Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1069 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #1666
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

I wanted to add to my experience but the ps3 only allows so much text. I was going to say the jacket fit perfect but I have to get it tailored because it won't zip up because my chest is too large. Also, communication with minako chan was great. She responded when ever I messaged her with concerns or questions, there was one time she didn't respond for 3 days but it could have been she hadn't been on in 3 days. I just sent another message and she responded within the day. I would recommend her from the market place if she has any thing you'd like to purchase. I can't really say her prices would always be fair because it would depend on the item, but she helped me save money. I have to spend a little to alter the jacket but it should be no more then 20 dollars if that even.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #1667
PartTimeProphet

Cosplaymagic A+

Katie Blair wig supplies

Last edited by PartTimeProphet : 06-26-2011 at 04:02 PM.
PartTimeProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #1668
PartTimeProphet

KatieBlair

Name of Commissioner:
Katie Blair

Website/C.com gallery:
pettingzoowigs.com

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Just wig dye and supplies.

Timeline (how long your order took to process):
Ongoing

Pros: She seems really nice....that's about all. The site also has a cute design.
Cons: I made an order previously with her for some dye, styrofoam heads and some wig caps. They hadn't even been shipping in 3 weeks so I inquired as to why and she apologetically sent them out immediately. I can't help but wonder why she had waited so long to ship them out when she clearly had the ability to ship them out immediately (since that's what she ended up doing). Anyway, after that purchase I decided I needed a comb that was usable on wigs and decided to buy one from her site. There was a space in my order form that said "If your order isn't going to be done by a certain date, would you like to be notified? If so, what date would you like to be notified?" or something like that. So I specified July 10th, that gave her two and a half weeks to ship out some combs. So July 10th passed, and I need this stuff by July 29th, and on the 12th I still hadn't received an e-mail. So I sent her one asking why my order wasn't ready, if I could upgrade to a faster shipping, and why I hadn't been notified about my order not being ready on the 10th. She didn't reply. So on the 14th I sent another e-mail, asking for some reply, again if I could upgrade shipping, and basically everything I had said before, only this time I included the possibility of wanting to cancel my order. She still hasn't replied. At this point, I'm about to just order another copy of the wig I need to brush (it's severely messy and I'd been told that normal combs/brushes are NOT GOOD for wigs [by Katie herself actually]) because it's taken THIS LONG for some combs to get here. The wig itself (shipped from China allegedly) got here in a week.

Final Grade:
D
PartTimeProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 03:08 AM   #1669
Kukkii-san
Wig Mage

Actually, that last one is a merchant review, not for a commission. And the name's Katie Bair. (Just sayin' ^.^)
Kukkii-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 03:42 AM   #1670
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Name of Merchant: Love Laugh
Items ordered: Scarlet Flandre costume (shirt, vest, tie, wristcuffs, hat, ribbon, skirt, panier, and wings)
Links to picture(s) of your items recieved: coming

Timeline (how long your order took to process): The order was placed on Sunday, paid for on Wednesday, shipped on Friday and recieved on Saturday (just under a week)

Describe your Experience: I've wanted a costume from Love Laugh for quite some time. I'm a huge fan of the circle and their color choices are top-notch. They have some of the nicest, most complete costumes available to order anywhere and for prices that ought to make other domestic makers like cospatio a bit ashamed of themselves for blatant gouging. Love Laugh has been extremely kind, personal and meticulous from the start. My order was met with both electronic confirmation and a personal mail from the circle's leader Suzuki-san. Suzuki-san was extremely courteous, offering customizations, pockets, and even a free "scent service" in which they would put perfume on a dressform before setting my costume on it for 24 hours. I didn't ask for any of the perks ~ but I really was impressed that so much was offered.

After mails updating me on each step of the process ~ the costume was in my hands in the correct sizes, without stains and as-pictured within a week. The costume was shipped in a carboard box plenty large enough to keep items from wrinkling or getting damaged. Inside the box, items were seperated and packed in plastic bags and tissue with a checklist, care information and contact information for the circle. The main dress came on a hanger in a plastic garment bag.

Pros: What you see is exactly what you get. The site is amazingly transparent, right down to the pieces you should expect, how they fit, where they go, how they attatch and the fabric they're made from. No polyester here! Everything is in heavy cotton broadcloth with gorgeous deep, accurate colors. Snaps and pins are attatched deftly and are tight. The wings are also well-made. I can't see any construction errors or loose stitches. The fabric is completely clean with no stains or runs.

I recieved a sale price on this costume ~ 16,830 yen (about USD$190)... and for 10 pieces, including a panier and a complicated prop (the wings) -- I think I got an amazing deal. I would easily have paid a commissioner in China $250 for the same work and would have gotten half the quality in 3 months time.

Cons: The sizes run a bit larger than other costumers ~ I may actually have fit into a medium without much fuss... but this is actually a refreshing change. I'm incredibly sick of sucking it in to wedge my American size 6 butt into a Japanese "large". The costume fits well, if a bit loosely around the waist.

I wasn't expecting the waistband on the skirt to be elastic, but the waist ribbon hides the elastic completely when worn (I'll need to pin or tape it down to keep it from shifting though).

I have only one small accuracy qualm ~ the ribbon on the hat is too thin and really ought to look more like an amulet.

Final Comments: I'm so incredibly impressed that I think Love Laugh may have spoiled me to the point where I can no longer, in good conscience, go back to Chinese-made costumes. People really are kinder, more meticulous and on-the-ball when they're being paid a decent wage for their labor. I think I can afford $60-100 extra dollars for costumes as long as they come with this level of workmanship, this many extras and such amazing courtesy.

Final Grade: A+

I love Love Laugh <3 <3

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 04:01 AM   #1671
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Name of Merchant: 007 Express Contacts
Item purchased: Venus Eyes "Edge Aqua" color contacts (3 month wear) ~ 2 sets
Photos: none
Timeline: Three days (within Japan)

The site is still a pain. Shopping is a bit like a scavenger hunt. But the ordering system itself is fairly straightforward and the item I ordered was shipped the same day I sent the bank transfer to pay for it (it arrived 2 days later).

All items arrived as-described, fit well and look great. Photos are quite representative of actual colors. The edge aquas are PERFECT for the Kagamine's. No other shop seems to offer quite this color. My only regret is that 5000 for one pair of contacts is a bit steep and a majority of the 700 yen shipping cost seems to have gone toward loading the package with more catalogs, flyers and junk mail than any human mind could possibly process. Essentially, you're paying them to advertise to you.

This order was shipped along with six free gifts ~ two cute transparent contact cases, two bottles of free contact solution, a tube of face cleanser the company also sells (for 2,500 yen) and a loufa spongey thing. The facewash is actually excellent and the tube is enough to last a few months, not a dinky sample size. The loufa dojabby is ingenous and equally loved. Very practical free girls.

007 Contacts only ships within Japan but you may be able to order their products through finders' services or overseas-auction handlers for a commission fee.

Final Grade: A-

Unread 07-17-2010, 11:16 AM   #1672
Enasni

Name of Commissioner: Gneila
Website/C.com gallery: beyondthereflection.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Harley Quinn classic suit, Harley Quinn Mad Love Nightie, Pop Gun (2 costumes, 1 prop)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Will post soon, just woke up. P:
Timeline (how long your order took to process): September 2009 - Today (July 2010)
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.:

When I first approached Gneila for a classic Harley Quinn costume and gun, I had only heard high, glowing reviews, and her costumes looked pretty amazing. After requesting a quote, we discussed the construction of the costume, and she ensured me I would be there every step of the way, because I was very VERY particular in how I wanted everything to look. I had to pay in two separate payments, and we kept in contact. Until I finished the payments. Every once in a while I would send her a message and ask about the costume, and she'd tell me she was working on it and promised pictures later. After a while she just stopped responding. After a month or two of not talking, she finally got back to me saying she lost all of my info in a move to a new apartment. Okay... I guess thats plausible. She showed me pictures of the gun being carved out of foam, and promised to start working on the costumes ASAP. Hold on, start? Yes, she hadn't started the costume yet, and this was the end of November. My con wasn't until the end of May, so I didn't freak out much. I just told her to please keep me in contact every step of the way. I didn't hear from her again for little over another month. She profusely apologized and promised to have the costume to me in the end of the month, and asked if there was another costume she could make for me free of charge. I didn't want to take advantage of her, so I suggested a very simple costume. A nightie/baby doll. She was happy to oblige and supposedly went to work on the costumes.
February gets here, no costumes. I get in contact with her, and she promises to have everything done by March "for sure!" and promises pictures "tomorrow". March comes. Same thing, this . April, same thing. My con is right around the corner. The first few days of May with no costume, and I sort of lose it. I send her a sort of angry message via facebook telling her how ridiculous this whole thing is, and how the contact between us is a joke. I tell her I understand she has a real job, and other commissions, but thats no reason to not keep me updated. She says she completely understands and apologizes and says she can send things out after the weekend. I say, oh, thats great, and ask for pictures. She stopped responding. I do keep in touch with her over the month of May, and the costumes are "almost done" and she promises to have them done by the end of whatever week it is. The week of my Con comes, and she says she needs more time, but could finish if she rushed and get it to me. I say alright, and expect the costumes the first day of con. [I live right down the street, so I don't worry about leaving/arriving late, though I do get a hotel. I assume she shipped, and wait around till the mail comes with my roommate for the weekend. No costume. I have a bit of a breakdown and quickly speed dress into my old costume, determined to have a good weekend anyway. When I come back from the con I see she messaged me the last day of the con saying she couldn't find my address anywhere, and FINALLY sent me pictures of the costume! I get in contact with her when I get home, and she says the gun needs to set and part of the costume needs to be finished, but she'll have it to me in the week. At this point, I'm ready to say "just send me what you have and I'LL finish it." I keep loose contact with her through mid June, but pretty much lose contact with her from then until July. My BIG con is the end of July. I send her messages on facebook, yahoo and texts every day asking where she is, to contact me, how are my costumes. She gets back to me July 3rd, apologizing profusely and saying she was in a car accident in which her phone and camera were destroyed, but says the costumes are done and will take them to work with her to ship. I make sure shes okay, and express how happy I am that I'm finally getting them. For the next couple of days I ask if shes shipped them and no response. I post a message on her facebook wall asking about it, and it disappears. This sets me off. She had time to delete it, but not respond to me? She responds after a pissed message to her, and says she didn't delete it but will ship after the weekend, this monday. She didn't ship because of money problems, but they should be here Wednesday. I'm like, okay, cool. Thursday comes, no costume. I contact her asking if she shipped them. She says no, her bank account got cleared out. I'm freaking out, as I leave for my con monday. I tell her I will send her the money via paypal if she just overnights everything to me. She says okay, and I send her the money. I then stop talking to her because I was so angry and upset I had to go for a drive. The next morning she texts me to confirm the address (I thought she had no phone...? I guess she got a new one.) and says she's mailing them as we speak. She sends me the tracking number. All I have to do is wait.
This morning, sure enough, I got my costumes! They are gorgeous, and pretty much perfectly spot on. My only complaint is the pop gun, its a little lumpy, as if it was carved or sealed incorrectly. But shes supposed to be making me a new one and sending it sometime in the future. I'm not worrying about that one... Really, the costumes are beautiful, and fit me perfectly.
Pros: While it took nearly a year, and was stressful and there was virtually no contact until the end, the costumes are great. She was very nice to talk to when I wasn't freaking out about my costumes, and she made me an extra one free of charge.
Edit: I was unhappy with the prop she made me, and shes making me a new one, also free of charge. Really, she's great.

Cons: All of these times I contacted her, I had to hunt her down on facebook, YIM and the phone for days until she finally responds.
I don't know if the woman has incredibly terrible luck, or if she was lying. I'm very trusting, so I'm going on the side of bad luck, but it still would have been nice to let me know what was going on so I would know what to expect.

Final Grade: C
While the costumes are perfect and the price was reasonable, the time it took for them to get done, and the effort I had to put into getting a hold of her was ridiculous. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone RIGHT NOW. Maybe once she gets everything sorted out in her life with her job and money situation, but for now, she should take a break to sort things out.

Upcoming events:
A-Kon * SDCC * QuakeCon * AnimeFest

Upcoming Cosplays:
Akasha - Queen of the Damned
Firehawk Lilith - Borderlands 2
Gravity Suit Samus - Metroid

Last edited by Enasni : 07-18-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Enasni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2010, 07:51 PM   #1673
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Hmm, we have a new home.
Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #1674
MajesticLunacy
Commissions &amp; College

Quote:
Originally Posted by happii_ami View Post
Name of Commissioner: Ger / chou-wa comissions / cachalot on cosplay.com
Website/C.com gallery: http://seventhmoon.org/cosplay/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Prop, Dead Fantasy Rinoa Heartilly's gunblade Vanishing Star
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://gerodere.deviantart.com/#/d2sgo79
(Sorry my camera is broken at the moment.)
Timeline (how long your order took to process): E-mailed her my commission request on April 4 and received the prop July 1.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. I met her at Anime Boston with her booth at the Artist Alley and immediately fell in love with her works when I flipped through pictures of them. A few days later, I contacted her with my commission request about the gunblade I wanted her to make and she drew up a contract that we both had to sign stating the terms, conditions, etc. This was my first commission so her drawing up a contract really impressed me: it told me that she was serious about my request.

She was able to split the payment up in installments which made it MUCH easier for me. She responded to her e-mails VERY fast -- sometimes the same day or a day later. Communicating with her was great -- she seemed really really nice in her e-mails! She even showed me progress pictures in her Flickr, which made me excited every time I see a new picture of my gunblade. She's a really nice girl when I met up with her in person to pick up my gunblade and pay her the rest of the payment since we live close to each other. When I picked it up, I was SO happy! It looked just like Montyoum's design! So detailed and everything! I really died in the inside when I saw it in person. No, seriously. Overall, I had a REALLY great experience working with her! I LOVED IT!

Pros: Great communication, fast responses, flexible, nice, AMAZING work and details on the prop -- looks just like the original!

Cons: None at all!

Final Grade: A+ I DEFINITELY recommend her if you need any props made! I had an amazing experience and she's definitely my soul prop commissioner if I need any prop made!
Not that I'm biased or anything , but Ger is a friend/cosplay group member of mine and she's awesome. I actually found and fell in love with her stuff a good year before I knew I was cosplaying with her. I haven't gotten anything from her yet, but next time I need something I will.
MajesticLunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 01:59 AM   #1675
Palaven
I like big boats.

Commissioner | Catzia's Collectables
Website | http://www.catzia.com/
Character / Series | Sailor Neptune / Sailor Moon
Commissioned Items | 1x Neptune Smooth Dk Aqua Gem Tiara
Commissioned Items | 1x Neptune Pumps
Commissioned Items | 1x Gold Star (for chokers)
Timeline | A week, from purchase to date recieved.

The transaction was smooth and easy. Communication was especially great. The shipping was fantastic, but I did pay $45 USD for it. It shipped in a week.

The gold star and tiara were exactly as pictured. The tiara fit comfortably, the elastic makes it fits any head size. The color is perfect, great item.

The shoes on the other hand, weren't so spectacular. The pictures on their website make it look like they are made with green material, but in reality, they are the Sailor Mars pumps painted green. Red peeks out from underneath in a few places. The image also depicts the ribbons completely different as the texture and width is drastically off from the picture. The clasp is also different, as I had received it with Velcro on the back, rather than a clasp. The shoes had hot glue in obvious places, and I had to re-sew the velcro in places. The ribbon also is far too big for my ankles, or most ankles in general, and I had to fix it myself.

Final Grade | If you're just buying the tiaras and accessories, they are perfect.
If you want the shoes however, I would be careful.

Shipping - 5/5
Communication - 5/5
Item Quality - 3/5 (Depends on the item)
Photo Honesty - 3/5

Overall Grade - C+

Working On:
Sailor Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R ◈ 0%
Planned: Morrigan ◈ Darkstalkers
Sailor Mini Moon ◈ Sailor Moon R (for sister) | BB Hood ◈ Darkstalkers (for sister)
Conventions 2012: Taste of Animethon ◈ CCEE ◈ Animethon

[ Tumblr ] ◈ [ Deviantart ]
Palaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 08:44 PM   #1676
koi-ishly
Dreamer

Cosplay FU

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay Fu
<a href="http://www.****This Website Link Has Been Removed due to Recent Forum Spam****.com//">Cosplay FU</a>

Character commissioned: North Italy from Axis Powers Hetalia - Military suit

Links to picture(s):
<a href="http://www.****This Website Link Has Been Removed due to Recent Forum Spam****.com/product/Feliciano+%28North+Italy%29+Costume+from+Axis+Powe r+Hetalia">Italy Cosplay FU</a>

Edit:
Ok, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong... I'm guessing for this particular site it will not let me put a link up. Sorry about the links I don't think I can change anything for that.

Timeline: 3 weeks

Pro's: I gave plenty of time to receive it in the mail. It is nicely made. I reason I ordered it is due to my sewing skills/ lack of time. Looks exactly like the picture on the website, and I mean exact in style. Colors were a bit off, it's not as BLUE as the picture but you can blame the computer screen for that. They respond quickly if you have a question. You can also commission them for particular sizing.

Con's: The cloth was all polyester/multi-blend of something... Now while the uniform looks exactly looks like the picture, it's not exact to the military uniform. I'm having to alter it after receiving it all minor things. The belt is pure... well it's horribly cheap. The tie shouldn't be brown but black and it's not nicely made.

Advice: Be absolutely sure of your sizing. A medium in china's standard is not a American standard (for my size, stupid curves... I also measured wrong/confused by numbers)... I learned my mistake. I had to alter the pants (shirt and top fit fine, a little snug but I don't mind) due to the fact I couldn't pull them past my thighs >.< That was my mistake and not on the sellers part. I emailed them about my dilemma and wanted to re-order a new pant size... downside I needed it with in two weeks which was not enough time for my convention. Even if I rushed ordered it, there was no way it would have come in on time.

Final Grade: B-
This would have gotten an A- if they had not used the polyester fabric and minor lack of some details.

Last edited by koi-ishly : 07-22-2010 at 05:29 AM.
koi-ishly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 10:26 PM   #1677
HimeZelda
A Match Made in Hyrule

I have seen quite a few commissioners on here I will post my review for all of them:

Name of Commissioner: Shadow Sage
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s.../20359/cat/all
Character commissioned and series/video game:
Princess Zelda's Armor, Tiara and Bodice from The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2103328/
Timeline (how long your order took to process)
Not long at all about 2 weeks at most!! She was so fast!
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
I had nothing but Pros with Shadow Sage! The only con I had with her was a wig and that was because it didn't fit my head. She is WONDERFUL at making Zelda armor and the bodice she made me is just beautiful. It's held up with every convention I've gone to in it.
Final Grade:
A+

Name of Commissioner: Lunaladyoflight
Website/C.com gallery:
http://www.lunaladyoflight.net/
A wig of Princess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
A wig of Link from The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
Zelda's Wig:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2231202/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2231203/
Link's Wig:
http://images.cosplay.com/photos/25/2597355.jpg
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2091906/
About 2-3 Months
Nothing but Pros she's always been good to me, she respects your date and treats you as a fellow cosplayer.
Final Grade: A+

Name of Commissioner: Zardory
Website/C.com gallery:
http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/m...7721&protype=1
Soma Cruz's Boots from Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and Princess Zelda's Dress from The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Soma's Boots:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2512902/
Zelda's Dress:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2633244/
About 1-2 Months
Nothing but Pro's =)
Final Grade:
A+

Name of Commissioner: Dokudel
Website/C.com gallery:
http://www.cosplay.com/member/9788
Soma Cruz's Coat from Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
Mina Hakuba's Shirt and Skirt from Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
Both Characters:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2597320/
About One Month
Dokudel is very nice, so nice we are friends on facebook. She makes reasonable prices and is always so fast with her work!
Final Grade:
A+

NYCC 2014:
Friday:Link and (Queen Version)Zelda from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by HimeZelda : 07-21-2010 at 10:39 PM.
HimeZelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 12:04 AM   #1678
ShortStuff
Videogame Addict

Well, here goes my review.

kakeraのtsuki

Comments: Very unhappy with the commission. It was a full costume.

The costume, you could tell, was made at the very last possible minute. The vest was WAY too small. The pants were too big and the crotch awkwardly high. The cravat was shoddy, the decoration on it was also shoddy. (Wire and electrical tape. Classy.) The shirt didn't fit me properly. The grommets on my belts were not hammered in. I was told that I could do them myself. The belts themselves were held together by safety pins. The boot covers were horrid. Shoddy, little bits held on by hot glue. I had to keep them in place by using tape. C: Not good times. Also, bad communication in general and about pieces of the costume that were supposed to be made but weren't.

Also note, I commissioned this costume about.... Four to five months in advance of the convention.

Pros: The gloves were nice.

Cons: Everything else.

Final Grade: F-

Pokemon Mascot Costume (A Surprise)
Bilbo Baggins
Wizard King Cartman

Last edited by ShortStuff : 07-24-2010 at 09:49 PM.
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 04:01 AM   #1679
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 06:37 AM   #1680
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Name of Merchant: Zephyr
Website: http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/zephyr1/ *Japan and international (cosplay.com shopping handles zephyr wigs as well)
Items ordered: Non heat-resistant Shaggy Straight in light gold, 10 sets of point extensions in light gold for a Flandre Scarlet cosplay
Links to picture(s) of your items recieved: coming

Timeline (how long your order took to process): The order was placed through otamap and took about one week to process even with some restocking issues. Shipping was within Japan.

Pros: The color is lovely. It's perfect for Flandre and, as a bit of a bonus, it's also going to be a great Kagamine backup. The 3,000 yen pricetag is the cheapest of the useable brands available in Japan and it's nice to have a wide range of wigs available for one flat price reguardless of length. The cut/style is also nice and less volume on the bangs makes for easier styling without obscuring vision. The wig is well-rooted.

The point extensions are extremely reasonable! 105 yen a piece. And while it takes a good amount of them to do much of anything, it still ends up cheaper than buying wefted extensions or bunces half of the time.

Cons: The wig is a good deal sparser than all of my other, more expensive wigs. In this case, the top will go under a hat, so it's no big deal ~ but there is some wig-cap exposure on the top on close inspection... worse, it's right in the front near where the bangs are rooted. The wig has also been frizzed out at the roots more than other brands, presumably to hide that there's less hair in it. I wouldn't recommend Zephyr wigs for heavy styling or spiking -- there just isn't enough to them.

Some colors are deceptively named ~> example. between "light gold" and "yellow gold"... light gold is the darker and yellower of the two ^^;;;

For some reason, my blonde wig was packaged with a black wig cap ^^; C'mon guys, at least send the right color!

Final Comments: Zephyr is extremely reasonable and the colors really are gorgeous, but buyer beware. You get what you pay for. Zephyr is great for wigs that will be worn under hats, used for layered wigs, starter wigs, budget wigs and for a wide variety of wig parts in rarer colors. It's certainly a step up from ebay, but if you're just looking for a reasonable wig to go with you to hell and back -- get a Prichara.

Final Grade: B+