pretty .. no, beautiful mermaid. ; ____ ; ♥♥♥♥
your Caimie is awesome, really. D;
Thank you so much! I worked really hard on it.

Unread 06-08-2010, 02:13 AM   #69
moonwell
I found a quarter

Ah I wish there was a cosplay of One Piece I could pull off~
moonwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 09:54 AM   #70
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

Yeah, One Piece is pretty unique. Most of the characters can't even be attempted because their body shape or facial features are too bizarre to translate into real life. You'll find someone though! Don't give up! I've always wanted to do a One Piece cosplay, but wasn't able to one until I watched episode 385/386!

Unread 06-18-2010, 04:14 AM   #71
xelasti

New member doing 1st time cosplay Paulie!

Hey ya'll!

After a few years attending cons in Holland (not as cosplay) I got wondering how it'd be to walk around as a character as my gf said (she made her own hollow (http://fast.mediamatic.nl/f/sjnh/ima...2-600-1016.jpg) it was the most fun, she got me hooked at watching OnePiece, I really love the show and have seen upto Enies Lobby. Here I saw Paulie and thought... hey, if I have that suit I'm him or the other way around, hehe.

So that's my work in progress for the time being with the deadline end August, will post pics when I'm done to get flamed

Am wondering though, are there more people here attending Dutch events doing OP?
xelasti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2010, 02:29 AM   #72
toak
User

One Piece Cosplay: Luffy Alabasta

Hi, so this is my first ever cosplay attempt and I wanna make it good/accurate as possible. I want to be Luffy from One Piece, more specifically I want his desert getup from the alabasta arc.

Ref pics:
http://img359.imageshack.us/f/luffys...gifvf2xc5.jpg/
http://www.nt2099.com/J-ENT/blu-ray/op8-c.jpg

So far I've got nothing. But I've got some idea of where to start but I've also got a lot of questions. First off, should I make his vest or should I buy a red one that's similar? Making it would obviously take a lot more time but I'm not sure what type of fabric I would need to make sure that it isn't too "floppy," maybe cotton?

Secondly, should I make the pants, or just cut off some jeans? I'm not quite sure what pants luffy himself wears, are they jeans? or are they some type of feltish material? And on top of that, what is that white stuff around the bottom of his pants? Cotton balls? White fur? And as a third part, after I've decided on cotton or fur, how do I sew them onto the pants without making it look dead obvious that it's sown on? I mean the white stuff is 3d, while the pants are not so when i use any time of sewing machine it'll make a flat line.

Third, the cape. I'll obviously want to make this one myself, I mean capes are awesome. What I want to know tho is what/where do I get the circular white patterns imprinted onto my the cape? I have no idea what the process is called, where you can get patterns imprinted onto clothes, because I considered just sewing the patterns on, but i think they're supposed to be printed onto the cape.

Fourth is the water bottle. OMG, I want to make a real water bottle, but I do not have the resources. I was looking up how to make wine barrels and it's a really complicated process, however I don't have any power tools which would be necessary. So I'm considering using sports water bottle and then building the thing around it. But I can't think of what to do that with. I could use real wood, but then again I don't have power tools, curving wood would take forever with sand paper -_-;; I've been looking at craft foam, but that can only make metal, so I'll use that for the metal parts around the barrel, but the wood part is driving me nuts. What looks like wood, feels like wood, knocks like wood, but can be shaped into a water bottle?

Lastly, but most importantly, the straw hat. Imo, the hat makes or breaks a luffy cosplayer, sometimes the hat just looks so off the entire costume looks weird. Where can I buy a straw hat like luffy's? I don't want to be concaved or convexed, like if I put it down, it'd be flat on the ground. And after that, how do I harden the straw hat to not bend/curve? As you can see in the referance photos, luffy ties his scarf around his hat, if it's really floppy hat then it'll just bend. I want my hat to stay in place, be really firm regardless of whatever pressure I put on it on. Like is there some type of glue or transparent material that would harden straw into being less flexible/stiffer? Maybe massive amounts of starch? Or does it all depend on the construction of the hat?

Yeah, really long but before I start I wanted a lot of the details out of the way, in case if a step or maybe even a lot of the steps were impossible. (If you can't tell by now I'm a perfectionist -_-; Thanks.
toak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 04:48 AM   #73
xelasti

Altight Toak,

you perfectionist, it's hard to make a full costume and will take loads of time if you do it from scratch.
here's a site I found what would give you an idea what mats to get; http://www.electric-monk.net/becomin...e=op-alabaster

It looks rather nice imo

Hope this helps ^.^
xelasti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #74
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

EDIT: Never mind~

How's everyone's costumes coming along?

Last edited by Karitsa : 07-03-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Unread 07-18-2010, 06:01 PM   #75
Capt_Lucifer
Night Valian

I didn't search through this thread so if this was addressed already... sorry 8P

For anyone who has cosplayed Ace, where did you get your base hat for him? If it was at a thrift store thats fine, I'm just curious where most people found a suitable hat.
Capt_Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote