Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-23-2010, 05:32 PM   #61
kirstinleigh

bjfnhj
kirstinleigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-23-2010, 05:38 PM   #62
malinaevelyn
needs more cowbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukiSky View Post
Wooh that's awesome!! =D Can't wait to see it tomorrow then! I personally have some painting job to do on my shoes (stupid acrylic won't ever stay on the sole), and I have to iron my dress a bit too. Must wake up early to buy my ticket at the door! :x

I've dealt with acrylic paint waaay too much in my lifetime, I completely understand, haha. we won't even arrive in Tampa until like 11:00, but we're also planning on waking up super early tomorrow. xD
malinaevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #63
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

My Aqua turned into a disaster. I spent a majority of my day today crying or trying not to cry because everything just went to Hell. Some stitch SOMEWHERE on my leotard broke, making it hang wrong. the cups weren't sewn onto my corset (and as a quick fix I tried gluing them to the leotard, which works, somewhat, but the glue wasn't drying at all and I spent almost forty-five minutes in the bathroom just standing there holding my breasts. Then I find out when I finally can let go that the dye was not done on the cups and my hands were black. THEN my arm armor comes completely apart because I didn't have time to use a GOOD glue to hold it together and it was too cold inside for the glue to dry right.

I didn't have my crossed straps at ALL.

I ended up just getting dressed and walking around. Thank goodness I ran into someone I knew or else I would have lost it.

The rest of the day there wasn't much better, but isn't that how it usually is? Things go from bad to worse, right?

In the end I walked away with a Luxury Ball button and a feeling of disappointment in myself for not even sucking it up and trying for the masquerade ball, thinking I didn't have the things I needed to freshen up but I DID. I had them the whole time!

Going to try and make this work. I do NOT want to miss the photoshoot tomorrow. Other than falling to pieces it looks REALLY good and I'm not going to let my hard work go to waste. But for now, I nap, I'm exhausted and hate myself right now but maybe I'll feel better after some sleep.

Completed:
Aqua (Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep)

In Progress:
Princess Katia- Lost Kingdoms/Rune (making the mock-ups)
DevTehFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 06:47 PM   #64
AkatsukiSky

@DevTehFiend: Aw noes D: That sucks pretty much . Costume falling apart happened to me too... If you want a great glue, I would suggest Super Glue. Glues every thing in 5 second. Do not use hot glue at all, that's why my costume fell off. Must be careful with the Super Glue though (can stick your fingers together). I hope you can fix it for tomorrow. I am sure it will be awesome :3
Unread 07-23-2010, 07:13 PM   #65
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukiSky View Post
@DevTehFiend: Aw noes D: That sucks pretty much . Costume falling apart happened to me too... If you want a great glue, I would suggest Super Glue. Glues every thing in 5 second. Do not use hot glue at all, that's why my costume fell off. Must be careful with the Super Glue though (can stick your fingers together). I hope you can fix it for tomorrow. I am sure it will be awesome :3
Thanks. ^^ That helps actually. And no, I was using fabric glue (only thing I had at the time.)

Edit: I'm feeling much better. Was able to get my costume in good enough shape for the photoshoot, though the paint job on my armor is beat up from all the messing with it. (That's okay though, looks more like she was in an epic battle than that it's a craptastic paint job! XD)

I just need to learn not to let disappointment get to me so much. I put too much pressure on myself and am a huge control freak and that really messes with me and keeps me from thinking rationally about things. But I'm better not and should be good to go at the shoot tomorrow!

Completed:

In Progress:

Last edited by DevTehFiend : 07-24-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Unread 07-24-2010, 06:48 AM   #66
malinaevelyn
needs more cowbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevTehFiend View Post
I just need to learn not to let disappointment get to me so much. I put too much pressure on myself and am a huge control freak and that really messes with me and keeps me from thinking rationally about things. But I'm better not and should be good to go at the shoot tomorrow!
I know what you mean. I got sent two right hand gloves. I'm going to try and fix them somehow, but I might end up just not wearing them. ;_;
Unread 07-25-2010, 12:16 AM   #67
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by malinaevelyn View Post
I know what you mean. I got sent two right hand gloves. I'm going to try and fix them somehow, but I might end up just not wearing them. ;_;
That sucks. 0.0 *is confused as to how something like that happens*

You looked great though. So glad I was able to find you guys! ^^

Completed:

In Progress:
Unread 07-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #68
malinaevelyn
needs more cowbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevTehFiend View Post
That sucks. 0.0 *is confused as to how something like that happens*

You looked great though. So glad I was able to find you guys! ^^
(Oh, crap. This is Kirstinleigh logged onto Malina's account.)
YEAH I ALMOST FORGOT I SAW YOU.
I was like, "OOOOH AN AQUA!" And ran up and as we were walking away I go, "Wait a second.....uh, isn't she the one from Cosplay?" It was nifty. xD

Me and Malina (Sora) missed the photoshoot, though. ;_; We got pictures with the Parle crew and then one of our Axel friends was like "Alright, we're doing the photoshoot!" So I ran to the bathroom to fix my binding (because Ven doesn't have boobs) and we lost track of everyone. D:
Apparently they changed the location? I have no idea. Did you guys go?
Unread 07-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #69
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by malinaevelyn View Post
(Oh, crap. This is Kirstinleigh logged onto Malina's account.)
YEAH I ALMOST FORGOT I SAW YOU.
I was like, "OOOOH AN AQUA!" And ran up and as we were walking away I go, "Wait a second.....uh, isn't she the one from Cosplay?" It was nifty. xD

Me and Malina (Sora) missed the photoshoot, though. ;_; We got pictures with the Parle crew and then one of our Axel friends was like "Alright, we're doing the photoshoot!" So I ran to the bathroom to fix my binding (because Ven doesn't have boobs) and we lost track of everyone. D:
Apparently they changed the location? I have no idea. Did you guys go?
No, I had no idea. I knew that the panel time wasn't what everyone thought it was here, so I was just like, "Well, I didn't see anything about time changes mentioned in the forum, so I'll just head over at the time they said." But, I guess not.

When are you going to have the pics up? ^^ I got my friend to get a couple of me before I changed out of the costume, but she was so anxious to get out of the heat (and complaining about it the whole time -_- and it's not like THAT never get's old) that she failed to mention that several pieces of my costume were out of place, so the pictures ended up craptastic. I kinda want to beat her with my now in pieces armor, but it's not really her JOB to get the perfect picture (but she could have been considerate enough to say, "Hey, your elastic is showing.") *sigh* Oh well, I'll be working to make a better Aqua on and off during my next project and maybe I'll get her done in time to wear her next year as well.

Completed:

In Progress:
Unread 07-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #70
malinaevelyn
needs more cowbell

I'm in the process of editing a bunch of our photos now. It's rediculous how many I took during the Demyx Time panel. o.o
Once they're done, most of them will be posted on here, or on my deviantart (also malinaevelyn) and I might also make a new flickr account for cosplay photography.
Unread 07-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #71
DevTehFiend
Fiendishly Artistic

Cool, thanks much. ^^ Gonna see if anyone else got some too. Found one of deviantART. XD My eyes were closed though.

Completed:

In Progress:
Unread 08-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #72
Speener

Aw, man. I missed this forum. I was Roxas(both Twilight Town, and Organization) and Zexion.
(if anyone saw me and took pics, please let me know )
Speener is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #73
khforeverfan

Im going as Roxas
khforeverfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #74
Omi
Dream. Drop. Distance.

I'll be there are KH2 Sora on Saturday and DDD Sora on Sunday.
I'll also have Riku with me~ Also we'll have our pets with us on Sunday hahah~

I may not be able to make it to the shoot though on Saturday at 2:00 since I have a personal shoot then. ;o;