Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #46
little loli

i've never bought from them, but i think their design really good~

Unread 06-13-2010, 09:30 PM   #47
Axelai
I'm Awesome

I bought from them several years ago, and it was great. I had one lolita outfit made and one Alucard cosplay. Both were really amazing. Only problem was the skirt on the lolita outfit was a tad smaller than i ordered (which might have just been me getting fatter + slightly small) so it didn't fit too well... but i managed to wear it a few months later after having lost weight. The Alucard outfit, though, was amazing quality and everything.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2010, 09:53 PM   #48
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Their front page states their sizing runs small, so I ordered my Alice dress one size bigger than I normally would. I DID NOT get custom sizing, but chose the American size 12 (dress)where as I've run anywhere from a 6 to a 10 in American clothing sizes. It fits me wonderfully.

THIS is the dress I ordered. It came with the apron and bow. HERE is a good size view.

There's a slightly off spot on the skirt where the threads are different, and the dress was not lined and the inside collar has about 3 inches of fabric on the inside. The edges are sewn nicely and all so I am not sure if that's suppose to be that way or if it's something strange.

It took a little over 2 weeks to finish and I might have rushed them a little since I needed it by the first week of June and ordered the first day in July ^__^' heeeehhh...

Overall I'd given them an A/B+ for not only do I LOVE the dress, and did it stand up to three days in a row of a hot and crowded convention but they also overnight shipped it at NO cost to me.

I was told 3-5 days and it took barely 24 hours and arrived in an "Express Pac" mailer.

If I had the time I would have done custom sizing and requested the dress to be lined. But none of the little issues are anything major to me.

Also, the petticoat I used with my dress is NOT from them! I was a stupidhead and forgot to order the optional petticoat and bloomers offered with their Alice dress @__@' so I had to rush order a petti from amazon.com.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 08:03 PM   #49
Traeonna
Business Owner

Thumbs up

I have had a good experiences with F+F. I purchased a complete outfit, one blouse, one skirt, and a petticoat from them as well as another skirt and blouse. All were custom sizes. Here are photos of the purchases (well, you can't see the petticoat).

Vest, Skirt, Blouse (ivory), Cravat (ivory)

Bustle Skirt, Blouse (white)

More images from different angles can be found at: http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p58/Traeonna/Lolita/

I did have a small issue with the blouses. I had to sent back both blouses for alterations to the collars. The neck circumference measurement I sent was 12.5 inches. I received a collar that was more like 17 inches in circumference. I suggest after sending in measurements to send in a clarification email. I wrote the following for the collar modifications: Neck Circumference Measurement is 12.5 inches. I should only need 1 inch allowance for a comfortable fit. 12.5 inches is my actual measurement around my neck, so I'd prefer the collars to be 13.5 inches when finished. Please do not make the collars any larger than 14 inches.

Since they never did receive the return package I sent them (I had tracking and everything on it), they ended up having to remake the entire blouse over. I asked them if they could make a few more modifications since they were starting over. These included leaving off the back loops as I did not want a "corset" look on the backs. Also the bicep on the short sleeved (white) blouse was a bit snug, I sent clarification as follows: My measurement is 11 inches. If you could make sure the finished measurement of the bicep (puff sleeve cuff) is 11.5 to 12 inches, that would fit better than the 11 inches did (which is my actual fitted measurement...some allowance is needed so when my arm is bent and bicep is flexed, it doesn't fit too snugly).

When I received the blouses the second time, they were perfect! Even though it took a few e-mails to get things sorted out, they were very polite and worked with me. I am extremely happy with the service I received.

Last edited by Traeonna : 06-17-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Traeonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 08:06 PM   #50
Lithium Flower
Handphones

@ Traeonna- The puff sleeves on my Alice where a bit snug too, but I've gotten a little chubby >>' -ahem- but they had buttons on the inside so I was able to unbutton them for comfort. Though I do see where your coming from.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 06-17-2010, 08:19 PM   #51
Traeonna
Business Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
@ Traeonna- The puff sleeves on my Alice where a bit snug too, but I've gotten a little chubby >>' -ahem- but they had buttons on the inside so I was able to unbutton them for comfort. Though I do see where your coming from.
I have learned through dealing with many different seamstresses that everyone has been taught differently how to take measurements and how much allowance should be allowed based on those measurements. One person may be taught to allow for 1/2" allowance on a collar, where another was taught 1" is standard. It's easier just to be VERY clear as to your expectations as far as allowances I have found. They blouses fit perfect the second time around once I detailed how I expected them to fit. Being a seamstress myself, I should have known this already, but I just didn't think of it at the time of purchase.

I found that Sweet Rococo I do not have to be particular about allowances as she seems to put in allowances as I would expect. It could also be that we do allowances different here in the US than perhaps China. Who knows. I do know that they (F+F) happily corrected the issue. There are many places that would not do such.
Unread 06-17-2010, 08:21 PM   #52
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I did not do a custom size either, i chose a US size 12 to assure fit everywhere else. I am normally an 8/10 but knew it was an Asian company and therefore ought to order something a bit bigger :P
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 06-18-2010, 05:49 AM   #53
SirenaBlack
They're eating my people!

Woah, those clothes are gorgeous and totally affordable! I feel like a door has been opened to me!
Going to ALA, Gallifrey One, and SPN Vegas Con
SirenaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2010, 07:54 AM   #54
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

I'm really glad I'm seeing all this feedback on F+F! I've found a few outfits on their lolita side that I would looove to have! I'll just need to remember to be specific about custom sizing. Thanks for posting your experiences, everyone! Now I've got another thing to start saving for XD
Stormraven24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #55
Yukikittie

They're great, I ordered a Haruhi Suzumiya Uniform from them, and it was excellent quality.
Unread 06-23-2010, 08:11 AM   #56
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Hmm, I checked out their website and they have a lot of nice looking stuff... I might get a dress from them.
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2010, 05:03 PM   #57
Mai Minamino

Hey there. Just last week I ordered the Pirate Lolita Bias Tiered Frill Trimmings Dress & Hairbow. I got the red and black one.

Time: It took about 6 days for them to send the package, then only 3 days for it to get here once it was shipped. It was ordered on a Saturday, so that's why I think it took a bit.

Package: Smaller than I expected. It was tiny and held my dress, petticoat, and earrings. Neatly folded, no wrinkles surprisingly.

Quality: The dress is lovely. I have an odd shape, but went with US 16. Only thing I didn't like was that the dress is pretty long. It looks a lot higher in the picture, but let's take into account that I'm short, pudgy, and bought one of the smaller petticoats. The petti I got from them is nice, but white. I wish I'd gotten black instead, but meh... I'll buy a bigger better black one.

Complexity: It was a little confusing using paypal with them, because you give them yout information twice. But they charged me once and sent me e-mail confirmation.

Shipping: For 1 petti, 1 dress, and 1 pair of earrings the shipping was about $23. Order was about $165-170 total. And it only took 3 days.

Overall, I realy like my Fan + Friend Order. I had no problems except for the length of the dress, which isn't their faul since it's their standard size. I'm only 5'3"!

I've already begun making my next order. And when I get my camera back from my boyfriend I'll take some pictures of how it actually looks compared to the picture.

Momo-Con 2012
Furry Weekend Atlanta 2012
GA Ren Faire
Frill (Lolita Convention)
Dragon*Con 2012
Anime Weekend Atlanta 2012
Mai Minamino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 07:39 PM   #58
Mimiru1618

Okay...I know this is an EXTREMELY old thread, but as previously stated I suppose its better than making a new one?

I'm confused about their payments....I signed up for paypal...got a message that my address wasn't right, fixed it, then it said my order was done....but it didn't send me to paypal....curious? What do I do? My status says it's been ordered....but I'm not sure about paid...
Modern Trap Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji

Possible Future Cosplays
Cross Marian - D. Gray Man
Adell - Disgaea 2
Flonne - Disgaea
Cosmos - Dissidia
Yulia - Tales of the Abyss
Lucrecia Crescent - Dirge of Cerberus
Lelouch - Code Geass
Mimiru1618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 05:29 PM   #59
Yukikittie

Mimiru, they might make it first and then take the money, and ship it.
Of course I'm just guessing, it would be best to contact them and ask. ^^
Unread 08-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #60
ScarletRhapsody
way past weird

I asked them to commission a Lolita dress for me in baby blue. This was back in 2005. I never had a problem with them with this request. The dress is exactly what I had wanted.
ScarletRhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote