Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Unread 06-28-2010, 09:02 PM   #16
musashi3000gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayushiKachiko View Post
Yeah, be careful with your prop weapons too. Make sure you get them checked upon entry, keep them in bags, etc.
Shhh, only one of them was a prop, the other is a loan from my boys at the National Guard recruitment center. The cops where real pissed about that.
musashi3000gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-29-2010, 03:04 PM   #17
Sakenshi
Do the DANCE,1234-FIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi3000gt View Post
Shhh, only one of them was a prop, the other is a loan from my boys at the National Guard recruitment center. The cops where real pissed about that.
I had that happen to me, Three years ago at Metrocon! Counterstrike costumes, we didn't have our orange caution tips on, and we were in a parking garage with my brother's trunk open with all our gear in it. FUUU moment. Watch those parking garages they have security out the Back door!
Sakenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 08:53 AM   #18
SoedBlackChaos
SoedBlackChaos

Metrocon offers quite a few events that are unique(or WERE) on the circuit. Where else can you go out on the river-walk at 10pm and find performers spinning fire? And we're still the only con that uses Live Steel in our Fight-Shows.

Seriously though, I've been to Metro every year for the past 7 years(since it started) and this will mark year 8. I have NEVER walked away from this convention disappointed. Lots to do, cosplayers to photograph, lots of artists and dealers, friendly and accessible VA's, a very involved staff, and you can make at least 50 friends just by talking to the cast-members alone.
I have friends who fly down here from Washington to spend 3 months in Florida so they can participate in Metro. I'd say it's well worth it.
Metrocon 2009 Fireshow- Mai Shiranui
Metrocon 2010 Fireshow- Head Stagehand
Metrocon 2011 Fireshow- Performer

Need a costume? Collide
SoedBlackChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 05:38 PM   #19
musashi3000gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakenshi View Post
I had that happen to me, Three years ago at Metrocon! Counterstrike costumes, we didn't have our orange caution tips on, and we were in a parking garage with my brother's trunk open with all our gear in it. FUUU moment. Watch those parking garages they have security out the Back door!
Meh, I dont blame cops and security for doing thier job but it bothers me that airsoft and paintball guns piss them off so much when kids are wielding real swords and daggers at these shows. If I shoot someone with a toy gun its gonna tickle em. Yet the guys who carry real swords are okay?
I'm ex military and I counted at least 5 guys at the last con that are trained well enough to do more damage with a katana then I can with a gun.
Unread 07-01-2010, 09:24 AM   #20
Dota2008
U.S.S. Delta Squad

Quote:
So me and my hetero life mate where wondering how far people actually travel to this Metrocon shindig and if its worth the bother. We live in South Miami so its like 4 hours by road trip, 3 by GTO. Hes been in Iraq for the last 8 months and just got back in time to hit Supercon in Miami and he went ape-shit crazy loving it. Im wondering if its worth the time off from work and the drive cause so far I havent really been wowed by thier website or itinerary. Is this a small local show for the die hards or is it to like supercon scale?
go its totally worth it. btw are you guys doing army of two? ill be salem one day of the con. probably on friday

Avon S10 Gasmask Custom Flat lenses http://www.etsy.com/listing/91403887...acrylic-lenses
Dota2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #21
RuhiNunchuck
Magic, Trust, Pixie Dust

Quote:
Meh, I dont blame cops and security for doing thier job but it bothers me that airsoft and paintball guns piss them off so much when kids are wielding real swords and daggers at these shows. If I shoot someone with a toy gun its gonna tickle em. Yet the guys who carry real swords are okay?
I'm ex military and I counted at least 5 guys at the last con that are trained well enough to do more damage with a katana then I can with a gun.
The actors in the fight shows train for MONTHS ahead of the con to do this. That's the reason they're allowed the live steal weaponry and typically they are only allowed to have them when they're performing. Alot of them have been with Metro for years too.

But on the topic of should you go...I say....hell yeah! Between the shows (Chess Match, Fire Show and Masquerade, Star Pary), the lush dealers room, the ever amazing artist ally and the plathera of panels...it's totally worth every penny! I actually bought a VIP pass this year (that's $100 yo) plus putting forth money for the hotel and whatnot. My con schedule absolutely revolves around this con and I wouldn't miss it for the world!
RuhiNunchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 08:09 PM   #22
musashi3000gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dota2008 View Post
go its totally worth it. btw are you guys doing army of two? ill be salem one day of the con. probably on friday
we might do army of two or we might do Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow since its themed ninja vs samurai....not sure yet.

We cant be there on Friday cause we both work but we drive up Sat morning and will be there sat and sun. If you wanna meet up and chill while at the con let us know bro. An Army Of Two fan is a friend of ours any day.