Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AMē

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-23-2010, 01:08 AM   #1
techrabbit13

Talking Club 2 The Max ( AX Day 1)

Hey everyone Techrabbit here

Just wanted to let all my fellow AX'ers know about an awsome event going on next door to AX on Day 1:

"MAX, established in 2010, is a one (1) day event with no general attendee/badge purchase requirement and with no charge for admission to the general areas including the booth and gathering areas and is aspiring to be a key meeting place for fans that share a common interest with the event.

Nominal fees are charged for certain activities that attendees choose to participate in. MAX 2010 will be held on July 1, 2010 at the world famous venue-Club Nokia in sunny Los Angeles, California."

http://club2themax.com/main.php

and you woun't believe who they've got coming; Stan Lee, Yoshiki from X-Japan, The Power Rangers, ANIMAID CAFE, An EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE OF STUDIO GHIBLI'S TALES FROM EARTHSEA TRAILER and last but certain no least Miss Erina Mano with KAI-KI: TALES OF TERROR FROM TOKYO

so now thats I've passed on this surprise, what do you all thing?

Last edited by techrabbit13 : 06-23-2010 at 01:32 AM.
techrabbit13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-23-2010, 06:42 AM   #2
iaShakezula

we have been talking about this in the other thread but I might end my day with that nice Wolfgang Puck meal and Animaid Cafe show.. How long will that show run though.

I know Yoshiki san charity event is that night.I am usually not too picky about money when it comes to some charity and a nice tasty meal with it.

I will be cosplaying my Vampire Knight outfit that night already.

PMX SIZE="2"]

I am almost done working on the Sports cosplay.I have to finish Barakamon Sensei jinbei and red miku outfit.

[/size]

Last edited by iaShakezula : 06-23-2010 at 06:45 AM.
iaShakezula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
techrabbit13

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaShakezula View Post
we have been talking about this in the other thread but I might end my day with that nice Wolfgang Puck meal and Animaid Cafe show.. How long will that show run though.

I believe the show is about 2 hours
techrabbit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
henna_nyo
Lolita-in-Training

I've been pondering on whether to go or not for some time now...

Outfits:
* Sweet Lolita 1 ♫ 70% *
* Sweet Lolita B 1 ♫ 100% * √
* Sweet Lolita M 2 ♫ 70% *
* Sweet Lolita B 3 ♫ 50% *
* Sweet Lolita DC 4 ♫ 100% * √

Cosplays:
* Shiraume "Ume" Noyamano ♪ Air Gear ⌂ 100% √ [Thank you, Mel!♥] *
* Hyuuga Hinata ♪ Naruto Shippuuden ⌂ 100% √ *

Planned Cosplays
* Dejiko š Di Gi Charat *
henna_nyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2010, 08:44 PM   #5
Celcia
Revolutionary Girl

I think I'll go. Yoshiki's gonna be there so that's reason enough for me!

deviantArt account
Celcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 03:17 AM   #6
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

Club 2 the MAX was an awesome event and now that its announced as a full on con next year I want to see how you will top 2010.
LelouchYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 03:36 AM   #7
El_Duque
miyoshi82

Currently undecided, but is leaning towards MAX for next year.

Last edited by El_Duque : 10-05-2010 at 03:48 AM.
El_Duque is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 11:29 AM   #8
Technowraith
Stealing Dante's Pizza...

Club 2 The Max sounds exactly like The Asian Karoako Invitational (TAKII) event that occurs here in the Philadelphia region. TAKII occurs twice a year, and it's been steadily growing. slowly but surely. Basically, TAKII offers the same thing: no badge requirement to get in, but to participate in tournaments, cosplay events or raffles you need to buy tickets. Club 2 The Max, to me, at least is a bigger, better version of TAKII. (TAKII originally was strictly a gaming event, with extensive gaming and tournaments. But over the last year, to accommodate interest, they've adapted to accept cosplay as an integral part of their event). If anything, it definitely sounds like something that will be worth checking out. I'm wandering with the Club 2 The Max's move to a "full convention" how they will handle admissions or costs. Renting part of a convention center will not be cheap, so they will be doing something to recoup those costs.

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Costume status: Wig ordered.
Current Prop status:
Deathbringer: Full scale mock-up 85% complete. Design adjustments in progress.
Red Queen: Design in progress
Blue Rose: Not started yet.
Technowraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 03:11 PM   #9
darkchappy
Chocolate Robots :3

cant wait for MAX 2011 since its gonna be for 3 days now and at the Aniheim Convention Center
darkchappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2010, 11:08 PM   #10
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

MAX brought its game face on back in July and delivered, Animaid, whose line, Eri Mano and X Japan so it has some pretty big word of mouth from people and sites going into next year. Here is wanting something just as big next year for the 3 days its around.
Unread 10-17-2010, 06:22 PM   #11
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

This should have its own con page imo, so people who don't know about MAX yet don't confuse it as something to do with AX.

Also MAX is probably the best for a lot of newer vendors offering a flat fee per table which includes all the moving, cleaning fees and if you want some extras it does cause a bit extras depending on what you want (islands, special areas) which is normal for companies to do that, but after seeing what Anime Expo is charging for tables after last years fiasco you don't want to be a smaller company who never sold at anime expo now since a 10x10 area will run you like 1,175 per so 2 will be like 2,300 plus anything else they might charge you.

Alumni magically get like 400 bucks off which is good but still with dislike and possible drop in attendance and numbers people will wait and rates do go up but for AX it regardless raises about $75 meaning about $1,200 bucks meaning they can wait, as for MAX starts off as $675, in Jan 1st goes to $725 and after April 1st is $800 but still pretty much cheaper for a new con to charge, but I know everyone will wait to see who gets what guests before they make a decision since everything is up in the air.

I myself will also wait to see who is announced but enjoyed the people at MAX i talked to including the PR, so they do have more a vote of confidence in me, so i told my vendor friends
Unread 10-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #12
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (October 19, 2010) ­Club 2 the MAX (July 1-3, 2011; Anaheim, CA at the Anaheim Convention Center), is where there is no general attendance purchase requirement and the public is encouraged to attend for FREE, is proud to announce Artist Alley 2011 (with NO HIDDEN FEES OR SURCHARGES) and terms available for 2011 and are accepting applications now. Contracts are downloadable from the Club 2 the MAX website under the ³Application Forms² tab at www.Club2theMAX.com

Club 2 the MAX will continue to support young budding and seasoned artists at its 2011 Artist Alley with financial relief during these hard economic times by providing affordable table rates, starting at $80.00 US per 2¹x6¹ table (until January 1, 2011 and $100 thereafter) with no additional fees for move-in/out.

All Artist Alley participants must have a valid CA State Seller¹s Permit.

Those interested in exhibiting at this year¹s event and have questions, please email info@club2themax.com

thats pretty cheap seeing as AX Artist alley tables where about 115-150 dollars last years, I really want to see this con grow so artists themselves can make some money, since I love seeing the stuff the draw and bring
Unread 10-19-2010, 06:42 PM   #13
daylight
Sugar Junkie

im so exited! I just found out about this con on another site!!!!

im defiantly going next year and I am ecstatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LelouchYamazaki View Post
This should have its own con page imo, so people who don't know about MAX yet don't confuse it as something to do with AX.
^This
daylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 07:39 PM   #14
thetrueking

The MAX forums have opened so it looks like we can go ask questions and even request guests there it seems. I think with Chase Wang's connections, it is possible that he bring amazing guests to the MAX event. So we should go post our requests there. Supposedly their staff are promising that they will take attendee questions and considerations very seriously for many things like convention operations, various events, guests, ideas.

http://forums.club2themax.com/
thetrueking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #15
daylight
Sugar Junkie

lol I just joined hahah its so new!!! there are only 19 members :O
daylight is offline   Reply With Quote