Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Masquerade / Skit Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-19-2009, 02:00 AM   #106
Ryoko-and-Yami
SO inappropriate!

My sister and I were thinking of doing a walk on of Sailor Pluto and Sailor Neptune in Santa outfits from the artbook. I was wondering if you guys have any ideas how to make it more interesting. I was thinking of handing a present to Neptune saying, "From Haruka," and have Neptune sigh cutely.

Please check out my cosplay page! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ryoko...62057050481980

Currently selling a variety of wigs, costumes, anime, and manga! Check it out! http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...0/ppuser/50381
Ryoko-and-Yami is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #107
Rosewine

I think it's pretty important to not have a skit that is too exclusive. Not everyone is going to understand what's going on with a bunch of references to a specific show unless it's SUPER common. My recommendation is to go with something everyone can understand and enjoy.
Rosewine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 12:50 AM   #108
Vasooki
Official Kira Hunter

Me and my 2 friends are at a loss for a walk on. We are doing a Llama's with Hats parody, (Ouran) so how would my friend who is playing dead manage this? xDD
Vasooki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #109
TsukiNoMiko

Talking Walk ons...

My friend and I cosplayed as Miaka and Nuriko (in his girly court robes) and when we walked on stage I was slightly behing a preening Nuriko who acted like he was looking into a mirror admiring his beauty while I miaka walked behind him exasperated and sighing then I pulled him by the braid and dragged him off stage,everybody really loved that one,lots of laughs.
TsukiNoMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 11:58 PM   #110
Buddycat
Assistant ICG Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewine View Post
I think it's pretty important to not have a skit that is too exclusive. Not everyone is going to understand what's going on with a bunch of references to a specific show unless it's SUPER common. My recommendation is to go with something everyone can understand and enjoy.
Very good point. Making it accessable to a wider audience will get you a better reaction in the end.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ICGArchives

Also visit the International Costumers Gallery: http://www.costume.org/gallery2/main.php
Buddycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #111
xxyuukixx
I am ERROR

What would be a good walk on for hatsune miku?
xxyuukixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2010, 04:13 PM   #112
I Aria I

Presentation! All I can do is repeat what's already been said. If you have a prop, Use It! For example Pit (from smash bros brawl) has a weapon that comes apart. So if you have a weapon/prop that comes apart (and is supposed to come apart) take it apart, or put it back together on stage. Strike battle poses, act like your attacking someone. Strut, skip, rush, and do a turn. As long as your acting like your character you should be fine ^-^
I Aria I is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2010, 01:47 AM   #113
Alu-chan
ಠ_ಠ

EDIT: Disregard, we worked things out. Thanks~!

=)

(ノ◣д◢)ノ ミ ┸┸

UPCOMING CONVENTIONS - Nan Desu Kan 2012

In Progress -

Last edited by Alu-chan : 06-12-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Alu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #114
Cosplay Hart
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by salazar View Post
that's a LOT of people. don't most (american) cons have a limit to the amount of performers they allow onstage? granted, that was like, epic, but it might be impossible for an american group to do.

plus, i think the sheer size of that group was it's most defining feature. i think if there were fewer people it would allow for more characterization, which would allow the audience to feel more "involved." but, then again, i'm kinda speaking out of jealousy because pfft, i want to be in a ginormeous group like that (that's so coooool). ><;;

ps: dance h20 dance, i love your name!
Pff, there're only 34 people. XD Well, it did help that they sorta split everyone up in a group of a few people, and showed basically what'd happen in those groups.
PS. I think I've seen that Roxas somewhere before...
Cosplay Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #115
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Alu-chan - without knowing the characters or the series, or what you mean by "set stage performance" that you have planned, there's not a lot of advice to give. I mean, hell, a prepared performance with intro and background music is approaching Not A Walk-On already, so...not sure what kind of advice you're looking for.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #116
DetentionMisfit
Get back on your feet!

Okay, so I've browsed through most of this forum and I get that you (basically) need character and action to make a good walk-on.
So, I'm cosplaying as Princess Zelda from LOZ: Twilight Princess. I'm planning on having her sword to swing around and do some poses with (ex: Walk/run on stage, swing the sword around, do a couple of twirls, stop for a second or two, then walk off all lady-like), but that still sounds pretty boring to me.
Is there any way I could spruce that up a bit? At the convention I'm going to be preforming at (A-Fest) they don't let you use your own music for walk-ons, so music is out...

Princess Zelda- Twilight Princess (80%)(Semi-retired)
School Sora- Kingdom Hearts II (100%)
Madame Red (Party Dress)(90%%)
BBC Dr. John Watson (75%)

Next Con: A-Fest
My Deviantart | My YouTube | My Cosplay Group
DetentionMisfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 08:40 AM   #117
Siffel
Sleep deprived since '05

I've had this skit idea for a while and I just wanted to ask if it's in good taste...
I don't want to offend many fans or get booed off the stage! XD For an upcoming con, by sister and I are going to be crossplaying Hidan and Shikamaru from Naruto. For a skit, we were going to poke a little fun at the final battle they had (sorry, no chapter referance). We were going to have a huge lead up, like a Dragon Ball style "THIS IS IT!" couple of lines and then break into Finger Eleven's "Paralyzer" and have a dance off.
We really think it's funny...

Feedback, please?
Siffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 11:27 AM   #118
martyk
Pretty Cool Guy

I'm planning on entering my first masquerade at the upcomming FanExpo in August and I wanted your advise on what I'm currently thinking for my walk-on.

As I will be running it solo, I'm only alloted 45 seconds, so I don't have time for anything too elaborate. For the record, I will be cosplaying as a member of the Brotherhood of Steel from Fallout in a suit of T51-b Power Armor.

Currently what I'm thinking is I'll start out with a clip from the Marine's Hymn and marching out onto stage. From there, I strike a few poses before my music suddenly cuts out with a record scratch to be replaced by some other music from Fallout (havn't decided which yet).

At this point I stop, turn, take aim with my rifle and fire offstage, at which point a sound-effect plays and the music cuts out again. After this, Marine's Hymn revs back up, I finish up with a salute and then march back offstage.

Your thoughts?

T-51b Power Armor (Fallout)
Quarian Biosuit (Mass Effect 2)
Vriska Serket (Homestuck)
martyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 05:57 PM   #119
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

@martyk: That's actually a full-on skit, not a walk-on.

Last edited by Stormraven24 : 02-01-2011 at 08:36 PM. Reason: wow, I screwed up a lot
Stormraven24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #120
martyk
Pretty Cool Guy

It is? I'm still a bit fuzzy on my definitions. I didn't know it switched from being a walk on to a skit so quickly.

T-51b Power Armor (Fallout)
Quarian Biosuit (Mass Effect 2)
Vriska Serket (Homestuck)
martyk is offline   Reply With Quote