Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 07-24-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
Crydda

Short and Chubby...

So, NDK's coming up in September, and I haven't exactly gotten permission from my mom, yet, but I also don't want to wait until I actually do to come up with a cosplay, so...

My issues:
  • I'm 4'9"
  • Chubby, weighing at around 130 at the moment [I'm working on this]
  • Kinda self conscious
  • On a budget of a $20, possibly more
  • No access to a paypal account...

There's a possibility I can scrape some money off my mom [she "borrows" my money and is in debt to me atm...], but I don't really want to count on that until I know for sure.

I don't know how to use my mom's sewing machine, either, so it'll more than likely be hand sewn, crocheted, or knitted if it's simple...

My friend and I are considering a pair cosplay as a White and Black Mage from Final Fantasy, but I would like to do more than just that.

The first one was taken a few minutes ago, second and third were from 1 July, and the last one was on the first night of ALW '10...

I guess you can't really tell I'm chubby in those pictures, but I'm not getting into a bikini or anything, and my less baggy clothes are in the washing machine =______=

So yeah...

Last edited by Crydda : 06-07-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Crydda is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-28-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
Ichibon-Bunny
Kawai-Bunny-chan

Chu don't look chubby!!! You look beautiful ^-^! Hmmm, you might look good as a Yuki Cross or Tifa Lockheart ^-^!- Maybe even Anthy from Revolutionary Girl Utena~!- Those cosplays get sort of expensive though ;__; - There's always L from Death Note for a person on a cheaper budget xDD- characters from Love Hina are pretty easy to cosplay as- cheap too ^-^!
Ichibon-Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
Reiko_Mikashima
Tophat X Belt

Well, if your like me, lol.. you are in the money system.. XD i would say maybe the cheapest way to do something like this, would be to do a sailor fuku outfit. i know that its really dull and not what you wanted probably.. so i just throwing it out there.. but some fuku's that have an actual theme to them would have to be Lucky Star thats a fun one... but if not, i would say, look around your house and maybe find some trench coat jacket thing.. the short kinds.. XD and alter that a bit by hand sewing or something... and when you find that jacket, find some person that wears it, and make it look like that. Also, if you need any fabric, some walmarts carry that. I know that a walmart near my house doesn't so i drive the extra few minutes to get my fabric. and if you want just the fabric and don't care as much on the material it self, get the stuff thats 1.87 a yard. its good stuff, and i made my kairi outfit in it. x.x sorry i don't have pics.. but i'll be willing to post them if you like.

Hope i was help sorry for ranting.. XD i tend to do that.
Sailor Mars - Sailor Moon
---------------------------------

Anime Milwaukee 2012
No Brand CON 2012
Reiko_Mikashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 03:45 AM   #4
Crydda

Ichibon Bunny- lol, I think it's because I have a tendency to wear loose clothing such as my brother's shirts [against my mother's liking, of course]. I was actually looking at Tifa's outfits, along with Marlene's Advent Children clothes [then I cut my hair XD]. I'll take a look at the others, though, thank you~

Reiko Mikashima- Hmm, short like Konata, just need a wig and sailor fuku to top it all off! lol, when it comes to the trench coat thing, I was looking at Edward for a while [I got caught up into the craze and still am XD] until I realized I couldn't find a crochet/knit pattern for the coat. Everything else could be altered from scraps bought at walmart. Every walmart I used to go to actually got rid of fabrics for some reason [curse them], and my mom still needs to teach me how to use the sewing machine, or I wait until I'm home alone for a few hours and teach myself~

Which Kairi outfit? I think the outfit she wears as a little kid would be quite simple, just a matter of the wig and necklace [thanks for bringing Kairi up, I woulda never thought of her for a while!]~

Thanks, I'll be looking into your guys' suggestions~
Unread 07-30-2010, 10:00 AM   #5
Kiichigo

Shinobu from Ninja Nonsense, but the wig might be pretty expensive
Kiichigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
Crydda

Her outfit looks like I'd be able to hand sew it, but like you stated, the wig might be a little expensive... Hmm...
I'll probably be looking into different sites for wigs, I might need one either way~