Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-14-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
Jia Jem
replicant
Rock Star Admin

Arrow Requesting review on [ x ] product...

This is a thread to request reviews. Please keep all requests in this thread, so we can keep this forum focused on content rather than questions. Thank you for understanding.

Unread 08-07-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
JiseiHakushaku
Don't be such a Nord.

Costume2009 (eBay seller)

Hi there, everyone. I was wondering if anyone had used Costume2009 on eBay to buy any cosplay related merch? I was considering purchasing a pair of Ciel Phantomhive boots, since I seem to be having trouble getting the materials I wanted. It says that they're a top rated seller, but still, I'd like to get some more feedback from cosplayers on this site who've used them, ya know? :3

Seller's store: http://stores.ebay.com/Costume2009

Thank you!

(PS: Sorry if this is not exactly the right place, feel free to shoo me off elsewhere.)

•Progress:
Vriska Serket - God Tier [Homestuck] 50%
Vriska Serket - Assassin!Tier [Homestuck] 25%
Raimei Shimizu [Nabari no Ou] 15% [Hiatus]
Calliope [Homestuck] 15%
Claudia Auditore - Assassin [Assassin's Creed] 0%

I dream of getting rid of that icon someday. Prayer circle for me.
JiseiHakushaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2010, 08:34 PM   #3
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Has anyone ever ordered from the prop seller lanlan19 / ebay store 0404 COSPLAY PLAZA on ebay? They only have 106 feedback messages, but it's at 100% positive and they seem to have been around since last November... No feedback for them that I can find anywhere on-site.

http://myworld.ebay.com/lanlan19/
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 10:31 PM   #4
Valmasy03
Knightly Devil

I would like a review for Cosworx on Cosplay.com Shopping. Has anyone else had problems with them? Because I'm having a major problem and I can't seem to get anyone there to resolve the issue.
"If you were to turn into a snake tomorrow and begin devouring humans, and from the same mouth you started devouring humans, you cried out to me 'I love you,' would I still be able to say 'I love you' the same way I do today?"

Attending Cons
AnimeUSA 2011
MAGFest 2012
Katsucon 2012
Otakon 2012

Cosplays
Gin Ichimaru - Bleach (Hueco Mundo) - 100%
Yuuko Ichihara - xxxholic - 100%
Ritsu Kasanoda - Ouran HSHC (School uniform) - 100%
Valmasy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 10:52 PM   #5
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmasy03 View Post
I would like a review for Cosworx on Cosplay.com Shopping. Has anyone else had problems with them? Because I'm having a major problem and I can't seem to get anyone there to resolve the issue.
There's PLENTY of Cosworx reviews over here: http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...2&postcount=10

Though they won't help you get service any faster. You'll want to check this thread as far as the issues they've been having recently:

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=214565
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Unread 08-18-2010, 08:47 PM   #6
October Spencer

Anyone buy from cosplaywig on ebay? I was thinking about getting this ----> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Working on:
Nezumi - No. 6
Arrietty - The Secret Life of Arrietty
October Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2010, 10:44 PM   #7
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by October Spencer View Post
Anyone buy from cosplaywig on ebay? I was thinking about getting this ----> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...2&postcount=10

Many, many, many reviews throughout the site. Search function: use it.
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Unread 08-31-2010, 03:18 AM   #8
beeron

Costume Site Review: fan-store.net

Hello everyone, i saw this Katara costume online at fan-store.net and i was wondering if the website is legit. If anyone can give me info it will be greatly appreciated.

P.S if anyone knows where i can find katara, aang, and toph costumes somewhere else, it would also be some help...

THANK YOU!!!
beeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #9
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeron View Post
Hello everyone, i saw this Katara costume online at fan-store.net and i was wondering if the website is legit. If anyone can give me info it will be greatly appreciated.

P.S if anyone knows where i can find katara, aang, and toph costumes somewhere else, it would also be some help...

THANK YOU!!!
Fan-store is a subsidiary of fan+friend, so yes they are legit. You can find reviews of them in the Commissioner Review section (fan-store AND fan+friend).
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Unread 09-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #10
KradsLover
The Cloaked Scheamer

Could someone do a review on efaplast air dry clay? I was recommended to use it by a DeviantART user for doing 3D detail on a keyblade, but I'm a little iffy since I don't really know much about it.

Cosplays for 2011
Riku Replica- Kingdom Hearts (Re: ) Chain of Memories 15% done
Len Kagamine - Story of Evil Arc - Vocaloids 0.5% done
Ciel Phantomhive - Black Butler 0% done
Autumn themed Lolita - 0% done
South Italy - Hetalia - 0% done
KradsLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 06:20 AM   #11
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

Has anyone bought wigs from http://thefivewits.net/ ?
I was told by one person that they are decent. But decent isnt good enough for $40.
@_@ any feedback is very much appreciated!
Unread 10-01-2010, 02:31 AM   #12
-Milk-

Has anyone purchased from this site?

prettynaomi.com
I want a few things, but I have never heard of it!
-Milk- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2010, 12:18 AM   #13
oBerryo

Smile www.CosplayHouse.com

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has ever purchased anything from www.CosplayHouse.com and if they had a good or bad experience with them. I am planning to buy a Miku Hatsune costume from their website, but I am not sure if they are a trustworthy website. It'd be great if anyone knows where I can find reviews on the site as well XD
oBerryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 11:44 PM   #14
Charubi
Queen of Indecision

Well, this seems as good a place as any to ask this.

I've been pondering buying an Organization XIII coat, and found one commissioner whose work I love. They're kind of expensive but would be worth it, if they weren't booked up until June/July of next year. xD; So anyway, after browsing around a lot of pictures of a group I like, I found out their coats may have come from (or are at least similar to) the ones produced by Hello Cosplay. I've read all the reviews of Hello Cosplay on the "Commissioner Review Thread" and am happy they seem to be a good company, but I'd like some more details on the coat, specifically (hopefully from someone that owns one xD).

This is the coat I am considering: Organization XIII Coat - Big Zipper.

My main concern is the material. It looks a bit shiny in the first photograph, but looks almost perfect (to me) in the third photograph. So I'm curious, is it generally more shiny like the first photograph, or does it tend to lean toward the more "matte" finish of the last photographs?

Next concern is obviously comfort. Other than being warm (which I assume any Organization coat will be), is it comfy? Does it stick to you, especially if you sweat? Does it seem to move pretty easily with you, or does it prefer to fight your movement?

Third concern, and this is more of a general question, is shipping. I can't seem to find a way to calculate shipping costs without adding it to my cart, and I'm always paranoid about doing that. So if you ordered one of these coats semi-recently and happen to remember a ballpark figure of what you paid, I'd really appreciate it.

And I guess if you have any other pros/cons about the coat you'd like to share, I'd really appreciate that. Just sort of trying to gather intel about it before I spend the moolah. xD Anyway, thanks for reading this really long post. If you have any ideas/knowledge about these coats and/or my questions, I'd really appreciate hearing from you, whether as a post here or a PM. Sorry this was so long; I try to be detailed about these things so I don't waste people's time later by saying, "Oh, that's not what I meant. I meant [ x ]."

Anyway! Thanks again!

EDIT: I decided to purchase this coat, through this company. I'm extremely happy with it. Full details can be found in this review I posted. I figured I would update this post just in case anyone read past and wanted to know the same info I originally did. ^_^;

Last edited by Charubi : 12-09-2010 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Additional Information
Charubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 05:06 AM   #15
SPClannad

399cosplayshop.com

I was thinking about ordering a male CLANNAD school uniform from 399cosplayshop, it's about $70. I wanted to know if anyone has used this site yet? Was it good quality, fast shipping?
SPClannad is offline   Reply With Quote